Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? (1290 Views)

Ladies And Cleavage Revealing Photos; Stop Calling The Name Of God In Vain / My Boyfriend Introduced Me As A 'friend' To His Dad. Should I Be Worried? / How Do You Tell A Girl That You Love Her? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2011
Not completly, but just not as often, a lil break undecided Any ideas?
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Wunmiola(f): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2011
Try telling him/her d rzn y u nid space.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by pendo89(f): 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2011
grin grin

I think mine issue is more complex.

If you ignore they will stop calling altogether.
What about giving the excuse that you are unavailable to talk when he calls several times?
Eg.if he calls 5 times in an hour.Answer 2 and act busy in the other 3. grin
Don't show that you are always available to chat all the time.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2011
Wunmiola:

Try telling him/her d rzn y u nid space.

It's weird undecided lipsrsealed

pendo89:

grin grin

I think mine issue is more complex.

If you ignore they will stop calling altogether.
What about giving the excuse that you are unavailable to talk when he calls several times?
Eg.if he calls 5 times in an hour.Answer 2 and act busy in the other 3. grin
Don't show that you are always available to chat all the time.

Lol it's a bit complex, and some people are a lil naive undecided
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by SAFO(m): 10:06pm On Aug 24, 2011
Just say you don't like talking on the phone that much, and would prefer to talk to them in-person. That always works for me.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 10:11pm On Aug 24, 2011
Damn some things r just self-caused.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by livedit(f): 10:13pm On Aug 24, 2011
Depending upon the circumstances the "depth" of your relationship, either way you go about it, you may offend them.  But if their calling is excessive and "annoying" then they need to know.  It's about being respectful and courteous.  I would kindly let them know how you feel.  It's not always about what you say, but how you say it.  Show compassion when you tell them.  Just let them know that you are not a phone person (or is, and not feeling it now) you are dealing with personal issues and you'd appreciate some space.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Goldieluks: 10:15pm On Aug 24, 2011
Just tell him the bitter truth,indirectly without offense or confusion.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Wunmiola(f): 10:32pm On Aug 24, 2011
Y do I get d feeling dr is more to ds story? Jst let d person knw hw u feel.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 10:34pm On Aug 24, 2011
^^Lol . . . .
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Goldieluks: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
undecided
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by nat138: 11:45pm On Aug 24, 2011
Ignore, always works. If it is really important, the person will send a text message.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Mynd44: 12:02pm On Aug 25, 2011
The best way is to tell the person
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by nassiwa: 1:11pm On Aug 25, 2011
In case you are working, tell him that they do not allow long time calls at work. You can give him the time you are ready to receive his calls
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by MrCork17: 1:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
bittatruth:

Not completly, but just not as often, a lil break  undecided Any ideas?

bittatruth. Sweeery are u one of those free education babes from Lagos? undecided
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Aug 25, 2011
angry sad embarassed^^^^^^^ cry cry cry cry cry
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by nsodo: 4:15pm On Aug 25, 2011
In life it is better to have principals which guide your life tell you're friend why they should not call and give them appropriate time they must call i know if they understand they will not take it wrongly.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by ronkebp(f): 4:16pm On Aug 25, 2011
Don't pick up the phone, it is that simple.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 4:24pm On Aug 25, 2011
Mynd_44:

The best way is to tell the person
Duh but how?without sounding rude.

nsodo:

In life it is better to have principals which guide your life tell you're friend why they should not call and give them appropriate time they must call i know if they understand they will not take it wrongly.
Yes i agree. smiley

ronkebp:

Don't pick up the phone, it is that simple.
What if they keep calling?isn't it rude to ignore a friend's call?
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 4:25pm On Aug 25, 2011
Mr, Cork:

bittatruth. Sweeery are u one of those free education babes from Lagos? undecided
Is there any such thing as free education in the country of Nigeria? shocked
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 4:26pm On Aug 25, 2011
nat138:

Ignore, always works. If it is really important, the person will send a text message.
Lol
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by ronkebp(f): 4:29pm On Aug 25, 2011
bittatruth:

Duh but how?without sounding rude.
Yes i agree. smiley

What if they keep calling?isn't it rude to ignore a friend's call?

But you said you do not want to talk to the person abi?, which is more easier to do, not to pick up the phone or pick it up and say, please do not call me again

For me, i would rather, you pick up the phone when you feel like talking and ignoring it when you don't feel like. life is not that complicated.
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by omega25red(m): 4:35pm On Aug 25, 2011
how about bitching and complaining about your phone minutes. Tell em that you are almost out of minutes

Besides be careful what you wish for because this person seems needy to you now. wait till they stop calling then you will miss em
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 4:39pm On Aug 25, 2011
^^^Needy to me?explain
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by MrCork17: 4:43pm On Aug 25, 2011
bittatruth:

Not completly, but just not as often, a lil break  undecided Any ideas?

bittatruth. seeems u fink u all that?  Breakin the guys heart coz he showin intrest? undecided
Re: How To Tell A Friend To Stop Calling? by bittatruth(m): 4:45pm On Aug 25, 2011
No i am not.

(1) (Reply)

My Girlfriend Told My Mother I Am A Big Time Drunkers And She Even Went To Exten / Dear Igbo Girls / Do Girls Really Know?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.