Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,507 members, 7,830,520 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:04 AM

What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup (12431 Views)

Which Of These Legendary Goalkeepers Would You Start, Bench And Sell? / Ronaldo, Messi And Neymar Pictured Together Watching World Cup Finals / With Less Than 10mb You Can Start Watching Worldcup Matches On Your Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by reeleriksen(m): 7:53pm On Nov 20, 2022
Plenty old men choke nairaland sha
Mine 2010 final
I was even sleeping when iniesta netted the only goal of the game

Na the shout wake me from my slumber grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by deavicky(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
saintokwuluora:
Mexico 86!!! Maradona, Zico, Socrates, Platini, Buruchaga, Tigana, Karl Heinze Rummenige, Voeller, Hugo Sanchez, Badou Zaki, Aziz Bouderbala, Lakdarh Belloumi, Enzo Scifo, Michael Laudrup, Gary Lineker, Emilio Butragueno, and so much more when men were ballers.
all I can say is good evening Sir bros. 1986 them never born 70% of people here let alone watching ball.

3 Likes

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Mustiboy(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
bennyflipy:

Ah

Poco you be aunty oooo.
Weldone ma.

She's in her late 30s
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by crusufixo(m): 7:54pm On Nov 20, 2022
USA 94......I would never forget our match against Bulgaria....that goal by yekini ( God rest his soul ) is still fresh in my memory....that game was played very late in the night.....I remember I was already asleep, but was awoken by screams from my parents and aunties cos of the match. It was not too long that I woke up that yekini scored.... the screams that came as a result of that goal was deafening, frightening, and at the same time exciting.....gosh....that was when super eagles was super eagles.....hmmm....smh @ the lazy chickens we have now

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Chuzoetoh(m): 7:57pm On Nov 20, 2022
compton11:
WC 2006

But I was hearing people shouting goal in WC 2002
indomie nwa
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Chuzoetoh(m): 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Started Agentina 1978 but my first proper World Cup is Espana 1982. I still remember the amatches like it was yesterday and the star players too.
Ancestral spirit
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Mryacks: 7:58pm On Nov 20, 2022
SEYIKP:
I started with USA 94. When did you start watching world cup.

Same here...1994 as a kiddo
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 8:00pm On Nov 20, 2022
ManOfSon:
I know Jean Tigana, Michel Platini, Jorge Buruchagga, Jose Luis Brown, Maradona & Josimar. That's the class I started with.

Careca, Valdano, Toni Schumacher, Jans Culeman, Boniek, Enzo Scifo and many others.

Mexico '86 arguably my best World Cup ever. Ever. Followed by Espana '82.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by doneback04: 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2022
I started watching 2006 when I got in love with football and witness Italy wining the world cup that year
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by akaypary442(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
SEYIKP:
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by poca4real(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2022
USA 94'
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by phemmyfour: 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2022
SEYIKP:
Mexico 86 on radio: Maradona n hand of god against England

Italia 90 on tv
Cyril makanaki n Roger Miller

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by ukelament(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Adeolaeniola(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
Korea Japan 2002
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by goodman5(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2022
Korea/Japan 2002, that final Brazil and Germany will prime ronaldiho omo see ball grin
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Swiperite: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
France 98
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Shollay20(m): 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2022
2002 Korean Japan
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Akuruoulo(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2022
I startd watchn anythng football 2002, bt then i dnt support any team .
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Lukuluku69(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
crusufixo:

USA 94......I would never forget our match against Bulgaria....that goal by yekini ( God rest his soul ) is still fresh in my memory....that game was played very late in the night.....I remember I was already asleep, but was awoken by screams from my parents and aunties cos of the match. It was not too long that I woke up that yekini scored.... the screams that came as a result of that goal was deafening, frightening, and at the same time exciting.....gosh....that was when super eagles was super eagles.....hmmm....smh @ the lazy chickens we have now

Lol

Was doing my Youth Service then.

I remember one game like that when we were at NYSC Camp in Wudil Kano.

Match was Romania against Agentina. Coca Cola brought this Miss Camp thing to our Camp then and we were told to vacate the only Hall in the Camp for the show at the last minute.

Majority of guys actually decided that the Match viewing be taken away from the hall and that the beauty pageant be held there

We had to leave. And to add to it, it was raining, that kind Northern Nigeria Rain in the Night. We the Football fanatics watched it at one Mallam kiosk at Mammy Marker all drenched! Lol

Happy days

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Iphran6: 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
Korea/Japan 2022. As a child at that time I enjoyed the world cup supportive Brazil because of the name Ronaldo but later fell in with Ronaldinho because of his artistic performance against England in the quarter final
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by dreofGod(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2022
bennyflipy:

That was Korea/Japan 2002, almost half of Nigerians that are Christians didn't go to church that Sunday.

You are right, against Argentina. Our exit in France 98 was humiliating, 4-1 by Paraguay abi na Denmark sef. That was my first world cup.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Rikidony(m): 8:11pm On Nov 20, 2022
2002 Korea/Japan, still remeber i was quite young, still in primary school, the matches were played early around 7am here so i do get to school late, all thanks to my dad who was a die hard football lover, still remeber how we coudnt sleep anytime Nigeria had a match, keep resting on dad...
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by ModCaller: 8:12pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by creolehunt: 8:15pm On Nov 20, 2022
SEYIKP:

2002 WC
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Akuruoulo(m): 8:16pm On Nov 20, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Started Agentina 1978 but my first proper World Cup is Espana 1982. I still remember the amatches like it was yesterday and the star players too.
WHY U CUM THE ANSWER LUKULUKU AND NOT ELDER JOHN ?
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Nyanabo(m): 8:18pm On Nov 20, 2022
I started watching the world cup 2010. But I watched it with matured sense first in 2014 grin

1 Like

Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by cayorday89(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
I have a vague memory of the final match of the France98 world cup, saw few matches of the Korea Japan 2002 world cup and also read about past world cups from a world cup booklet by indomie then for the 2002 WC, and I saw most of the matches for 2006 WC in Germany and still have lots of memories from that WC. Those matches were seen from the roadside shop TVs or game house those days when coming back from school or on errands or I lied I was going for evening service in church just to go see the evening matches as I am the only Football lover in my house and watching football is not allowed.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Akuruoulo(m): 8:19pm On Nov 20, 2022
pocohantas:
USA 94 That was the first I watched with clear eyes, but I watched 1990 own in Italy.
Seems like yesterday…
GOOD EVENING AUNTY POCCO
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by saintkeppy(m): 8:20pm On Nov 20, 2022
USA '94 where Super Eagles was under the tutelage of the Dutch Tactician, Mr. Clemens Westerhof.
Rashidi Yekini scoring Nigeria's first ever World Cup goal against Bulgaria with his iconic shaking the goalpost net celebration.

Super Eagles of Nigeria was a beauty to watch then in that US'94 tournament.

After the Atlanta'96 Olympics Dream Team heroics, I became very interested in following football, till France'98 a couple of years later, then Korea/Japan 2002, till date i never missed World Cup matches.
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by adedayoa2(f): 8:21pm On Nov 20, 2022
USA 94
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by Aarondan(m): 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2022
Re: What Year Did You Start Watching World Cup by planetx: 8:23pm On Nov 20, 2022

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How To Do A Bicycle Kick On The Pitch: Ronaldo, Zlatan & Best Overhead Goals / Oshoala Scores, Provides Assist As Barcelona Beat Montpellier 6 - 1 / Ikechukwu Uche Hopeful About The Match Against South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.