Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Adventures With Theresa 18+ - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Adventures With Theresa 18+ (10231 Views)

My Adventures With Jehovah Witness (episode 1) � / Twins Adventures / The Adventures Of Czar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by DANIELKWAME: 10:50am On Jan 24, 2023
Update ooh
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2023
AdiscoPele:
@Frankwriter, compliment of the season. Pls when should we be expecting updates

I'm posting right away.

But you can always follow up on Facebook @Frank The Writer
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:53pm On Jan 26, 2023
Episode 10 soon
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Episode 10

Written by: Frank The Writer

❌ Do Not Copy or Repost ❌

~ Theresa's POV ~

It was really a nice house. The contrast between the color of the building and the green of the garden, covered with flowers of different colors was beautiful. The roads were tarred with concrete and right in front of the entrance, there was a big fountain that goes perfectly with the style of a hotel.

“Almost 11 am, you slept most of the ride,” Frank said with his voice still distant, not looking at me.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

I took a moment to reply, realizing I was indeed hungry. My stomach was rumbling.

“Yeah,” I said, trying to keep the conversation short. I didn’t want to push it and have him be rude to me again.
“We are going to have brunch in the house. My mum will be glad I came with you,” he said, moving his eyes toward the entrance.

“She's looking forward to meeting you. Please be nice to her.
“Frank….” I took a deep breath, turning to look at him even when I felt ashamed for doing it.

“Can we talk first? I don’t want us to be like this.”
“You'll assume to be my wife to be, that’s what my mom would like to see,” he said, his voice still distant from me. His words were breaking my heart and I couldn’t tell why.

“Let’s not talk about anything. I prefer we keep this situation to ourselves,” he added to my discomfort.
“Frank….” I said in almost a plea, wanting him to look at me like he did many times yesterday. Did I Bleep up this bad?

“We should get going now. I’m sure they can’t wait to see us.” Frank said, ignoring me while he walked to open the trunk of the car.

I felt my eyes watering again and I hate myself for feeling this way. I only wanted to know why he invited me. I never planned on hurting him and making him treat me this way. And just when I thought I cared for him too, how the tables have turned. I swallowed everything inside and opened the door, stepping outside of the car.

A teenage girl sighted us from afar. She ran towards Frank and helped him with the bags. He gently accepted his help and glanced at me to see if I was ready to walk inside.

“She's fine oo,” I overheard the girl say.
Frank smiled sheepishly and turned at me.

“Uh, Terry, this is going to be the first time I introduce a girl to my family,” Frank said, coming closer to me, his eyes hidden behind the shades that hide him from any type of emotion.

“So, um, I don’t really know how they are going to react.”

Even when I shouldn’t, I gave him a supporting smile. Somehow, what he said made me feel better than before. I knew he was acting like a rock but I could see he was nervous, even behind the distant voice.

“It's okay. Don’t be scared.” I said while I accommodated my jacket.
“I can handle it.”
“Okay.” He nodded.

I can’t really say if he looked at me or not. All thanks to the sunglasses but I’d like to think he did.

“Let’s get inside then.”

The girl whom he said was his cousin was distant from us. I glanced around the place to distract myself from the short silence that stood between us.

“Frank? Franklin..” Came a voice from inside. When we looked up in the direction of the entrance, we found a lady with long beautiful black hair falling back her shoulders, a few braids making half a ponytail.

“Benita,” He said excitedly. He hugged her tightly and lifted her, making her laugh. When he puts her down, he held her at arm's length.

“You are not looking bad, my dear.” Frank complimented her.
“Thank you, thank you.” She said, smiling. She chuckled and slightly noticed I came with Frank.

“And who’s this beautiful young lady? Is she…?” She walked to me holding my hands, making me take a step closer while she inspected me.

“Um, Benita, this is Theresa.” He stood beside me. It felt strange to have him treat me so friendly when minutes ago he was so distant.

“My.. My….,” he thought for a second, trying to think of the right word.
“My date,” he eventually said.

“Oh, your date.” She widened her eyes with a smile.
“Welcome dear, I’m so glad to meet you.” She then leaned closer to me but still spoke loud enough for him to hear.

“We actually thought he wasn’t going to mar…”
“Hmm..,” Frank interrupted Benita from completing her word. He moved one eyebrow up and looked straight at her.

“Well, you have never brought a girl to the family, don’t blame me.” She chuckled, glancing at him but then she looked at me.

“Your babe is fine. Finer than you,” Benita added jokingly.
“Thank you,” was all I said, laughing slightly. She was so open and talkative that you could feel a great vibe coming from her.
“Glad to meet you,” she said.

“I’m glad to meet you as well,” I said.
“Thank you, dear. Let me show the way.” She laced her arm with mine and started walking away. I glanced back at Frank and he held his laugh, hiding his face with one hand.

“I’m sorry.” He murmured while I walked away, now realizing Benita has been talking non-stop about some selection they made for the wedding. I wasn’t following anything she said. I just nodded in response with a polite smile on my face.

We walked inside the first room in the house there was a big table in the middle of the room and she walked straight to it.
The conversation on the table instantly stopped when she walked inside the room. Everyone at the table turned to look at us. I couldn’t help but blush, having everyone's attention.

Then, Frank walked inside as well and everyone stood up with smiles.

“Frank!” They all said in unison.

A woman with black hair technically ran towards him and soon enough, I realized that was his mom. She looked so young.

“Everyone, this is Theresa, Frank's girlfriend,” Benita informed everyone at the table. They turned to look at me once again, and I blushed even deeper.

“Make her feel at home.”

“I’m not… his…,” but they couldn’t let me finish my sentence, because soon enough, they were on their feet taking turns greeting me.

I shook everyone’s hand and even received a hug. I chuckled nervously while everyone came to meet me. I didn’t know how to react, so I just smiled politely. They seem like really good people. They were very impressed with meeting me. It was strange but it felt good in some way.

Finally, Frank's mom approached me with a big smile and open arms.

“Theresa! So glad to finally meet you. I’m his mother,” she said, rounding me in a tight hug. She was more beautiful up close.

“Sorry for all the fuzz. We are just very excited about having you here. And Frank of course.”

“Nice to meet you, ma. I’m very happy to be here as well.” I said with a bright smile. I felt butterflies running down my stomach as I see Frank walking toward me.
“Well, well, let’s give her some space now!” Frank stood next to me, smiling at me. I don’t know if I was the only that noticed it but it wasn’t a real smile.

Tmine continued…
Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

IF YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET NOTIFIED WHENEVER I POST A NEW EPISODE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY FACEBOOK PAGE

Frank The Writer

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Let me know if you are following
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 3:57pm On Jan 26, 2023
Episode 11

Written by Frank The Writer

~ Theresa's POV ~

“He just wants to keep her for himself!” An old man shouted from the other side of the table, some people laughed loudly and the rest of them stared at them with a gasp.
“Papa! Sit down,” said another woman, pulling the old man’s shirt and making him sit down.
“Welcome to our family.” She smiled at me, taking my hand in hers. Care for any food?”

They all sat down again, moving two chairs for Frank and I. They started conversing like they were doing before giving me a little time to take a deep breath and took everything in.

I was in Asaba, with Frank and his family and they were actually pretty nice people. Soon enough, someone arrived with a drink for Frank and I.

After a few minutes, the conversation at the table started to turn into laughs and chuckles. Someone was telling a story but I couldn’t quite hear from there.

After a moment, Frank touched my elbow, calling my attention. I was trying my best to keep myself distracted to not put much attention to him, even when the meeting went well, the memories from last night were still crystal clear in my head.

“You did well at handling everything.” He leaned closer to my ear, whispering into my ears. "Thank you. It means a lot to me,” he added.

“It's nothing,” I said lowly, giving him a small smile. He gave me only a nod, returning to his quiet self, and moved his eyes away from me.

He focused on his meal for the rest of the time we spend at the table while I kept myself occupied, talking to his mom about shops around town. I tried my best to not get bothered by him ignoring me but even if I lie, it does affect me.

We finished our meal and by the time, everyone at the table started to stand up going their ways. I was taking the last sip from the cup of water when I saw Frank placing his napkin that was previously resting on his plate. Then he stood up, running his hand through his hair.

