Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,946 members, 7,828,319 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? (41267 Views)

Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by kunle75(m): 1:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?

YES YES YES YOU SHOULD BE WORRIED.

But pray to God and leave everything else at his feet.
My reason is simple, there is no one who goes for studies and won't want to end up having their permanent stay and after their stud and perhaps start working and earning good.

Even though there are numerous ways of achieving that,but ONE of the easiest windows to achieve that is through marriage to their citizens .

This might brings some strains you don't factor/expect in your plans now much later if that happens. Am just saying in case you guys gets to that point.
You need to discuss this with her before her departure, should such things eventually be the only ways available for her to achieve her dream of bringing you and your daughter in the near future.
But you never know. I wish you best of luck.

Please don't quote me because me I don't know anything ooo.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by GodsOwn2004(m): 1:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?

Hope you have a good support from your in-laws regarding your baby.

You have nothing to fear.

You need to start working on your spousal open work permit and VV for your baby,to enable you join your wife as soon possible.

Please, commit the entire process into God's hands.

We are in same shoes.

It can be tasking emotionally. Please be prepared to face it and keep your marriage tight.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Prometheus666: 1:27pm On Nov 18, 2022
blacksam01:

dont mind the mumu man...that will b tge end of his marriage....
The marriage might survive but a sexless woman is a loaded gun, therefore nature demands that she has sex to stay sane, in which case, the husband must permit her to have sex with another out there.

Nature must override logic always. Because logic is a function within nature.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by tegrianonigltd(m): 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .
I love and I trust her just having a private thought of WHAT IF

You are a great realist, humans can change, Canada cold, we don’t really know what life can bring, my advice be say, make Una no pass 3-6 months before you join her, make e no enter the 7th months, I Dey abroad, I know how this women change, but I pray your woman remain a good woman. I wish you all success and luck.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by oluxy(m): 1:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Smile..,
The chances are 1/1
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by AreaFada2: 1:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
Dude, there is a FP topic of a pregnant lady caught by her hubby in bed with a pastor.

Even if you live in the same house with your wife, nothing is guaranteed. Around 35% of first born kids and 25% of all kids belong to a man outside. So the kids millions of men are rearing don't belong to them.

The risk of cheating is probably not bigger if she went to Canada than in 9ja. In fact sexual harassment fear (men are afraid to hit on women anyhow) reduces chances of women cheating at work abroad than the regular way bosses bang married women in 9ja.
With her sponsorship, she won't need to marry a guy to get her papers in Canada. This exigency is a major reason why people ditch 9ja hubby/wife to marry to get papers abroad. Survival.

Unless you are quite wealthy and she has enough money, the only risky angle is established 9ja guys dangling support and money. Because money can be very tight as a newbie. Developed countries are quite expensive. Especially Canada, UK, Australia, Switzerland and Scandinavia. Some US cities like NYC, LA, DC, Boston and San Francisco too.

In all, don't worry too much but try and join her as soon as possible. Hustling together is much better.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by FavouredNK: 1:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .

Please don't listen to any toxic advice from this forum, the most important thing is that you trust your wife and you are being a real man. Just do your own bit and leave the rest to God almighty who will not allow your marriage to ruin, there's also no guarantee that you too may not make certain mistakes assuming you are the one traveling first. So it's all about trusting God for guidance and believing that he will make all things right for by strength shall no man prevail.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Progressives4lov(m): 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Forget about that relationship if you allow her travel to Canada that is my point and am talking from experience
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by TheLasyBuddha: 1:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Absolutely nothing to worry about.
I recently got married and my wife left for Canada about a month ago for a long-term programme. It's just for me to join her, that's all.

You should be concerned about joining her, not harbouring fearful thoughts.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by blacksam01: 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Prometheus666:
The marriage might survive but a sexless woman is a loaded gun, therefore nature demands that she has sex to stay sane, in which case, the husband must permit her to have sex with another out there.

