Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State (65718 Views)

President Buhari Flags Off Kolmani Oil Development In Bauchi (Photos) / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ChristineC: 2:24pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
He won’t be sworn in even if he wins bro

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.
cabals indeed. you are sleeping on bicycle.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:47pm On Nov 23, 2022
Starboytwo:
i honestly don’t know about the happy part tho. I’m pro here, I don’t have any intent in traveling anywhere whatsoever. Wetin I wan go do way I never Dey do for here.

Check my post. No abroad, No jakpa, maybe a little holiday somewhere but I’d be back ASAP. Some people are intent on jakpa, I’m not. I live a very good life here, I just finish eating 3 big Goat meat plus malt as lunch. Wetin else I Dey find

I hope I have been able to convince you sir.

Nigeria will be GREAT.

Thank you.

No Wahala, I go dey observe you.
Lol....

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Jack500: 3:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
Yes Atiku. Especially now that oil has been discovered in the north. The norther elites I know in Abuja knows PO would change so many things if he wins

I am sure you are one of the brainwashed northern slaves that have said Tinubu won't get APC ticket.

You are overestimating the north, use your brain.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 3:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jack500:

I am sure you are one of the brainwashed northern slaves that have said Tinubu won't get APC ticket.

You are overestimating the north, use your brain.
What’s my business with thiefubu? I am 101% obidient.

No one is Overestimating anybody.

I’m only stating the fact here. It is what it is.

By the way, you lack manners.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 3:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
ChristineC:
cabals indeed. you are sleeping on bicycle.
it is what it is bro. Let’s just wait and see.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by wasuka14(m): 3:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
robosky02:
Compare and contrast the first oil field in Oloibiri Bayelsa state southern Nigeria

The one in the Kolmani oil field site, located in Gombe/Bauchi States northern Nigeria

Note: picture 1 and 2 Bayelsa
Picture 3 and 4 Gombe

https://www.google.com/search?q=the+first+oil+field+in+oloibiri+nigeria&client=tablet-android-transsion&prmd=niv&source

https://dailytrust.com/north-oil-fields-nigeria-to-tap-1bn-barrels-from-first-reservoir/

The oil in the North will be very difficult to steal as no way big ship can be use to move the product. And also the pipeline vandals won't have a lot of thick forest to cover head to perpetrate the bunckering evil.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 3:28pm On Nov 23, 2022
Herbiodun09:

And maybe we would have been in a better mess than we are cheesy
we were more better under Awolowo
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Our statements today should have been, Thank God the British left us alone, if we had had good leaders in various positions. Sadly, our leaders have proven beyond doubts that we can't govern ourselves successfully or lead our people to prosperity. ...its hecause we've never had the best leader in positions since independence. See what had been happening after 1960, same people fighting to grab power.

How can a leader carry what belongs to Nigeria and dump it in foreign banks? How many times had UK or USA dumped or hidden their money in our banks? We keep running to them on vacation, for schooling, for medical treatment, for money aides, for everything, when we have even much more than them? They're still returning the abacha loots till tomorrow. Too bad!

The foundation of Nigeria is not right at all. Anything that would make a Chinese leave their country must be about investment or business. Since I've been visiting disnyland in california, I've never sighted a Chinese on the line. They've made their country an earthly paradise. Thanks to their committed successive leadership. I wish Awolowo had backed off the relationship immediately after independence cos we had that opportunity. Our region would have been better for it today. But he too wanted to rule a united Nigeria, you see?
I agree with you brother, Awolowo should have pulled us out of the British contraption, he was the best thing to happen to us.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Simeonjoe1: 3:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

India has a large poor populaiton...it is just Nigeria with more industries.

(I know people who have lived in and visited India. ).

If the British stayed, we would have been even more underdeveloped than we are. The only developed regions would have been the areas considered useful to the British.

Nigeria is underdeveloped because we sell 2bn dollars worth of cocoa, which a company in Europe uses part of to make products worth 17 billion dollars. We only want to import things, not make them.

You want the British and Chinese to build nice things for you. That's not how it works.

But baba we don't have the money to build nice things for ourselves. We need many nice things as a nation lots of them, but we failed building them from the beginning and we can't build them overnight. If we sell to Chinese they'll serves as incentives to motivate their people to invest and help us build. How many Nigerians are billionaires. How many Nigerians can successfully invest a billion dollars worth here? We only have the few likes of dangote. Imagine having 5000 dangote in this country, then we won't need the Chinese and others.

