Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,357 members, 7,815,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Beware Of Moneytree Loan App - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Beware Of Moneytree Loan App (10997 Views)

Beware Of This Loan App ( 9ja Cash )...... I Just Fall A Victim Of Thier Scams. / Lcredit Loan App Removed From Playstore By Google / Which Loan App Is The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by fyneguy: 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2022
There is a gimmick some of these loan apps now use to swindle hapless members of the public. Moneytree just played a fast one on me today..

I received a call from their staff that they noticed I had a good credit rating and would like to offer me a loan of N50k for 30 days, to pay back 60k.

He sent me the details on WhatsApp. I registered on their app, but noticed the offer was N13k for 7 days, to pay back 20k. I complained to the guy, who said he would do the internal upgrade to N50k once I applied. He assured me. I followed his advice, but to my dismay, I received N13k alert.

He later told me the upgrade driver was down and they would fix it within an hour. He kept postponing. When I asked to refund the loan, he issued a threat that I would still have to pay the interest.

This is how they deceive many into taking their exploitative loans.

Don't fall for it.

I am disappointed in the Central Bank, and Sterling Bank (their settlement bank) for allowing these scammers exploit people

Admin should please push to the front page, to save others..

4 Likes

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by SonofLothbrok: 6:31pm On Nov 14, 2022
Eat the money and don't pay back grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by oladapo2017(m): 2:17pm On Dec 27, 2022
I also experienced same today��
Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by BrigadiarZareta(m): 2:06pm On Jan 29, 2023
Abeg share the number of the person, let's show him vawulence
Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by jmichael259(m): 2:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Paste the link let us check something on their loan.
Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by Skeelzz(m): 8:11am On Feb 11, 2023
Lol what desperation does to a man.... This shit just happened to me. Mine was a lady, immediately i clicked apply she just stopped responding and blocked me on Whatsapp.i later received 13k alert with 20k outstanding payment in 7 days. You could clearly see were i told her to cancel that disbursement and she said i should jst calm down.

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by LadyKarma1: 10:15am On Mar 24, 2023
please guys I need serious HELP!!!. I fell victim of this. I actually paid the 20k but i was a day late. they have been disturbing me to pay additional interest of 7k which is totally wrong and not acceptable. please I need help cuz they have been sending messages to all my contacts and they are threateng my life and that of my family.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by shawante(m): 2:41pm On Mar 31, 2023
LadyKarma1:
please guys I need serious HELP!!!. I fell victim of this. I actually paid the 20k but i was a day late. they have been disturbing me to pay additional interest of 7k which is totally wrong and not acceptable. please I need help cuz they have been sending messages to all my contacts and they are threateng my life and that of my family.
Lol.. Calm down, they won't do anything.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by lavylilly: 10:15am On Apr 01, 2023
fyneguy:
There is a gimmick some of these loan apps now use to swindle hapless members of the public. Moneytree just played a fast one on me today..

I received a call from their staff that they noticed I had a good credit rating and would like to offer me a loan of N50k for 30 days, to pay back 60k.

He sent me the details on WhatsApp. I registered on their app, but noticed the offer was N13k for 7 days, to pay back 20k. I complained to the guy, who said he would do the internal upgrade to N50k once I applied. He assured me. I followed his advice, but to my dismay, I received N13k alert.

He later told me the upgrade driver was down and they would fix it within an hour. He kept postponing. When I asked to refund the loan, he issued a threat that I would still have to pay the interest.

This is how they deceive many into taking their exploitative loans.

Don't fall for it.

I am disappointed in the Central Bank, and Sterling Bank (their settlement bank) for allowing these scammers exploit people

Admin should please push to the front page, to save others..
Na you fall mugu

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by lavylilly: 10:16am On Apr 01, 2023
LadyKarma1:
ignore them

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Moneytree Loan App by GreyDoubleEX(m): 9:21pm On Mar 17
Pls can we do something about these people, I'm ready to deal with them

(1) (Reply)

What Investors Want To See In Your Business Plan / Dangote Flour To Float Shares At N15 Per Share / Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.