Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment (13611 Views)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / Winners Chapel's Reply To Allegations On Bishop Oyedepo / Bishop Oyedepo's Proposed Canaan City In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by donbuchi1(m): 4:42pm On Jul 02, 2012
The High Court in Ogun State sitting in Ota, Wednesday, fixed July 12 for judgment in the suit involving the founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide and the young lady who was slapped during a church service in 2009.

Robert Igbinedion, a Lagos based lawyer who filed the suit on behalf of the young lady, is seeking the court to award N2billion as ‘general and exemplary damages’ against the flamboyant pastor among other reliefs.

http://entertainmentng.com/2012/06/bishop-oyedepos-n2-billion-assault-lawsuit-court-fixes-july-12-for-judgment.html
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by FXKing2012(m): 9:30pm On Jul 02, 2012
don buchi: The High Court in Ogun State sitting in Ota, Wednesday, fixed July 12 for judgment in the suit involving the founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide and the young lady who was slapped during a church service in 2009.

Robert Igbinedion, a Lagos based lawyer who filed the suit on behalf of the young lady, is seeking the court to award N2billion as ‘general and exemplary damages’ against the flamboyant pastor among other reliefs.

http://entertainmentng.com/2012/06/bishop-oyedepos-n2-billion-assault-lawsuit-court-fixes-july-12-for-judgment.html

This lawyer wants to bring curses upon himself.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by logicboy01: 9:44pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

For trying to find justice for a young woman?

You are a disgusting human being. If this is christianity, then I would rather burn in hell than share heaven with you. azzhole

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by FXKing2012(m): 9:47pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

For trying to find justice for a young woman?

You are a disgusting human being. If this is christianity, then I would rather burn in hell than share heaven with you. azzhole

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers? Tens of thousands of children get slapped everyday in Nigeria, why not go suing others? Why is it only Bishop Oyedepo that deserves to be sued?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by logicboy01: 9:51pm On Jul 02, 2012
FXKing2012:

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers?

That is his job. Lawyers need big cases to market their firms.

As for the girl, justice is needed. You wouldnt like it if Oyedepo slapeed your mother.

Dont be an apologist for evil within christianity.

What is the difference between you and someone who covers up child molestation in the catholic church?

9 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by FXKing2012(m): 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2012
logicboy01:

That is his job. Lawyers need big cases to market their firms.

As for the girl, justice is needed. You wouldnt like it if Oyedepo slapeed your mother.

Dont be an apologist for evil within christianity.

What is the difference between you and someone who covers up child molestation in the catholic church?

So he is only doing it for selfish purpose, not really for justice. Then who is committing the bigger crime? Is it not the lawyer?
Why did u cut off the part where I said tens of thousands of children get slapped in Nigeria everyday. Since when is slapping a child a crime in Nigeria. Do u want to tell me u have never slapped a child (thatz if u r in Nigeria)? Corporal punishment is not a crime in Nigeria and it's used daily by millions of Nigerians.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by searchcorp(m): 10:57pm On Jul 02, 2012
To think that the God I know, love and worship will curse a lawyer for carrying out his duties escapes my imagination. That's not the God I know. God is Love!

I wish all parties involved in this a blissful year ahead and much more - the truth always prevails. Peace!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 5:49am On Jul 03, 2012
Link : http://www.compassnewspaper.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4466:court-adjourns-case-against-oyedepo-for-judgement&catid=90:front-page-

Ogun State High Court sitting in Ota yesterday adjourned judgement till July 12 in a case of enforcement of fundamental rights filed by a Lagos lawyer, Robert Igbinedion, against Bishop David Oyedepo, for allegedly slapping an unidentified girl during a service conducted at his Living Faith Church.

Igbinedion had filed the Fundamental Rights enforcement suit to enforce the fundamental human rights of the girl allegedly named “Miss Justice” before the court, alleging that the “poor Nigerian girl” suffered physical, mental, and psychological torture as a result of the slap from Bishop Oyedepo.

He further claimed that the action was broadcast on the web for the entire world to see.
The lawyer further stated that he coined the name Miss Justice because the young girl “cannot afford to have her name on the court processes due to her age, sex, and safety in a public trial.

Responding to all these allegations yesterday, Oyedepo’s lawyer, Dele Adesina (SAN) urged the court to dismiss the suit in its entirety as the court lacks jurisdiction to entertain it.

In a preliminary objection he filed, Adesina argued that the application as constituted is incompetent, and therefore liable to be struck.

He maintained that Igbenedion’s application does not fall within the categories listed in the preamble of the enforcement procedure of the Fundamental Rules 2009; neither did it come within the ambit of Chapter Four of the 1999 Constitution; the African Charter of Human and Peoples’ Right; and the United Nations Universal Declaration on Human Rights.

