Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose (22516 Views)

What Wike Told Atiku In Fresh Meeting On PDP Crisis / What Lamido Adamawa Told Atiku Versus What He Told Buhari / What Buhari Told Atiku, Others At Signing Of Second Peace Accord (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Ofunaofu: 12:28pm On Mar 08, 2023
….but those around him said “Oga can’t do that”

A former Ekiti state governor, Ayodele Fayose said he advised the presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar on how to resolve the lingering crisis of the opposition party, but his advice fell on deaf ears.

Fayose stated this in an interview with TVC on Wednesday.

According to Fayose, the people around Atiku were fond saying, “Oga can’t do that.”

Recall that Fayose was rumoured to have resigned from the PDP following the party’s loss in Saturday’s presidential election.

But, Fayose has refuted the news reports, asserting that he still remains a PDP member, adding that he did not resign from the party but only stepped aside.

The former governor, in a statement he personally signed, titled, “I didn’t resign from PDP, I only stepped aside – Ayo Fayose,” urged Nigerians to continue to support and vote for the PDP,” especially in the governorship and houses of assembly elections”.

Fayose’s statement reads, “I am still a bonafide member of the PDP. I only said I stepped aside because I need to speak the truth to power without the fear of my view being tainted by party colouration. Resigning from a political party has procedures and same will be followed if I strongly find the need to leave the party.

“It is important that we have somebody that can say the truth without wearing any party toga.

“I am a member of the PDP, I am a member of the PDP National Executive Committee, a member of the party caucus, member of the Board of Trustees based on my position as a former chairman of the PDP Governors’ Forum. It’s a lifetime membership. But Nigeria is bigger than any party.”

Fayose also clarified that he is not a member of the All Progressives Congress and will never be a member of the party, adding, however, he deeply respects Tinubu.

He also stated that he is entitled to his view of the 2023 presidential election being free and fair

Furthermore, he stated that he is not interested in contesting for any political position again in his life asking, “What am I going to contest for at 62? Even if I want to contest, not under APC. I have said it repeatedly that I can never join APC and I am still saying it now.”

“But I need to emphasise that Nigeria needs somebody who will say the truth at this critical period in our history.

“Again, may I conclude here that Peter Obi is the man of the season. Asiwaju won the election, but PDP was too fractured to win an election at federal level. However, at the state level, elections are local, please continue to vote and support the PDP, especially in the governorship and houses of assembly elections.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2023/03/what-i-told-atiku-to-do-then-to-resolve-pdp-crisis-fayose/

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by oyin44: 12:35pm On Mar 08, 2023
This is the statement coming from an opposition which breaks the camel's back

tinubu won the election ...by Ayo fayose
( pdp member )

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Aufbauh(m): 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
Again, may I conclude here that Peter Obi is the man of the season. Asiwaju won the election, but PDP was too fractured to win an election at federal level
Endgame!

I have equally maintained that Obi is the game changer for Tinubu's victory.

When those Neophytes were projecting that the election is between Atiku & Obi I normally laughed at their ignorance.

By political calculation & support base analysis, there's no way Atiku will be first & Obi second or vice versa. The only probability is the 2nd and 3rd for either of them which is what it is.

54 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Dreal1247: 12:36pm On Mar 08, 2023
When a king outgrows wise counsel, foolish alternative will surely lecture him in a hard way. I can see the finger of God.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by oluwaseyi0: 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
Bloggers and feasting on a single interview

Fayose had just one interview, expect Bloggers to create a million and one thread from it

6 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Janet3oo(f): 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
PDP is dead already in Nigeria

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by DAYPEN: 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
Pride goes before the fall

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Kagd10: 12:44pm On Mar 08, 2023
Funnily enough, Atiku won most of the core North state, so what is he disputing exactly? 😂

3 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by GOTVee: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
sad

3 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Omoawoke: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
angry

Fayose you have done well by standing up to speak against IPOB agenda in Lagos

For the rest of some people still thinking GRV is not IPOB

Ask yourself;
1. Why is he sp obsessed with IPOB, his tweets are not just one off but he was consistent with them over the years. Is that not obsession? Check the different dates of the tweets, from 2015 to 2022

2. If he can be derogatory to his own people online, imagine what he does offline?

3. Why are ipob sympathizers all clamouring for his votes

And they tell you to vote eluppp from top to bottom without even know who you are voting for while hiding Igbos agenda under some Elupp ticket.

Of course only an idiot will vote without thinking or knowing who they are voting for and we arent idiots

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by ugotricey: 12:45pm On Mar 08, 2023
Ok
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Moh247: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
He isn't destined to rule

9 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by WonderManly(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Campaign after Election... Sope p ti lọ. It's gone!

1 Like

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by SaintLucia: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Eeyah grin

8 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Faber(m): 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
This one don join FFK and co

1 Like

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Buchii0007: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
Who is taking your words serious

1 Like

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Parachoko: 12:46pm On Mar 08, 2023
I do not know who was giving Atiku the confidence that he is going to win the Presidential Election.

8 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by chris4gold(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Story for the gods
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Felabrity: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Atiku and Ego

5 and 6
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by fola2222: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
You also need to tell him to stop wasting his time protesting, the struggle is between tinubu and obi

1 Like

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by RealLordZeus(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Kagd10:
Funnily enough, Atiku won most of the core North state, so what is he disputing exactly? 😂
Buhari also won core north for 3 consecutive times and still lose the election... Losing the south east is PDP's downfall

6 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by vowiski(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
oyin44:
This is the statement coming from an opposition that breaks the camel's back

tinubu won the election ...by Ayo fayose

Urchins looking for anyone to say Tinubu won. cheesy

Even if a goat starts talking today, and it said Tinubu won , they will run to The Nations to make it a front page headline ..

When you need people, exepcially irresponsible ones to validate your victory , then you are a disgrace!

4 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Godwin4444: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
Atiku was not destined to b president, that’s all I see cos just imagine a man who wants to fight strong opponent n allowed all his strongest Pals to leave without caring to make amends

Pdp lost kwankwanso
They lost obi
They lost G5

Tell me how they will win an incumbent government with federal might

5 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by temitope27(m): 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
He fail to listen,cos he plan to fail grin

ASIWAJU is their father

12 Likes

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by ogmask: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
With the turn of events after the election, the G5 would have been a waste of effort. Apart from rivers result which is heavily contested by LP, no other G5 state came close to winning their state. It wouldn't have made any difference if you ask me.
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by OluwaBlessyn: 12:47pm On Mar 08, 2023
He think say strong head fit do am 😂😂😂

He don see the crowd wey obi pull,now he’s learning from his mistakes

I don’t see him presiding over Nigeria ,he’ll just always come runners up

1 Like

Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by dgmoni123(m): 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Atiku should retire from politics
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Dchampion65: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Fayose, the rock.
His analysis is perfect.
Re: I Told Atiku What To Do Then To Resolve PDP Crisis, But... – Fayose by Tofax: 12:48pm On Mar 08, 2023
Breaking news: Committee of indigenous Lagosians endorses GRV for governor.

https://www.nairaland.com/7602044/breaking-news-committee-indigenous-lagosians

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Obasanjo Cant Stop Criticizing Jonathan / Ambode Presents 4 Mobile CCTV Cameras & 4 Back Up Cars To RRS (Pics) / Nigeria's Union Non-negotiable - Goodluck Jonathan (Throwback)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.