Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,691 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:31 PM

U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot (21712 Views)

France To Return $150 Million Abacha Loot / Malami: Buhari Using $311 Million Abacha Loot To Build Second Niger Bridge / What Nigeria Will Do With $320 Million Abacha Loot – Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Re: U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot by Structure10ten: 6:41pm On Nov 19, 2022
Loot that will be relooted. Mtchew.
Re: U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot by seguno2: 7:33pm On Jan 31, 2023
MemoriesAndMe:
Make US calm down abeg. All the ones they repatriated ended up being looted again. Pls wait till a sane president takes over.

What are you doing for the process of making a sane president (and other public office holders) emerge and take over sooner than later
Re: U.S. Repatriates Another $20.6 Million Abacha Loot by MemoriesAndMe: 11:31pm On Jan 31, 2023
seguno2:

What are you doing for the process of making a sane president (and other public office holders) emerge and take over sooner than later

Is that question intended for me?
I'm not into politics, never voted in Nigeria my entire life and can't even contribute to the electoral process in Nigeria since diaspora voting isn't allowed.

No diasporan wants to fly to Nigeria to get their PVC and fly back again to vote. The deputy Senate President already made it clear that Nigerians is diaspora have no voice in one of his statements and that melted many diasporans with good intentions.

Millions of Nigerians in diaspora can organize rallies, yell all day etc, but none of them can vote, unless they fly back to Nigeria with their PVC. I don't have a PVC cos no Nigerian in diaspora can have one from any of the Nigerian embassies in the world, they have to fly back to Nigeria to get it and many can't do that for various reasons.

So, whoever wins will be the handiwork of our brothers and sisters in Nigeria with PVCs. Nobody in Diaspora has PVCs unless they come to Nigeria to get one and return to vote. Trust me, many Nigerians in Diaspora and their families want to participate in the electoral process, but can't do much when the push for Diaspora voting failed, I guess the only option left for diasporans is to support whatever candidate they want, which differs, the candidate Mr A wants may be different for who Mr B wants.

Let's just hope Nigerians collectively choose the proper person that will fix the economy. Many people living overseas are tired and want to come back home.

Many already paid their dues in the various countries they live in and just want to be close to their families in Nigeria now, but the sad news everyone hears about is what is discouraging many people from returning. Some people here are ok enough to start different businesses in Nigeria that will employ some of our youths looking for jobs, but it's scary when these same people are scared they may get kidnapped and killed. We all read about stuff like that on nairaland. Not saying that's how everyone thinks, just saying insecurity needa to be fixed first for many diasporans with good intentions and plans to feel free to come back and help their individual communities in their little ways and help other families by supporting their families by providing jobs in the various capacities they can afford to do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

EFCC Traces N4.8bn To Obanikoro’s Children Accounts / I Will Jail All Those Involved In Offa Robbery Case- Gov-elect Abdulrazaq / Ikwere Youths To Peter Obi: Apologise To Amaechi Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.