Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,304 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State (65769 Views)

President Buhari Flags Off Kolmani Oil Development In Bauchi (Photos) / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Fiscus105(m): 11:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

A lot...A WHOLE LOT.

In 1960, the nearest teaching hospital to my father's village was a whole 3-4 hours away, across some really bush and non-existent roads.

Today....the nearest teaching hospital is 20 minutes drive away, along tarred roads.

In 1960, my father's village did not have light.

Today...we are hooked up to the national grid.

In 1960, we did not have the highways we have now...now we do.

In 1960, we had just one university, and 4 in the pipeline...now we have over 50 of them

Nigeria is poor because we don't want to become an industrial nation....but we are better than we were in 1960.

South African blacks are majority poor, despite the whites staying...for a while.

At ur bolded, who caused it? I guess white too!

Meanwhile, at ur analysis, so you wanted to be where you were in 1960 before?

You should compare Indonesia, Singapore.

They started with Nigeria almost together and almost same level, where are they now and where are you? In term of infrastructure and others economy indices!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Parachoko: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
How old are you? I voted MKO in 93. We all had hope of democracy restoration and all. What happened in the end? Election was annulled for no just cause....
How can you be comparing a military regime to democracy?

Buhari will handover to anybody that win the 2023 Presidential Election, even if the winner nah Sowore
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Candidlady: 11:32am On Nov 23, 2022
Viltron:

Don't waste time rejecting cos I'm not interested in a making you a friend.

You've never stepped out of Nigeria so there's no way you'll understand.

Millions of Nigerians are living in the UK. Some parts of London is predominantly Nigerians.

A British man in charge of Nigeria?
Your roads would all be tarred,
your schools would be in top condition not the mediocrity u call universities in this country.
Your healthcare would be in top condition. Not the corruption infested healthcare we have.
There would be accountability.

We are worse off in Nigeria under our leadership. We've failed woefully and shame on our leaders.

Kobonaire234
Please come see a myopic comrade who has travelled round the world

ViltronDSLAve
Imagine him saying a British man in charge of Nigeria? God abeg o..

So the people that fought for your freedom all died for nothing ko.
No wonder with people like you in this world change is something we might never attain
Keep waiting on your so called British being to come enslave you again

Iam dead sure you are a christian.... they never have minds of their own.. always licking the white man's butttttt

Tueh
Slave
Apes obey
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by olatuns2017: 11:34am On Nov 23, 2022
ScamHunter:
Nice
More opportunity to loot, unless Obi cuts them off with a victory in 2023.

I lauf when I remembered

the way u guys swore with your family about Biafra !

Now all your gutter mouth is now with Obidense!!!

When will you guys be smart and face reality

Even if your mentors no go school

Think

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Izuegbunnam: 11:36am On Nov 23, 2022
dododawa1:
SOUTHERN should wise up,stop fighting each other,am talking to TINUBU people and OBI people.
Oil dey your head

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by deavicky(m): 11:37am On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer
and that would've been better than what this thieves of our leaders are doing. Our leaders has done worse than our colonial masters.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Kennydoc(m): 11:38am On Nov 23, 2022
BATified2023:
he will cut them off but he will put it in his daughter account n invest it in his personal business right?

Still far better than stealing the whole money. If he invests in his personal business, the next administration after him can decide to withdraw the investment from the business. My point is that the money still belongs to the government.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Kennydoc(m): 11:41am On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

A lot...A WHOLE LOT.

In 1960, the nearest teaching hospital to my father's village was a whole 3-4 hours away, across some really bush and non-existent roads.

Today....the nearest teaching hospital is 20 minutes drive away, along tarred roads.

In 1960, my father's village did not have light.

Today...we are hooked up to the national grid.

In 1960, we did not have the highways we have now...now we do.

In 1960, we had just one university, and 4 in the pipeline...now we have over 50 of them

Nigeria is poor because we don't want to become an industrial nation....but we are better than we were in 1960.

South African blacks are majority poor, despite the whites staying...for a while.

