Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,585 members, 7,837,211 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) (42067 Views)

Anti-Buhari Protesters Slap Nigerian Government Official In US (Photos, Video) / Nofisat Ayinke Akinsanya Graduates With A Degree In Nursing In US (Photos) / Osaretin Igbinedion Dies In Car Accident In The US (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by turawaa(m): 10:59am On Nov 14, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

We know there are holidays and leaves.
Are they fulfilling their Campaign promises as expected.
Are they creating enabling environment for their states for investment, security of life’s and property and IGR.

You can’t judge him based on his visitation to his daughter….
Do you even him before been a governor?

His daughter have been there before becoming a governor, so his holiday abroad doesn’t have anything to do with his political or governor.

Will you abandon your family on their special occasion because you are a governor

He is a father and a governor

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by turawaa(m): 11:06am On Nov 14, 2022
kingslj:

public service ethics dont promote such

Are you saying I can’t travel to visit family during Holiday or Leave from Work
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by sunboy(m): 11:07am On Nov 14, 2022
Antyislam:
Nice one, but We Yoruba Christian's will never vote for Muslim Muslim ticket, we are not fools

First, You are not Yoruba.
2nd, no such thing as Yoruba Muslim/Yoruba Christian. We are not as religious divided like your tribe.

Enough of this ethnic crap.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by spirul77: 11:09am On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

My friend, will you stop this show of crass ignorance. Makinde was a wealthy business man before office.

Do 50 seconds of research before talking ignorant garbage.
how old are you abeg? haha, please have you seen a poor man contesting for governor in nigeria before? were tinubu, obaseki not succesful in their various fields before becoming governors yet they are some of the biggest thieves nigeria has ever seen.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by MT: 11:12am On Nov 14, 2022
turawaa:

You can’t judge him based on his visitation to his daughter….
Do you even him before been a governor?

His daughter have been there before becoming a governor, so his holiday abroad doesn’t have anything to do with his political or governor.

Will you abandon your family on their special occasion because you are a governor

He is a father and a governor

Don't defend what is not defensible. Being a Governor is a public service work. If you need leave, you take proper leave by following the official procedure to hand over power to your deputy. Was that done in this case? No.

If you do this in any office, you will be given a query for abscondment. Being a Governor doesnt situate you above our laws but where are the enforcers of the laws - sleeping.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 11:15am On Nov 14, 2022
MT:

I laugh when you people talk about being a "billionaire". All governors in Nigeria blow up their financial status in order to accommodate their loots after office.

You guys should chill with this idiocy na. Why are you talking like people afflicted with incurable poverty mentality?

My friends and associates that have self-sponsored themselves abroad this year, with post grad visas, would be no less than 15.

It is an insult to suggest the daughter of a businessman Governor will be sponsored to study abroad with Oyo money. Get real.

Infantile talk from I'll-exposed and poverty mentality people is all I see.

My friends who hustled and sold everything to self-sponsor post grad visas are doing well with brighter prospects now.

Yet you are here suggesting the circa 20 million Naira total package, including like first six months accommodation, is something Makinde has to steal from Oyo coffers. What kind of unexposed and unambitious lives are some of you living?
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by toxtimmy: 11:16am On Nov 14, 2022
It does not matter if he is wealthy or poor... What matter is he is a governor of a state and that comes with unwritten responsibilities.

As an example he should not go overseas for a marathon race when his sports ministry can organise same marathon or even get local businesses to organize marathons for himself and his citizens to run.

Next time think before you type.

Dsalvo:

My friend, will you stop this show of crass ignorance. Makinde was a wealthy business man before office.

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by spirul77: 11:20am On Nov 14, 2022
Eluala:

Please stop spreading fake news. DO you about MAKON ENGINEERING? Seyi would probably lose money by serving in government, if you knew the level his firm operates at in the oil and gas industry.
which kind children be all these ones sef?
you say seyi will even lose money as a governor shocked shocked shocked undecided
can the said MAKON accrue what a common local govt chairman steals in nigeria?
is seyi half as rich rochas okorocha, lucky igbinedion, godwin obaseki, tinubu, oshiomhole, ibrahim bagudu etc before they became governors in their respective states and yet they loot like say tomorrow no dey.

