Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,144 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:14 AM

How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? (607 Views)

How Would You React To This Video As A Father / How Would You React To This If It Happened In Your House? / How Would You React If You Met Brother-In-Law Treating Your Sister Like This? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Fabulouslouie(m): 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2022
So I came across this thread on twitter where a guy was lamenting that the car he gifted a man was sold barely few months after. In his own tweet below

I gifted this man 2010 Toyota Camry, which cost me over N4 million (both buying & shipping), only for me to find out a couple of days ago that he’s sold it out. When I asked him why? he said he’s sorry, but that things were difficult in NGR. I just didn’t know how to react to it.

Some comments were saying he have no business with how the man decides to use the car.

What's you opinion on this Nlers?
Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by lordm(m): 4:37pm On Nov 13, 2022
It's a gift, meaning you have let it go. Let him do as he pleases. Then next time think well before you gift someone something that will not be what they truly needed. Let him bro. That's how it is

7 Likes

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by etrange: 4:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
When you give someone a gift, whatever you gave to them becomes theirs to use however they like. You don't gift people and start monitoring how they use it except your plan is to use the gift to pin down thier loyalty and, therefore, you need the item to be there to constantly remind them they owe you.

The essence of gifts is to bring pleasure physically, emotionally or otherwise. And since we don't usually first ask people what they want, we should at least, leave them to convert the gift to whatever they want. That way, they'd appreciate it even more. Besides, you don't expect a man who has other priorities to be driving a car, fueling it and paying the insurance. Or would you rather your gift became a burden instead of a source of pleasure?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Wawelexy(m): 4:47pm On Nov 13, 2022
Are you expecting someone whose landlord has been disturbing for overdue houserent, or someone who needs money to rescue his/her dieing daughter at the hospital, or someone whose three kids couldn't go to school due to failure to pay their fees to be gallivanting around with a Toyota carry all around... if you ask him why, he would have a lot to tell you.. give and let go please...

4 Likes

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Richy4(m): 4:55pm On Nov 13, 2022
It's just common.. Christmas is fast approaching and lots of people will be selling their unwanted gift items given to them on eBay or gumtree after Christmas.... it's not a big deal..

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Cutehector(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2022
Justified.
Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by missimelda01(f): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2022
I think that before gifting anyone, you should put into consideration their immediate needs because you can’t be giving someone who’s hungry a car.

And if you’re clueless on what to get, here’s what you can do:

1. Ask them stylishly
2. Ask them directly
3. Give them cash

4 Likes

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Mkelv0106(m): 5:46pm On Nov 13, 2022
First of, lemme commend you for gifting the man the car, it's not easy. The thing is that, once you've gift something to someone, and the person has shown you all necessary appreciation, it's assumed, that person is now the owner of it, not you anymore. You're only feeling angry bcus you know the amount you bought the car ( which is justified) , and you're feeling he didn't appreciate it enough that's why he sold it. But, lemme ask you a question, if after you gave him the car, and within a week, he was involved in an accident and the car was totaled, or he parked somewhere and the car was stolen, will you be angry with him for these reasons. You've done a good thing for him already, God bless you for that, don't worry about how he chose to use it.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Fahvvy: 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2022
Omorrr....
It's kinda painful Sha...
When you painstakingly go out of your way to get someone a gift and they sell it or dash it out almost immediately undecided...

I know we're saying "it's not your business what the person use the gift for" and all, but you'll agree with me that there's a certain feeling you get seeing someone rock the gift you gave him/her undecided...

Either ways Sha...
Nothing spoil...
Atleast he will remember that the money he used to solve his problem came from the gift she gave him undecided...
Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by ogawisdom(m): 8:04am On Nov 14, 2022
React Kee

It is now his own to do whatever he wishes.

A car may not be a priority to him now.

He can sell dt liability n acquire an asset

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by wunmi590(m): 8:11am On Nov 14, 2022

Giving or gifting something to sombody doesn't dictate you to tell them how to use it....

You gave me a benz of 20m and I'm living in a rented apartment of 250k per year, so you still expect me to be driving the 20m benz?

I don't do unnecessary big boy, with my example, I will sell it, but first tender my situation to the person that gave me first before going ahead to sell....

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If You Give Someone Gift And They Sold It? by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 14, 2022
Depends on the gift. If it's just any gift without any attached purpose, then the person may use or dispense it however they like.

However, if I gift someone something to be used for a particular important or relevant purpose which is known and agreed to by both of us, of course, I'll be disappointed if they used or dispensed it in another way.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You In Every Way But His Mother Diddn' / Don't Tell Me This Is True...... / Honey Lets Take The Children For DNA Test . Can Just One Woman Boldly Say This ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.