We walked a few steps away standing by a tall window with a view of the gardens. The landscape outside looked beautiful. I was fascinated with the place.

Finally, Frank's mom and I set out to go shopping later in the evening for the wedding the following day.

“She's your mom, spend time with her,” he said smiling.

I gave him one last smile and walked away to where his mom was waiting for me. We both glanced up at him and waved goodbye before walking away from the house.

Her mom led the way to the car while I followed behind. I knew she was cool and so lovely, but she was still his mom. I was really nervous to be alone with her. It’s been a while since the last time I felt nervous.

At least she wasn’t like the moms of my previous boyfriends— not that Frank was my boyfriend, haha, but you get what I’m saying.

Once inside the car, Frank's cousin's brother ignited the engine. The radio instantly came on and the car filled with the sound of a violin playing more classical music.

“Frank loves to hear classical music while driving, too,” I said while buckling my belt. It runs in the family, I guess.”

“Oh yeah. He got it from his dad, mostly. But his dad got it from me actually.” She smiled broadly, Ken taking the wheel and driving away from the house.

“I was once in a theater group when I was younger, and I was quite the pianist.” She said.

“Wow. Really?” I opened my mouth agape. That’s amazing! I would love to hear you play.”

“Oh, no. I’m too shy now.” She laughed out loud. I turned to look at her. She still looks young and beautiful. Not even one single wrinkle in her face and not exactly beauty treatments.

“I stopped playing when I got pregnant with…Um, my first child.”
She coughed nervously. I then realized she was talking about Frank's sister. Frank told me about her back then when we met. One of the reasons I thought we clicked back then, we were so open with each other.

In just a few minutes, we arrived at a mall along Okpanam road, Asaba. I have been looking around the whole time, impressed by how beautiful everything was. The city was so clean and somehow quiet. The sunny sky made it look even more pretty, making all the flowers around shine.
When Ken (Frank's cousin) parked near the mall, we alighted and walked together to the entry.

“What exactly would you like to wear?” She turned to me as we walked inside. “A two-piece, shoes, too?”

“Um, I don’t even know. It’s a day wedding, right?” I asked and she nodded her head. “Maybe a knee sunny dress with heeled sandals.”

“That sounds lovely.” She said excitedly, smiling widely. “I have to find a hat as well, so let’s hit the stores.”

We spent about forty minutes walking round different corners but not any of them were for weddings, all of them were too casual for the event or too formal. I was much interested in something that doesn’t bring too much attention. Frank's mom already put her eye on a hat we saw some stores ago but she kept looking just in case she found another she likes more.

Finally, we entered a gown shop someone recommended to us while we were just looking around in another store. When we entered or looked just like a wedding dress shop. There was a woman in one of the stalls trying on a long white dress that looked taken out of a magazine. As usual, I walked to the sales rack, old habits never die hard.

In a matter of minutes, an attendant walked to us, trying to assist and Frank's mom gently accepted, telling her we were looking for a not-so-formal sunny dress for a wedding and a cream hat for her. The attendant told us to follow her and showed us a little lounge area just like the one the woman with the wedding dress was with minutes ago.
The hats arrived first. They didn’t have a lot of options but Frank's mom doesn’t seem to mind.

“Wow! I really like this one.” I said holding a dark cream hat. It doesn’t really look like a hat, more like a head accessory but it’s really beautiful. It only covers a small part of the head and it has a soft fabric net that covers only the forehead.
She puts it on and a smile instantly formed on her face. She checked herself in the mirror, accommodating the net to one side. She looked so pretty. I don’t know how old she was but she doesn’t look like a mother of two.

“I'll take it. This is the one.” She said, totally convinced about the hat, never taking her eyes away from it. “I love it.”
“It looks beautiful on you.” I complimented her just when another attendant arrived with a rack full of short dresses for me.

“Thank you, darling.” She gave me a tender smile. “Go on, go try the dresses on. I want to see you.”

“Okay, I will be right back. I said excitedly, walking with the attendant to the fitting rooms.

She lets me pick up a few dresses before stepping inside. I couldn’t help but look at the tags, all of them pass the little token I have in my account.
There were even a few that was about twenty thousand naira. They were designer dresses. I couldn’t afford them.
“Um, do you have any cheaper dresses? I can’t really afford this.” I said being completely honest.

“Of course.” She said with a smile and a thick igbotic accent.
“We also give the option of renting the dress, if you’re interested.”
“Oh, yeah, that sounds perfect. How much is that?” I asked biting on my bottom lip.

“The ones with red tags on are around 10k, for a day. And the ones with green tags 15k.” She explained to me.
“Red tags it is,” I said, going back to searching for the dresses I like on the rack.

I took four dresses with me, but the rest of them didn’t gain my attention. The first one I tried on was too tight, I couldn’t even finish zipping it.
The next one was a coral tube dress covered in lace. It made me look like wrapped sushi, so I took it off instantly.

The next dress was a cream yellow dress, it fits pretty well but I wasn’t very convinced. I decided to step outside to hear some opinions.
“Oh, I brought you a pair of heels. You’re size 42, right?” she said, holding a pair of nude sandal heels. I nodded my head, taking them and putting them on.
I stepped outside the fitting room. Frank's mom was relaxing on a sofa with a soft chilled drink.
“This one looks great, my dear,” she said, standing up and walking to me.
I looked at myself in the mirror, it doesn’t look bad but I don’t think yellow is my color.

Finally, I managed to get another dress that fitted me so well. It was a blue-colored one. The zipper was on a side, so it was difficult for me to know how to get outside of it. When I looked at myself in the mirror, I smiled. It fitted so well.
It has blue lace covering the entire top, with a nude base since you can’t wear a bra with it. A little above the waistline falls the skirt, a bite-flowy chiffon material that flows with the wind.

This was definitely the dress, and it goes perfectly with the shoes the attendant gave me.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

IF YOU ALWAYS WANT TO GET NOTIFIED WHENEVER I POST A NEW EPISODE, MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING MY PAGE
👇👇

Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Mc6xty(m): 4:54pm On Jan 26, 2023
Nice update

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by AdiscoPele: 1:28pm On Jan 28, 2023
Thanks for the update.
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:44pm On Jan 28, 2023
These two are behaving childish grin
Keep the updates coming boss

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by aprilwise(m): 5:27pm On Jan 28, 2023
I just stumbled into this story now and it’s interesting

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:47pm On Jan 31, 2023
Episode 12

Written by Frank The Writer

~ Theresa's POV ~

I stepped outside with a smile on my face, the attendant looked at me and complimented me. Frank's mom was still on her feet waiting for me. She looked at me and her mouth fell to the floor, nodding her head and helping me get to the big mirror.

“I don’t think we have to keep looking. Do we?” she said, holding me by my shoulders, and standing right behind me.

“You look gorgeous and beautiful.”
“Thank you, ma. I think this is the one.” I said looking at myself in the mirror. I felt like a princess in this dress. I'll take it along with the shoes.

After I got back to my usual clothes, I folded the dress and placed the shoes on top of it, and handed it to the attendant. She walked us to the register where the hat was. I took my wallet out ready to pay for the dress.

“Will you be renting the dress and the shoes?” The attendant asked while pressing some numbers on the register.

“Yes,” I placed my hand, in search of my ATM card but Frank’s mom stopped me.
“No, she’s buying it.” She looked at me and at my wallet, like making me put it away with just one look. She stretched out her card.

“Oh no, ma, I can’t let you pay for my dress.” I laughed nervously, shaking my head. I already felt like I'm taking advantage of Frank for letting him pay for lots of things and now his mom trying to pay for my clothes.

“I can rent it and bring it here tomorrow.”

“No dear. I’m not letting you. End of discussion.” She said with a winning smile just like Frank's.

“Besides, I’m just following my son’s orders. And you know if a man wants to buy you a dress, you can't refuse.”

I smiled sheepishly.

“Yes, if my son decides to buy you cloth, will you decline?”

Silence.

“But, I….” I took a deep breath. I’m going to kill that Frank of a guy. I said to myself.

“No ‘but’ my darling. It’s our pleasure to do it.” She said with a warm smile, now handing her card to the attendant.