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by MT: 11:26am On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

You guys should chill with this idiocy na. Why are you talking like people afflicted with incurable poverty mentality?

My friends and associates that have self-sponsored themselves abroad this year, with post grad visas, would be no less than 15.

It is an insult to suggest the daughter of a businessman Governor will be sponsored to study abroad with Oyo money. Get real.

Infantile talk from I'll-exposed and poverty mentality people is all I see.

My friends who hustled and sold everything to self-sponsor post grad visas are doing well with brighter prospects now.

Yet you are here suggesting the circa 20 million Naira total package, including like first six months accommodation, is something Makinde has to steal from Oyo coffers. What kind of unexposed and unambitious lives are some of you living?

You are sounding like a broken record, and showcasing your shallow exposure in a public place. You did not even read the trail of the discourse, you just jumped on it like a monkey infected with rabies.

I was pointing out to people here that all these wealth being declared by all governors in Nigeria are artificial. They blow it up to accommodate their loot after their term ends. It is what they all do.

And who says being a "rich" Governor stops you from stealing from the state. That's what they do. They stop spending their own money for anything once they become governor. They even steal a lot from the state, which explains why we are in the state we are. Their appetite to steal is insatiable,

You are talking about your friends sponsoring themselves, how many people really have the proof of fund required to process the UK visa. Most people rent the bank account. That is a public knowledge.

Not everybody will lick butt of politician. I don't care if your livelihood depends on Apc, pdp or labour, they are all chipped from the same rock and some of us don't need to be associated with politics before we make it in life. So, stop being emotional and holding a brief for a Governor who is not bothered if you live or die.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 14, 2022
sonature1:
Governor Seyi Makinde is probably the most handsome governor in this administration.

do u.knw u re d most stupid person I've ever met in dis forum

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2022
spirul77:
how old are you abeg? haha, please have you seen a poor man contesting for governor in nigeria before? were tinubu, obaseki not succesful in their various fields before becoming governors yet they are some of the biggest thieves nigeria has ever seen.

Look , I am not defending Governors or saying they don't steal. My objection was to the comment of a poster that "his is where Oyo state loots are spent".

There is achievable successful lives out there, for ambitious people and winners, beyond the thinking of losers who console themselves others are 'advantaged' with politics money to validate their own failure and lack of ambition.

Nigerians are self-sponsoring post-grad visas to the UK with dependants to the extent the UK home secretary now wants to change the rules because of Nigerians mainly.

32k visa issues to Nigerians for post grad study and they bring like 31k dependants.

China, over a 100k post grad visa issued in the same period but less than 1k dependants.

Nigerians, by far, bring in the most dependents per visas allocated!!!!

Reason it. Ordinary Nigerians will hustle and pay for the chance of a better life for themselves and their loved ones. Nigerians are ambitious and hunger for a good life like that. It is our culture.

It is therefore an insult on our reality for anyone, unless failures incurably afflicted with loser mentality, to post what is shown below in relation to a Nigerian businessman governor who entered office rich.

If Makinde was not governor his daughter would still be schooling abroad. She may have even been born there and in the education system before her dad became governor.

We should raise the intellectual bar of our discussions. Not everything has to be about crass idiocy just because it involves someone we don't support politically.

The poster who submitted the post below is an Obi fan. Did Obi's kids not school abroad and are they not living there now? We should assume they were sponsored with Anambra money? This is bullsh1t idiocy that demean us. Simple.

OVB123:
This is where Oyo state loots are spent. Hmmm! Nigeria politicians are thesame.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Tbaba001: 11:36am On Nov 14, 2022
agabaI23:
You will be surprised how many of them that come to Africa for vacation. They may not be coming to Nigeria because of safety issues.

They MIGHT but surely not as frequent as your country's political office holders

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Tbaba001: 11:38am On Nov 14, 2022
sonature1:

Stop comparing Africa to any part of the world because ours is a shitty continent.

People go to places where they see amazing things they haven't seen before, not where widespread poverty will keep pricking their conscience.

If this politicians start investing these monies into infrastructures, and other essential rather than running abroad, we definitely won't be so backwards....
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by OVB123: 11:43am On Nov 14, 2022
Raph82:
That man has been stinkingly rich before becoming a governor, he's a well-known billionaire with multinational companies home & abroad before politics. Though no politician can be trusted in Nigeria, but I think the guy is still fair.
Do not worry, second term in office will show the through colour of Gov. Seyi Makinde. Just sit down and watch.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by MT: 11:44am On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

Look , I am not defending Governors or saying they don't steal. My objection was to the comment of a poster that "this is where Oyo's money is going".

