Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,385 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:00 PM

Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? (5500 Views)

Why Are You Not Making Money Online? Share Your Challenges / You Deserve To Be Happy Despite Your Challenges / Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Gobengroup(m): 9:26pm On May 06, 2023
evb2000:

Yes o. He is my biological Papa o. No worry, i go carry your mentality enter Canada. I honestly don't know why you are so pained.
I've been an avid reader of your diary, also a struggling Amazon author. cry
Pls I want to ask you few questions.

Do you enroll your books on kdp select, especially the books that gave you most sales
And pls how do you research profitable keywords or do you use publisher rocket?.

Pls I need help on this 🤲
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:04pm On May 06, 2023
Gobengroup:

I've been an avid reader of your diary, also a struggling Amazon author. cry
Pls I want to ask you few questions.

Do you enroll your books on kdp select, especially the books that gave you most sales
And pls how do you research profitable keywords or do you use publisher rocket?.

Pls I need help on this 🤲

I don't enroll on select, this enables me to publish wide.
For profitable keywords, i use publisher rocket and amazon search bar.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by ThaThinka: 12:26pm On May 07, 2023
ThaThinka:

Please could you advise on what I can do about a small issue I am currently having?

I sold a few puzzle books (less than 20), especially after running ads. The estimated royalty for each sale is less than $1 because these are paperbacks and I wanted to use them to test the waters.

But I just found that Amazon sends the royalties separately after receiving $0.8 days ago - I thought they would be accumulated! The entire money was taken by Payoneer as fee (0 credit) because $1 is normally charged for payments received into the account. It looks like future royalties will go the same way.

I have contacted Amazon and was made to understand nothing can be done about it. I can't even delete the bank account or use a different payment method!

Do you have any tweak or idea I can exploit?

The money isn't significant, but I don't just feel happy watching my money being given entirely to a company that knows nothing about it.

Evb2000, no comment on this?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by alakara(m): 1:32pm On May 07, 2023
How do you get the contents that you use.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 10:32am On May 09, 2023
Hello! @ evb2000

I have been freelancing for a while and I'm getting tired of it. Especially with threats from AI's like GPT.

Hence, I look to venture into KDP.

My biggest question is?

Will organic sales do the magic or do I have to promote my books? Also, if I should promote my books, how do I go about it?

Thank you
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:59am On May 09, 2023
dreamxhaser:
Hello! @ evb2000

I have been freelancing for a while and I'm getting tired of it. Especially with threats from AI's like GPT.

Hence, I look to venture into KDP.

My biggest question is?

Will organic sales do the magic or do I have to promote my books? Also, if I should promote my books, how do I go about it?

Thank you

These days, promotion is key. Organic sales won't get you to a comfortable income on time.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 11:10am On May 09, 2023
evb2000:

These days, promotion is key. Organic sales won't get you to a comfortable income on time.

Thanks

Do you have any tip on how and where to promote my books?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 11:39am On May 09, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Thanks

Do you have any tip on how and where to promote my books?

On amazon its self. (AMS Ads).
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 11:42am On May 09, 2023
evb2000:

On amazon its self. (AMS Ads).

Okay thanks

Going through this thread. I noticed you mentioned something about manual promotion.

Hence, is the manual promotion done on amazon too?

Sorry for the questions
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 3:55pm On May 09, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Okay thanks

Going through this thread. I noticed you mentioned something about manual promotion.

Hence, is the manual promotion done on amazon too?

Sorry for the questions

Yes
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Pennywise2: 4:55pm On May 09, 2023
evb2000:

Yes
where else can you publish the book apart from kdp Amazon
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 1:30pm On May 10, 2023
evb2000:

Yes

Okay thanks
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Krak(m): 3:00pm On May 10, 2023
evb2000:

Can you give a general idea of your niche? You don't have to tell us exactly, just the general category?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Onlinebar: 2:10am On May 14, 2023
My question is how can you I write the content of the book as I'm not a gifted writer......like you finish doing keyword research, how do you get the ideas and content for that book title
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 9:21am On Jun 23, 2023
evb2000:

Yes

Hello!

