Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,987 members, 7,828,493 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? (41268 Views)

Vibration On Niger Bridge: Motorists Worried / Travelling To Russia For The 2018 World Cup Let’s Meet Here / 5 Passengers Burnt To Death After Bus Catches Fire While Travelling To Rivers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:29pm On Nov 18, 2022
There are also sensible people. OP will get all the opinions. The onus is on teamc to discern what will help him/them.
sihamey:
Op you shouldn’t have come to NairaLand to seek for advise on family matters there are lots of WOMAN HATER here they will scatter your marriage wink grin
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by bigtt76(f): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Be very worried ooo ....cold de there cheesy

teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your friend may be worried about how he will survive, what work he will do, if he wil earn more.

Tell your friend to get his head out of the gutter and move. Doesn't he know that his wife is lonely. Especially if she's above 30, preek fit dey hard her to see. Work all day and come back to an empty house. Plus 2 incomes make everything better.

What your friend is doing is evil. At least let him visit for 1 month first.

realestate99:
This life Sha, while my friend here has been evading his wife's invitation to Canada 3 times in a row, said he does not love living outside Nigeria and has no clue on how to tell his wife...O.p don't overthink, your case will pan out well don't let those negative stories hold your innocent union to ransom.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:33pm On Nov 18, 2022
How do these words make sense to you?

If the wife gets pregnant, it would be obvious that it's someone else's child na.

You think people just Bleep anyhow? Unless the wife does not have self respect (and most Nigerian women do, even ashawo work, they do for money), she no go do.

jeromestarks:

Did you marry her as a virgin?

Yes - you shouldn't be worried.

No - worry is what you're. The headache will almost kill because she will be excited to meet Whites and other rich Nigerians.
Your wife will fvck another man, get pregnant and bring the baby for you. You will think it's yours but it's not.

So tell me op, should you be worried?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:35pm On Nov 18, 2022
You are mad.

Carry your insecurities and go and sleep.

To the men reading this nonsense, jump and pass. Nobody is praising you for suffering by yourself. Those who do so still get cheated on, used, abused, etc. What matters is WHO you pick. WHO you spend your life with.

Lol.

franchasng:
Only stingy, broke and struggling men abide by this 50/50 rule.

I have never envisaged nor wished to share financial responsibilities with my wife even when I was single, and I keep praying to God to never allow my situation get to that stage till I sign off from this earth.

Not all couple living abroad do this 50/50, to the best of my knowledge, none of my close friends are doing it with their wives.

Any man that allows such sharing formula in his marriage has laid foundation for failure.

I believe in the traiditional marriage style and the Bible way too. A husband's responsibility is to provide for his wife and kids and even take care of his aged parents plus the needy around and these are my daily guide in life even when I was still struggling with life.

In life, you get what you so much desire without doubt
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by cooooooks(m): 2:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
1. Is Nov 24 your birthday (Bday mates)?

2. Which dirty experience do you have?

3. Stop typing rubbish.

November24:

Form experience, immediately she boards that plane, it's over. Although your case may be different.
If she has no atom of cheating in her, no ish
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 7arrows: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:
Got married 2yrs ago and we have a beautiful daughter, she has this dream of studying in Canada and I support her dream.

Our immigration consultant recommend she apply alone to increase chances that i and our daughter can join her later.

Now visa is out and she will be travelling next month. I have read numerous stories about how women change when they travel out.

Should I be worried?

Anything can happen.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Franking: 2:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Yeah, u should be very worried.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by silverkings: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Be positive Sir. Don't allow negativity to come in. Your family will reunited and Satan will not destroy it. Be positive Sir.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by SWATMan: 2:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
ednut1:
Insecure man lol. But on a serious note if there are cracks in the marriage from Nigeria, it will crash when she reaches there

Not really. It depends on a lot of factors. If she's not a stable person then you can never predict the outcome. Remember that women are born to be cared for. If her man is not there it would be quite difficult for her not to be swept away by anyone who can provide that role for her over there.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by advanceDNA: 3:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
cooooooks:
A man with settled status will not marry a married lady with kids.

