Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me (556 Views)

Please Help! Gtbank Is Trying To Charge Me For ATM Card Twice / Did The ATM In Computer Village Scam Me? / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by ForG(m): 8:21pm On Nov 21, 2022
Last month, I requested that a nairalander help fund my Fiverr account so I can order a service.

He charged me black market rate of 735/$ and said he funded the Fiverr account from his PayPal balance.

Now the Fiverr service failed to work out and I've requested a refund.

But he is now claiming he funded from his bank and any refund, the bank will charge at CBN rate.

So I wanted to ask gurus, will PayPal or bank refund at black market or CBN rate?

1 Like

Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by 99thEnemy(m): 8:23pm On Nov 21, 2022
grin grin
ForG:
Last month, I requested that a nairalander help fund my Fiverr account so I can order a service.

He charged me black market rate of 735/$ and said he funded the Fiverr account from his PayPal balance.

But he is now claiming he funded from his bank and any refund, the bank will charge at CBN rate.

So I wanted to ask gurus, will PayPal or bank refund at black market or CBN rate?
grin grin grin
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by duro4chang(m): 8:35pm On Nov 21, 2022
Scammers are so many everywhere you just have to be careful.

3 Likes

Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by Abilistic(m): 10:47pm On Nov 21, 2022
Fund fiverr account?

How is that possible?
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by ForG(m): 10:59pm On Nov 21, 2022
Abilistic:
Fund fiverr account?

How is that possible?

Normal way you fund any account.
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by Abilistic(m): 11:13pm On Nov 21, 2022
ForG:

You can't fund fiverr account, you only earn money in your account when you work and get paid.

If you want to order a gig or make payment, use your naija papal account or card.
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by Builderbet365: 12:33am On Nov 22, 2022
ForG:

Story is not straight. You can't fund Fiverr accounts unless the guy wants to buy the gig for you using his own account.
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by Builderbet365: 12:34am On Nov 22, 2022
ForG:

No, you can't fund Fiverr account unless you are selling gigs. Are you sure.you know what Fiverr is?
Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by ForG(m): 7:40am On Nov 22, 2022
Builderbet365:

Story is not straight. You can't fund Fiverr accounts unless the guy wants to buy the gig for you using his own account.

Abilistic:

You can't fund fiverr account, you only earn money in your account when you work and get paid.

If you want to order a gig or make payment, use your naija papal account or card.

Exactly, that's what he did.

I gave him my login details, and he bought the gig for me.

Re: This Nairalander Is Trying To Scam Me by ForG(m): 11:24am On Nov 22, 2022
ForG:

Please still need an answer.

(1) (Reply)

Cbn’s N100,00 Limit To Constrain Commercial Activities, Cause Dash For Cash / Nigerian Born Favour Ori Unveils New Global Remittance Product, Cherry / Lithium Ore Mining

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.