Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter (1999 Views)

Soludo: I Will Sort Out My Differences With Obi Soon / Soludo: I Became A Professor In My 30s, Achieved Everything I Wanted In My 30s / Soludo: I Was Asked To Reject Buhari’s Appointment ‘because There’s No Money’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by obaaderemi: 8:07am On Nov 15, 2022
KEVIND:

It happened to Obasanjo, it also happened to Jonathan. Other tribes fought & make sure they became President except for their own people,so its not peculiar to the Igbos or Obi. I know the Igbos have their own selfish & peculiar problems.

The only people that're United perfectly well in Nigeria are the Fulanis not even the Hausas.
If you think the Igbos are not United, just take a study you'll know that Hausas are the most hit.
Pls don't tell me Hausa & Fulani are the same cos they're not.
Despite their numerical strength, Fulani are still ruling over them both in Politics, Religion & their traditional institutions.
It happened to Obasanjo in the first election because he was up against falaye a fellow Yoruba son. In the second election all Yoruba queued behind him, even AD advised their supporters to vote Obasanjo.

The igbos are a different case in this matter.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by thesolutions(m): 8:17am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:
I am not an Igbo man but as a South South man I always feel IGBOS are my immediate brothers. I felt the Injustice mated to them in the Nigeria Federation. I have been supporting any move for Igbo presidency. I am convinced that no Igbo man that will govern Nigeria will be worst than Buhari.
But it is very difficult to be supporting a tribe that always fight against themselves. During the PDP primary election many IGBOS contested but non step down for his brother, Same thing in APC. As distinct as South South are they are more United than Iigbos. Why must an Igbo man always be available to pull down his own brother. The governor of Oyo state is in PDP but encourage Yorubas to vote Tinubu for president. Even Afenefere leader that endors Obi did not speak rubbish against Tinubu just as many IGBOS had endorsed Tinubu.

Why IGBOS always want to pull their brother down.
Well, I think I have given up on Igbo matters. Let them settle their home first before we outsiders will take them serious
It is not what you think. People act the way they act either to gain favour, wealth or to cover up a bad secret that another person has against them. While it is true that humans in general tend to compete against people they think or feel they are better than for a position of power, many others are coerced int that contest by people who they see as superior to themselves not knowing the implication of that very act.

While it is still true that many Igbos are coveting Obis position in today's politics, many of them opposing him are not doing so because they want to pull him down but because there is someone they owe debt of allegiance to that will want them to take a public stance for them or forfeit their benefit of allegiance.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by colestephan86: 9:05am On Nov 15, 2022
LordLugard1:
I am not an Igbo man but as a South South man I always feel IGBOS are my immediate brothers. I felt the Injustice mated to them in the Nigeria Federation. I have been supporting any move for Igbo presidency. I am convinced that no Igbo man that will govern Nigeria will be worst than Buhari.
But it is very difficult to be supporting a tribe that always fight against themselves. During the PDP primary election many IGBOS contested but non step down for his brother, Same thing in APC. As distinct as South South are they are more United than Iigbos. Why must an Igbo man always be available to pull down his own brother. The governor of Oyo state is in PDP but encourage Yorubas to vote Tinubu for president. Even Afenefere leader that endors Obi did not speak rubbish against Tinubu just as many IGBOS had endorsed Tinubu.

Why IGBOS always want to pull their brother down.
Well, I think I have given up on Igbo matters. Let them settle their home first before we outsiders will take them serious
Hmm. The only problem pulling iigbis back is the idea of " I get money , you no fit oppress me"
They do not have any respect for themselves..
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 9:14am On Nov 15, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Come to Lagos, I’m not a Yoruba neither am i Tinubu cronies, but we are all enjoying his legacies in Lagos. So stop typing rubbish. People who don’t know Tinubu are also making it big time in lagos
I’m talking about Buhari. Since he has been ruling how did Igbos lose. Just the way you enjoy Lagos, many are enjoying Anambra. There are many yorubas here who are absolutely doing well too. Many of contemporaries (we grew up in late 90s) are doing well. Owns one or two businesses. There are also some who yet to find their feet. The same is true in Lagos.
I definitely do not know the special thing you enjoy in Lagos; is it constant electricity, lots of jobs, free education, good roads and smooth traffic). As far as I know it is only few of you that live in lekki. Others are stuck in mainland, which is no different from other states.
Here I live in a comfortable 2 bedroom apartment because it is affordable. But go to Lagos and see where most you live like refugees
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 9:19am On Nov 15, 2022
Komu1048:

Soon, u will know. Today SE is the most erosion ravaged area in Nigeria, infrastructure is low there. Nobody is talking about food here, ofcus that will reach everybody but how about federal presence
Southeast erosion. Erosion in southeast is only prevalent in Anambra. Enugu, for example, doesn’t have a single erosion. And it didn’t start today. It has nothing to do with our voting pattern, just the way flooding is endemic in Lagos.
You are in Lagos but I can bet you that most of your mate in Anambra are economically way off than you. I think I should stop arguing with you lot

1 Like

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 9:21am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
LOl

When you know igbo kids won't suffer why are you guys then building a castle on the air?

Why are you guys dreaming of what it's impossible even in the next world?
I don’t even know what you are talking about.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by 2elliot: 9:25am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
I am not igbo either but my sister married an igbo man and my close circle are igbos

I was told by these few igbos surrounded by me that igbos don't like themselves

These set of people aren't even gonna vote because they know presently an igbo man cannot be Nigeria president

If igbo will ever produce president in Nigeria then it would be someone else but not in the next 10-20 years.

