Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,553 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does (46416 Views)

Please Nairalanders, I Need Your Help, How Much Is The Annual Rent For Ihs Tower / Is 700k Annual Rent Too Much For Someone Earning 300k Monthly / What Is The Annual Rent For Telecoms Mast In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Bhol28: 10:03am On Nov 19, 2022
Cut your coat according to your sizes.Fingers are not equal.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by jmichael259(m): 10:04am On Nov 19, 2022
dyera:

Abroad, monthly rent can be up to 50% monthly salary. In developed countries like Singapore for example.

Check their suicide rates among men. It's called modern slavery for a reason.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Jokerman(m): 10:05am On Nov 19, 2022
Olatara:
Anything that works for me, all this theory no dey work for Lagos.

Do whatever is cool for your mental and physical wellbeing.

I work on the island, rent in New garage was expensive, then I move to Alimosho into a nice room and parlour self-contained, the t- fare is just too much ( imagining spend 2200k per day)

Now I'm planning on moving back to Iyana-oworo this December.

I can't kill myself.

My sister... this is best thing... Fare to island from Oworo no go pass 300 per day... moreover, there are some good cheap houses there...
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Jokerman(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2022
Sylvaxxl1:

What you've said makes sense but you know what, greed is the eyes of those landlords once they see development. My parents just moved out of that area which cost about 300k - 400k for a 3 bedroom 4years ago. As I'm talking to you, because of the development that recently came to the area, the said 3bedroom is about 1million right now, I'm talking of baruwa area

Jesus... 3 bed in baruwa now... 1m shocked

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 10:08am On Nov 19, 2022
Salary 130k
Rent 150k
Transport to work 100-140 daily(to n fro)
Location, Kaduna.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by FireUpNow(m): 10:09am On Nov 19, 2022
Mavor:
All fingers are not equal.
What was the statistics or class or of people considered? Is the average Nigerian workers here? So stop the all fingers are not equal formula
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by ThatsONYI: 10:11am On Nov 19, 2022
WantsandMore:
The problem becomes exacerbated due bad transportation systems and inefficiency moving from point a to point b if not, one can comfortably live in ibadan board a speed train or any other efficient transport systems to work without delay to Lagos same day. But you see those recketty busses, those ones go just mk dem sack you first of resumption, no cap.

shocked

The way, everybody's talking about Lagos is scary - and I wanna come over to there to hustle. Abuja isn't giving me what I need.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Larryton(m): 10:12am On Nov 19, 2022
Hmmm, my house rent is 15% of my yearly income
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by dettolgel: 10:12am On Nov 19, 2022
Agbebakun22:
lol how do u people save for investments. Only rent took 1800, what of water bills, electricity bills,phone bills, groceries and other miscellaneous expenses. Looking like a rat race to me sorry to say that.

Well if you have a partner that works that half the bills for you. That is one of the reason oyibo always live with their boyfriend or girlfriend grin
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by SmartyPants(m): 10:13am On Nov 19, 2022
CBR100:

I disagree with your point on collecting rent monthly, it makes it very expensive
compare to annually rent (and even most landlord are shortchanging their selves on rent)

look at other african countries running monthly from Ghana, to go, ivory coast etc their rent is just overly ezpensive

1. How?? The countries you're looking at have expensive rent because of their cost of living issues,s not because rent is monthly. I don't see any logical reason why rent must be higher because it si charged monthly.

2. But even then, what's wrong with that? Let the landlord eat too, or doesn't he deserve a fair remuneration for his investment? These are the issues that bring about socio-economic inefficacies: when one side, usually the consumer, wants to eat their cake ad have it.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by MelesZanawi: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2022
Allisgud:
Lagos state govt are making a mediocre development,they just select some side for development which is the highland,they should also focus on badagry expressway,agege,iyana ipaja axis,so investors,companies,banks,malls eateries,real estates will be running towards there,with this hold up will reduce,there will be job over there,which means if u leave in a affordable house,u will still pay less for transport if u have a job in ur area

You are just complaining senselessly. What does Island have that Mainland doesn't have?
Meanwhile, there are many things Mainland has that the Island doesn't have. Stadia, airport, rail, etc.
Manufacturing companies in Ikeja alone are more than all manufacturers on the island put together.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by EmmaLege: 10:17am On Nov 19, 2022
True but it’s hard
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2022
For Naija you mean.
No near abroad with this ideology ooo
Else na Homelessness dey road be that
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Allisgud: 10:21am On Nov 19, 2022
Sylvaxxl1:

What you've said makes sense but you know what, greed is the eyes of those landlords once they see development. My parents just moved out of that area which cost about 300k - 400k for a 3 bedroom 4years ago. As I'm talking to you, because of the development that recently came to the area, the said 3bedroom is about 1million right now, I'm talking of baruwa area
imagine ur parent where able to buy a land in a rural part of that place by then
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Allisgud: 10:23am On Nov 19, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:
For Naija you mean.
No near abroad with this ideology ooo
Else na Homelessness dey road be that
so what's the essence of the abroad when u put all ur salary on accomodations

3 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by LordReed(m): 10:27am On Nov 19, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Your annual rent shouldn't exceed your two months salary. If it does, you're in the wrong apartment.