We left the stores with our bags. I couldn’t thank her enough while we walked out of the store that she technically shut me off in a comical way.
“How about we go get some chilled stuff at Shoprite? I want something cold before we go.” She turned to me.

“Okay, fine. But with one condition.” I looked at her, holding back my giggle.
“So what’s the condition?”
“You let me pay for them.”
“That sounds fair.” She laughed slightly, guiding us to the ice cream quarter when we got to Shoprite.

When we got inside, she ordered a mint chocolate milkshake and I ordered Vanilla, my favorite. We also ordered four small cupcakes to share. I paid as we agreed and went to sit at one of the tables inside the small shop, leaving our bags on a chair next to us. I bit one of the cupcakes. They were so soft and the cream was yummy and tasty.

“So, Theresa..your name is Theresa, right?”
“Yes, ma.” I nodded.
“Okay. So, tell me a bit about yourself.” She asked me while grabbing a cupcake. “What do you do for a living, my dear?”

“Um, right now, nothing.” I giggled, placing the remaining of my cupcake on the plate. “I finished school last year and since then…”

“Frank told me you are currently doing your NYSC, right?” She interrupted, taking a sip from her milkshake.
I didn’t know he talked about me with her. It made me flush slightly.
“Yeah, that’s what I’ve been up to in the last few months,” I said, moving the rest of the cupcake to my mouth. “But I have rounded up with service,” I added.
“Um, yes, he told me.”

She smiled kindly at me, like the look a mother gives to her child. It made me miss my mind.
“Don’t mind if I ask my dear, what’s going on between you two?”

I almost got choked up on my bite, swallowing the cake handy. I looked at her with shock. I was sure she knew we weren’t dating. Is she?

“Um, what do you mean, ma? We are friends.” I said nervously, trying to hide it by taking a sip from my shake. I was blushing and she knew it.
“No, not that my dear,” she chuckled, shaking her head, moving her hand up in a gesture.

“I mean, what’s going on between you two?” She sipped a drink. “I may not have spent much time with Frank anymore but I know my son, he looks bothered about something.”

“Oh! Really?” I said and moved my eyebrows up.
“And you too,” she turned in my direction.

“You had a sad glimpse in your eyes the entire time during our meal.” She said and moved closer to me. She was really very observant.
“Did something happen between you two?”
I sighed. There was no way I couldn’t lie to her about this. Even though it felt like it wasn’t in my place to tell her, I couldn’t get away with it. I have always been a terrible liar.

Well, I told her about what happened, about my concern about being just another girl on his list. I left some details out, I didn’t want to lie to her but I don’t want to tell her the whole truth. I told her about the fight we had last night, making him leave the room. I tried to be neutral as possible but I was sure she could hear the hurt in my voice.

She nodded through the story, eating another cupcake and looking somehow perceptive of what I was telling her.
“Since this morning he has been distant from me,” I said, breathing out. “And I can’t blame him really. I acted like a fool last night.”

“I see.” She said, finishing her drink, and pausing her lips in thought.
It felt so good to finally tell someone about this. I was feeling like it was closing inside my chest and it also made me feel a lot better. I just wish she took it in a good way. She was pensive, so I just decided to eat the last cupcake, hiking her time.

“I think you both have a point,” she said after a moment, turning her powerful eyes to me.
“I guess he took it the wrong way, but you do deserve to know. I’m sure he’s just confused, my dear. He’s going through a lot at the moment.”

“Is he? We haven’t really talked about ourselves. It’s been only a day or so and the fight erased the possibilities of us communicating with each other.” I said, finishing my drink as well, and taking a napkin to clean my mouth.

“I know Frank cares about you tremendously, otherwise you wouldn’t be here alone with me.”

“I guess so.” I smiled at her, realizing she was cool.
“He wouldn’t have let any girl go out shopping with his mom. He is too protective. The short time I have known him tells me that. He loves his mom to death, he would do anything for her. I guess I don’t have anything to worry about. I guess I just want to hear it from him. That’s all I asked.” She paused.

We looked at each other and smiled.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Follow me on Facebook

@ Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by bigbauer(m): 2:16pm On Feb 03, 2023
Wow, this is a great story! I really enjoyed reading it. I hope you can post more updates frequently.
I love the last update

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:24pm On Feb 04, 2023
Episode 13

❌Do Not Copy or Repost ❌

~Theresa's POV ~

On our way back to the house was fun. Since we got out of Shoprite, we have been talking about make-up and hairstyles for tomorrow — the deal day. She told me they hired someone and she asked if I wanted to, I could do my makeup with them but I gently refused. I wasn’t a fan of makeup and I didn’t wear it that much. I could equally do my hair just fine by myself.

We finally arrived and the sun was almost completely down, making the entire place cool and inviting. I thanked her once again for the shopping and she shook her head, telling me it was nothing, that she had a lot of fun with me.

“Are you sure you’ll be fine on your own, dear?” Frank's mom asked as she was about to climb the stairs.

“Yeah, don’t worry about me. I’ll make myself comfortable,” I said, smiling at her. “I'll just go inside and probably sleep or read a book,” I added.
“Alright, my dear. I’ll be upstairs, and just in case you need anything, call anyone around to help you out.” She started climbing the stairs.
“Alright, ma. I’ll keep that in mind.” I waved goodbye and started walking towards the guest room she showed me.

Frank was yet to return to the house. I guess he probably went out to see some of his friends.
I walked straight to the door and quietly opened it. The lights were on when I popped my head through the door. I gasped when I looked inside. The room was big, way bigger than any room I have stayed in. There was a shiny table with flowers on top and a matching mirror, the cream-carpeted floors lead to an open area where the bed was. There was a fireplace right in front of the bed and on top of it, there was a TV that strangely goes well with the room.

The bed was huge, the header was in a cream color with matching sheets and a full set of pillows. I instantly let my body fall on the bed proving what I already suspected, the softest-cloud- bed ever. The side tables were perfect with the rest of the furniture. A big lamp on each of them.

I stood up from the bed, and walked to the windows, the view from there was amazing. You could see other houses' roofs there. I also decided to check the bathroom, if the room was like this, I’m sure the bathroom would even be bigger. Just what I thought. It was indeed filthy big.

I was amazed. All marble floors and walls, golden ornaments holding the towels, and decorating the frames of the two paintings on the wall. Two wooden tables with flowers everywhere and I love it. It made the whole place smell amazing.

After checking everything else in the room, I decided to take my book from my purse to keep myself busy. A cold breeze hit my cheeks and made me regret not having brought a jacket with me.

“Terry! Terry, right?” someone called from the door. I think I recognized the feminine voice.
“Hi, yeah, I’m Terry.” I opened the door and our eyes met.
“I'm Mary. Do you know? Frank's cousin.” She said with a smile on her face.
“Oh! Mary. Good evening.”
“Good evening dear. Welcome to our home.”

“Thank you.”
“Um, we are about to have a little birthday for my mom. I hope you don’t mind joining us upstairs.” Mary said and looked me up in the eyes.
“Erm, birthday party?”
“Yes. Not Frank's mom, but mine.”

“I heard you right.” I giggled and moved my eyes around.
“So, are you in? I promise we won’t take much of your time.”
“Well, let me see…”
“Terry, you don’t have to think about anything. You’ll be glad you joined us. I bet Frank forgot he promised mom he would be around.”
“I don’t even know where he went to.” I laughed.

“Don’t tell me you are an introvert.” She said smiling.
“No, I’m not,” I said, smiling back at her.

I took a second to think but then I just nodded my head and followed her. I couldn’t say no to Frank's cousin, even when I was a bit mad at Frank, I didn’t want to sound rude to his family. Besides, she said they weren’t going to waste time.
Mary was quite a character, she looked fun to be with.

“Did you find a dress for tomorrow?” she asked.

“Yes, I did. Frank's mom was a great company.” I replied.
“Oh! Really…sounds great.”
“Yeah. She is the best person to go shopping with. She picked my wedding dress.” I boosted.

We finally went upstairs to the sitting room where everyone was gathered for the quick celebration. A table was in the middle with a cake and several wines around it. Frank's mom was there and likewise some few extended families I half knew.

Just like Mary promised, the birthday party was brief, fun, and enthralling. It lasted for about thirty minutes and they shared cake and drinks while everyone got back to their room.

