Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? (13610 Views)

If We Are Born Sinful/sinners Why Can't You Accept People Are Born Gay? / "Christians Should Apologise To Gays" - Pope Francis / Born Gay? It's Not Your Fault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 10:42am On Jul 11, 2016
An argument I hear often amongst gays is that they were born that way. Look in nature, is there any animal whos sexual preference is of the same sex?

How come its only among human beings we see people claiming an unnatural sexial preference.

If gays are born gay, are kleptomaniacs born kleptomaniac? You apprehend a kleptomaniac stealing in the market, would he be released if his argument was "I was born a kleptomaniac?"

In the name of civilization, we throw sound reasoning out of the window.

I submit the question again, Nairalanders -If gays are born gay, are kleptomaniacs born kleptomaniac?

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by Niflheim(m): 11:19am On Jul 11, 2016
@OP, ever heard of a guy called Aleister Crowley? This his quote should answer your question:........................................."Some men are born sodomites, some achieve sodomy, and some have sodomy thrust upon them."

1 Like

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2016
Niflheim:
@OP, ever heard of a guy called Aleister Crowley? This his quote should answer your question:........................................."Some men are born sodomites, some achieve sodomy, and some have sodomy thrust upon them."
undecided

I agree that some men can achieve sodomy, and some have sodomy thrust upon them
BUT
I do NOT agree that some men are born sodomites. Statistics show that most homosexuals were exposed to influences by older homos while they were young.

If you ask me, I will say homosexuality is a soul disease caused by demons.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by dalaman: 11:29am On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
An argument I hear often amongst gays is that they were born that way. Look in nature, is there any animal whos sexual preference is of the same sex?

How come its only among human beings we see people claiming an unnatural sexial preference.

If gays are born gay, are kleptomaniacs born kleptomaniac? You apprehend a kleptomaniac stealing in the market, would he be released if his argument was "I was born a kleptomaniac?"

I submit the question again, Nairalanders -If gays are born gay, are kleptomaniacs born kleptomaniac?

Gays are naturally born gay. Google is your friend. Homosexuality exist in almost all mammalian species m step outside your comfort zone and learn new things. Recent studies and research shows that even psychopaths are born that way.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by dalaman: 11:36am On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
undecided

I do NOT agree that some men are born sodomites. Statistics show that most homosexuals were exposed to influences by older homos while they were young.

Which statistics? Will you stop telling lies?

https://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2015/jul/24/gay-genes-science-is-on-the-right-track-were-born-this-way-lets-deal-with-it

http://time.com/3733480/ben-carson-gay-choice-science/

3 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by donnffd(m): 11:41am On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
undecided

I agree that some men can achieve sodomy, and some have sodomy thrust upon them
BUT

If you ask me, I will say homosexuality is a soul disease caused by demons.

Oh really, you dont say

Please can you show us the statistics?

and homosexuality have been found in chimps, sheeps and many other mammals, do demons attack these animals too?

5 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2016
Agreed homosexuality has been found in some mammalian species BUT not as a preference or exclusive way of life.

Are kleptomaniacs born?
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 11:57am On Jul 11, 2016
I have seen a man who eats his own feaces. Would you say thatbis normal? How will you explain the rational behind a young woman who drinks kerosine? Is it normal for a young girl to eat soil?

There are many irrational behaviours among the homo spiens. I have seen demons that afflict people in that respect being cast out and the people in question set free from their pervasion.

I was speaking from experience and not textbook speculations.

2 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by TrajansKong: 12:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
undecidedIf you ask me, I will say homosexuality is a soul disease caused by demons.
grin grin grin

Aaiiii!!

The troubles that afflict the minds of African Christian men are unending!!

Imagine labouring under such thoughts, or experiencing them as realities.

Do you ever have to protect yourself from 'gay demons'?

Are you subject to these temptations, my broda?

Seriously.

Have such demons ever threatened to overwhelm you?

Why do we Black men waste our time so concerned with things that cannot affect us in any way whatsoever??

This is beyond petty.

I'm starting to think that EguMogaji has a point. https://www.nairaland.com/3217671/jide-macaulay-regret-not-knowing/4#47424568

Gay tinz are not an area of interest unless you are gay or struggle with or can even recognise 'gay demons'.

People are born gay.

Gay people are real. They cannot hurt you, big man.

Demons are not real. They can't jump out and get you and suddenly 'turn you gay'.

If you believe this, then you are spectacularly feeble-minded and turning gay will be the least of your problems on this planet. You'll be food for every marabout, mallam, winchy-winch, and clown-spook pastor. You will wrestle with 'devils' by day and wake at night, sweating from the embrace of phantoms.