There is achievable successful lives out there, for ambitious people and winners, beyond the thinking of losers who console themselves others are 'advantaged' with politics money to validate their own failure and lack of ambition.

Nigerians are self-sponsoring post-grad visas to the UK with dependants to the extent the UK home secretary now wants to change the rules because of Nigerians mainly.

32k visa issues to Nigerians for post grad study and they bring like 31k dependants.

China, over a 100k post grad visa issued in the same period but less than 1k dependants.

Reason it. Ordinary Nigerians will hustle and pay for the chance of a better life for themselves and their loved ones. Nigerians are ambitious and hunger for a good life like that. It is our culture.

It is therefore an insult on our reality for anyone, unless failures incurably afflicted with loser mentality, to say what is shown below in relation to a Nigerian businessman governor who entered office rich.

If Makinde was not governor his daughter would still be schooling abroad. She may have even been born there and in the education system before her dad became governor.

We should raise the intellectual bar of our discussions. Not everything has to be about crass idiocy just because it involves someone we don't support politically.

The poster who submitted the post below is an Obi fan. Did Obi's kids not school abroad and are they not living there now? We should assume they were sponsored with Anambra money? This is bullsh1t idiocy that demean us. Simple.

Many of you just talk and upend discourse.

All of you have been touting this UK student visa with their dependants as a reference. Well, Suella Braverman, the new home secretary, was trying to stop the exodus because it was riddled with fraud. Nigeria is the only country where the number of students and dependants are almost the same. That was the reason why it is being considered to be stopped.

Most people are going to UK on student visa not really to school but to immigrate which is not what student visa is meant for. After paying the initial deposit, they write the school throwing up excuses for the other installments. If you have access to UK, you will witness this real life. Some of them have dropped out, Home Office has advised some to leave the UK while people thinking they can work more than 20 hours per week are being asked to leave the UK now. Go to the UK now, it is a mess.

Nigeria will be better if irrespective of your political affiliation, you can say the truth. The way they govern in Nigeria, if they do it in any of the civilised nation, most of them will be in jail. They are stealing from you and you are still defending them. I am not referencing Seyi Makinde alone, I am referring to all of them - either PDP, APC or LP Governors. Thats what they do, stop holding brief for them!
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 11:46am On Nov 14, 2022
MT:

You are sounding like a broken record, and showcasing your shallow exposure in a public place. You did not even read the trail of the discourse, you just jumped on it like a monkey infected with rabies.

I was pointing out to people here that all these wealth being declared by all governors in Nigeria are artificial. They blow it up to accommodate their loot after their term ends. It is what they all do.

And who says being a "rich" Governor stops you from stealing from the state. That's what they do. They stop spending their own money for anything once they become governor. They even steal a lot from the state, which explains why we are in the state we are. Their appetite to steal is insatiable,

You are talking about your friends sponsoring themselves, how many people really have the proof of fund required to process the UK visa. Most people rent the bank account. That is a public knowledge.

Not everybody will lick butt of politician. I don't care if your livelihood depends on Apc, pdp or labour, they are all chipped from the same rock and some of us don't need to be associated with politics before we make it in life. So, stop being emotional and holding a brief for a Governor who is not bothered if you live or die.

You're a typical Nigerian. An annoying know-it-all, ignoramus and empty basket. Below is the thread I responded on. Comment on whether the poster is right or an ignorant doofus but don't quote me again.

I can't stand you poverty mentality Nigerians always thinking the worst of those who are wealthy to feel good about your pathetic lives rather than do something to change it for the better.

OVB123:
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by spirul77: 11:48am On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

Look , I am not defending Governors or saying they don't steal. My objection was to the comment of a poster that "his is where Oyo state loots are spent".

Nigerians, by far, bring in the most dependents per visas allocated!!!!