I was back in the guest room, and lying on the bed with my portion of the cake and drink by the bedside. It was 7:30 pm and Frank wasn’t back yet. I didn’t want to call him either.

The cake was tasty and yummy as I finally took a bite. It made me think about the past years. I really enjoyed baking, but I didn’t like the environment I was in. With my ex and fake friends, it was much for me. I needed a change. But now, they are all in the past.

I really loved baking and getting lost while at it— that feeling made me realize maybe it was what I was born to do. I could take more classes when I later settle down. Maybe I could even teach some, that would be amazing too, to share my knowledge with others.

Out of nowhere, I heard a knock on the door. It brought me back from my thought, so I stood up from the bed and opened the door. I was surprised to see Frank standing outside the door.

“Frank,” I said a little confused. I wasn’t expecting him until the following day.
“Um, Terry.” He said, moving his hand up in an awkward wave. It was then I realized I was so distracted, during the afternoon that I didn’t think of our little fight last night. I was having fun with his family and it erased the thought from my mind.

“How….how was your outing?” I asked, taking a deep breath.
“Um, not bad. I met some old friends.” He said a little uncomfortable. He closed his lips for a moment and then he said, “Can I… come in? I need to talk to you.”

“Oh, yeah, sure. Come in.” I said nervously, opening the door for him and stepping inside. He walked inside and closed the door. He looked around the room and I couldn’t tell if he was still mad at me and I didn’t know if I was mad at him as well. It was really confusing. I mean I still wanted to know but I have learned not to push it. Even his mother told me so. Talking to her really helped me to understand.

“What’s that?” He noticed the cake on the bedside. He walked closer to the bed looking at it.
“Mary's mom's birthday….”
“Oh! I totally forgot about it. I was informed. She’s going to kill me for missing it,” he laughed.
“Good for you.” My short response.

Frank guided me towards the window. He sat down first in the cushion-made seat. He took a deep breath, looking towards the door. I waited for him to speak first, I didn’t want to push him.

“I want to apologize.” He finally said after some seconds of silence.
“I….I shouldn’t have left the room last night as I did. I’m really sorry.”
“Frank, you don’t have to. I’m the one that needs to apologize.” I turned to look at him, but he shook his head.

“I crossed a line. I offended you and for that, I’m very sorry.”
“Listen to me, I’m very sorry. I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did. You don’t deserve to be treated that way.” He looked at me, and for the first time in the whole day, he kindly looked at me. It brought butterflies to my stomach instantly.

“I guess I was hurt by your words and I kind of deserved it. I didn’t call you in eight freaking months and I was to apologize again.

“It's okay.” I grinned. I felt a lot of emotions inside of me. I moved my hand to his shoulder, reassuring him it was fine.

“I guess I accept your apology too.” He gave me a smile, his eyes locked with mine and making everything inside of me melt.

“There’s… there is another thing I have to tell you.”

“Hmm…?”

He stood up from the seat and took a step away, running his hand through his hair.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

3 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by aprilwise(m): 6:51am On Feb 05, 2023
I think frank really likes terry lemme see how things gonna be for em

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by hotswagg12: 3:14pm On Feb 05, 2023
Thanks for the update and more please.

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Golden2100: 8:29pm On Feb 05, 2023
This story is getting more interesting

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:03am On Feb 06, 2023
Episode 14

~ Theresa's POV ~

“I didn’t…I didn’t forget about you during our time away.” He paused, biting his bottom lip. “As I told you, I wasn’t ready to face my emotions back then. I was going through a lot, and still, I am, but I’m ready to face those feelings, now.” He turned to a side. He looked really nervous.

“You were in my mind a lot, Terry. More than you think.”
“Fran… Frank.” I opened my mouth.” He was answering my questions, he was showing me that I’m not just another girl on his list.

“Here goes my stuttering girl again. How I missed her.” He smiled at me, running his thumb down my cheek. He moved my face and placed a kiss where his thumb was seconds ago.

He then moved back, looking at me and leaving me speechless.
“I care about you, okay? I hope it stays clear from now on.” He gave me a last smile before letting me go.

“This time it’s not going to be like the last time. It’s a promise to you.”
I still didn’t know what to say. I guess I was a bright red tomato by then because his words were just so overwhelming.

“Are you…Are you leaving?” I asked, trying so hard to not stutter and trying to act calm.
“Do you want me to stay?” He asked with an eyebrow up with a smirk on his lips. That’s the flirty Frank I know.

“No, I mean yes. Just a little longer.” I said walking a step closer to him without noticing.
“I feel like we didn’t see each other in the whole day. I want you to stay.”

“I would love to but I don’t want to cross a line with you, not again.” He placed his index finger on my chin locking his eyes with mine.

“And we need to rest. We have a long day tomorrow.”

I opened my mouth to say something but then I closed it. He was being such a gentleman. It was his way of showing me I wasn’t there only for pleasure. He was perfect.

“Okay.” It was the only thing I managed to say, smiling at him that he irresistibly returned.

“Sleep well, Terry.” He leaned closer, placing another kiss on my cheek.
“Goodnight, Frank,” I said right before he walked away to the door.

The wedding ceremony started around noon. I was up as early as possible to get ready. I took a long hot bath. The entire morning was all about pampering myself. Not every day you get the chance to stay in a place as beautiful as here. I took time to love-vendor myself.

It's always nice to make an effort to look good once in a while. Well, at least for me. I wasn’t the type of girl who takes care of her appearance, I barely dress up and makeup. It was something foreign to me. I would be lying if I say I wasn’t excited that morning. It was incredible.
I love weddings and everything that comes with it. The food, the partying, the feeling of love all around, families reuniting to celebrate the lives of two courageous people that want to spend the rest of their lives together.

When I was finally ready, I looked at myself in the full-length bathroom. I smiled seeing the result of my effort. There was only one thing I was missing. I walked to my bag and got a pair of earrings that my grandma gave to me when I turned sixteen. I put them on, completing my look. I felt proud of my work. I looked gorgeous and set for the day.

While leaving the room to wait for Frank so we could go together, I tried to control my nerves. I have never seen him in a suit. Will he wear a suit? I couldn’t even picture him in one. He had a style that I couldn’t quite describe. Rockish-bad-boy that only wears vintage designer.

When the doors opened in the lobby, the whole building bubbled with excitement. Every nook and cranny smelt amazing.

“Terry?” I heard a deep voice just a few steps from me, taking all my attention. I looked to my right and found Frank standing by the stairs, instantly my mouth fell to the floor.

I opened my mouth to say something but instead, my face got consumed by a smile. He looked so cute, even more handsome. I knew he wasn’t going to pick a normal suit.

“Frank,” I mumbled, finally saying something. An instant smile appeared on my face. He didn’t move right away.

After a moment, he started walking closer to me. His smile turned into a slight smirk, one that instantly melted me. The moment he was in front of me, his smirk grew, showing his dimples and I loved it. The proximity got me drowned in that scenes of him.

“Hi.” He said, quietly.
“Hi,” I said, just as shy as I was.

We stared at each other for some seconds. I felt all kinds of butterflies going crazy inside of me just standing in front of Frank in a black suit and a hat. Frank couldn’t stop moving his eyes all over me.

“You look…you look beautiful and stunning,” he whispered.
I blushed and instantly moved my face down.

“No, don’t hide, babe. Look at me.”
“You are making me blush,” I smiled and touched the tips of my hair that fell to one side.

“You are blushing because I’m telling the truth.” He leaned forward, placing a kiss on my cheek. “You look mesmerizing,” he added.

“Thank you,” I said, smiling at him and still feeling my cheeks flush.
“You don’t look bad either. Look at you. Almost a tie and everything.” I moved my hands to the piece of fabric falling on his chest.

“Almost a tie?” he rolled his eyes, giving me a one-sided smile.
“It fits you. I like it.” I moved my hands a little higher, taking an instinctive step forward.

“Oh, really?” He said, tucking one arm around me and securing me close to him.

“Frank!” we heard someone shout from outside.
“Frank! Let’s go, the wedding service is about to start!”

We both turned our heads and found his mom waving at the car Park. I took a step back and accommodated my dress, feeling shy.

“May I escort you, her Majesty?” Frank said, offering me his arm.
“Sure,” I said, giving him a shy smile and accepting his arm.