This would be sound advice in general but in certain places its impracticable. Abuja for instance, you have people whose salary is about 80k a month. I very much doubt you would find any decent housing for 160k in Abuja and its environs. In my area in Abuja a self contained is between 400k-600k, in Kubwa its about 350k. That is an 80k salary earners 5 months salary.

2 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Allisgud: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2022
MelesZanawi:

You are just complaining senselessly. What does Island have that Mainland doesn't have?
Meanwhile, there are many things Mainland has that the Island doesn't have. Stadia, airport, rail, etc.
Manufacturing companies in Ikeja alone are more than all manufacturers on the island put together.
use ur brain oga,and discus on the e.g I gave,we have about 10k people trooping from that region to v.i,ikoyi lekki vgc why because there is a better pay than those place u mention
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by pandax: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2022
Princess80:
With the global inflation inflation, its hard not to live in the wrong apartment.

My rent is just $800 pcm which makes it $9600 per year,
Its a lil above 3months salary. I am in the wrong apartment then

No, you are on a wrong job. This is rat race personified. Please upgrade yourself and change job.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Shurtman79(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2022
I've been reading reading reading, please what about we the artisan?
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by hotwax: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2022
Rubyjade:
Okay, salary 100k house 150k
Job location, Victoria Island.
House location, Sangotedo, Awoyaya.

Transportation 2k daily=52k

House at igbo efon, agungi, osapa, ilasan and chisco 250-300k
Transport N600 =15k

I don't know but please if you pass mathematics in school you can help

can one get 250k house in this APC era...the cheapest house starts from 600k oga.... no mislead us online
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by templeRun20(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2022
So make I stay under bridge na cos my salary for 2 months no reach 60k sef
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Uniquekriss(m): 10:35am On Nov 19, 2022
Nairalander248:

Hehehe... You for say na one room...

I live in 1 bedroom flat... Spaces here can accommodate 3 extra persons �
guess you're in Ibadan, osogbo or environs
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by 18wheeler: 10:36am On Nov 19, 2022
Oyindamolah:
Your annual rent shouldn't exceed your two months salary. If it does, you're in the wrong apartment.
My own standard has been one month’s salary. I never take an apartment that will cost me over a month’s salary. Two is still fair anyway but is extreme for me.

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Yampotatocarrot(m): 10:37am On Nov 19, 2022
smileNpass:
I thought folks said it shouldn't exceed 3 months, what happened again?

The truth is, we may need to consider qualitative factors. I stay in Lagos and my three month pay covers my rent of 1.1M (2 bed). The advantages are the neighbourhood, the calibre of people I am exposed to, the change in mindset, the relatively short time to work (1.5hrs), more time to relax and think better.

My friends that stay afar because it is cheap are dying slowly. Having to set out as early as 5am. We only need to be wise. Live and let's live, no hard and fast rule.

1.5hrs is a short time to work? Waoh, meaning mine is even better, I spend about 50minutes going, Na coming back be issue

1 Like

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Nairalander248: 10:37am On Nov 19, 2022
Uniquekriss:
guess you're in Ibadan, osogbo or environs

Lagos
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by mrkings84(m): 10:42am On Nov 19, 2022
Abeg what's the current civil servant minimum wage pay again?
30k abi, so no civil servant should live in a house above 60k per annum.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Way4orward: 10:42am On Nov 19, 2022
That believe or whatsoever doesn't work anymore or anywhere.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by ForDanny: 10:44am On Nov 19, 2022
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by dododawa1: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2022
Shurtman79:
I've been reading reading reading, please what about we the artisan?
single room 84k annually is ok OR ordinary room/parlour 120k is ok.

2 Likes

Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by Rinoxy: 10:54am On Nov 19, 2022
IyaTola:
My yealy rent is about 22% of my annual income. I live in a 2 bedroom apartment in Alimosho LGA, Lagos. The environment is decent and I look forward to becoming a landlord in the same area. All the other tenants knew somehow that I don't belong among them. Living below your means is possible sometimes but the pressure is high & I wasn't "really comfortable" either. All depends on you & your goals.

Nigeria will humble you..the cheap house you're looking for does not have vacancy in the location where you work, now what do you do? and even the pay for the job can't meet your needs 50%..the system is happening to all of us, that's just the truth.. how many jobs pay over 100k today
My yearly rent is 9.61% of my annual income.
I don't see it as living below my means. Other bills are there.
Re: Your Annual Rent Shouldn't Exceed Your Two Months Salary. If It Does by silverx(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2022
pstemma1990:
Abuja doesn't have any problem, u can live in Nasarawa and still work in Abuja, Majority of people working in Abuja are living in Niger and Nasarawa... But u will have to leave ur house early in order to beat traffic.
Are you for real? If that is he case, you guys are really doing well for yourselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

High Quality And Affordable Polysterene Parapet For Your Roof / Aba Residents Rescue Children From Burning Building (Photos) / See What Is Happening In The Compound l Am Living In.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.