Drop religion and you and the battyman will walk your separate ways in peaceful indifference forever...

Life is good.

We have work to do and a continent to build, gentlemen.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by donnffd(m): 12:18pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
I have seen a man who eats his own feaces. Would you say thatbis normal? How will you explain the rational behind a young woman who drinks kerosine? Is it normal for a young girl to eat soil?

There are many irrational behaviours among the homo spiens. I have seen demons that afflict people in that respect being cast out and the people in question set free from their pervasion.

I was speaking from experience and not textbook speculations.

its obvious you dont understand biology.

Godforbid, we somehow ended up in a post-nuclear war era where there is no clean water, only kerosene, and these young woman of yours drinks kerosine and it does no harm to her, well who do you think would survive better? who do you think would be able to live long enough to pass on her genes?, what do you think her children's advantages would be in that horrible era?

Random mutations creates different features in organisms, what becomes the so-called "Normal" depends on which features fits best into the given environment, that doesnt mean we still wouldnot see features that are strange to the norm

4 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by honourhim: 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Good submission
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 12:20pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrajansKong:

grin grin grin
Aaiiii!!
The troubles that afflict the minds of African Christian men are unending!!
Imagine labouring under such thoughts, or experiencing them as realities.
Do you ever have to protect yourself from 'gay demons'?
Are you subject to these temptations, my broda?
Seriously.
Have such demons ever threatened to overwhelm you?
Why do we Black men waste our time so concerned with things that cannot affect us in any way whatsoever??
This is beyond petty.
I'm starting to think that EguMogaji has a point. https://www.nairaland.com/3217671/jide-macaulay-regret-not-knowing/4#47424568
Gay tinz are not an area of interest unless you are gay or struggle with or can even recognise 'gay demons'.
People are born gay.
Gay people are real. They cannot hurt you, big man.
Demons are not real. They can't jump out and get you and suddenly 'turn you gay'.
If you believe this, then you are spectacularly feeble-minded and turning gay will be the least of your problems on this planet. You'll be food for every marabout, mallam, winchy-winch, and clown-spook pastor. You will wrestle with 'devils' by day and wake at night, sweating from the embrace of phantoms.
Drop religion and you and the battyman will walk your separate ways in peaceful indifference forever...
Life is good.
We have work to do and a continent to build, gentlemen.

Nice post but subjective. If you have seen deliverance of some people who are afflicted you will not talk like that.

My sister had schizophrenia for several years and was under medication. The drugs calmed her down but sometimes in spite of the drugs she misbehaves.

About 18 months ago, she came with her problems as usual, crying, complaining... I decided to pray for her and you won't believe it, 3 demons surfaced...to cut the long story short, the demons were cast out.

She is perfectly normal now, currently doing her Masters at UNILORIN. Science bdoes not answer all questions....therebexist this grey are of knowledge that has its root in the spiritual.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by jayriginal: 12:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
In addition to what has been said, it should be pointed out that being gay hurts nobody. Stealing does.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
donnffd:

its obvious you dont understand biology.
Godforbid, we somehow ended up in a post-nuclear war era where there is no clean water, only kerosene, and these young woman of yours drinks kerosine and it does no harm to her, well who do you think would survive better? who do you think would be able to live long enough to pass on her genes?, what do you think her children's advantages would be in that horrible era?
Random mutations creates different features in organisms, what becomes the so-called "Normal" depends on which features fits best into the given environment, that doesnt mean we still wouldnot see features that are strange to the norm

I do not speak of alternative behaviours not related to scarcity of resources. I am speaking about addictions which the carriers could not break free from. You don't want to eat soil butbyou cannot help the cravings when they come.

Not everything can be explained in terms of biology.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by petra1(m): 12:30pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Very good point. It's a demon responsible for all these unnatural lifestyle .
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by donnffd(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

I do not speak of alternative behaviours not related to scarcity of resources. I am speaking about addictions which the carriers could not break free from. You don't want to eat soil butbyou cannot help the cravings when they come.

Not everything can be explained in terms of biology.

Does that automatically mean that demons are responsible?
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 12:37pm On Jul 11, 2016
jayriginal:
In addition to what has been said, it should be pointed out that being gay hurts nobody. Stealing does.

The point is not whether it hurts someone or not. The point is about a kind of "unusual behaviors". For your information, a kleptomaniac does not usually steal as a means of survival but by compulsion. Many times they steal not because they are broke but from the thrill it gives them for succeeding.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 12:44pm On Jul 11, 2016
donnffd:

Does that automatically mean that demons are responsible?