It is therefore an insult on our reality for anyone, unless failures incurably afflicted with loser mentality, to post what is shown below in relation to a Nigerian businessman governor who entered office rich.

i get your point and its reasonable to some extent.
i am sorry if i used the wrong words on you.
but abeg try never to defend any nigerian politician in public, they are all thieves.
peace bro.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by DavSagacity(m): 11:58am On Nov 14, 2022
Shey person wey dey run away from Debate na him u want make e go run Marathon...??

Ul want to kill Person papa . Is it for Eba for Agbado, dodo and beans. ??
Zonefree:
Tinubu should run Quarter marathon with daughter Iyaloja, I want to check something.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by brandsoncharlie: 12:08pm On Nov 14, 2022
occfx:

LOL, very soon you guys will experience the real igbos. MNK, Peter Obi and the real indigenous igbos. I know you guys are enjoying the efulefus the cabals made governors but that time is passing by as you can see. The hatred you have for igbos is not ordinary, wise people are envied all over the world.
I don't hate igbos, they claim they're not Nigerians but Biafrans
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by pikechukwu6(m): 12:13pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tinubu supposed join grin grin
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by AdeniyiA(m): 12:15pm On Nov 14, 2022
OVB123:

How old are you again? undecided
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by agabaI23(m): 12:20pm On Nov 14, 2022
Tbaba001:

They MIGHT but surely not as frequent as your country's political office holders
They go on vacation often. That they do not come to Nigeria is a matter of safety. Vacation is actually a necessity not a luxury. And most of the time, they leave their location to another country. I am referring to people who are not even politicians
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by INCREDIBLE007(m): 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
OVB123:

And where did you got your findings from

Mr GSM was rich before he became governor
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by MT: 12:24pm On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

You're a typical Nigerian. An annoying know-it-all, ignoramus and empty basket. Below is the thread I responded on. Comment on whether the poster is right or an ignorant doofus but don't quote me again.

I can't stand you poverty mentality Nigerians always thinking the worst of those who are wealthy to feel good about your pathetic lives rather than do something to change it for the better.

Next time be clear-eyed to quote the right person. Why did you have to quote me when you were referring to another person's post. You brought the mystery upon yourself.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Oyindamsax(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2022
Yankee101:
Why is she not enjoying ASUU strike in nigeria too?

Imagine your comment, even if his children schools here it has nothing to do, only if those kids didn't disclose there identity for security purposes.

No one will likes to even school in Nigeria including you grin, so what are you pointing out about this?
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Nov 14, 2022
spirul77:
i get your point and its reasonable to some extent.
i am sorry if i used the wrong words on you.
but abeg try never to defend any nigerian politician in public, they are all thieves.
peace bro.

Bro, I am not even a fan of Makinde. Check my past post to see I think he has underperformed administratively. The only point I am. Making is that most of us, within reason, can and do hustle the money to send our kids for better education, better opportunities and better lives.

It is pathetic of that poster to say that is where Oyo's money is going. We take politics of enmity too far in Nigeria to the extent of totally losing objectivity and a grasp on the realities.

I am speaking in Defence of what is right and not Makinde per se. Any of us could be legit and in his position tomorrow only for an unthinking lynch mob, who judge, convict and sentence every politician, to come for us.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 14, 2022
MT:

Next time be clear-eyed to quote the right person. Why did you have to quote me when you were referring to another person's post. You brought the mystery upon yourself.

Get lost.

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by sonofElElyon: 1:01pm On Nov 14, 2022
OVB123:

He was very rich before contesting
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by aestake: 1:10pm On Nov 14, 2022
Dsalvo:

Hahahaha
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by aestake: 1:12pm On Nov 14, 2022
MT:

His children should be in Nigeria.
Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by kingslj: 1:18pm On Nov 14, 2022
turawaa:

Are you saying I can’t travel to visit family during Holiday or Leave from Work

A you a public office holder? What do you understand by ethics.

How many European govs come to Nigeria for such?
Do support govs sending their children abroad for schooling while ASUU is on strike and taking picture just to laugh at us?

1 Like

Re: Governor Makinde Runs Half Marathon With Daughter In US (Photos) by Paulpak34(m): 2:02pm On Nov 14, 2022
They don't even recognize him as governor there.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Won My Election Clean And Clear – Mark Reacts / Genral Leo Irabor Orders 50 Generals To Resign / Graphic Pictures From Jos Bomb Blast Yesterday- Viewers Discretion Is Adviced

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.