Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,661 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:38 PM

My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. (2827 Views)

Once You Hear People Say, "His Wife Is Controlling Him" That Home Is Peaceful / My Uncle Drove To My House To Report Me Because I Wore A Bikini–Nigerian Lady / See The Guava Tree My Uncle Warned Me Not To Pluck From (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Edenbello: 4:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
I earlier created a thread where I wrote about the rent issue I am facing at the moment.

I'm sponsoring myself in school and also responsible for my upkeep and other things in life including house rent.

As I am unable to meet up with my rent while my landlord will not let me rest, for the last option, I had to travel to see my uncle concerning the rent. Why I had to travel was because I wanted him to see how serious the matter is, rather than phone call.

You won't believe what happened.

My uncle's new wife embarrassed me and chased me out of the house.

My uncle wasn't like this until he married this woman. He used to be kind to us until he married this woman. My father is late, so he's been like the father to us.

I went to him to help me with 30k as part of the rent only for the woman to put in a fight I didnt understand and as if I was the one who stopped her from getting married at her younger age.

She used all sort of derogatory words on me. Telling me I should never come to the house to ask for any favour again. This is a woman that my uncle married just for companion sake. She's in her 50s.

Apart from the support for my house rent, my mother just had operation in which he was supposed to help financially too but still this woman didnt allow the man to do anything.

Even the can soft drink i was offered which I didnt even open, she carried it away. It was like a film honestly.

Imagine my uncle watching over all she was doing and he couldnt even tell her to stop. I think he's under a spell. That woman must have hypnotised him.

Finally, I left the house in shame without getting any assistance, not for my sick mum nor for the rent. Not even transport fare back home. I had to maneuver my way back.

Worst is that she's the one managing his calls now. Once you call and she picks the call, she will ask you what is the matter. If you cannot tell her what you want to tell him, you should forget about it. Can you imagine that?

I feel frustrated. I don't know how it's going to happen but i trust God to come through for me even though I may be locked out of my apartment any moment by the landlord.

I am currently in my 300 level and I believe God will see me through till graduation. I'm still applying for a new job as I believe I'll get one soon.

8 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by habsydiamond(m): 5:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
People like her are many out there... my advice is for you guys to continue praying for him for the spell to be undone cos if not.. u can't stop her from stopping ur uncle from helping u guys.. all this my husband and I kind of women... that's not part of African heritage

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Mindlog: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Is this your uncle's second marriage?
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Eyesstone(f): 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2022
Sad story.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by HarlequinLekex: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2022
More of a spell

It might also be she stronger to confront and control ur uncle
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by MrBanner(m): 5:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
Eyesstone:
Sad story.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by MadamVanessa(f): 5:17pm On Nov 18, 2022
shocked

Even though I am a woman, but I will say 87% problems in this world women are the cause.

Even though I should've heard from both side before dropping my judgement, but no, I can't, because I know what my gender is capable of doing.

But were you able to sort out for the rent?

12 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by superCleanworks(m): 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:
I

I went to him to help me with 30k as part of the rent only for the woman to put in a fight I didnt understand and as if I was the one who stopped her from getting married at her younger age.
about 20 years ago I asked my uncle for money and he said he didn't have. next thing he bought a 7 series BMW for his wifey. This is someone my dad paid his school fees but as a real gee, I didn't worry him or take it personal. Nobody owes me anything.

Now here I am. now I understand better and thank God I didn't take it personal.

And here you are age shaming her and painting all the story to make her look like a demon. She even offered you can soft drink. She should have given you a nice plate of jollof with rat poison (KILL AND DRY) for your sense of entitlement.

did you give your uncle money to keep for you? You even had to open a thread about it.

You better delete your uncle's number and remove him from your options.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by advanceDNA: 5:19pm On Nov 18, 2022
Na so some women be

......they are just unkind human beings...they will jam man for street and wnt his family members to stay away while her own family will be welcomed...

....leave their house for them....
....go hustle ur own life

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Edenbello: 5:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
superCleanworks:

about 20 years ago I asked my uncle for money and he said he didn't have. next thing he bought a 7 series BMW for his wifey. This is someone my dad paid his school fees but as a real gee, I didn't worry him or take it personal. Nobody owes me anything.

And here you are age shaming her and painting all the story to make her look like a demon. She even offered you can soft drink. She should have given you a nice plate of jollof with rat poison (KILL AND DRY) for your sense of entitlement.

did you give your uncle money to keep for you? You even had to open a thread about it.