Nature must override logic always. Because logic is a function within nature.

women and men are not same thing.. women sex with their emotions..men do same for mostly pride.....so for a woman..everysex activity is simply more than just sex...this is aside just sex workers
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by LegalIcon: 1:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
Hello bro. Pls, don't be afraid cos you might end up becoming insecure and then loose your marriage ad a result. This is what most people do now to avoid the heartbreak from visa refusal. The visa officers want applicants to show that they would return upon the completion of their studies, hence applicants must show proof of home ties which could be perfectly done by saying that she was applying alone and that she has a husband and daughter back in Nigeria. Her chances would be greater than that of an applicant who's applying with his/her entire. That may suggest an inference to the visa officers that the applicant wan japa with his family, which Canadian visa officers don't want to hear. Now that she already got her visa, yourself and your daughter can now apply,using her study permit. As for you the husband, apply for an open work permit while your daughter applies for visitor visa. You both will be given visas that covers exactly the period on your wife's visa.
Now, back to your wife's issue, the truth is abroad, especially Canada is not a place where people just go and they forget their partners. The bills you go settle are enough to keep you focused. Also, it's not easy to find people to date like that ooo.
Lastly, I did exactly the same thing to come to Canada. My wife and my two boys came first while I went to study in South Korea and I came here to join them after almost 1 year. You can reach me for more details. No shaking brother. Congratulations.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by bluestone2015: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
She should've added you as a spouse and added your daughter in her application.
She can't pick her child without your consent. You'll always be carried along.
There is no problem.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by prophetfire: 1:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....
If it works out as u want...good...
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex... humans can be unpredictable..understand say na survival mode she switch to...

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter right now...
Sorry bro. You are in for a rough ride. There's no assurance that you can have her back. Just pray that she doesn't ruin your life while trying to establish her independence over there.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Prometheus666: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
blacksam01:

women and men are not same thing.. women sex with their emotions..men do same for mostly pride.....so for a woman..everysex activity is simply more than just sex...this is aside just sex workers

Are you a woman? Or a sex worker?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by nedekid: 1:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
It is only natural for you to be worried. Truelly funny things happen.
What I think you should do I blank your mind, let her go. Relate with her with a positive mind. Don't probe minor suspicions you may have. Your focus is to join her as fast as possible. As I always say, couples should not be Seperated for long periods because body no be firewood.
Those niggars abroad are like animals especially in country that is cold.
Just imagine early this month I was with my younger sis in this big store where they sell home products. She was checking out one kind of cover cloth that is very thick and furry. That was how this fellow walks next to her and tells her she does not need that cover cloth, say him be man enough to keep her warm if her hubby no de! Omo, my sister shout say make my wife (who was close by) come here waiting this man talk ohh! Lol
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Monaboo(m): 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

It's 50:50

Just prepare for the worst
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by naikeboy(m): 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
If u worry yourself cos of women... U go die and another man go day bang her on a steady steady bro... Worry not bro...
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by CaptainFM1: 1:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Your story na "O ti lo' case"

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by BigYash: 1:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
sihamey:

I no go shout Amen wink
Your gender worst pass because one woman fu€k up means say every woman go do same @op don’t mind the woman haters here for your sanity seek
grin My gender is very responsible.. Ask op cheesy Me no know say na babe I mention o.. I no dey like mention you gender for this forum.. E get why
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Pavard: 2:03pm On Nov 18, 2022
This was helpful

AreaFada2:

Dude, there is a FP topic of a pregnant lady caught by her hubby in bed with a pastor.

Even if you live in the same house with your wife, nothing is guaranteed. Around 35% of first born kids and 25% of all kids belong to a man outside. So the kids millions of men are rearing don't belong to them.

The risk of cheating is probably not bigger if she went to Canada than in 9ja. In fact sexual harassment fear (men are afraid to hit on women anyhow) reduces chances of women cheating at work abroad than the regular way bosses bang married women in 9ja.
With her sponsorship, she won't need to marry a guy to get her papers in Canada. This exigency is a major reason why people ditch 9ja hubby/wife to marry to get papers abroad. Survival.