What you consider as progress in Nigeria is actually retrogression in real sense. Most countries that got independence around 1960 even with far less population and natural resources have left Nigeria behind.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by adabaraabdul: 11:42am On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
He won’t be sworn in even if he wins bro

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.
Why would you say so? If PO wins, nobody can stop him from been sworn in. Are you stylishly saying that Obi cannot win??
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Greattha: 11:43am On Nov 23, 2022
Blame the South-South leaders.

Didn't you hear the Gombe governor saying they wouldn't make the mistakes of the SS? That's wisdom speaking...ĺearn from the mistakes of others even when they choose to remain naive.

That's what happens when incompetent hands are at the helm of affairs. They prefere to have their mansions and big businesses in Lagos and Abuja, only to be told by the TRUE indigenes to go back to their backward states.

Gombe indigenes would soon start singing the same songs.

They already claim they achieved the development of the region without oil derivatives, while imagining what they'll achieve now that they have oil,....forgetting that they have benefited most from the oil money.

Like I said, I blame the Clueless SS leaders
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Dododawa01: 11:46am On Nov 23, 2022
dododawa1:
SOUTHERN should wise up,stop fighting each other,am talking to TINUBU people and OBI people.
uhmmm
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by fxexperts: 11:47am On Nov 23, 2022
owobokiri:

Stay longer to do what?
That would have led them to be directly accused of being responsible for Nigerias failures.
The British are totally in charge of your Oil assets for decades now through shell.
All the major oil platforms in this country belongs to them.
Infact, in practical terms, Nigeria as a country does not own either her Oil or the assets. We pay rent on those who to big foreign Oil coys.
Do your checks..
Imagine this man who doesn't know anything concerning oil mining license in Nigeria. What majority of you lots of Nigerians know is how to fvck and have children nothing more. Who told you Nigeria government is paying rent to the British government you all can twist fact to show your level of hypocrisy and bigotry. For your info these oil company like shell brings in their resources to search for oil in Nigeria and when they found oil the government pass the land use act decree that all land belongs to the government and all mineral resource belongs to the federal government, so they enter into partnership deal with this oil coy to rill the oil and the proceeds is shared between those parties 40 to 60. 60 percent for the government through NNPC and 40% to the oil companies like shell.
you are not ashamed that up till now you all cant drill your own oil in your land you are all just failures i swear.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ObalendeCMS: 11:50am On Nov 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Our statements today should have been, Thank God the British left us alone, if we had had good leaders in various positions. Sadly, our leaders have proven beyond doubts that we can't govern ourselves successfully or lead our people to prosperity. ...its hecause we've never had the best leader in positions since independence. See what had been happening after 1960, same people fighting to grab power.

How can a leader carry what belongs to Nigeria and dump it in foreign banks? How many times had UK or USA dumped or hidden their money in our banks? We keep running to them on vacation, for schooling, for medical treatment, for money aides, for everything, when we have even much more than them? They're still returning the abacha loots till tomorrow. Too bad!

The foundation of Nigeria is not right at all. Anything that would make a Chinese leave their country must be about investment or business. Since I've been visiting disnyland in california, I've never sighted a Chinese on the line. They've made their country an earthly paradise. Thanks to their committed successive leadership. I wish Awolowo had backed off the relationship immediately after independence cos we had that opportunity. Our region would have been better for it today. But he too wanted to rule a united Nigeria, you see?

Awolowo really messed everything up especially for the Yorùbás. He was just too “greedy and over ambitious”.

More like a rich man with his wives but would still want to have another man’s; even a peasant’s wife.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by gateleo(m): 11:55am On Nov 23, 2022
chrisxxx:
There is a lot about this well. There are things missing. No huge reservoir come with such small manifold. Secondly how come that two states own the field but it has one Christmas tree?
Bros there is something not adding up here. You see this kind of christmas trees or manifolds on marginal fields only.

