Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,146 members, 7,811,229 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? (4108 Views)

Becareful as satan constantly seduces people/nations with Worldly "Riches" / Have Worldly, Crazy Dance Steps Crept Into Churches? / "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:05am On Nov 13, 2022
Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life?

Luke 12:16-20 (KJV)

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

To illustrate the scenario in a more modern language, the rich man began to sing and dance to Davido's 'assurance' thinking his riches had given him the 'assurance' to live for "many years", but unknown to him the day he thought he had the assurance of life was gonna be his last, as on that night his soul was required of him.

While we may not have known the rich man spoken about in the above passage, over the years we've witnessed and heard shocking news of several rich persons we least expected dying young, the most recent being the death of the 3 year-old son of the 'assurance' crooner, Davido, to prove that worldly riches cannot give anyone the assurance of life or guarantee that the person would live to see til the next moment even as Jesus had depicted in His Word.

Luke 12:15 (KJV)

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Sadly though, many, including Christians, still believe that a man's life consists in such earthly possessions, which hasn't been helped by many church leaders hardly preaching and teaching men to observe such sayings of Jesus in their churches today.

Instead you'd even hear them saying things to the contrary, to the extent of bragging about their earthly riches, as though a man's life consisted of such things, which has misled many and given them the false impression, however such instances of the rich dying young, prove the Words of Jesus true, that riches cannot give any man the assurance of life because a man's life doesn't consist in such things.

Therefore do not be deceived for even the rich can die at any moment, that's why it's important that the rich also prepare for eternity which is only a breath away.

Only God can give a man the assurance of life.

God bless.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by GardenOfGod(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2022
Only God

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Ireportlive: 7:12am On Nov 13, 2022
cool

If Laziness is a sin, so is poverty

God created man into wealth and luxury, prosperity and abundance in the garden of Eden, Satan gave Eve the fruit that started poverty, loss and tragedy

Whether you are as rich and famous as Davido, or as poor as a village church evangelist, or you are G.O Adeboye, if tragedy wants to strike your son or loved one, it's not a question of how much God loves you, or your level of wealth

As Africans, we must start preaching gospel of productivity, gospel of prosperity and shun gospel promoting poverty, mental laziness and backwardness

1: Never listen to anyone that says Money isn't important or God doesn't want you to have money

2: Never seek advise about money from someone who doesn't have enough money, because such a person doesn't understand the concept of financial freedom

3: Money doesn't change your personality or religion, with Money you can do more good, if you are a good person you touch more people's life with your wealth, and if you are a bad person you destroy more people with your wealth

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Righteousness2(m): 7:17am On Nov 13, 2022
Building your Earthly treasures without Building your Heavenly treasures is one of the Major ways the devil has used to Deceive and Destroy Humans today.

The devil has succeeded in Deceiving so many today to pursue Vanities while doing away with what Really Matters.

Listen!
It is Good to be rich
It is Wonderful to have all the good things of Life.
It is Great to have a good house, the best ride and all that.
But if you Don't Have a genuie relationship with JESUS CHRIST, it is a waste. Those things are "Firewood " to burn you in Hell Fire.

If Having Wealth and all the good things of Life will take you away from JESUS Christ, or take away your Salvation, it is better to be poor and make Heaven.

Don't trade your soul for Anything.
Don't trade your Salvation for Earthly gains.
1 Minute in Hell Fire, will dissolve 500 yrs of Wealth, fame, and riches on earth.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:33am On Nov 13, 2022
The Pharisees who were covetous derided Christ because of this teaching against covetousness.

Luke 16:13-15 (KJV)

No servant can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. YE CANNOT SERVE GOD AND MAMMON.
And the Pharisees also, who were covetous, heard all these things: and they derided him.
And he said unto them, Ye are they which justify yourselves before men; but God knoweth your hearts: FOR THAT WHICH IS HIGHLY ESTEEMED AMONG MEN IS ABOMINATION IN THE SIGHT OF GOD.

So do not be surprised if you see their likes also do same here.

God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2022
More of Christ teachings which offended the covetous Pharisees.

Matthew 19:23-24 (KJV)

Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Luke 6:20 (KJV)

And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be ye poor: for your's is the kingdom of God.

Luke 6:24 (KJV)

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation.
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Righthussle: 7:50am On Nov 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully:
And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits?
And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods.

And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry.
But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided?

To illustrate the scenario in a more modern language, the rich man began to sing and dance to Davido's 'assurance' thinking his riches had given him the 'assurance' to live for "many years", but unknown to him the day he thought he had the assurance of life was gonna be his last, as on that night his soul was required of him.

While we may not have known the rich man spoken about in the above passage, over the years we've witnessed and heard shocking news of several rich persons we least expected dying young, the most recent being the death of the 3 year-old son of the 'assurance' crooner, Davido, to prove that worldly riches cannot give anyone the assurance of life or guarantee that the person would live to see til the next moment even as Jesus had depicted in His Word.

And he said unto them, Take heed, and beware of covetousness: for a man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth.