He guided our steps toward the car park where a few family members were waiting. There were flower designs on each of the cars.

“Terry, you look incredible,” Frank's mom said as soon as we got there.
“Absolutely beautiful.” She added.

“Thank you, ma,” I said with a polite smile. “You look stunning, ma. I love your hair.” She had curls on her hair that fell to one side, making her hat the center of attention.

We arrived at the church premises for the wedding. The Church hall was mapped out for the reception. It was well decorated.
The day was beautiful, the sun was up in the sky and there was not a single cloud trying to ruin this beautiful ceremony.

Everyone started finding their seats, I saw the groom, Frank's uncle walking to the aisle with his best man on his side. There was a pastor placing everything for the ceremony on a small podium.

Then we all turned around to find two little girls throwing flowers and that got everyone’s attention. When the little girl finished walking the aisle, we saw the bride walking in, escorted by her chief bridesmaid. They both looked beautiful, but the bride was…. Wow! She looked so beautiful. She was almost at the altar when I felt a hand sliding to hold mine, our fingers tangling almost naturally. It took me by surprise, of course, making me snap my eyes from the bride to our locked hands and then to Frank's face. A smile stung his lips.

He looked back at me for a second, telling me he wasn’t planning to move his hand away and I really didn’t mind.

During the whole ceremony, I felt butterflies in my stomach, not even for a moment did he let my hand slip away. When they were talking their vows, I felt his fingers caress the inside of my hand, sending chills throughout my whole body. The entire situation was playing with my feelings.

Soon enough, the new couple kissed as husband and wife for the first time and everyone in the church cheered for them, including us. They left the altar and walked down the aisle, staring at each other with loving eyes.

I smiled, weddings always make me smile.
"Let's go find our table," he said to my ear, leading our steps.

At the reception hall, we found our table and soon enough we hit the bar. I was so nervous to ease down a little bit.
The hall was completely decorated. Every single detail distracted me and I had to control my head from moving all around. Some coll music blasted from the speakers.

"Here you go." He finally let go of my hand and grabbed some drinks, handing me one.
"Let's make a toast."
"To the newlyweds?" I asked but he shaked his head and said no.
"To us." He said instead, making my cheeks once again turn pink.
"To find our way and happiness along the way."

I smiled, moving my glass to clink his.

"Cheers," I said, smiling at him.

We both took a drink at the same time, feeling a warm feeling around us.

"I think your mom is calling us," I said, noticing she was wearing at us from the table.

To be continued…
©️ Frank The Writer

Please, Like, Comment, and Share!!
Don’t be a ghost reader

Follow me on Facebook

@ Frank The Writer

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by hotswagg12: 12:44pm On Feb 06, 2023
Thanks for the update boss

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Ann2012(f): 1:49pm On Feb 06, 2023
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Golden2100: 10:53am On Feb 07, 2023
Thanks for the update more updates pls

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 10:16pm On Feb 07, 2023
Thanks for the updates Oga Frank!
You do well

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 12:33am On Feb 10, 2023
Episode 15

~ Theresa's POV ~

He guided our steps, his arm around my waist. I hate to admit it but I liked how affectionate he was being. I didn’t want to get confused and jump to conclusions but it was difficult for me to just ignore it.

We were seated at the table next to the bride, along with two other couples. It was then I noticed that Frank's mom came with someone, and looking around, I noticed everyone at the wedding had a partner, even the kids came in pairs. Two floral vases on each table, two flower girls, two dance floors, and even two cakes. Amazing!

“Stephanie, this is my son, Frank I told you about.” Said Frank's mom to the lady next to her as soon as we arrived at the table. “We work together, Frank.” She added.

“Nice to meet you,” he shook her hand politely, a sleek smile on his face.
“And this beautiful lady here is Theresa,” Frank's mom introduced me as well, making me blush a little.

“How are you?” she said, shaking my hands.
“I’m fine,” I simply uttered.
“What a beautiful couple you too make,” she said with a warm smile at the two of us.

“Thank you,” Frank said right before I tried to correct her. He pulled me a bit closer to him with his hand on his waist.

What game was he playing? Whatever it is, it made my stomach fill with butterflies and I was enjoying it.

Soon enough, the food was served and we all started enjoying our food. The first plate was a salad with a lot of colors and a delicious dressing.

Everyone at the table was listening to Stephanie’s partner, he was talking about the economic reforms in the country and honestly, it was not an interesting topic for me but I still listened carefully to what he said.

“But don’t you think that’s a harsh move? The rich keep getting richer and the poor getting poorer,” Frank said, moving his fork directly to my plate. I had to stop moving my hand for a second, suppressing a laugh. He was taking the salad off my plate.

After they finish their talk and just when Frank was about to pinch another salad out of my plate, I whispered to his ear, “Old habits die hard, huh?”

“I just can’t believe you don’t like salads. They are delicious.” He said, shaking his head at me.

“We're not having this conversation again,” I faced him and smiled.
“Besides, I don’t mind at all. You can have them all.”

“You're willing to give all your salad to me?” He said with a surprised smile. “For the rest of your life?”

“That’s a weird proposal.” I tried my best to not laugh.
“Okay. At least for the rest of your salad?” He smiled widely, leaning a little closer.

The meal ended up sooner than I expected and just when we were about to finish our meal, a man spoke on the microphone and called for the newlyweds to the dance floor for their first dance. We all turned around, forgetting about our plates.

“This must be good,” Frank said to me, turning around as well. “My uncle has never been much of a dancer.”

“Oh, leave him alone,” said Frank's mom, smacking her son’s arm. You can’t dance either.”

“I know he can’t dance…,” I mumbled.

“What did you say, Terry?” he looked at me, hiding something behind his smile.

A soft high life song started playing. Even when everyone's eyes were set on the bride and groom, his eyes were on me. I giggled. It made him snap a smile.

When they finished dancing, everyone else was invited to join them, this time an afrobeat track by Flavour started playing and a few people stood up from their tables to join them. Then I felt a hand on my arm practically making me stand up.

“Come on, I’m going to prove you wrong.” He said to me and looked at me with playful eyes and before I could protest, he pulled from my hand band and made me walk right behind him.

“Frank….Frank!” I tried to stop him but he was stronger than me. We were on the dance floor in just a couple of steps. “This is embarrassing.” I laughed, looking right at him.

“I do remember how well you dance.” He took a step closer, looking at me with his sexy eyes and hugging my waist with just one arm.

“So come here and dance with me.”

I laughed and rolled my eyes. He took that as his cue to start guiding our moves.
“You are really annoying. You know that, right? I said to his ear, and a smile was plastered on my face.

“Oh, I know very much that…” he said, moving his mouth closer to my ear.
I rolled my eyes again, biting my lip, trying to lush everything away.

We danced to a total of three songs. Frank wasn’t a bad dancer. He wasn’t one Poco Lee but he wasn’t a bad dancer. The DJ knew his job so well and he had been playing the right song that made everyone stay on the dance floor.

We eventually retired from dancing and returned to sitting. Frank got a bottle of wine and asked for a glass. This time it was just the both of us.

“It's great, isn’t it?” he said, moving his glass in circles while looking in the distance. “Just being rounded by family while having a good time.”
“Yeah, it’s great indeed,” I said with a sigh, a nostalgic smile on my lips. “Your family is nice. They seem pretty close.”

“Yeah, we are.” He took a sip of the drink.
“Well, they are. I barely spent time with them anymore.”
“I miss my family, too,” I uttered.

“Oh! Really? Are they aware you are in Asaba?”
“Who would possibly tell them? You?”

We busted into laughter.

“Frank! Here you are! I have been looking for you everywhere!” His mother came forward to where we sat.

“Sorry if I’m interrupting you both but there are some people I would like you to meet. Hope you don’t mind if I take him for a little bit, Terry?”

“Oh, no. Not at all. Go ahead.” I smiled at her, patting Frank's arm while I tried to fill my lungs with oxygen because for some reason they weren’t receiving any.

“He's all yours,” I said.
“I’ll be right back,” he said to me, nodding his head at me and walking with his mom.

I stayed back while he walked away. Then I looked at him from afar and looked at how he shook the hand of men his mon introduced him to. He was far from me and I didn’t feel so bad for staring.

