Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,060 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:11 AM

Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... (4134 Views)

American Embassy Is Mad / Visa Denial: How Did You Cope With The Pain Of Denial? / Simple Ways To Pass Your USA Embassy Visa Interview (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Yankee101: 3:23pm On Nov 18, 2022
They know there's desperation to travel
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by peppo4live: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cde1:
US has been denying visa incessantly for the past 20years plus it’s nothing new keep trying if US is your destination or go to another country and apply for US visa from there.

Everything is difficult for Nigerians in nigeria. Once you are out of the country most things becomes easier. Guess the population bad leadership and economic situation is the major cause and the white folks seeing Nigerians who want to travel as running away from economic hardship also the rate of applicants is alarming
Applying from another country.... How?
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by planetx: 6:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
Irupetepete:
Applied last year, shifted 5 times till today...
Slated for 7am,i was there at 6am,did interview at 10:20..

Consul=what are you going for in New Jersey
Me = holiday....
That was the only question asked, next thing na blue slip... Almost 100 people I saw, only 3 people were given and the type of grilling they gave them hennnn,
One family of 5,their papa Don travel tire sotey he bind 2 passport together....
Another family of 3 then an elderly man on wheel chair... Be like say the daughter na citizen...

I got scholarship of 40k dollars, reject
Going for masters, reject
I just came back from UK, reject
I just this, I just that, na reject....

One even came with a recommendation from a senator, he said he lives in the presidential villa, reject....

If you have no reasonable reason you are traveling, no just go waste your time o.
Prayer and grace? Well, you might be lucky but FYI, my passport Don dey psalm 121 from January hehehehehe...
I Don climb mountain, I Don climb rock, Don go ikeji, all na o.y.o...

As you dey near dem, their hand is already close to the blue paper...
This journey cost me 62k...
Lodging, Uber to embassy, menu etc..

Justwise..

For now, I don shift focus commot from travel, I Wan hustle like this....
What I decided today is to get to a height where I don't need to go queue for visa of any country...
Why would you be going on an holiday to New Jersey during winter. Does that make any sense to even you talk less the VO, no wonder you were quickly dismissed as a time waster.

4 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by planetx: 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2022
Shevchenkko:
Actually I have a fiance who is from Nevada. She's white and will send me an invitation once my interview is fixed
Your so called fiance can be purple or green, the Koko of the matter is your ties to Nigeria not an invite that will be tossed in the trash.

2 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Shevchenkko: 7:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
planetx:
Your so called fiance can be purple or green, the Koko of the matter is your ties to Nigeria not an invite that will be tossed in the trash.
I understand your point but don't forget grace differs and moreover, am a film producer with 5 movies to my name so basically am going there for 2 reasons. Visiting Hollywood to gain more knowledge on my career is genuine reason for visa to be granted to me
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Cde1: 8:04pm On Nov 18, 2022
peppo4live:

Applying from another country.... How?

Move to another country live there for a while and apply. Many have moved to US and canada easily from European countries

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by peppo4live: 8:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cde1:

Move to another country live there for a while and apply. Many have moved to US and canada easily from European countries
Ok. If someone entered a country with student or work visa, can he or she apply from that country to USA?

1 Like

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by TWoods(m): 8:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
Shevchenkko:
I understand your point but don't forget grace differs and moreover, am a film producer with 5 movies to my name so basically am going there for 2 reasons. Visiting Hollywood to gain more knowledge on my career is genuine reason for visa to be granted to me

Doubt it.
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
TWoods:

Doubt it.

It's a genuine reason but genuine reasons doesn't translate to visa issuance.
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Cde1: 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2022
peppo4live:

Ok. If someone entered a country with student or work visa, can he or she apply from that country to USA?