There's nothing about it my friend, small manifold wouldn't determine the quantity of the reserve... let me educate you a little...bigger aircrafts this days come with smaller engines and performance are top notch compare with smaller aircrafts with bigger sizes of engines... So the manifold is not a yardstick to determine the amount of oil underneath...
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Bobbiee: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Walahi people always bashing the British.
Even though they get their own for body if the British stayed longer we would be another south Africa type in the making. Imagine British staying till 1990's.
Using our oil for massive infrastructure growth just as they did with mere cocoa and rubber.
It will be a situation of chop I chop, British chop 60% Nigerians chop40% (which is way better than the over 90% consumed by corrupt leaders).
Walahi we would have easily been the best country in Africa competing with the likes of India with massive infrastructural growth.

Nigeria has to be sold this time to the Chinese

If the British stayed with the intention of Nigerian just being a colonial shitter for them to enrich themselves then Nigeria would be worse than it currently is, but if they stayed with the intention of settling like they did in Rhodesia and South Africa, then some parts of Nigeria like Bayelsa, Lagos, Jos would be developed western cities.
This is actually impossible as it wasn't the lack of resources that drove the British away from the second option. It was the climate.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Grandmeister(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2022
DaveHarry:
Am not sure crude oil is in this place. If you know you know.
That's a Christmas tree...usually used in deep sea drilling.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by KaluwisxPRO: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer

Ask properly the owners of Major oil fields. Chevron, Shell and BP still owns most of them.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by owobokiri(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
007s:

You are wrong bro... very wrong
Oil and Gas contracts works in almost the same way in most countries. For instance, in a Profit Sharing Agreement, IOCs (like Shell) invest in oil and gas exploration and production, they recover cost of exploration and production first, then share profit with the government.
Note: The IOC pay Royalty to government irrespective of profit or not. So most times government receive Royalty, Tax, and share from profit. The amount that goes to IOCs at the end of the day may be a meagre 20 to 16% but they do all the works

Who evaluates the percentage distribution of these Oil incomes as time goes?
Not your extremely corrupt kleptomaniacs who forced NNPC, a monopoly, into bankruptcy? How sure are you that you are not be scammed off?

A foreign Oil major comes here in the 60s and claims it used so so amount to make so so investments and gets an immediate 40/60% cut from the federal government, that lasts for a century and you're here saying that's ok because it's done elsewhere?

Have you seen major oil companies orchestrating the pollution of the environment in say Qatar or Saudi Arabia at the scale of the Niger Delta? The illegal pipelines for oil thefts can also be seen in Kuwait and Venezuela? NNPC is conducting her business like ARAMCO and PETRONAS?

Nigeria can only make money from Oil and Gas if it goes the way of The Russian Oil sector under Putin.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by 4gunners(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Offpointng:

And Nigeria would have been twice better than it is atm. If they had stayed longer, some idiots wouldn't have ruled us
We missed that golden opportunity. Look at SA today, the deference is huge.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kennydoc:

What you consider as progress in Nigeria is actually retrogression in real sense. Most countries that got independence around 1960 even with far less population and natural resources have left Nigeria behind.

Because...as I said....Nigeria is not an industrial nation....and even then, it is countries like Singapore, Malaysia that are ahead of us.

Most African colonies are like us.

Selling natural resources does not make a nation prosperous. Using them to make exportable goods and services...does.

But we are far ahead of where we were in 1960. In 1960, we had only one bridge across the delta...now we have five of them...including two at Onitsha.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

Yes, because that is how they sustained our economy during colonialism. (They did not want us to become too industrial)>

Meanwhile, at ur analysis, so wanted to be where you were in 1960 before?

But of course....that's when your white people were ruling us...

That started with Nigeria almost together and almost same level, where are they in term of infrastructure and others and where are you now?
#
1.Indonesia got independent from the dutch in 1948...and even then , they still have large amounts of poor people. Large parts of that country are like our rural areas...

2.Singapore is good because...they industrialized..and also because they lie on vital sea routes between Asia and the rest of the world...which is why the Brits were there in the first place.

P.S...It is like you hate being a black man. Better get rid of your hate.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Illegal1(m): 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
U can't compare wat happend in 1956 to wat happend in 2022
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by uuzba(m): 12:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

Meanwhile, at ur analysis, so wanted to be where you were in 1960 before?