I hear u....she go tell am say she get kids...
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Treadway: 3:05pm On Nov 18, 2022
cooooooks:
A man with settled status will not marry a married lady with kids.

how will the man with settled status know she is married with kids, IF she doesn't disclose it? Lol e be like say you no know women. Women are worse with sexual discipline than men! Far far worse. How do I know? Back in the day, I had babes, tons of babes. Me and my guys were getting more ass than a toilet seat, but none in my circle had ever slept with a married woman. We still respected boundaries. On the other hand, to find a girl that will swear she hasn't had something to do with a married man, e hard. If dem no do am for school, dem go do am for service, if not then, they will do it to get a job, it not then, they will do it at a job.

Now we don marry, to the best of my knowledge, my gees haven't cheated on their wives yet. I haven't cheated on my wife. On the other hand, I know 3 babes that confided in me that they have stepped out on their husbands, right here in Naija o.. and the husbands don't know till this day. One of those three, didn't disclose she was married to the person she had an affair with while her husband travelled for a year course in the UK.

My family moves together, or we don't move at all! If dem dey tell you say it can be done leaving your wife/husband for months/years, I won't say impossible, but I will say there will be crack that will show someday. The 3 families I mentioned all have cracks, but they don't know, as they are covered FOR NOW. What happens when the cat gets out of the bag in 5,10,12, 20 years will now be the lesson on why separating from your family for a lengthy period of time is a bad idea. I know damn well if I don't get puss for 6weeks I'll start bouncing off walls grin. So if my wife wants to leave me for 6 months she knows damn well I will cheat, and with what I have seen in this life she knows I won't trust that she hasn't either. So I choose to not let us be in that position at all.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by biggie73(m): 3:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cross your finger. Some tales are not the same. Just love her and hope for the best
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by naijaebay: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
Like you suspected, you have every reason to be alarmed. The western countries are structured in a way that essentially promotes women independence and divorce.
A very dear friend, had just been kicked out of his home, his children taken and police called by his wife. He had found out she was cheating but she quickly turned on him.

My guesstimate is that 4 out of 10 women of African origin go the divorce route once the are over seas.

What can you do to protect yourself? Have a prenuptial agreement before marriage. Ensure you are the chief income earner(very important) Make Plan B for eventual divorce while praying for it not to happen. And let the scripture govern the relationship between you and your wife

Good luck

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by crackhouse(m): 3:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
U would have asked this question before she applied .
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by BabaT91(m): 3:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
Please, pray about it.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 5starMan: 3:38pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
The day you accepted this suggestion from your immigration consultant was the day your mind should have made up unless you prayed it never worked out. What was your wife's reaction then, and her opinion.
Meanwhile I will need your consultant's contact, mek I plan our own Japa...
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by ponishah: 3:40pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?
If you are not worried you wouldnt have asked us this question.
And our opinion doesnt change anything because you have all decided, anything wey you see make you take am.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Funflipper: 3:54pm On Nov 18, 2022
bigtt76:
Be very worried ooo ....cold de there cheesy

Even if cold dey, good men no dey available. Na only playboys dey market.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Nonybb: 3:58pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

I'm the sponsor on the application and we applied has a family at 1st (wife studying /myself and our daughter are the dependent)
our immigration consultant call and advise that my wife should apply alone to increase the chances .
I love and I trust her just having a private thought of WHAT IF

Share me the contact of the immigration consultant please bro. I beg in the name of God. I want apply for Canada
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by zudozz: 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
No! Dont be worried since u dont have sense.