Of course not. But a sizable percentage is. A simple way of understanding demonic activity is to ask the basic question about character/behaviour:

"Does this behaviour make sense?" Is the action normal and reasonable under the given circumstance?

Demon activity abound everywhere.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by TrajansKong: 12:54pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Nice post but subjective. If you have seen deliverance of some people who are afflicted you will not talk like that.

My sister had schizophrenia for several years and was under medication. The drugs calmed her down but sometimes in spite of the drugs she misbehaves.

About 18 months ago, she came with her problems as usual, crying, complaining... I decided to pray for her and you won't believe it, 3 demons surfaced...to cut the long story short, the demons were cast out.

She is perfectly normal now, currently doing her Masters at UNILORIN. Science bdoes not answer all questions....therebexist this grey are of knowledge that has its root in the spiritual.

You are right, shadeyinka.

I steer a firm course away from tabernacles, temples, 'chatches', mosques, synagogues, crypts, grottoes, and all storefront magic book ooga-booga. Especially white Chizoss tinz.

The only 'deliverance' I've ever seen is the brain-melting foolishness from TB Joshua's Emmanuel TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8g_kpMzaLI

I believe in love, art and science: things which are real and simple and powerful. Things to do with shared humanity.

Science doesn't answer all questions. I'm fine with that.

It sounds like your sister just needed focused attention and love.

Lucky for her, you were there in her time of crisis.

One question though.

What did the three demons look or sound like?

Edited to add: back on topic - people being gay is a complete irrelevance.

2 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by donnffd(m): 1:05pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

Of course not. But a sizable percentage is. A simple way of understanding demonic activity is to ask the basic question about character/behaviour:

"Does this behaviour make sense?" Is the action normal and reasonable under the given circumstance?

Demon activity abound everywhere.

From your above statement, it clearly means you think that demonic activity happens when a behaviour doesnt make sense or if the action is not normal or reasonable.

Now there have been cases where people behave perfectly irrational and abnormal but we conclude that they needed psychiatric help.
Go to a mental institution, we see lots of people with irrational behaviours.
Would you say they are all possessed by a demon?

Also coming back to the issue of homosexuality, homosexuals are just everyday normal people that just have a different sexual preference than the majority of people.
Does that mean that they too are possessed by a demon?

I say this because if a preference is deemed abnormal just because only a minor percentage of the population has it, then cant we assume that those who keeps snakes and tigers as pets are also possessed by a demon, or people who claim soaking garri is their best food are also possessed by demons.

Infact any group of people with behaviours that are not the norms would be regarded as possession by a demon just deducing from your logic.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 2:10pm On Jul 11, 2016
donnffd:

From your above statement, it clearly means you think that demonic activity happens when a behaviour doesnt make sense or if the action is not normal or reasonable.
Now there have been cases where people behave perfectly irrational and abnormal but we conclude that they needed psychiatric help.
Also coming back to the issue of homosexuality, homosexuals are just everyday normal people that just have a different sexual preference than the majority of people.
I say this because if a preference is deemed abnormal just because only a minor percentage of the population has it, then cant we assume that those who keeps snakes and tigers as pets are also possessed by a demon, or people who claim soaking garri is their best food are also possessed by demons.
Infact any group of people with behaviours that are not the norms would be regarded as possession by a demon just deducing from your logic.

Quite an intelligent post you have. However, I perceive that you speak from the premise that all things / event have natural explanations.

I beg to say no! I am a Physicist and we are supposed to believe in the quarks that caused the big bang from which every physical things emendated from. However, if you look at the complexity of the ATOM, you will be amazed. The atom is so complex and structured for one to conclude that it came about by some physical accident.

Of course, this does not proof the existence of God...but we can infer an intelligent design. Science does not deal with things that cannot be quantified in the physical sense. Demons are real, they are spiritual equivalence of bacterias, virus and disease causing microbes.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by CoolUsername: 2:16pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:
Agreed homosexuality has been found in some mammalian species BUT not as a preference or exclusive way of life.

Are kleptomaniacs born?

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7189272953]It has been found as an exclusive way of life in sheep.[/url]
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by 4evergod2: 2:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
CoolUsername:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C7189272953]It has been found as an exclusive way of life in sheep.[/url]

So if Sheep practice homosexuality are Sheep humans and are humans animals? Do we share the same consciousness as animals? Or did we supposedly evolve from sheep?

Assuming we did not and we all have the same common ancestor we evolved from such as a fish or an Ape why do we not share the very same consciousness with our common ancestor?