That started with Nigeria almost together and almost same level, where are they in term of infrastructure and others and where are you now?

https://www.quora.com/Why-is-democracy-not-good-for-Africans

Nigerian problem no dey finish.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by newnigerdelta00: 12:23pm On Nov 23, 2022
ScamHunter:
Nice
More opportunity to loot, unless Obi cuts them off with a victory in 2023.

Lol, loser's you are.... instead of owner to develop na beer owner day produce...see as the north wise pass us, you dey wait Peter obi to come give you shit eat,why your mate's done achieve their goals ....
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by newnigerdelta00: 12:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
He won’t be sworn in even if he wins bro

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.

So owner know
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 23, 2022
There is a difference between the type of colonization that happened in South Africa and the one that happened in Nigeria. In South Africa, the Dutch went there to live and they made there their home; just like the Europeans that migrated to America. But in the case of Nigeria, the British came for exploitation. Even the South Africa you're talking about, the developed parts are the parts where the Dutch originally inhabited; the black parts are still slums up till date.
Simeonjoe1:

Walahi people always bashing the British.
Even though they get their own for body if the British stayed longer we would be another south Africa type in the making. Imagine British staying till 1990's.
Using our oil for massive infrastructure growth just as they did with mere cocoa and rubber.
It will be a situation of chop I chop, British chop 60% Nigerians chop40% (which is way better than the over 90% consumed by corrupt leaders).
Walahi we would have easily been the best country in Africa competing with the likes of India with massive infrastructural growth.

Nigeria has to be sold this time to the Chinese
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Omoodutodaiwa1: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
dododawa1:
my brother you are saying the truth, Nigeria we have north,south,west and east, but Hausa of northern,join there of us together as Southern and our mumu leader don't know the proper thing to do or say .

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Morphinne: 12:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
robosky02:
Compare and contrast the first oil field in Oloibiri Bayelsa state southern Nigeria

The one in the Kolmani oil field site, located in Gombe/Bauchi States northern Nigeria

Note: picture 1 and 2 Bayelsa
Picture 3 and 4 Gombe

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+first+oil+field+in+oloibiri+nigeria&client=tablet-android-transsion&prmd=niv&source

https://dailytrust.com/north-oil-fields-nigeria-to-tap-1bn-barrels-from-first-reservoir/
It’s a win-win for Nigerians and everyone but I can see some chinedus and Okoros still wailing and claiming that oil was never discovered and that the FG used pipes to transport crude oil from the South into the newly discovered oil field so as to lay claim to the 13% oil derivation benefits currently being enjoyed by oil producers grin grin
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Omoodutodaiwa1: 12:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
dododawa1:
my brother you are saying the truth, Nigeria we have north,south,west and east, but Hausa of northern,join all of us together as Southern and our mumu leader don't know the proper thing to do or say .

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 12:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
adabaraabdul:
Why would you say so? If PO wins, nobody can stop him from been sworn in. Are you stylishly saying that Obi cannot win??
Lol. Let’s wait and see bro. Nnamdi Kanu effect is still at large.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 12:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
Amaggedon:
ai swear if he wins he will be sworn in and theirs nothing any Cabal can do about it. I wonder how some of you reason . This is the same thing that pa Adebanjo said and what wike is also saying . how can you allow any part of the country to tell you that it's only them that can make anybody president?
Bro leave sentiment and face reality. The northern elites won’t allow it. I know what I’m saying.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
CSTRR:

Its a lie.
Stop discouraging people.

Nobody will deny him victory if he wins.

Buhari himself has nothing to lose again.
Bro, I’m not discouraging anyone.
I am only stating the fact here. This is not about buhari but the northern elites bro. Especially now that oil has been discovered in the north.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Alleged Anti-Igbo Comment: What Oba Akiolu Really Said — Palace / Governor Soludo Bans Bet9ja, Nairabet, Other Gambling Services, In Anambra / Uchechi Okwu-Kanu, Nnamdi Kanu's Wife In Nigeria To See Her Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.