I have been following your dairy and i have a question. Which is...

Is it possible to write 10k words in a day. Have you ach3ved such feet before?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by KingOroro1(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2023
evb2000:
This trend is for those who genuinely went into kdp to write and publish their intellectual works and are finding it difficult to scale. It is not for those who purchased those fake courses flying around on facebook and twitter and want to hammer overnight.

I have been writing and publishing on amazon for a while have been getting so much mentions, and emails from followers of my japa diary. I have decided to dedicate one week to answer some questions. Just one week, so you can drop your questions.

No one should DM me, i won't respond. So, now is the time to ask your questions.

Good day sir, I have been an ardent follower of your diary, it was really inspirational. I was very impressed with how disciplined you were in setting goals for yourself and accomplishing it at the exact time.

Congratulations sir, I am hoping to also start my own KDP journey after I have perfected my writing skill so hopefully I can carve a niche for myself and japa grin . Nigeria is really not a place to be right now.

Please sir, I am really sorry for this, but I really need a little assistance from you. I have closeup my shop because I could no longer cope with the susidy removal. Since then, things have very difficult for me. I have barely eaten today.

Sir, I'd be very grateful if you can help me with as little as 1k so I could eat tonight. Please sir.

8165576381 opay, I am Samson by name sir. God bless you sir.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by SuperOnyi: 7:45pm On Jul 21, 2023
shocked

Congratulations @Evb2000, I'm so proud of you grin ! I feel inspired, encouraged and hopeful — thank you for your diary thread and please, don't deactivate. I go back to your thread to gain motivation because I strongly believe in this biz.

1. Please how do you conduct keywords research without using any paid software? I also bought a course but I'm hoping to learn from you.

2. Do you advise I write my book as a series — that is, the first book explaining everything about the topic and the rest focusing on things related to it? It's nonfiction...

3. How long did your first book take you? Did you focus on one niche at first?

4. I lost my book when my hard disk crashed and currently writing another one, how kept you motivated when you started at first except for your Japa plan?

I don't wanna disturb you with too much questions, I wish you the best of the best and please, keep us updated.

Thank you.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by tundebasic(m): 7:28am On Jul 22, 2023
Hi @Evb2000,
I check your KDP diary from time to time and I am greatly inspired.
Congratulations on your feat.

Since you said we can ask questions even about japa. These are my questions:

1. For writing, do you use a software/AI to craft your piece? If so, which would you recommend?

2a. Did you use an agent for your travel plans or it was DIY? If you used an agent, maybe you can recommend. I understand you are not an agent. Just a referral will do.

2b. But if you DIY. Can you kindly state the steps/methods you used to compile your documents? From IELTS, to travel history, business registration, to land ownership? This will be of tremendous help.

Yours,
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Passionet: 8:40am On Jul 22, 2023
tundebasic:

1. For writing, do you use a software/AI to craft your piece? If so, which would you recommend?

You can still use chatgpt now but don't use it for non-fiction books as it's hallucinating at the moment. You also have bing chat, just turn to creative mode, and you can use gpt 4, good for non-fiction books as it's connected to the internet and live data. You only need to understand how to prompt. You can search for "prompts for writing a book" or tell bing chat to give you guide. Claude 2 is also very powerful in writing a book. There's also google bard which is free for all now, good for book writing. You only need these tools to guide you in your work and not a total substitute to your intellect.

3 Likes

Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by tundebasic(m): 8:44am On Jul 22, 2023
Passionet:

You can still use chatgpt now but don't use it for non-fiction books as it's hallucinating at the moment. You also have bing chat, just turn to creative mode, and you can use gpt 4, good for non-fiction books as it's connected to the internet and live data. You only need to understand how to prompt. You can search for "prompts for writing a book" or tell bing chat to give you guide. Claude 2 is also very powerful in writing a book. There's also google bard which is free for all now, good for book writing. You only need these tools to guide you in your work and not a total substitute to your intellect.
Thanks.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 1:33pm On Jul 22, 2023
tundebasic:
Hi @Evb2000,
I check your KDP diary from time to time and I am greatly inspired.
Congratulations on your feat.