Why I use India is the same logic. Our massive poverty population is not going anywhere not in the next 20yrs. It'll still be there, you just need to outpace development with population growth making sure the new generation are born into a more prosperous country and break the shackles of poverty within the family, then slowly the old poverty stricken generation dies out.....
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s the fact.
Then you must be foolish to think that the cabals has superior powers that of God Almighty
When God says their end is here, no demons can say otherwise
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by sulaak(m): 3:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer

You think they have left. Shell is the largest operator in Nigeria and your president Buhari is based in the UK

2 Likes

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
]
Simeonjoe1:

But baba we don't have the money to build nice things for ourselves. We need many nice things as a nation lots of them, but we failed building them from the beginning and we can't build them overnight. If we sell to Chinese they'll serves as incentives to motivate their people to invest and help us build. How many Nigerians are billionaires. How many Nigerians can successfully invest a billion dollars worth here? We only have the few likes of dangote. Imagine having 5000 dangote in this country, then we won't need the Chinese and others.

1.We can have the money if we all pay taxes (you will cry we are poor) , or remove subsidies on petrol and power (again you will cry we are poor).

UK has a lot of nice things because most people there pay heavy duty taxes (I know someone who refused to japa to UK because tax will chop half his eanrings monthly).

2.It is one thing to build stuff...but we have to pay for its upkeep...that is where taxes and stuiff again come in.

Waiting for some white person to build it....you think they have enough money? Do you know why they even freed us all in the first place? Managing the colonies cost money. Too much money for UK...especially after they finished world war 2.

Why I use India is the same logic. Our massive poverty population is not going anywhere not in the next 20yrs. It'll still be there, you just need to outpace development with population growth making sure the new generation are born into a more prosperous country and break the shackles of poverty within the family, then slowly the old poverty stricken generation dies out.....

India has a lot of poor people. A lot. Large parts of that country are poor.

You want to be rich...take the hard road to industries. There is no easy way to becoming rich...and we are here because we have procrastinated on a journey we should have started years ago.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by robosky02(m): 3:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
TrumpDonald2:

What exactly are you comparing? What do you have in mind in the comparison? Tell us because the pictures are not enough.

The Kolmani oil is for the N... While the oloibiri oil for everybody

And kolmani is been giving so much care even from start

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 4:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
shegoon:
It will habe been better for me and you in terms of human and capital development despite under colony.
it was better for us under Awolowo than under the British
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 4:03pm On Nov 23, 2022
stephinnoyewole:

Then you must be foolish to think that the cabals has superior powers that of God Almighty
When God says their end is here, no demons can say otherwise
You guys just comment based on sentiments and not reality. Anyways that’s your problem. Since you decide to be foolish.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by jjxxx: 4:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
I listened to an oil stakeholder this morning on radio where he analyzed the the cost of discovering oil in kolmani and wat it will cost to explore it. The result is as good as a businessman buying a product for 1000 naira and selling it for 50 naira.
1billion barrel is the estimated quantity discovered and if nigeria is to drill 2million barrels per day there, it will be exhausted within a year and 5 months or less.
I am happy for the oil in the north but the money spent on the project is not a wise investment.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Jack500: 4:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
What’s my business with thiefubu? I am 101% obidient.

No one is Overestimating anybody.

I’m only stating the fact here. It is what it is.

By the way, you lack manners.

Then keep quiet and watch what happens in 2023, no way Atiku is becoming president in 2023
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2022
Jack500:

Then keep quiet and watch what happens in 2023, no way Atiku is becoming president in 2023
Keep quiet too and watch how things unfold.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

You are mahd! God pun!sh you and your generation and even the ones yet unborn. Agbadorian stup!d urchin pretending to be Obidient. Go and keep mining skull and human parts, that is what you are best used at. Fuuulll
coming from a Osu cannibalistic savage, Bola Ahmed Tinubu is your next president whether you like it or not.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Merit1993(m): 4:35pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer
It would have helped us to develop a little just like SA
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by IGBOSON1: 4:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
fxexperts:
Imagine this man who doesn't know anything concerning oil mining license in Nigeria. What majority of you lots of Nigerians know is how to fvck and have children nothing more. Who told you Nigeria government is paying rent to the British government you all can twist fact to show your level of hypocrisy and bigotry. For your info these oil company like shell brings in their resources to search for oil in Nigeria and when they found oil the government pass the land use act decree that all land belongs to the government and all mineral resource belongs to the federal government, so they enter into partnership deal with this oil coy to rill the oil and the proceeds is shared between those parties 40 to 60. 60 percent for the government through NNPC and 40% to the oil companies like shell.
you are not ashamed that up till now you all cant drill your own oil in your land you are all just failures i swear.

