Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,136 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:43 AM

I Am On House Arrest - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Am On House Arrest (1106 Views)

N@ked Woman Seen On House Roof In Benin / My Wife Spent Our Entire Life Savings On House Rent (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 8:50am On Nov 13, 2022
What is the best way to control my exuberance, if not by being confined to a place.

Just like during COVID-19 lockdown, this is the only way we addicts can help ourselves.

Well, for clarification, my house arrest is self-imposed. If I go out too often, mingle with friends, watch football or go to a betshop to charge my phone, I will gamble.

So just me, my phone and my bed henceforth. So far it has been working for me. Currently 29 days clean from betting. 100 days is the short term target

1 Like

Re: I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 8:53am On Nov 13, 2022
Immediately I close from work, straight home. No branching of any place. I have had to sacrifice friends and outing.

When I need to party, I put on my MP player, and dance alone.

When I need to philander, I soapy to my favourite blue film.

When I need to charge my phone, I put on my second hand generator. Only two hours, due to lack of funds to fuel it regularly

When I need to watch football or discuss it, I watch the highlights only online and discuss with my brother online.

5 Likes

Re: I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 8:59am On Nov 13, 2022
I can't trust myself to stay out for long, as bet9ja shops have proliferated everywhere.

At times, I become bored and feel like going out, but knowing I could mess up and go to jail, controls me.

I once experienced jail for one day and it was a terrible experience. Flies feeding on my skin. Cold sleeping on the bare floor. Smelling environment as we all urinated and excreted in a bucket

To think that was just counter arrest, as the main jail was worse, with gays and hardened criminals.

To cure boredom, I read books online and answer past questions (formerly a teacher) or I sex chat.

As for food, I buy all my meals once and take home, and warm intermittently when I want to eat any one. I also have many home videos. I have to limit going out. I try to cut my coat according to my material now

Other addicts should follow the queue. Never for once be complacent, apply humility all through and discuss your progress with people. May God see us through

5 Likes

Re: I Am On House Arrest by HarlequinLekex: 9:03am On Nov 13, 2022
You abused the rule of betting that is why.
Re: I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 1:32pm On Nov 13, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Addictions like drinking, betting (baby), womanising, drugs etc is hard to moderate, no matter how one may try.

Staying totally away from it is best. Note, to every one his or her addiction. One not addicted to betting, may be addicted to another thing

2 Likes

Re: I Am On House Arrest by HarlequinLekex: 1:40pm On Nov 13, 2022
ChildOfDoom:
Addictions like drinking, betting (baby), womanising, drugs etc is hard to moderate, no matter how one may try.

Staying totally away from it is best. Note, to every one his or her addiction. One not addicted to betting, may be addicted to another thing
That is y everything is not meant to be tried, only few can try those things and control themselves. Wishing u good recovery
Re: I Am On House Arrest by Lastpharoah33: 1:58pm On Nov 13, 2022
ChildOfDoom:

You nailed it, I don't even know how to go about the punting quit of a thing seriously.

I makes me go in and out of depression. Just yesterday night I lost 7k out of my meagre wages paid yesterday. I punt online.

I don't think druggies and womanizers are prone to depression as gamblers, sh!t drains life outta you at each loss.
Re: I Am On House Arrest by JOACHINpedro: 2:02pm On Nov 13, 2022
This my guy again

2 Likes

Re: I Am On House Arrest by Cold141114(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2022
@ChildOfDoom for the time i knew you bro....you lack dedication and mindsets

Put your mind that you ain't doing and you won't do it
You'll even go to those bet shops and won't play nada
Na mind boss
Re: I Am On House Arrest by Starz825(m): 2:16pm On Nov 13, 2022
This guy eehn
I Sha hope this your experiences are not true

1 Like

Re: I Am On House Arrest by Illegal1(m): 2:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
Addiction nah ur mate?

my guy...let me tell u,if u lyk lock urslf up 4 one yr,u will surly cum out one day,and u shall go bk to that tin u runing frm unless u made up ur mind to quit 4ever...

i was once in ur shoe

1 Like

Re: I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

You nailed it, I don't even know how to go about the punting quit of a thing seriously.

I makes me go in and out of depression. Just yesterday night I lost 7k out of my meagre wages paid yesterday. I punt online.

I don't think druggies and womanizers are prone to depression as gamblers, sh!t drains life outta you at each loss.
druggies and womanisers are way better. At least they derive some form of pleasure from their addiction.

Mine is just sorrow. Even if I win 50k today, I will end up losing times two of it the next day.

Yours is even good a little, you are able to lose some and restrain. Me I use my whole effort and lose it all

Self-control is something I don't have. It's better to stop it totally

1 Like

Re: I Am On House Arrest by ChildOfDoom: 2:11pm On Nov 14, 2022
Cold141114:
@ChildOfDoom for the time i knew you bro....you lack dedication and mindsets

Put your mind that you ain't doing and you won't do it
You'll even go to those bet shops and won't play nada
Na mind boss
okay boss. I will keep trying.

Currently 30 days clean. During my free time from office, I do relax there a little, but in the drinks section. No temptation
Re: I Am On House Arrest by InfinityFabric: 3:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
You need better friends who does good and push you to do the same.

2 Likes

Re: I Am On House Arrest by Texcyndy: 12:06pm On Nov 29, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
That you are lucky to escape the web of betting doesn't mean others will. When it comes to betting, there is no rule that can make one escape.
Betting is a trap. When you get caught, it becomes very difficult to get out.

(1) (Reply)

Guys, Can you go to Market If your woman Is tired? / It's 95% Possible Your Best Friend Is Sleeping With Your Girlfriend/boyfriend. / Should I Replaced Her Lost Phone?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.