It was difficult to see him in this environment. He had always been a confident person but in there, he wasn’t only confident but he was in his safe zone. He was with his family, he had nothing to worry about.

Looking at him laughing at something I couldn’t hear from where I was. I felt like we never lost contact. I even felt something… something inside of me, something that you don’t feel for someone you just met once. I was infatuated. And I was scared. I wasn’t sure if I should feel that way. It made me turn around, looking somewhere else.

Two days ago, I had my mind on one thing and one thing only; moving back to my family in Calabar and looking forward to what the future holds for me, but then my mind was shaken by a hidden feeling that was forgotten.

“Miss Terry?” I heard someone call me. I turned to my right and I found Mary, the girl that invited me to her mom’s birthday party last night.

“Mary! Hi,” I said.
“I didn’t know you are here with us,” she said.

“Oh! Yeah. I love weddings. I mean, I’m here for Frank's uncle's wedding.
“Oh! That’s true. You came here with your boyfriend.” She asked, pointing at Frank.
“Oh! He’s not my boyfriend.” I said, kind of tired of having to explain that I’m just his date.

“I see,” she said, taking a sip of her wine.
“How is he doing?” someone told me at the table that he had decided to quit his music stuff.

“He what?” I tilt my head to one side.
“I.. I didn’t know about that.” I took the glass to my lips but I couldn’t take a sip. Damn! He didn’t tell me.
“I guess he will still tell you.”

“Yeah,” I said, frowning without even controlling it.

But why didn’t Frank tell me? We talked about it the other day.
I looked at him, at how he was smiling at his mom and enjoying conversation and it made me wonder what he was going through.

“So when are you going back to base?” Mary questioned.
“Um, I told Frank I will be going to Lagos with him but right now I think I have changed my mind. I will be going back to my family from here.

“You are moving to Calabar?” A third voice joined us, making us both turn around to find Frank standing right behind us.

“Frank.” I opened my mouth to say something but nothing came out.

He walked away instantly, leaving us both. His countenance spoke volumes of sadness. My heart began to race. I followed right behind, almost running to reach him.
“Frank!” I followed him. He was walking fast, so it was hard for me to keep his pace.

To be continued…
©Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

2 Likes

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by hotswagg12: 5:17am On Feb 10, 2023
Thanks for the update. This story is very interesting and captivating.
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 11:45pm On Feb 12, 2023
Episode 16

❌Do Not Copy or Repost ❌

~ Theresa's POV ~

He kept walking, not paying attention to my calls.

“Can you stop for a moment?” I said when I was lacking my breath. He finally stopped and I was relieved. I was literally panting.

“When were you going to tell me, Terry?” he asked, turning around to look at me.
“I.. I don’t know. I was going to tell you later that I changed my mind.” I looked him in the eyes.

“Well, at least you’re sincere.” He said, now with a sarcastic smile on his face. He then turned around, taking a step away from me.

“Frank, you don’t understand.” I moved my eyes away also. I had an achy feeling in my chest as if I were guilty of something but I wasn’t. I shouldn’t be feeling this way.

“I made that decision for myself. I’d like to go back home.” I tried to explain. “But even when I think of Lagos and all the amazing things I experienced there, the feeling doesn’t go away. And then, you called and this weekend happened, confusing the shit out of me.”

“So you’re leaving. You’re really moving there.” He said with an upset tone in his voice. Our eyes met, and he looked as if he was angry.

“Why are you even upset? You have no right to be.” I pointed out, raising my voice a bit. “You also have something to tell me.”

“Hmmm.. Really? And what could it be?”
“Your music career! When were you going to tell me that you are no longer interested in it?” I raised an eyebrow at him, crossing my arms on my chest. He remained quiet. “I rest my case then.”

Everything just suddenly vanished away. The cute words from today at the ceremony, the gazes we shared, his little apology last night, the kiss the other night, the laughter.. in the car, everything… I mean everything.

“I was going to tell you, I..I just…” He ran a hand through his hair, he looked nervous.

“You know what, Frank? You don’t owe me an explanation.” I said, leaving a huge sigh. I have always hated arguments with people and this time wasn’t an exception

“Just like I don’t owe you one either.”
“No, Terry, you don’t understand…” He tried to stop me from talking but I was just tired of all this.

“No, let’s just leave it like this,” I said, throwing my hands in the air. “We are nothing more than just a couple of strangers that met a few months ago at the radio station and now trying to pretend we are something when we don’t even tell each other shit. Eight damn months passed, eight! We are even more strangers now that then we…”

“Terry, just stop. I’m not prepared for this unhealthy conversation now!” He yelled, cutting me off. “I’m not ready to talk about it. I’m not ready to place my feet on the ground to realize that I left my music and think of what I’m going to do next because…” He moved his hand to his head, pulling from his hair. “Because I don’t even know what the Bleep I’m going to do.”

He turned around, running a hand through his hair for the millionth time.
“I don’t want to bring up how shitty my life is right now when…” He sighed. “You seem to have your life figured out.”

“I…” I chuckle. I was surprised he said that. “I don’t have my life figured out,” I said immediately.

“So why the sudden change of…”

“Frank… just a week ago or so I decided Lagos is the place I want to live in.” I smiled, just thinking about it. “I don’t know where I’m going to live, I don’t have a job there, I don’t even know if it’s going to work out but…I have to try.” I took a step closer to him.

“So I don’t have everything figured out as you think.”
He just stood there looking at me, his lips closes in a tight line.

“And… I’m sorry.” I said, moving my eyes down feeling a bit overwhelmed by his stare. “I didn’t know you were going through this. You could have told me.”
“You are really moving to Calabar?” He took a minute to respond. His question sounded hurt like he doesn’t want to believe it.
“Yes, I am,” I said shyly.

He sighed, turning around, and running his hand through his hair. I don’t know why I always feel so distant from him whenever we stood just a step away. Why do I feel my heart a bit broken? Why do I feel like he’s feeling the same way?

“This is it, isn’t it?” He said, his voice was low but I heard it clear as water. He turned around slowly, he had a slight frown on his face, a glimpse in his eyes. I nodded my head, I’m going back home. No more Nysc, no more Lagos.

“Then… I don’t want to waste any time.” He took the step that was separating us and held my face in his hands, leaning in closer and kissing me so soft but so strong at the same time. This time, we were in a corner where no one could see us. I placed my hands over him, not quite stopping the kiss but he stopped, resting his forehead in mine.

“I…” Frank started saying something but I moved one finger over his mouth, not letting him speak.

I went closer to him and kissed him, my hand holding the back of his neck, securing him, and not wanting to let go of his lips. With his face in my hands and his lips on my lips, I didn’t care about anything else than the kiss. Those long months that he didn’t call vanished away from my mind.

“Terry…” He moved his lips away for a moment. “Wait…” I opened my eyes, wanting to close the gap between us again. I looked at him, his thumb running on my cheek.

“I don’t want you to think I’m using you,” his eyes looked ashamed
I didn’t respond right away, his eyes were mesmerizing in the sunset light. I sure know what to do. This time I will be the one to tell him what he meant to me.
“Come with me,” I said, convinced of what I’m going to do. “I have to show you something.”

I took his hand in mine and started walking towards his car, getting away from the wedding. He didn’t hesitate to follow me, so I just kept walking.
“Come inside,” I said as I opened the back door. He climbed inside and sat close to the window. He couldn’t figure out what I was up to.

While he was there, I reached for my bag and brought out my diary. I opened it and began to search for the write-up I had penned down on the day we first met. I felt he needed to see them now. I didn’t plan on telling him or showing them to him. But I felt kike this was what I had to do.

“I… I don’t know where to start.” I shut the door and closed the book, seating very close to him.
“My journey was just beginning and as more places, I visited the more inspired I was…” I opened the diary for him to see. I felt a warm feeling inside my chest. Frank was just staring at me.

“I wrote epistle about you on my diary after we met that very day.” I touched the pages of the diary. He then looked at me, but my focus was on the book; my diary. I remembered the days I couldn’t sleep I took it against the paper.

“Terry…” He took the diary from me, his eyes going through the writings. He kept looking at it page after page, moving his finger to where I wrote “I have been waiting for you to call”. He grinned.