No worry, u hear? Mumu!
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by bigiyaro(m): 4:16pm On Nov 18, 2022
It's a 50-50 thing, mostly depending on how long you guys are separated, can you bet on your life that you will not fvck for the next one year, if she doesn't come to Nigeria? If you can, give her the chance, but if you cannot, don't put your expectations very high. Trust no human when it come to money and sex, know this and know peace.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by damzy88: 4:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
brandmix:

All thing ma equal, you have nothing to worry about.

The consultant is right, she will be denied once they establish she has a tendency to want to pull the rest of her family and settle after school.

The optics of having a child behind is a strong case for her coming back after school.

….story! Just do what my friend did, after a few months you and your kid apply for visitor visa and while you are there, she can trigger a spousal visa for you guys.

The chances of getting a spousal visa while in canada is almost 100% certain, but 50-50 if you apply from Nigeria

Shikina!
smiley
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by advanceDNA: 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
brandsoncharlie:

Which can survival mode is that, married woman for that matter. There's no shame again.

Shame?? At the end of the day we all do whats best for us in every situation....if it favors our fellow men...they will call us a good person...if not they will call us bad and evil...... humans are unpredictable.....just fight for yourself and open yourself to too uncontrollable risk...

This guy still has the kid with him....he has partial cintrol over the situation so the woman may likely not ghost him and her child ....
still the street is cold....we have seen stranger situation.....

husband and wife reach US on visit visa....they bith agreed that wife should do fake marriage to get papers and divorce to marry real husband.....węręy wife fvck the oyinbo she was doing fake marriage with got pregnant...applied for special status and was getting free benefit from government....

this life....make sure u have some leverage in all dealing.......ur wife is a woman u jam for street amd put ring on her finger.....at the end of the day...ur wife no be ur blood...blood seff dey betray

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Zector(m): 4:42pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

You are on your own !!! Go and listen to Olumide Emmanuel message on JAPAWAGON
One of the points he made mention was " is your marriage strong enough"
Pls listen to it
God bless
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by Bbw4luv: 4:55pm On Nov 18, 2022
Bro it a win win situation..I am in your shoes right now..my wife left last year December...She has been transparent in her doings and there is no need to be insecure.Moreover I used the time to develop myself and things have really change since then to the extent so I was able to even pay her sch fees from here...invest in yourself more because you will achieve more while she is absent.
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by dplordx(m): 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

If its canada or US, you have greater chance of success. but if it was the UK, nah forget her.
You see Canada, its a family structured society, she will meet more happier couples and a lot of miserable singles there...
Be positive sha...and make up your mind for the worse
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by NairaMaster1(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2022
teamc:

Should I be worried?

Extremely worried for you right now
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by latolz: 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
The fact that you are worried you should be worried
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by 3310adeb: 5:20pm On Nov 18, 2022
Alaye
It's 50 50 Life Na Dice
Voice of Bella Shmurda

But Trust Me Virginal People Are Unpredictable. If Her Exes are in Canada,,, Walahi Na Scattered kpekus you will go and meet later
Distance relationship is a Shit
Re: My Wife Is Travelling To Canada Should I Be Worried? by WelcomeToBiafra: 5:22pm On Nov 18, 2022
ayandee:
Op stop disturbing yourself unnecessarily. Many Women have come here to study and filed for their husband and kids to join them shortly after. That happens more often and it is not reported in the media. Only the very few négative stories seep into the média.

Congratulations on your wife's admission and visa. Start getting ready to join her soon. Spend this time researching into the certifications necessary in your field and start planning on how to get them done to increase your prospects of a good job at landing.

If you have resources to get there later with your daughter, calm down and plan. Don't be distracted by online opinions, is it that you don't have information of documents & residency?

Nigerians japa of Nigeria for safety & prosperity.
End Nigeria Now, una no greed. Welcome back to Biafra in future.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Hijacks Commercial Bus From Lagos Driver (Video, Photo) / First Commercial Flight To Akwa-ibom From Abuja Airport (with Arik Air) / Which Country Will You Not Go To Even If Given Residence Permit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.