You can move to anywhere even on a study visa so far you have reside a while in that country and have residency.it is even much more easier if you are in a developed country.most important thing is to leave nigeria.once you are out of this shithole . Their is less scrutiny. My sis neighbor in germany relocated to canada via PR . Entered germany on study visa and moved to canada from there

8 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by peppo4live: 11:47pm On Nov 18, 2022
Cde1:

You can move to anywhere even on a study visa so far you have reside a while in that country and have residency.it is even much more easier if you are in a developed country.most important thing is to leave nigeria.once you are out of this shithole . Their is less scrutiny. My sis neighbor in germany relocated to canada via PR . Entered germany on study visa and moved to canada from there
Thanks
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by pansophist(m): 12:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Shevchenkko:
Actually I have a fiance who is from Nevada. She's white and will send me an invitation once my interview is fixed

Sha makes sure you have more ties back home than in the US (in the eyes of the visa officer, your inviting fiance is strong ties to the US). Or else, it may (will) lead to rejection. Unless you guys get married, then its a different ball game.

Immigrant visas (eg visa lottery, family reunifications, etc) are easier to get than non-immigrant (visiting) visas usually.

1 Like

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by gr8gem(f): 7:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Shevchenkko:

If you've been traveling to the state before and back and did not over stay you may be granted visa due to your past travel history, but for a first timer and the fact you have a fiance there, it may be a no no cause they may think you will not come back because you may try to beat the system by getting married there and filling for adjustment, so that alone may be a big red flag even if you have strong ties here in Nigeria. The best thing maybe for you to get an invite letter from Hollywood or your fiance should come visit you here in Nigeria and go back to file for you to go over to the usa. This is just my opinion, and please when filling for the visitors visa let every detail you give be true and constant for future reference if your fiance will eventually file for you, avoid agent if you can or make sure you get to know what details they fill for you and make sure it is the right thing because once your details is with the embassy even if it is 20years they will still have it and if there's any discrepancy it may affect your application in future unless you don't want to have anything to do with the usa in future.

3 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Shevchenkko: 7:29am On Nov 19, 2022
gr8gem:

If you've been traveling to the state before and back and did not over stay you may be granted visa due to your past travel history, but for a first timer and the fact you have a fiance there, it may be a no no cause they may think you will not come back because you may try to beat the system by getting married there and filling for adjustment, so that alone may be a big red flag even if you have strong ties here in Nigeria. The best thing maybe for you to get an invite letter from Hollywood or your fiance should come visit you here in Nigeria and go back to file for you to go over to the usa. This is just my opinion, and please when filling for the visitors visa let every detail you give be true and constant for future reference if your fiance will eventually file for you, avoid agent if you can or make sure you get to know what details they fill for you and make sure it is the right thing because once your details is with the embassy even if it is 20years they will still have it and if there's any discrepancy it may affect your application in future unless you don't want to have anything to do with the usa in future.
Thanks for this contribution, I appreciate
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Shevchenkko: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2022
pansophist:

Sha makes sure you have more ties back home than in the US (in the eyes of the visa officer, your inviting fiance is strong ties to the US). Or else, it may (will) lead to rejection. Unless you guys get married, then its a different ball game.

Immigrant visas (eg visa lottery, family reunifications, etc) are easier to get than non-immigrant (visiting) visas usually.
Thanks for this assertion
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by ednut1(m): 7:49am On Nov 19, 2022
Shevchenkko:
these are even reasons to deny you. Are your movies Hollywood standards Have your movies generated revenue to justify a trip to hollywood Let your babe come to Nigeria to see or marry u. Abeg rest lol
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Nobody: 9:39am On Nov 19, 2022
The urge or let me say the yern to go to this US is so alarming . go to other countries now !!!!
Australia dey there
Luxembourg dey there
Germany dey there
Croatia dey there
Netherlands dey there
Canada dey there
Ireland dey there
Finland dey there
France dey there
Newzeland dey there
Belgium dey there

Why always US ? All these small European countries self if you apply for their visa 90% assurance dey say dem go give u visa .. This US I no too fall for am like that I still prefer Canada aje ...