Unless you are quite wealthy and she has enough money, the only risky angle is established 9ja guys dangling support and money. Because money can be very tight as a newbie. Developed countries are quite expensive. Especially Canada, UK, Australia, Switzerland and Scandinavia. Some US cities like NYC, LA, DC, Boston and San Francisco too.

In all, don't worry too much but try and join her as soon as possible. Hustling together is much better.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Nnamaka1: 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
It's a 50/50 case as rightly pointed out by fellow nairalanders. Western world usually give false liberation to females.

If she truly loves and respect you, you will always have your wife. But if she has been faking it and just tolerating you all this while. Well start bracing for the turbulence that is sure to come.

What normally happen is that she will get lonely, then start mixing with the lost ones who will mislead her, then she will stop appreciating you and according the due respect to you.

The best advice I have for you is that just be a man, brace up. Focus on bettering/improving yourself, infact that should be your priority. And pray for your family daily. The world doesn't like good things. And don't nag her once you see her drifting away. It's really a tough one brother.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by brandsoncharlie: 2:06pm On Nov 18, 2022
advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....
If she change and follow another man with settled status then ghost you....no vex... humans can be unpredictable..understand say na survival mode she switch to...

Wateva happens, u go dey alright las las .but no overthink the matter right now...
Which can survival mode is that, married woman for that matter. There's no shame again.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Tunagee(m): 2:08pm On Nov 18, 2022
Not every Nigerian woman is wayward, no matter the pressures. The poster should know the kind of woman he got married to. Some women wont do such no matter the pressures, cold, financial pressures, or green card; they still know they are disciplined, responsible and God fearing christians.
A woman can also be living with you, and be flirting or be having extramarital affairs without you knowing. So it all depends on who he or she is, and what he/she is carried away with. If you marry a sex freak who cant do without sex for a week without discipline, then you are on your own; and if you married a lady who is self contented too, then fine. Cold or no cold, discipline na discipline. Op, know who you got married to. Simple!! Not every woman likes sex as such so as to lose her marital dignity. And if the unexpected happens, then she is not yours. Let her go! Marriage is no longer helping as it used to; i wonder why pwople are still getting married sef
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Bananapill: 2:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

You should not worry lest the thing you fear come upon you. Be supportive as you have been from the beginning and in no time, you will join her with your daughter. You are a man.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by obayemi204(m): 2:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
This is the best advise so far and the op doesn't even seem to care about it.
You will regret not working on the second paragraph for not less than a year after you land in canada if you dont start working on it now as suggested.
ayandee:
Op stop disturbing yourself unnecessarily. Many Women have come here to study and filed for their husband and kids to join them shortly after. That happens more often and it is not reported in the media. Only the very few négative stories seep into the média.

Congratulations on your wife's admission and visa. Start getting ready to join her soon. Spend this time researching into the certifications necessary in your field and start planning on how to get them done to increase your prospects of a good job at landing.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
If your relationship was okay or good, there is nothing to worry about.

Plan how to move her from student to PR. Congrats.

teamc:

Should I be worried?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:24pm On Nov 18, 2022
A man with settled status will not marry a married lady with kids.

advanceDNA:

Na 50/50....

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
So did you apply as dependents or you withdrew your dependence application?

What is she studying (level)? Can she apply for PR next?

What of your baby?
teamc:

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Kamsiroyce: 2:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
Only men who do not treat their wives well will be worried about this. If your wife is your best friend, you should support her and keep in mind that it is a win for the home as a unit. I know some some won't like this. Some will even be scared because she is going alone (no child, no husband). Insecure people everywhere
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by ak22(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

you fall my hand. wey everybody dey go with family
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
It is okay to share and gain perspective.

As you can see, most commenters, including you, I, ednut1, are telling him that there's nothing to worry about (especially if they were okay pre-travel).

Worriedwife:

Continue having a private thought on a public forum. Untill nlders scatter ur marriage for u,, dats when u would rest

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.