WAVES of GLORY...

update:
Justice Ojo of the state high court fixed the judgment date after parties in the matter submitted their written address to the court.

Bishop David Oyedepo recently secured the services of a Senior Advocate of Nigeria (SAN), Mr. Dele Adesina to defend the matter which was filed by a Lagos-based lawyer, Robert Igbinedion, in April on behalf of the young lady.

Mr. Igbinedion in the suit sought for the enforcement of the lady’s fundamental rights to freedom from inhuman and degrading treatment, human dignity, fair hearing, and freedom from discrimination.
He also prayed the court to award the sum of N2bn as ‘general and exemplary damages’ against the bishop as well as compel him to publish a public apology in two national dailies and on one international satellite television.

[size=15pt]Initially when the matter was filed, two members of the church, F.B. Agbanwu, the church solicitor and Olugbenga Adeboye, a senior legal officer in the church, filed a preliminary objection on behalf of Bishop Oyedepo.
[/size]

However, at the last adjourned date, Mr. Dele Adesina in company of other lawyers announced his appearance in the matter and informed the court that he has taken over the matter.

In his amended counter affidavit to the suit, Mr. Adesina urged that the application filed by Mr. Igbinedion is frivolous, vexatious, gold digging and urged the honourable court to strike out the application.
He further stated that the suit by Mr. Igbinedion is an attempt to blackmail and defame Bishop Oyedepo and his church.

“The 2nd respondent (the church) is a religious congregation where all they do is to worship and glorify God Almighty and not to indulge in any assault, oppressive and discrimination of any person,” he urged.

He added that the cause of action as disclosed by Mr. Igbinedion does not fall within the ambit of the Nigerian constitution or the African Charter on Human Rights.

“From the suit as framed by the applicant, it is clear that he gave the name, quote and unquote ‘Miss Justice’ to whosoever on behalf of whom this action is brought.

“Flowing from above, it is our submission that there is nothing to show the existence of ‘Miss Justice’….” He said.

“We humbly submit that ‘Miss Justice’ is a fictitious person, not capable of being represented in court. For the applicant to establish that he is suing on behalf of another person, that person must be determinable and identifiable,” he added.

In his further affidavit to support his motion, Mr. Igbinedion maintained that despite claims to the contrary by the respondents’ lawyers, he is a human rights activist “with vast experience in the field.”

[size=15pt]Mr. Igbinedion also stated that Bishop Oyedepo’s citing of the biblical verse “suffer not the witch to live” during the church service is a threat to the life of the young lady (Miss Justice) capable of inciting her murder by his numerous followers who obey his command.

“We coined the name ‘Miss Justice’ and withheld her name as the young Nigerian girl cannot afford to have her name on the court process because of her age, sex and safety in a public trial,” Mr. Igbinedion said.

On the claims by the respondent that ‘Miss Justice’ is not a living person, Mr. Igbinedion stated that there is “as well nothing to show that Bishop Oyedepo is still alive.”

“We are to take his (Bishop Oyedepo) submissions and position through his legal representative and so is the case of the poor Nigerian girl (Miss Justice).”
[/size]
Even Men of God know how to play dirty....

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Ubenedictus(m): 1:03pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

So he is only doing it for selfish purpose, not really for justice. Then who is committing the bigger crime? Is it not the lawyer?
Why did u cut off the part where I said tens of thousands of children get slapped in Nigeria everyday. Since when is slapping a child a crime in Nigeria. Do u want to tell me u have never slapped a child (thatz if u r in Nigeria)? Corporal punishment is not a crime in Nigeria and it's used daily by millions of Nigerians.
nobody slaped children and boast about it on youtube. Oyedepo did slap and boast on youtube. That is the difference. He made a wrong decision when he decided to go on youtube.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 1:04pm On Jul 03, 2012
Ubenedictus: nobody slaped children and boast about it on youtube. Oyedepo did slap and boast on youtube. That is the difference. He made a wrong decision when he decided to go on youtube.
Um, he didn't post it on youtube. It was someone else who did..

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by dabrake(m): 2:12pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

i see no difference among your types and that of the muslim fanatics. you are a stupid christian while they are stupid muslims

9 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by dinoescobar(m): 2:17pm On Jul 03, 2012
[color=#000099][/color]
Since 2009 na now she remember say dem slap am for inside 2012. The lawyer is a liar.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by hbrednic: 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

you need a brain transplant
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Fabjay(m): 2:19pm On Jul 03, 2012
Hmmmmmm for d fact he's a̶̲̥̅̊ man of God I reserve my comments cos I dnt wanna incure God's wrath
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by stagger: 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
Stupid lawyer. What will he say about the househelp that laced the Ribena that I and my brother would have drunk in August 1981 with cyanide many years back and was sent to a remand home because she was only 15 years? I guess he should have sued my dad to court for nearly beating her to coma when it was found out.