Sadly, prof Soludo also reiterated that on his letter about igbos

I don't believe igbos are hostile and not accommodating

I only know that once they noticed or believe their own person cannot have what they want, they'd go out of their way to crucify the likely candidate to have it. Though they always lose out of everything at the end

They did it to Buhari, they're currently doing it to Tinubu
Mumu.

1 Like

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Komu1048(m): 9:40am On Nov 15, 2022
MyFlair:

Southeast erosion. Erosion in southeast is only prevalent in Anambra. Enugu, for example, doesn’t have a single erosion. And it didn’t start today. It has nothing to do with our voting pattern, just the way flooding is endemic in Lagos.
You are in Lagos but I can bet you that most of your mate in Anambra are economically way off than you. I think I should stop arguing with you lot

Shutup as if I don’t know anambra. I stayed in Akwa for 5 good years bro. And about my mates in Akwa, that’s not a new thing. But can dey also go out on Monday like I do?
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by XerXers: 9:50am On Nov 15, 2022
Yorubas establishmebt fought against Obasanjo yet Nigerians stood by him. Any candidate that enjoy tribal support from the political establishment is not good for Nigeria
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by XerXers: 9:51am On Nov 15, 2022
Komu1048:

Shutup as if I don’t know anambra. I stayed in Akwa for 5 good years bro. And about my mates in Akwa, that’s not a new thing. But can dey also go out on Monday like I do?
Can people in Katsina go to farm throughout the week? Mumu people full this country

1 Like

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by XerXers: 9:56am On Nov 15, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
LOl

When you know igbo kids won't suffer why are you guys then building a castle on the air?

Why are you guys dreaming of what it's impossible even in the next world?
No igboman rely on producing Igbo president to thrive. In every election everybody chose who he considers the best. You weaker minds chose who you think would win just to feel good being on a winning side

1 Like

Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by CSTRR: 10:04am On Nov 15, 2022
You are not the only one.

The presidency is far from them.

They are crabs in a barrel.

And to think okowa is from the next village after mine, yet I chose to support Peter obi for the greater good, yet even his own people are pulling him down.

Make I kuku focus on my town person.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:13am On Nov 15, 2022
MyFlair:

I’m talking about Buhari. Since he has been ruling how did Igbos lose. Just the way you enjoy Lagos, many are enjoying Anambra. There are many yorubas here who are absolutely doing well too. Many of contemporaries (we grew up in late 90s) are doing well. Owns one or two businesses. There are also some who yet to find their feet. The same is true in Lagos.
I definitely do not know the special thing you enjoy in Lagos; is it constant electricity, lots of jobs, free education, good roads and smooth traffic). As far as I know it is only few of you that live in lekki. Others are stuck in mainland, which is no different from other states.
Here I live in a comfortable 2 bedroom apartment because it is affordable. But go to Lagos and see where most you live like refugees
Your post has all the telltale signs of a man who has never travelled outside the shores of his village.
I enjoy almost 24hrs power supply in my area without exaggeration. Since April I got to my new area the fuel I’ve bought in my generator is not more than 5k.
Talk about jobs; Lagos state has about 35% to 40% of the total population of Nigeria. And people are still flocking into Lagos everyday in hundreds of thousands. The insecurity and economic crisis ravaging the SE and the Northern Nigeria has triggered massive migration of the people of those regions to Lagos. Lagos is now a refugee camp to indigenes of other states.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2022
maestroferddi:
if you think I would waste my time and energy dwelling on the load of crap you asserted up there, then you are to be pitied...

What was the IGR of Lagos and what was that of Anambra?

Even a donkey will excel if asked to superintend over the humongous wealth of Lagos...
Obi was a disaster as governor. Anambra is a state that has the potential to contend with states like Ogun, Kaduna and Rivers intern of revenue generation. Even my small state was able to increase revenue generation before the current disaster of a governor happened to the people of my state.
Re: Soludo - I Have Given Up On Igbos Matter by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 15, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Your post has all the telltale signs of a man who has never travelled outside the shores of his village.
I enjoy almost 24hrs power supply in my area without exaggeration. Since April I got to my new area the fuel I’ve bought in my generator is not more than 5k.
Talk about jobs; Lagos state has about 35% to 40% of the total population of Nigeria. And people are still flocking into Lagos everyday in hundreds of thousands. The insecurity and economic crisis ravaging the SE and the Northern Nigeria has triggered massive migration of the people of those regions to Lagos. Lagos is now a refugee camp to indigenes of other states.
Likewise you; you haven’t traveled out of Lagos since you were born. Igbos who travel to Lagos are not going there to seek employment but to do business. The way you see them in Lagos is the way they are in Abuja , Akwaibom , benue and other states of the country. And they have to move to those places because the indigenes of those states are into trading. If yorubas are as resilient in trading like the Igbos you won’t see many Igbos in Lagos. This is a fact. Life in Anambra is more enjoyable than Lagos

I have been to Lagos more than six times this year as I do business with ladipo auto parts people. So, I know all the records, Lagos don’t have more light than Anambra this is not a topic for debate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

He Secretly Told People Why Tinubu Will Never Be President / Why Did Tinubu Personally Visit Tony Elumelu? / FG Increases Custom Rates For Clearing Agents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.