Where is the sense of entitlement in the post? Perhaps you have issues with comprehension.

This is a man that is a son of the family. One way or the other, the family contributed to make him who he's. Is it bad for him to also help people in the family? Or he's now for the old woman alone?

16 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Edenbello: 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Mindlog:
Is this your uncle's second marriage?

Yes. He's no longer with the first wife.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Abfinest007(m): 5:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
Ok
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by ShoeWorld2(m): 5:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
I swear this is not ordinary, but maybe there's a point where your family might be against the marriage to his new wife that's why she is behaving irrationally. Take heart and hustle more, God will surely see you through.

I sell beautiful sneakers at affordable prices

3 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by LotaTee: 5:41pm On Nov 18, 2022
Truly you have entitlement mentality. And you sound rude as well. Only God knows how you treated the woman for her to react in such manner.

Anyway, don't feel bad because your uncle refused to help. That's human nature for you.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by superCleanworks(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:

Where is the sense of entitlement in the post? Perhaps you have issues with comprehension.

This is a man that is a son of the family. One way or the other, the family contributed to make him who he's. Is it bad for him to also help people in the family? Or he's now for the old woman alone?

I lack comprehension abilities but You see your comment again? and you are still asking me where the sense of entitlement is?

his wife is old. go and marry your own.
he doesn't want to give you cash on demand. go and make your own.
Your family contributed to make him who he is, go and meet them let them contribute and make you too.

12 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Mindlog: 5:52pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:

Yes. He's no longer with the first wife.

I thought as much. Your Uncle is not under any spell, most men resign to fate in their second marriage and tolerate some behaviours from the second wife what they may beaten their ex-wife for.

There is nothing wrong in both of them marrying themselves just for companion sake at their ages, you have a derogatory perception of her as seen in your texts

6 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by superCleanworks(m): 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
LotaTee:
Truly you have entitlement mentality. And you sound rude as well. Only God knows how you treated the woman for her to react in such manner.

I see such brats everyday. even among friends. they carry your name everywhere once you say NO to them. But the cow will never open a thread for appreciation of anyone at all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Mindlog: 5:57pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:

Fact is that "the old woman" comes before any extended family member, of which you are one of them as your uncle's place is her home.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by GboyegaD(m): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2022
I am not sure she is the reason because your uncle is an adult and can reason for himself. Truth is there may be more to what you see, and I wouldn't encourage you to investigate what isn't your business. Your uncle is okay with her actions otherwise, he would have reacted.

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Edenbello: 6:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
superCleanworks:

I lack comprehension abilities but You see your comment again? and you are still asking me where the sense of entitlement is?

his wife is old. go and marry your own.
he doesn't want to give you cash on demand. go and make your own.
Your family contributed to make him who he is, go and meet them let them contribute and make you too.

Thank you. Bye.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by LotaTee: 6:34pm On Nov 18, 2022
superCleanworks:

I see such brats everyday. even among friends. they carry your name everywhere once you say NO to them. But the cow will never open a thread for appreciation of anyone at all.
I don't even have a problem with the thread because I don't know the relationship between him and his uncle but his choice of words seem off.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Kobojunkie: 6:49pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:
Finally, I left the house in shame without getting any assistance, not for my sick mum nor for the rent. Not even transport fare back home. I had to maneuver my way back. Worst is that she's the one managing his calls now. Once you call and she picks the call, she will ask you what is the matter. If you cannot tell her what you want to tell him, you should forget about it. Can you imagine that?
I feel frustrated. I don't know how it's going to happen but i trust God to come through for me even though I may be locked out of my apartment any moment by the landlord.I am currently in my 300 level and I believe God will see me through till graduation. I'm still applying for a new job as I believe I'll get one soon.
Why is your family your uncle's burden to bear? undecided

I am afraid I sort of understand the woman here - albeit she may have been a bit harsh for reasons known to her - since she married your uncle to raise her own family not to carry someone else's burden. I think you, OP, somehow think that you are entitled to that which belongs to your uncle, is that not the case? And my question to you is why? Did your dad invest money with your uncle so he could take care of his family when he, your father is gone? Did your father transfer your inheritance into the hands of your uncle until you are of age or something? I mean what's going on here? undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Edenbello: 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Why is your family your uncle's burden to bear? undecided

I am afraid I sort of understand the woman here - albeit she may have been a bit harsh for reasons known to her - since she married your uncle to raise her own family not to carry someone else's burden. I think you, OP, somehow think that you are entitled to that which belongs to your uncle, is that not the case? And my question to you is why? Did your dad invest money with your uncle so he could take care of his family when he, your father is gone? Did your father transfer your inheritance into the hands of your uncle until you are of age or something? I mean what's going on here? undecided

Is it a crime for someone to appeal to his uncle to hel him?

