Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,823 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! (3584 Views)

Help Please My 2003 Toyota Camry Won’t Rev Pass 3000rpm / My 2003 Camry Automatic Gear Problem / I Want To Change My 2003 Toyota Highlander Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by kowalsky: 9:50pm On Feb 23, 2023
Piyke:

I'm sure the cost I bought at will no longer be relevant e.g., dollar was 470 when I bought. Its now around 750. Plus I think customs have adjusted duty rates. That said, I recall correctly it was around 6.9 - 7 after fixing all repairs. But if course, cost is affected by mileage, degree of accident, level of duty paid etc. So don't be surprised if you see the same car going for between 7 - 12m
All the best!

Boss please can I get your number?
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by Piyke: 8:40am On Feb 24, 2023
kowalsky:

Boss please can I get your number?
Instagram chat @diyautoworksng
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by fineboynl(m): 12:33pm On Mar 18, 2023
Did you experience leg pulling off?
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by kingreign(m): 1:46pm On Mar 18, 2023
fineboynl:
Did you experience leg pulling off?

He can never experience such!

I know him
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by fineboynl(m): 2:10pm On Mar 18, 2023
kingreign:

I know him
how do one avoid that please explain in details.
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by Piyke: 4:02pm On Mar 18, 2023
kingreign:

I know him

Lol

fineboynl:
how do one avoid that please explain in details.

Beyond the ball joint issue, the real reason why a lot of Nigerians experience breakdowns is that they don't treat cars the way they've been designed to be treated. We buy cars with a plan to abuse them.
How often do planes crash? A major reason is that planes go through a strict preventive maintenance schedule. People don't want to spend money on this critical tool for movement which can determine their life or death.
There are very few faults in a car that can leave you stranded which don't come with warning signs or have a preventive maintenance schedule recommended at a certain mileage.
On the ball joint, you will hear sounds akin to a door with rusted hinges being forced open when you turn the steering. You will also have the popular ka-ka-ka-ka sound when you turn the steering if its the CV axle that is worn leg pull.
I had the former symptoms in 2015, replaced it with a cheap Chinese brand and immediately ordered the OEM from the US. Once fitted, the car remained solid till I sold it in 2022. Last time I tested the ball joint it still had no gap. Yea, it cost an arm and a leg, but I'd rather fix it that way and go to sleep.
Sorry for the long answer!

1 Like

Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by fineboynl(m): 5:31pm On Mar 18, 2023
Piyke:

Lol

Beyond the ball joint issue, the real reason why a lot of Nigerians experience breakdowns is that they don't treat cars the way they've been designed to be treated. We buy cars with a plan to abuse them.
How often do planes crash? A major reason is that planes go through a strict preventive maintenance schedule. People don't want to spend money on this critical tool for movement which can determine their life or death.
There are very few faults in a car that can leave you stranded which don't come with warning signs or have a preventive maintenance schedule recommended at a certain mileage.
On the ball joint, you will hear sounds akin to a door with rusted hinges being forced open when you turn the steering. You will also have the popular ka-ka-ka-ka sound when you turn the steering if its the CV axle that is worn leg pull.
I had the former symptoms in 2015, replaced it with a cheap Chinese brand and immediately ordered the OEM from the US. Once fitted, the car remained solid till I sold it in 2022. Last time I tested the ball joint it still had no gap. Yea, it cost an arm and a leg, but I'd rather fix it that way and go to sleep.
Sorry for the long answer!
thanks.

But when you roll up on AC and playing music are you going to still hear the sound?

Is it like a vibration or just a noice? Or a kind of tightness from the steering wheel. As per difficulty turning the tyres.
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by mejai(m): 5:41pm On Mar 18, 2023
fineboynl:
thanks.

But you roll up on AC and playing music are you going to still say the sound?

Is it like a vibration or just a noice? Or a like of tightness from the steering wheel. As per difficulty from the tyres struggling to turn.
There's no way u can ignore the sound. A very embarrassing sound.
Re: Finally Let Go Of My 2003 Accord! by fineboynl(m): 6:56pm On Mar 18, 2023
mejai:

There's no way u can ignore the sound. A very embarrassing sound.
ok thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rainy Season: My Do’s And Don’ts For Motorists And Passengers / 2018 Lexus LC 500.. Pictures / Can Peugeot 207 1.4ltr Engine Be Swapped With A VW Golf Gti/nissan Primera

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.