“This is beautiful. You must be a good writer.”
“Um, maybe. Thank you for the compliment, anyway.” I blushed.
“You are welcome. So, tell me, why did you bring it now?”

“Because I want you to know that even if I’m moving to Calabar…” I paused. I sighed. I didn’t know this was going to be this difficult to say.

Frank was calmly waiting for me to complete my sentence. “Go on.. I’m all ears,” He said.

“A part of you will stay forever with me.”
He then turned completely and faced me eyeball to eyeball, his eyes were glossy, a frown on his brows.

“I was really a fool for not going after you that first time.” He said, staring into my eyes until he blinked. “I'm not letting it happen again.”

Frank moved closer, taking my face in his hands, and leaning closer to kiss me. He kissed me hungrily. I liked how his lips felt; soft and so gentle but at the same time a bit rough. Mind you, we were inside his car. There were other cars parked there and no one could see us unless the person had to stare deep through the windscreen which was all wined up.

Frank gently laid me down, being careful so he wouldn't be hard on me. I didn’t stop him either. I had been craving this moment for so long. I could feel his weight over me. I couldn’t believe we were going to make love inside his car. Never done this before and it was about to go down. I felt my heart pounding in my chest rapidly.

“Are you…um, okay with this?” He asked, his voice sounding raspy.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Follow me up on Facebook
@ Frank The Writer

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by hotswagg12: 8:54am On Feb 13, 2023
Thanks for the update bro.
Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by Ann2012(f): 11:18pm On Feb 14, 2023
Well done OP

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 3:38pm On Feb 15, 2023
Omoh! It’s about to go down!!!
Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 10:08pm On Feb 15, 2023
Episode 17

❌Do Not Copy or Repost ❌

~ Theresa's POV~

I nodded my head, moving my hands to his jacket, and taking it off for him. He gave me a half smile, leaning over to kiss my lips again. This time, I felt his tongue over my lips, and in a matter of seconds our tongues connected, sending shivers all over my body. My hands were on his neck and up his hair. His locks of hair tangled between my fingers. Shyly, he moved his hand to my waist, grabbing me firmly.

After minutes of heated kissing, I sat up. He looked at me, waiting for me to move. I waited, just gazing at him totally lost in him. I’ve waited for a long time to do this. I moved my hands and started to unbutton his shirt, his gaze on me, making me blush. With each button undone, I let one single finger run down his perfectly toned, tattooed belly. He bites his lip, letting me touch him.

Then I moved my hands away, moving them to the zipper behind my neck, moving it down. I secured the front of the dress with one arm, moving my hair to my back. I couldn’t believe I was really doing that. He looked at me, noticing I was a bit nervous.

“Come here,” he said, sitting up to be at the same height as me, moving me closer to him and pecking my lips. My eyes were closed, not thinking about the nervous butterflies in my stomach. I allowed the dress to fall on the floor of the car.

He hugged me by my waist, our chests crashing together. His cold skin against my warm temperature felt electric. One of his hands went up my back, pushing me harder against him. We shared a gaze, I could no longer see his full eyes, only a thin line. It made the butterflies in my belly go crazy.

I kissed him, and slowly we started talking down the back seat, his lips never separating from mine. He managed to stay on top of me, his other hand moved my dress. Under his dark gaze, I felt my complete body get consumed by heat.
His eyes were full of lust, desire, and sin. And I couldn’t crave anything else more.

“Terry.” He breathed with the limit of a grin, moving his eyes to mine.
“You look so beautiful.”

One of his hands moved to my waist and he lifted my body while we kissed again and again. His hand went all over my body, down my neck to my chest, then down to my stomach, his front fingers holding me tight. Then to my legs, moving one of my knees up to hang his leg.

Frank finally let go of me for a second, breaking the kiss. He touched my cheek, making me open my eyes. I was in a daze, completely out of me.
I could feel how quickly his heart was beating. We both knew what was about to happen, we both wanted it to happen but the car was not convenient enough. We were devouring each other with only our eyes, so I nodded my head slowly, nervous, locking my bottom lip.

At that point, I didn’t know how much time passed, minutes, hours, I couldn’t tell. I was now on top of him while he held me and caressed the skin of my shoulder. For the first time in so long, I felt safe in a place that wasn’t geographical. It was a human body. I could stay there for the rest of my life, just enjoying the silence, a very comfortable silence.

While his fingers still circled my skin, I heard him hum a melody. It was slow and beautiful, a kind of melody to compose an acoustic song with.

“What’s that?” I asked for a few seconds, interrupting his humming.
“A song I’ve been stuck in for a while,” he said in a low tune.
“I can’t finish it. I don’t know how to, but it’s been ages since I have been stuck with it.”
“You'll get the inspiration to do it, I’m sure of it,” I said, closing my eyes.
“Maybe. Or maybe it will stay unfinished.” He softly said, his fingers stopped moving.

“You know it’s impressive how you can compose something out of nothing. A melody, a lyric, a moment, and a memory. It’s really impressive.”
“That's what I love about my career, it's pure passion, desire, love, made in music.” He grinned.

“Lucky you,” I said slowly, moving my hand to his cold chest, my fingers playing in there.
“You already do something you love.”

He released me, and we both moved to our side. He faced me, his arm hugging me by my waist.

“Are you really moving to Calabar?” He asked after moments of just enjoying his company, knowing we were avoiding the inevitable. We still haven’t opened up, we haven’t talked. We have to. I bite my lips not knowing what to say, ever before giving myself entirely to him.

Should I go back to Lagos with him? This amazing feeling that I was feeling? It was confusing me and giving me a bad feeling about it all. Then for a split second, I remembered the Terry I was at the beginning of the trip. I promised myself to find the place I wanted to start things up.

“Frank….” I pictured his heart shattering and I felt water in my eyes.
“I have to.”

“Why?” He frowned, looking sad. I looked away, feeling a weird pain in my chest.
“Because….” I sat up, holding my clothes to cover my body.

“Because I have to, Frank. That was the whole plan of my going back home. For me to…for me to find myself. For me to find that something, that place I belonged.”

He sat up as well and wined down the windscreen which enabled fresh air in.
“What I don’t understand is, that you didn’t tell me.” He sighed, I felt his eyes on me but I didn’t look back.

“You agreed initially to come back with me to Lagos then… probably before leaving…?”

“What did you expect me to do?” I turned and looked at him.
“You want me to follow you? To open my heart to you again and…not worrying about being forgotten?” I wore back my clothes.

“Why not?” He snapped back, raising his voice a bit. I know I f*cked up before, I know I didn’t call you and I apologized already. I don’t know what else you want me to make you understand.”

“I understand that but…,” I breathed, moving my eyes away from him.

What is happening to me? Why do I feel this way now? After what we just did?

“But what, Terry?” He opened the left side of the back door.
“Why not, Terry?” He repeated himself.

“Yes, but….,” I opened my mouth, but no words came out of it. So he continued.
“No but, babe. What are you afraid of?” He asked, leaving a sigh. “I don’t understand why do you open up to me. Why did you give all of you to me if you’re not planning to stay?”

I still didn’t answer, feeling weaker and weaker as each second passed.
“What are you afraid of Terry? Tell me,” He insisted, taking a step closer to me.
“I’m afraid of losing myself again.” I finally said the words came out easily. I didn’t even know I was holding these words inside of me and I felt as if a huge weight left my chest.

“I'm afraid that if I let myself go one more time, I lose the Terry I managed to become today. The Terry that after months of being lost, not knowing who she was, finally has hope, finally has a place she feels she belongs, friends, she could count on. I’m afraid of losing that strong me, Frank.”

Once again, the silence consumed the car. I still feel that weird feeling, that pressure in my chest consuming me.

Frank sat there, his back facing me. I felt a tear rub down my cheek, I was holding those words for so long. He finally broke the silence, it felt like an eternity.

“You're the first good thing that has happened to me in so long. You…,” He breathed again, his voice almost breaking. “You make me feel like I’m not so lost after all.”

I swallowed hard before letting another tear leave my eye. Then I did something because I didn’t know what else to do. I opened the other side of the car and climbed down.