Since you said we can ask questions even about japa. These are my questions:

2a. Did you use an agent for your travel plans or it was DIY? If you used an agent, maybe you can recommend. I understand you are not an agent. Just a referral will do.

2b. But if you DIY. Can you kindly state the steps/methods you used to compile your documents? From IELTS, to travel history, business registration, to land ownership? This will be of tremendous help.

Yours,

1. I don't use AI for my content. It is a recipe for account termination. But sometimes i use it to craft table of content.

2a. DIY after watching several Youtube videos. Check Shommy michael's video on YT, it helped me alot, especially with compilation of documents and putting them together in clickable format

2b. Check out Olu of Canada's website and click the link to his telegram page. It is a DIY telegram group with so many success stories. By all means, avoid agents, they will mess you up. When you join the telegram page, you will hear horrible stories abt unlicensed agents. If you must used an agent (which i don't recommend), use an IRCC licensed agent.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by tundebasic(m): 9:30pm On Jul 22, 2023
evb2000:

1. I don't use AI for my content. It is a recipe for account termination. But sometimes i use it to craft table of content.

2a. DIY after watching several Youtube videos. Check Shommy michael's video on YT, it helped me alot, especially with compilation of documents and putting them together in clickable format

2b. Check out Olu of Canada's website and click the link to his telegram page. It is a DIY telegram group with so many success stories. By all means, avoid agents, they will mess you up. When you join the telegram page, you will hear horrible stories abt unlicensed agents. If you must used an agent (which i don't recommend), use an IRCC licensed agent.

Thanks man for the reply. Thanks again.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Krak(m): 7:16am On Jul 23, 2023
What's your experience about using D2D and do you put the same books on both D2D and Amazon?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by mercy87(f): 2:03pm On Jul 23, 2023
Congratulations on your journey thus far. Greater heights in Jesus name. What free tool can I use to paraphrase or summarise please?

1 Like

Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by cheehummer(f): 10:02am On Jul 26, 2023
Do you use services like booksprout for organic reviews before publishing?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by Xenry: 3:49pm On Jul 27, 2023
What niche do you write on?
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:24am On Jul 29, 2023
cheehummer:
Do you use services like booksprout for organic reviews before publishing?

No
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2023
Xenry:
What niche do you write on?

All niches except medical and fiction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:26am On Jul 29, 2023
Krak:
What's your experience about using D2D and do you put the same books on both D2D and Amazon?

My experience with them is great. Yes, same book but they are not on "Kindle Select" to enable publish wide.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 10:27am On Jul 29, 2023
tundebasic:

Thanks man for the reply. Thanks again.

You are welcome.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by dreamxhaser: 10:57am On Jul 29, 2023
evb2000:

You are welcome.

Hey

My mom wants to learn Amazon Kdp. She works with the state government under health but you know as naija inflation dey spoil things.

Can I link you up so you will teach her. Please.... I know you don't have much time but, just do It for her. I hate how she's working double shifts.

I want to put mind, but freelancing ain't easy, it's time consuming, I don't have time for myself.
Re: Kdp Publishing Journey, What Are Your Challenges? by evb2000: 11:33am On Jul 29, 2023
dreamxhaser:

Hey

My mom wants to learn Amazon Kdp. She works with the state government under health but you know as naija inflation dey spoil things.

Can I link you up so you will teach her. Please.... I know you don't have much time but, just do It for her. I hate how she's working double shifts.

I want to put mind, but freelancing ain't easy, it's time consuming, I don't have time for myself.

Sorry, i won't be chanced.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With #200,000, What Business Would You Advice One To Go Into In Abuja / Strictly Gigbucks And Seoclarks. Make Some Few Cash / CSCS Records N4.9bn Profit, Pays 70 Kobo Dividend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.