Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,468 members, 7,830,361 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each (22533 Views)

Lagos State Empowers 1050 Residents (Pictures) / Gombe State Empowers 35 Communities With N380m / The Non- Indigenes Appointees In Kogi State Empowers Both Women And Students In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by adecz: 9:31pm On Nov 16, 2022
North will be impoverishing their
citizens and be claiming that They
are empowering them...

Don't be surprised that the government
released 100k for purchase of each
goat ☹️☹️☹️

They should kontinu❗️❗️
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by spinna: 9:35pm On Nov 16, 2022
I have to say, i like this one.. sustainable and home grown.. no capital flight.. no be say dem dey import the goat from china or india

The goats ( i assume both sexes) will multiply.. and the training will help prevent losses

Great programme.. kudos
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Cantonese: 9:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
temitope27:
do you Know how much u fit but that goat

Na the cost of goat we dey talk or wetin go happen if one of the goats die, without reproduction. Na you go give the female belle or collect belle from the male?

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by HITsquad: 9:39pm On Nov 16, 2022
Good...
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Kinihuu005: 9:48pm On Nov 16, 2022
Mentally disorder
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by tnerro1(m): 10:02pm On Nov 16, 2022
Wahala
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Freebills12: 10:06pm On Nov 16, 2022
These are the people that are attacking Peter Obi for investing state's fund! Shameless people!
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Biafraaa: 10:21pm On Nov 16, 2022
Urheadmaster:

This life no balance.

Some people can't even spell "bought" tongue
Actually, he was trying to spell Buy and not Bought.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Xkay29(m): 10:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
I was in Kano years back, precisely Rimingado local govt.,kabuga,Tofa to mention but few, what I discovered then was aside farming biz within men and rearing of cows, one of the most lucrative biz among the typical hausa women are sheep's and goats biz.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by vickydevoka(m): 10:28pm On Nov 16, 2022
Cantonese:
Hmmmmmmmm.

Two goats? Not even 5 or 7? What if either of them dies?

Man n woman go bring battalion
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by lukency(m): 10:32pm On Nov 16, 2022
Better than kerosene
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by kacheezy: 10:37pm On Nov 16, 2022
kettykin:
Goatocracy, APC government and their cluelessness
It’s a pragmatic act, that was done based on research. You know nothing about their socioeconomic setting.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by uche393: 10:38pm On Nov 16, 2022
it's a nice concept on a long run.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Iwedunloye: 11:05pm On Nov 16, 2022
Skty:

In some areas, kerosene is now #1,200 a liter. Don't commonize anything under APC...
, Maybe in Aba
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Ofodirinwa: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2022
I used to think this gesture was foolish, but this is the beginning of a successful family farm if the women leverage it correctly.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Cantonese: 12:31am On Nov 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Goats require feeding and maintenance too wink

As a matter of fact it is easy to raise 2 at a start than 5 or 7. You need to cater for them and provide a shed for them to retire to at night if they roam.

This is better than buying cutlasses for men like HE Ortom and some South East states do. Giving people kerosene instead of goats is a no no for me.

It is commendable and coming from a woman commissioner suggests to me that the beneficiary women actually requested for the goats.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Come on, stop being hypocritical. What makes providing two goats, in the name of empowerment better than giving l wheelbarrows and cutlasses? Oh, so it makes better sense because it was provided by an APC leader? For your information, wheelbarrows are means of transportation and those who seriously engage in it take it 10,000 and above daily. This is easily verifiable. You can check for yourself.

My question was simple. What if one of the two goats die before reproduction happens? Since it is coming from government, it is commendable, but it should have been more than two to ensure that mortality should not ruin the plan.

I am a livestock farmer and I know the risks involved with relying on just those two before reproduction. Infact, there are factors that can ruin the plan, so government must provide with more goats and finance to sustain it. It is not always that easy or successful as you think.

You may be surprised also that allocation was made for more than two, but some ogas just to give just two and keep the rest to themselves.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Cantonese: 12:33am On Nov 17, 2022
Iwedunloye:

Better than 5 litres of kerosene

Tell us how.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by FreeStuffsNG: 12:36am On Nov 17, 2022
Cantonese:

Come on, stop being hypocritical. What makes providing two goats, in the name of empowerment better than giving l wheelbarrows and cutlasses? Oh, so it makes better sense because it was provided by an APC leader? For your information, wheelbarrows are means of transportation and those who seriously engage in it take it 10,000 and above daily. This is easily verifiable. You can check for yourself.

My question was simple. What if one of the two goats die before reproduction happens? Since it is coming from government, it is commendable, but it should have been more than two to ensure that mortality should not ruin the plan.

I am a livestock farmer and I know the risks involved with relying on just those two before reproduction. Infact, there are factors that can ruin the plan, so government must provide with more goats and finance to sustain it. It is not always that easy or successful as you think.

