Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,121 members, 7,814,938 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:17 AM

Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. (639 Views)

Help! I'm Feeling Guilty Of Ruining Someone's Marriage / Help I'm Pregnant For A Married Man. / My Mother Inlaw is too gentle for my liking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by Nobody: 8:01am On Nov 18, 2022
I'm no longer a teen but a full grown adult. But I grew up not mingling with people.

I realise I have this awkward touch to everything, cos I wasn't that exposed to the street or something like that. But its having its toll on me now.

As an adult I'm expected to start at least easing money especially for people around me. But most times my investments have been online and all that, and if not online, I haven't done any investment. But being online stuff, I've realised I only keep losing money. Even now, I got no one to hold on to.

Now, not that I do not think to have an offline investment, but that awkwardness of being an outside person now fears me. I'm too uses to the house, and partly cos I fear that awkward appearance I do have outside.

My people think I'm lazy, but they don't know the battle I'm on.

Most times, my response to things turn strict, but I don't know how it seems, cos I always get into quarels with people. Last time I had to even be arrested. And since then, its affected my mentality such that I'm now acting unhealthily nice and each time i do, i now feel taken advantage of.

I'm just confused.

1 Like

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by Richy4(m): 8:28am On Nov 18, 2022
kiako:

I'm no longer a teen but a full grown adult.

I'm just confused.

Are you looking for a business advice based on the fact that you are loosing money online and desires to change line of business (in person)..

OR

You do u want to change your social lifestyle by meeting people more offline,( do u need an advice on how to go about it)

Just asking because these two topic are not the same.they are two broad topics embarassed

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 18, 2022
Richy4:

Are you looking for a business advice based on the fact that you are loosing money online and desires to change line of business (in person)..

OR

You do u want to change your social lifestyle by meeting people more offline,( do u need an advice on how to go about it)

Just asking because these two topic are not the same.they are two broad topics embarassed

Thanks. Change social lifestyle. I believe that would fix every other.
Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by Emilia154(f): 9:46am On Nov 18, 2022
Even me,i cant start a conversation with my genda but i can stay in the mist of ten guys and be gisting wit dem,pls i want to change help me

1 Like

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by culf: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2022
Emilia154:
Even me,i cant start a conversation with my genda but i can stay in the mist of ten guys and be gisting wit dem,pls i want to change help me

most times its better that way if those guys are mature enough and both you and them know your boundaries. Guys can truly watch your back and keep your secrets. Mature guys though.
I know few ladies that don't like keeping female friends but male.

1 Like

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by culf: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
kiako:

I'm no longer a teen but a full grown adult. But I grew up not mingling with people.

I realise I have this awkward touch to everything, cos I wasn't that exposed to the street or something like that. But its having its toll on me now.

As an adult I'm expected to start at least easing money especially for people around me. But most times my investments have been online and all that, and if not online, I haven't done any investment. But being online stuff, I've realised I only keep losing money. Even now, I got no one to hold on to.

Now, not that I do not think to have an offline investment, but that awkwardness of being an outside person now fears me. I'm too uses to the house, and partly cos I fear that awkward appearance I do have outside.

Most times, my response to things turn strict, but I don't know how it seems, cos I always get into quarels with people. Last time I had to even be arrested. And since then, its affected my mentality such that I'm now acting unhealthily nice and each time i do, i now feel taken advantage of.

I'm just confused.

They are good investment/savings around that you can go into and be sure of safety, the problem is una wan 500% interest sharp sharp, those ones na fluke.

start by going out, garden, fields and make friends from there things will change. hanging out does it faster

1 Like

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by yemmit90: 8:18pm On Nov 18, 2022
kiako:

I'm just confused.

Go and set up business center at busy area. You will attend to alot of people, and that will automatically solve your problem.

1 Like

Re: Help ! I'm Way Too Uptight For My Liking. by Socratiz: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
What you have is called social anxiety.

You grew up in a bubble which isolated you from interacting with people. That cocoon gave you a sense of security.

Now you feel awkward because you discovered that life is not designed to be loved in a mental enclosure.

You need the services of a professional counsellor to overcome the social anxiety and your fears of meeting people. This is because it is a process which can it be explained on Nairaland.

You may wish to contact me for guidance

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Accounting Explained To Kids / Who Exactly Belongs To The Indomie Generation? / Help! Where Can I Get An Urgent Loan To Do A CT Scan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.