Sadly though, many, including Christians, still believe that a man's life consists in such earthly possessions, which hasn't been helped by many church leaders hardly preaching and teaching men to observe such sayings of Jesus in their churches today.

Instead you'd even hear them saying things to the contrary, to the extent of bragging about their earthly riches, as though a man's life consisted of such things, which has misled many and given them the false impression, however such instances of the rich dying young, prove the Words of Jesus true, that riches cannot give any man the assurance of life because a man's life doesn't consist in such things.

Therefore do not be deceived for even the rich can die at any moment, that's why it's important that the rich also prepare for eternity which is only a breath away.

God bless.

Oga, send this your write up to your daddy G O.

2 Likes

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by EzeNwaanyiMmili(f): 9:22am On Nov 13, 2022
Ireportlive:
cool

If Laziness is a sin, so is poverty

God created man into wealth and luxury, prosperity and abundance in the garden of Eden, Satan gave Eve the fruit that started poverty, loss and tragedy

Whether you are as rich and famous as Davido, or as poor as a village church evangelist, or you are G.O Adeboye, if tragedy wants to strike your son or loved one, it's not a question of how much God loves you, or your level of wealth

As Africans, we must start preaching gospel of productivity, gospel of prosperity and shun gospel promoting poverty, mental laziness and backwardness

1: Never listen to anyone that says Money isn't important or God doesn't want you to have money

2: Never seek advise about money from someone who doesn't have enough money, because such a person doesn't understand the concept of financial freedom

3: Money doesn't change your personality or religion, with Money you can do more good, if you are a good person you touch more people's life with your wealth, and if you are a bad person you destroy more people with your wealth

rubbish
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by VIPAFRICAN(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2022
This thread reeks of Poverty

4 Likes

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by sukkot: 9:59am On Nov 13, 2022
shocked
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by generalwo(m): 10:00am On Nov 13, 2022
Assurance of life only comes from the ONE who can give life...... God almighty

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by BarrElChapo(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Boring ! I didn’t even bother to read angry
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by FrancescoFarino(f): 10:03am On Nov 13, 2022
only God gives riches

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Johel(m): 10:04am On Nov 13, 2022
jesusjnr2020:

God bless.

Riches is a waste in this world...pple only get rich because of people... nothing more.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Bahamas95(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2022
No, wealth can't give you life assurance. When death comes knocking even your money can't save you......A good example of that was the bad news that broke our hearts few weeks ago.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by whytediamond(m): 10:13am On Nov 13, 2022
grin
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Spirit247: 10:14am On Nov 13, 2022
Bb

1 Like

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by pacino26(m): 10:16am On Nov 13, 2022
It amusing saving for the unknown while destroying the known. Paying for a divine reward with worldly currency and waiting till death to reap the benefits.

I am not against the views of the Op( I didn’t read it anyway) but we should never cease to make a better experience for the opportunity given to us; Life!

2 Likes

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by phemmyfour: 10:38am On Nov 13, 2022
Wrong interpretation

The parable focus on the COVETOUS life of the rich man

It's not a sin to be a wealthy/rich man
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by JoeNL22(m): 10:38am On Nov 13, 2022
If worldly riches can't give Tinubu & Atiku the elections in 2023. Worldly riches is truly vanity upon vanity.
The only assurance of life is God through Omoluabi Ahmed Obi

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Fiscus105(m): 10:50am On Nov 13, 2022
Hope you also know that, out of one Infeanyi (rich) that died few days ago, hundred of him that were poor died too.

We didn't hear about them because they were not famous, infact, many of such deaths were even worrisome than Davido's son death, because, why Infeanyi died as a result of negligence, they died because of malnutrition, sickness that can be cured if their parents are opportune to be rich etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:51am On Nov 13, 2022
Riches of any kind does not give Life. It is God Who gives it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by livinbygrace: 10:55am On Nov 13, 2022
Oga Sapa never hold you before,if not,you would know say being poor on this planet earth is a Big Sin not to talk of heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Fiscus105(m): 10:57am On Nov 13, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:
Riches of any kind does not give Life. It is God Who gives it.

The same way poor of any kind doesn't give life.

So, if poor and rich do not give life, I think it's better to be on the side of rich.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:58am On Nov 13, 2022
To an extent, YES
Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Dtruthspeaker: 11:01am On Nov 13, 2022
Fiscus105:

The same way poor of any kind does give life.

So, if poor and rich do not give life, I think it's better to be on the side of rich

True and in the end both die without life. I say living is always better.

1 Like

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Ayojb: 11:15am On Nov 13, 2022
JoeNL22:
If worldly riches can't give Tinubu & Atiku the elections in 2023. Worldly riches is truly vanity upon vanity.
The only assurance of life is God through Omoluabi Ahmed Obi
Obi too is a wealthy man. They are all rich. You making Obi look like a village pauper with supernatural powers. It takes money to run politics anywhere and trust me Obi is feeling the expense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Worldly Riches Give A Man The 'Assurance' Of Life? by Martinez39s(m): 11:24am On Nov 13, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fornication And Gay Sex Which One Is Ok. / How Often Do You Pray?? / 10 Proofs From 10 Different Scientists That Heaven Exists.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.