You may be surprised also that allocation was made for more than two, but some ogas just to give just two and keep the rest to themselves.

Please read my post slowly and find out if I included wheel barrow.

You are the one being hypocritical if I did not compare wheelbarrow but you slotted it in.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Cantonese: 12:40am On Nov 17, 2022
post=118449345:

Typical Mind of a Pessimist.
Na only bad, negative things like death dey always come dem mind first.
People dey ooo.
Go kee dem nao....

Lol grin
Kuku kee d boy cheesy

Where this one come from? Backward man.

We see where your APC has brought you, Sai baba apologist. People like you are the blind followers that we talk about. Those who see the truth and hide their faces, receiving fake promises, living in misery and pretence, while your slave masters heap more yoke on you. All you know and believe in is failure.

What do you kuku know, Mr. Follow follow?
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by indigenous234(f): 12:46am On Nov 17, 2022
You mean to tell us that the goats gifted your mum is her economic livelihood?. As in, she survives by the proceeds and economic values of two goats?!! Wow.

Sometimes I wondered how we got to have a Buhari and even the temerity of a Tinubu vying for presidency. It just dawned on me that it's because we have Isi ewu like you littered all over the voting register. Bros, suffer no dey tire you

A better Nigeria is POssible.

DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

This sounds funny but it's the way to go.

Some years back, my Mom was gifted with a male and a female goats by her friend, and after some years, the goats started reproducing and their numbers keep on multiplying till date.
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Cantonese: 12:47am On Nov 17, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Please read my post slowly and find out if I included wheel barrow.

You are the one being hypocritical if I did not compare wheelbarrow but you slotted it in.

I read your initial comment and understood it clearly.

“ This is better than buying cutlasses for men like HE Ortom and some South East states do. Giving people kerosene instead of goats is a no no for me”. You did or remember wheelbarrows, otherwise you would have added that.

What difference does it make, whichever we look at?

But I asked you why it became commendable when it was from an APC state, while it was not right when it was from either from Benue or Abia states? No be the same empowerment?
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by FreeStuffsNG: 1:04am On Nov 17, 2022
Cantonese:

I read your initial comment and understood it clearly.

“ This is better than buying cutlasses for men like HE Ortom and some South East states do. Giving people kerosene instead of goats is a no no for me”. You did or remember wheelbarrows, otherwise you would have added that.

What difference does it make, whichever we look at?

But I asked you why it became commendable when it was from an APC state, while it was not right when it was from either from Benue or Abia states? No be the same empowerment?
A goat has more value than a cutlass or kerosene. I would prefer a wheelbarrow as empowerment but cutlass is a no no for me.

This is the first time I am reading that goats are given as empowerment and I am happy it was an initiative by a Female Commissioner. It says much about that Commissioner, she could have given them buckets or cutlass but that goat is brilliant. It is cheaper to maintain and it can reproduce more.If one gives 2 in a year, she can compound within 5 years and sell at least 5 goats each at N40k giving her N200K. She can use that to buy more female goats and breed more.
Cutlass can not do all these so I honestly and sincerely do not accept cutlass and kerosene as empowerment.

1 Like

Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by ozoono(m): 1:30am On Nov 17, 2022
Chai Nigeria, wen u tink u av seen it all another pops out
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Iwedunloye: 5:51am On Nov 17, 2022
Cantonese:

Tell us how.

Start a Kerosene business with 5 litres or Start Animal business with two goats and check which one is better. You don’t need someone to tell your IQ
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by ifechiluru892: 6:20am On Nov 17, 2022
Better than 5 litres of keroseneBetter than 5 litres of kerosene...
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Ebukaboss(m): 6:40am On Nov 17, 2022
They own better not like ogun state wey dey poor
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by TheFalcon01: 7:04am On Nov 17, 2022
Cantonese:
Hmmmmmmmm.

Two goats? Not even 5 or 7? What if either of them dies?

Longer throat no go kee you ���

If den no give you rara nko?

Who you wan follow fight?
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Mayeldah(m): 7:41am On Nov 17, 2022
Even the Governor sef looks like Go^t...

Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Corto: 7:46am On Nov 17, 2022
If they show you how many billions were embezzled in purchasing those goats, ehn, you go just shít for plate

N.B. This post is dedicated to APC throatgoat and fearless money-pipe, Sadiya Disaster
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Corto: 8:55am On Nov 17, 2022
Mayeldah:
Even the Governor sef looks like Go^t...

Lmao grin
Re: Nasarawa State Empowers 50 Women With 2 Goats Each by Solababa91(m): 9:18am On Nov 17, 2022
Please Sir also tell them to build a ranch for their goats and not let them roam about the street constituting nuisance and polluting everywhere with their droppings and feeding on people's goods.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peter Obi's Twitter Bio Does Not Reflect His Presidential Candidacy / I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose / APC Asks Buhari To Send Soldiers To Ogun For Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.