Tears fell, my heart in my throat and my mind in my numbness. What was happening to me? I wanted this, I wanted him to open up to me. I wanted to share everything with him, and we did. But I couldn’t handle it. It was a feeling I couldn’t control.
I found myself in the midst of people at the reception catching my breath. I felt someone helping me sit up and it was the hands of Mary.

“What happened?” She asked, worried. “Are you okay?”
She allowed me to breathe, she sat with me at the table and waited patiently for me to speak. It took me some minutes until the feeling in my chest disappeared. It’s been so long since the last time I felt this way, confused with mixed feelings about everything.

Why am I having a panic attack right now? Do I stay with him? Do I let myself go? Is my place really in Calabar? Everything was so clear days ago and now, I'm just confused.

It felt like the beginning of my journey, I felt like that Terry leaving for the University. Like that Terry hoping for someone to call. That Terry going from town to town, meeting new people and not feeling complete. That shadow of me was still hurting me.

My heart was divided in two, the inner me that wants to be happy and free, and the other side of me, craving to be with him. It all tied up to one thing, him. He confused me.

“I can’t say,” I said, it was hard for me to form those words. I still felt the knot in my throat.

“I can’t, Frank.”

Another tear trickled down my eyes, the pain in my chest was almost unbearable.
“Don't run away from me, Terry.” He whispered, I felt his embrace tightening around me. “Please.”

I turned to look at him, looking straight into his eyes, maybe for the last time, I don’t know. I moved my hands to hold his face and kissed him, knowing maybe that would be the last time I would taste his lips.

“I’m sorry,” I said, not having the courage to look him in the eye. “Maybe we will stay unfinished line. Just like your story.”

I pecked his lips one last time before going back to where the car was packed. My mind was made. I’d pack my things as soon as we get back home.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Follow me up on Facebook
@ Frank The Writer

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by YoungBruzzy(m): 12:03am On Feb 16, 2023
That is a very tough call from Terry but I respect her courage to make such a big decision. Just maybe, they might end up together.
Thanks for the update OP

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by hotswagg12: 9:32am On Feb 16, 2023
This is getting interesting. Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Adventures With Theresa 18+ by frankwriter(m): 8:09pm On Feb 17, 2023
Episode 18

~ Theresa's POV ~

The following day, before everyone was up, I had arranged my clothes neatly inside my bag. I’d sure miss the beautiful guest room. I’d miss Frank, his family, and most especially his mother, but then I wasn’t going to inform them about my sudden disappearance. My mind was made to leave unannounced. Only Frank was aware my mind was made up to leave that morning but there was one thing he knew not about. And that was my sudden change of mind. I realized going to Calabar wasn’t the best option for me. Most of my belongings were still in Lagos, and I couldn’t tell when next I’d go there if I decided to travel down to Calabar.

I was simply a mess for getting upset unnecessarily and making careless decisions. I should have relaxed and gone back with him to Lagos, but then I couldn’t stoop low to tell him that I wasn’t going to Calabar anymore. I was simply full of myself, proud and arrogant almost ruined me during that period.

I left Frank's apartment very early in the morning. Mary was the only person who saw me that morning. She knew I wasn’t happy but she was kind to give me directions when I asked her how I’d find my way. She gave me directions on how to navigate to the Asaba toll gate where I’d get a bus heading to Lagos. I thanked her and we bid each other goodbye. She requested my number, so we exchanged contacts as well. Mary promised to call me later in the day. I just hope I don’t get lost and regret my stupid decision.

Well, I followed Mary’s instructions and found myself at Tollgate. I remember her telling me to be careful enough and avoid entering the wrong bus. Just like she said, the place was crowded with young boys and a few elderly men hunting for passengers.

I held my bags tightly in my right hand and my phone in my left. I eventually found a white bus with few passengers after waiting for like 15 minutes. All thanks to some cash Frank gave to me the previous night when he realized I was really going to leave. I could see anger and sadness boldly written on his face that night when he banged the door and left.

When I paid the driver, I went to the extreme back and sat quietly like a cat. I put my earphone in my ears. Several voices were echoing in my head. I told him I’d be heading to Calabar but there I was on my way back to Lagos without his consent. Like how did I end up this way? Frank would be mad at me if he found out I eventually went alone.

Long story short, my trip from Asaba to Lagos was not long compared to when Frank and I traveled from Lagos to Asaba. We arrived safely at Ojota around 3:30 pm
I quickly texted my guy that I was back in Lagos. You know who I'm referring to right? I mean Michael. The dude that went with me that morning to Frank's apartment before we began the trip.

Michael was just smiling sheepishly when he arrived at my apartment. The first thing I remembered when I sighted him was the last thing he said that morning before the taxi drove him away. “Don't forget to use a condom.” I couldn’t hold the laughter from inside even when I was actually not happy.

But he knew me so well. When he arrived and noticed I was quiet, he knew I was usually talkative, he knew something was happening. I had to tell him about our fights, about Frank's mom and his family, about everything Frank told me that weekend. I told him that he said he really cared about me, about what happened after the wedding and finally, I told him that I had to leave, I couldn’t handle it.

Thinking about that weekend now that I went back to Lagos, I felt torn. I was happy and excited but I couldn’t erase everything that I felt with Frank. I still felt a sting in my chest thinking about the wonderful moments we shared in such a short time. But I always need to remember this, even when sometimes it was hard: I did this for me. It was the beginning and I deserved happiness, with or without a partner.

Michael was really comprehensive when I told him. He supported me but he also defended him. He made me realize he wasn’t wrong either. I do remember when Michael convinced me to text him myself after we first met at the radio station but Frank didn’t answer. That was my last bit of hope. So, yes, I deserve this time for myself.

I promised myself to never be let down by someone anymore and I was really trying my best to not let it affect me. It was inevitable but I was trying to move on. It already happened once and I managed to survive. I was sure I could survive again. I just needed time and keep my head distracted.

I was glad Michael came around to my apartment. I badly wish he was always free to visit me. I followed him out and that was when I noticed my neighbor had actually parked out and a new tenant had occupied. The people inside the apartment had colorful curtains that one could easily see.

“Thank you, Mike. See you some other time.”
“And you too, Terry. Take care of yourself.”

We bid each other goodbye while I watched him walk to the other lane of the street. People were walking around, not so many cars, and it seemed the street was dry. I walked back down the street after seeing him off.

The rest of the afternoon went by so rapidly. After I unpacked everything in my back, I took a nap for an hour plus. I woke up really hungry. The sun was still up but it was evening already, I decided to take a quick shower and go grab something and eat. Maybe at the Buka or restaurant around.

I found one eatery two streets away. I was tired of eating at the regular places I normally eat, so I said it was high time I try a new place and I was glad it was worth it. Their food was tasty and yummy.

While I was going back, just before making the turn to my street, I found myself staring into a Confectionary shop. It had a well-designed flyer that had the inscription “Help wanted” I quickly copied the number on the flyer. I may not be an expert in cake and other confectionaries stuff but I knew a thing or two.
Someone walked out while I was writing down the number.

“Are you interested?” Asked the lady. I simply nodded my head affirmatively.
“Alright, give me a call tomorrow. I need someone soon.”
“Alright, ma. I will.” I smiled in response.
“Okay, take care.” She walked away.

Finally, I arrived home. I took out the rechargeable lamp by the bedside. It was 7:28 pm. I dressed the bed and the pillow. I didn’t have the strength to do my thing again. So, I jumped on the bed with my clothes on.

I finally took my phone out after so many hours of being part from it. Being distracted helped me a lot not to think about things I didn’t have to think about. When I scrolled through my phone, I noticed Mary and Frank had called me earlier.

I was alone on my bed, without anyone to talk to before going to bed. It brought memories to my mind, memories of someone I shouldn’t be thinking about. So I decided to call Michael to distract myself. He was my best friend and even if I last saw him this evening, I missed him already. We both talked for an hour; it was a WhatsApp call.

At the end of the conversation, he told me he might be coming to visit next weekend. The idea of having him around made me smile.

When we finished talking, I was already inside the covers ready to fall asleep. I put my phone away and fell asleep, not having Frank in my head this time.

To be continued…
Frank The Writer

Don’t be a ghost reader

Frank The Writer

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Diary Of David / The Worst Ending A John Grisham Book Ever Had! / High School Love: A Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 238
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.