2 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Gerrard59(m): 10:01am On Nov 19, 2022
Mancala:

This is an interesting plan B response for someone who wanted to go for holidays in New Jersey grin. I was expecting you to say I will vacation in Africa or try Europe. That VO na clairvoyant grin

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by AnitaofEurope: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2022
queenfav:
So sorry about your experience..US embassy and rejection na 5 and 6.I tried to visit New York in 2016, their Abuja Embassy gave me blue slip.Since then I don't even bother with anything visa,my house reach me!As for hustling,you can make it here.There's mad money in Nigeria, it's just to know what to do.

NAh you go give an money to start business or make mad money in Nigeria hahaha
It’s easy nah him everybody for Nigeria never get money
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Irupetepete: 9:54am On Nov 22, 2022
Holybaddo:
Best solution Travel to Ghana by road then travel to USA from there or travel to any African country by road the travel to the states from there
expanciate

1 Like

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Irupetepete: 9:58am On Nov 22, 2022
ednut1:
Majority of those denied are visiting visa applicants. They know you want to japa and not comeback. They are not fools. Keep it moving
even those who want to go for studies and won scholarship?
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Irupetepete: 9:59am On Nov 22, 2022
ednut1:
Majority of those denied are visiting visa applicants. They know you want to japa and not comeback. They are not fools. Keep it moving
even those who won scholarship?
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by Irupetepete: 10:12am On Nov 22, 2022
AnitaofEurope:

NAh you go give an money to start business or make mad money in Nigeria hahaha
It’s easy nah him everybody for Nigeria never get money
pls, just put me through on an European visa I can apply for that is 90% sure of granting me visa
I want to start immediately before I start spending this money
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by mizz2posh: 11:11am On Nov 22, 2022
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by mizz2posh: 11:13am On Nov 22, 2022
Shevchenkko:
The lady is so eager for me to come over. She cries often because of my absence

If you guys have never met in person or are not married, then forget it cos they will see you as a scammer that wants to use their citizens to japa, things are not the way they used to be. Your best bet is for her to come to Nigeria and you guys will marry and she files for you, even at that it will still take a long time before you can join her

5 Likes

Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by xest(m): 1:50pm On Nov 22, 2022
Irupetepete:
Applied last year, shifted 5 times till today...
Slated for 7am,i was there at 6am,did interview at 10:20..

Consul=what are you going for in New Jersey
Me = holiday....
That was the only question asked, next thing na blue slip... Almost 100 people I saw, only 3 people were given and the type of grilling they gave them hennnn,
One family of 5,their papa Don travel tire sotey he bind 2 passport together....
Another family of 3 then an elderly man on wheel chair... Be like say the daughter na citizen...

I got scholarship of 40k dollars, reject
Going for masters, reject
I just came back from UK, reject
I just this, I just that, na reject....

One even came with a recommendation from a senator, he said he lives in the presidential villa, reject....

If you have no reasonable reason you are traveling, no just go waste your time o.
Prayer and grace? Well, you might be lucky but FYI, my passport Don dey psalm 121 from January hehehehehe...
I Don climb mountain, I Don climb rock, Don go ikeji, all na o.y.o...

As you dey near dem, their hand is already close to the blue paper...
This journey cost me 62k...
Lodging, Uber to embassy, menu etc..

Justwise..

For now, I don shift focus commot from travel, I Wan hustle like this....
What I decided today is to get to a height where I don't need to go queue for visa of any country...
It mustn't be USA na. You can try Canada,NZ ,uk too
Re: Rate Of Denial At USA Embassy Is Alarming... by optimusprime2(m): 9:00am On Dec 12, 2022
TheEnforcer:
Are you kidding me?They normally ask like 4 for 5 questions to ascertain your ties to Nigeria before Deciding to grant you or not.One question?Never heard that before. There's no way they are gonna ascertain your ties to Nigeria with one question.

Sometimes they don't even need to, don't forget the applicant filled a form... the funniest story I heard was the quickest bounce ever within 10seconds. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abidjan Photos: Photos Taken During Its Heydays / Canadian Study Permit / Tourism: These Are The Ten Most Visited Countries In Africa.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.