Make una just dey mumu una self.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 11, 2016
dalaman:

Gays are naturally born gay. Google is your friend. Homosexuality exist in almost all mammalian species m step outside your comfort zone and learn new things. Recent studies and research shows that even psychopatha are born that way.

Bros no one was born gay or straight. We choose our path. But many are not gay because they had little access to gay knowledge.

Man is a product of what he know, nothing more nothing less.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by davien(m): 2:53pm On Jul 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Bros no one was born gay or straight. We choose our path. But many are not gay because they had little access to gay knowledge.

So shouldn't children raised by gay couples be gay based on your thinking? undecided

3 Likes

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2016
davien:
So shouldn't children raised by gay couples be gay based on your thinking? undecided

Most likely if their parent want them to. The greatest making of a man is his association.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by davien(m): 4:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

Most likely if their parent want them to. The greatest making of a man is his association.
I doubt you understand semantics..
You couldn't grasp the fact that your statements aren't what we observe in reality.. including this one.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 4:24pm On Jul 11, 2016
donnffd:

Quite an intelligent post you have. However, I perceive that you speak from the premise that all things / event have natural explanations.

I beg to say no! I am a Physicist and we are supposed to believe in the quarks that caused the big bang from which every physical things emendated from. However, if you look at the complexity of the ATOM, you will be amazed. The atom is so organized and ordered that is is impossible to conclude that the arrangement of this "micro universe" came by accident.

This may not prove the existence of God but at least show the presence of an intelligent design..because every part of the atom is functional.

There are things obviously beyond measurement in the physical sense. Every knowledge in science are at best an approximation. In quantum physics you learn that nothing is exact..perturbations occurs in every thing
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by shadeyinka(m): 4:45pm On Jul 11, 2016
TrajansKong:

You are right, shadeyinka............

It sounds like your sister just needed focused attention and love.

Lucky for her, you were there in her time of crisis.

One question though.

What did the three demons look or sound like?

Edited to add: back on topic - people being gay is a complete irrelevance.

I laugh with my mouth wide open. How do demons look like? They are spirits for Gods sake you don't see them. When they are provoked, they take over the faculties of the demonized person and speak through the person.

How do you explain the medical diagnosis is schizophrenia....the misbehaviours and the fact that she is now free and normal...back to school.

Note: if she missed her drug for a day, the tantrum she would throw up is quite un-managable. No, she didn't need attention. She was sick..and Jesus healed her.

The spirit world is real. Even in Physics, we have what is called "imaginary numbers" try and visualize that.
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by donnffd(m): 4:58pm On Jul 11, 2016
shadeyinka:

I beg to say no! I am a Physicist and we are supposed to believe in the quarks that caused the big bang from which every physical things emendated from. However, if you look at the complexity of the ATOM, you will be amazed. The atom is so complex and structured for one to conclude that it came about by some physical accident.

Of course, this does not proof the existence of God...but we can infer an intelligent design. Science does not deal with things that cannot be quantified in the physical sense. Demons are real, they are spiritual equivalence of bacterias, virus and disease causing microbes.

I do agree, the complexity in the universe is mind-bugling, and we humans have battled with the realization of it for so long, but because something is so complex, does it really affirms design?

You said you are a physicist, and i am very much sure you realize that the scientific consensus is that all life evolved on this planet, Now thats just one way we see how complexity can arise from a naturalistic process without input from a designer, why cant the universe also have that?

Again, because we see something so complex, still doesnt prove that it was designed because we dont have sample of universes to compare our universe with, its like seeing one snow-flake fall from the sky and because of the nice crystalline structure, claim that it was intelligently design without even comparing it with other snow-flakes.

Then you said Demons are real, well i cannot say Demons dont exist, because i dont have enough evidence to make a claim like that, but i do know that there havent been any evidence that supports that "Demons are real", so if you do have any evidence, please show me...and i am sure you would agree now that just acting abnormal cant be regarded evidence for a Demon!

1 Like

Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by TrajansKong: 5:23pm On Jul 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

So you would be gay if brought up by a gay couple and exposed to gay lifestyles from birth, you mean?
Re: If Gays Are Born Gay, Are Kleptomaniacs Born Kleptomaniac? by TrajansKong: 5:27pm On Jul 11, 2016
soulpeppersoup:

No offence intended, but have you ever known any gay or lesbian couples and children who grew up around them?

I have known a few and all the children are straight.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Get The Last Two Digit Of Your Date Of Birth Using The Bible / How Long Do You Think A Church Service Should Last? / Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.