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Kobojunkie: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:
Is it a crime for someone to appeal to his uncle to hel him?
It is not a crime to appeal to your uncle for help but it becomes a problem when you feel you are entitled to that help. You mentioned your uncle is also supposed to pay for your mother's operation and I am like ... wait a minute... why? undecided

Your uncle has his own life and family to care for, so why do you expect him to carry your own family's burden as well? That is what you created this thread here to basically tell us. undecided

1 Like

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by ibkayee(f): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2022
Kobojunkie:
It is not a crime to appeal to your uncle for help but it becomes a problem when you feel you are entitled to that help. You mentioned your uncle is also supposed to pay for your mother's operation and I am like ... wait a minute... why? undecided

Your uncle has his own life and family to care for, so why do you expect him to carry your own family's burden as well? That is what you created this thread here to basically tell us. undecided
Agreed

@OP
"I went to him to help me with 30k as part of the rent only for the woman to put in a fight" is a bit vague, like how did it get from you entering the house and asking for help and she just starting to insult you?
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by 9japride(m): 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2022
Your uncle is a full grown adult and he knows exactly what he's doing. Most married people have a secret agreement they might have entered into which others don't know. Normally, anyone who is too arrogant is usually fetish. Try hustle and free them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Richy4(m): 8:14pm On Nov 18, 2022
What if she was acting and playing out a script drafted by herself and your uncle in the bedroom prior to your arrival?

The way I see it, she feels she got nothing to loose.. no love lost ( she no send Una)
What if she decides to be the bad one on your uncle's behalf...( She portrayed herself as the bad one while your uncle still remains the saint u think he was or pretends to be under a spell)

I might be wrong but I believe there's nothing wrong with that your uncle... He's in his right senses...
Besides, how many men can really take that nonsense if it genuinely unfold before their eye? For him to even allow his wife disgrace you in his presence without him saying anything shows how disgusting he is.. angry

Sorry to say this,But he will congratulate his wife for a job well done immediately u leave the house...She has gotten rid of number one stress for him...

4 Likes

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by henrimoto(m): 9:28pm On Nov 18, 2022
@edenbello. Keep your hope and faith alive.. God in HIS infinite mercy will come through for you. Continue to look up to God.
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by brain54(m): 9:31pm On Nov 18, 2022
superCleanworks:

OP will not like this…

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by superCleanworks(m): 9:36pm On Nov 18, 2022
Edenbello:

Thank you. Bye.

come back in 20 years when you are married MAN with MULTIPLE financial responsibilities and read this rubbish out to yourself.
That is when you will see the full colour of your stupidity.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by Houseofglam7(f): 9:37pm On Nov 18, 2022
undecided
Re: My Uncle's New Wife Is Controlling Him. How She Embarassed Me. by ExudeLoveToAll: 10:25pm On Nov 18, 2022
habsydiamond:
People like her are many out there... my advice is for you guys to continue praying for him for the spell to be undone cos if not.. u can't stop her from stopping ur uncle from helping u guys.. all this my husband and I kind of women... that's not part of African heritage

and her family....

Any lady who treats people badly except you will make you have a long walk during marriage.

The only people they consider as family is their own family and then the husband.

I once had an uncle whose wife will physically chase any of his relative out of his house when they came visiting him without the man rebuking his wife because she doesn't do it to her family. She even has two relatives who lived with them permanently but doesn't want to see the man's relative come visiting for 10mins.

Due to this the family gave them a very long spoon, he alienated himself from the family.

Six years later the marriage had issues, all those who are in the position to talk and bring the man back online she had chased them out and abused them all face to face.

Shame did not even allow her to come seek for forgiveness, the man divorced her and sent her packing. The worst part is that she depends 100 percent on this young man, her world came crumbling.

It is good to be assertive sometimes as a man, what you can't tolerate in the long run don't start tolerating it now.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Confused Igbo First Son: Please Help / Can I Marry My Step-mothers Younger Sister / My Husband Said ,sex In 6months Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.