Let us watch and see how this will end. My stand on this issue is clear: any self-professed witch whether child or adult should be chopped up in pieces with an axe, not just slapped. My own personal experience as a kid in the hands of one has cemented this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by TokyoBulls(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

I'm very surprised! I can't believe an enlightened young Nigerian will think or talk this way. Is it because BDO is a Bishop or because the lady is not prominent? I think we need a truly egalitarian society where citizens and their rights are respected and protected. It is wrong for you to abuse and molest your child, how much less someone else's. Let's wait and see the outcome of all of these.

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Afam4eva(m): 2:23pm On Jul 03, 2012
I hope people don't get slapped in the court grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by alexola20(m): 2:24pm On Jul 03, 2012
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by monami2abd: 2:27pm On Jul 03, 2012
If i were the judge i'll thow the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by no1madman(m): 2:28pm On Jul 03, 2012
fuckin fackin pastor!make dem allow me bang him nyansh hard. .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by logicboy01: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: If i were the judge i'll thow the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........

Madness
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nwogbe: 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
Oyadigbo oya. Hope 2 see u in kirikiri soon after compensating the poor girl wella for bragging after slapping her.
For those that sees oyadigbo as a holy spirit & r afraid to condem such act in its strongest term, am a man of God like him & as such, I command u 2 say a BIG AMEN to my post.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by mkmyers45(m): 2:37pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: If i were the judge i'll thow the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........

slowpoke... angry angry angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by mkmyers45(m): 2:38pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

What is the lawyer's business in all this? Why carry it on his head as if he was the one slapped by the bishop? Cant u see he's being used by the devil to distract worshipers? Tens of thousands of children get slapped everyday in Nigeria, why not go suing others? Why is it only Bishop Oyedepo that deserves to be sued?

Because he is a figure people look up to and he shouldnt have done that in public...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jul 03, 2012

If i were a man of God, i would R.ape your wife, break bottle on your mother's head, Cut your father P.enis and kill all your family members since i know i would be above the law for been a man of God. S.toopid F.ool. Am sure you are a cousin to the Retardeen cos you both think alike. sad sad sad sad sad sad

7 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by monami2abd: 2:44pm On Jul 03, 2012
May God forgive u all. So are u guys saying a man of God should be judged because of such(slapping)? Well i guess you guys are not religious. Better repent!!!!!! i repeat judge throw this case out of your court to avoid hell on the judgment day.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Copiousworld: 2:47pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: If i were the judge I'll how the case out of my court. Men of God should be above the law........
lol... did you just read yourself? So when the so called men of God violate the law they should be allowed to walk freely? How many people did Jesus Christ or His Apostles slapped throughout their ministry in the name of casting out demons? Even the white men who brought Christianity to us, how many people have you heard them slap? Wake up bro..A true man of God need no ranting on stage.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Afolabs101: 2:48pm On Jul 03, 2012
FXKing2012:

Slapping a child (child abuse) and corporal punishment are crimes in Nigeria. Assaulting someone by slapping them is a criminal offence. Just because lots of people do it does not make it right. "Everybody does it" is no defence either. If a police man kills an innocent citizen and says but police kill people all the time, does that mean he should not be prosecuted? Should Farcrook be let off the hook because lots of lawmakers take bribes?

I try not to pass judgement on others, most especially a man of God, so I have no comment on what Bishop Oyedepo did. All I know is that we have laws that we should all abide by. That is what Jesus taught us along with teachings of love for others and peace to your fellow man.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by tintingz(m): 2:50pm On Jul 03, 2012
Slapping is not a new tin, buh why shud a MoG slap a girl dat want deliveranc. in the church(public) for that matter, is dis one of holyghost display? He's even boasting on it.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by blackpanda: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
monami2abd: May God forgive u all. So are u guys saying a man of God should be judged because of such(slapping)? Well i guess you guys are not religious. Better repent!!!!!! i repeat judge throw this case out of your court to avoid hell on the judgment day.

Seriously?? Can a person really be this stupid?
Omg! I don't believe wot am reading!
So "men of God" shld have a free license to harass and assault private individuals at will?
Wow, this guy/girl is really a slowpoke.
Pls who even taught u how to use computer? Seems like ur stupidity is beyond belief!

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo’s N2 Billion Assault Lawsuit: Court Fixes July 12 For Judgment by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 03, 2012
The Lawyer should sue this people in the Picture. That Broom in The Picture is for Flogging...which is even worst than SLAP.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian "Church" In UK Selling Blackcurrent And Codliver Oil As Cancer Cure / This Is Why It's Stupid To Say God Answered Your Prayer / Summerise The Bible In One Sentence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.