So true @ bolded! grin

All these people you see arguing against you are ‘one Nigerianists’ who don’t mind the internal colonialism Nigeria is presently undergoing yet argue against anyone suggesting the Brits should have stuck around a little while longer to save us from ourselves!
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by 2badForReal: 4:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
Who do you blame
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Sanctecosma(m): 6:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
In case you don't know, an oil well could only be abandoned when it has outlived its useful life. That is, no longer commercially profitable.
Just like the new one in Gombe, if the oil discovered is not in commercial quantity, then it's as good as abandoned.

robosky02:
See oloibiri been abandoned

And Kolmani looking fresh

Hmmm Nigeria....
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by GeneralDae: 6:13pm On Nov 23, 2022
fxexperts:
Imagine this man who doesn't know anything concerning oil mining license in Nigeria. What majority of you lots of Nigerians know is how to fvck and have children nothing more. Who told you Nigeria government is paying rent to the British government you all can twist fact to show your level of hypocrisy and bigotry. For your info these oil company like shell brings in their resources to search for oil in Nigeria and when they found oil the government pass the land use act decree that all land belongs to the government and all mineral resource belongs to the federal government, so they enter into partnership deal with this oil coy to rill the oil and the proceeds is shared between those parties 40 to 60. 60 percent for the government through NNPC and 40% to the oil companies like shell.
you are not ashamed that up till now you all cant drill your own oil in your land you are all just failures i swear.
But NNPC drilled the one they just discovered in the North.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ACE1010: 6:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
robosky02:
See oloibiri been abandoned

And Kolmani looking fresh

Hmmm Nigeria....

Because KOLMANI is the new bride....it will soon been abandoned after sucking it dry..
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by t2luv1: 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
dododawa1:
SOUTHERN should wise up,stop fighting each other,am talking to TINUBU people and OBI people.

Yes Sir I am 100% in support. I have traveled and lived in a few countries in this world mainly through my job when I used to work for General Motor as an ERP programmer/Analyst throughout all my traveling I am still yet to encounter a Fulani/Hausa person working at a gas station in order attend an institution of higher learning while out of that country. The current setup in that country favors them which is why they always glamouring for that country to maintain the status code. Something has to change. I am an Ijebu man and I am 100% for Obi. Mind you I don't think he is a saint but compared to the alternative it was an easy call for me. By all means, I will be in Nigeria for the election, and I will be up close and personal to cast my vote for Obi.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by edunaragold(f): 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Offpointng:

And Nigeria would have been twice better than it is atm. If they had stayed longer, some idiots wouldn't have ruled us
make I hear, na lie I still believe say black man mentally na wah, Nigerians go still ask for independent, remember we ask for it.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by sunnnnyuu(m): 10:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Racoon:
So after exhausting the Oloibiri oil well and using the proceeds to go exploit for the Kolmani, the goose that laid the golden egg is now nothing?
What was used to exploit the oloibiri oil? No northern hard earned?
Only thing that annoyed me is Nigerian elites are using divide and rule for them to loot the country treasury, while we are fighting about religious and ethnicity differences they will be looting our treasury dry
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by danhans(m): 10:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:

This is Nigeria. Cabals are still very much active. I’m obidient but that’s tphe fact.
Let's pray he wins first
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by int0x80(m): 10:56pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
That would have been better for Nigeria and Nigerians!
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Simeonjoe1: 7:51am On Nov 24, 2022
Kobonaire234:
]

1.We can have the money if we all pay taxes (you will cry we are poor) , or remove subsidies on petrol and power (again you will cry we are poor).

UK has a lot of nice things because most people there pay heavy duty taxes (I know someone who refused to japa to UK because tax will chop half his eanrings monthly).

2.It is one thing to build stuff...but we have to pay for its upkeep...that is where taxes and stuiff again come in.

Waiting for some white person to build it....you think they have enough money? Do you know why they even freed us all in the first place? Managing the colonies cost money. Too much money for UK...especially after they finished world war 2.

India has a lot of poor people. A lot. Large parts of that country are poor.

You want to be rich...take the hard road to industries. There is no easy way to becoming rich...and we are here because we have procrastinated on a journey we should have started years ago.

Now you're getting my point.
Any president that want to remove poverty in nigeria can do so the easy way.
Reduce tax, remove import restrictions and reduce tarrif seriously. Imported goods becomes very cheap it floods the markets and seriously crash food price and inflation.
Invest seriously in health and education. Infrastructure will suffer (atleast we can manage the infrastructure we have. Yes roads are poor but despite this there no where you can't reach in Nigeria, we have a very large network of roads though untarred).

When you do this Nigerians will sing your praise but Nigeria(country) will curse you.
It's like using painkillers to treat appendicitis, in the long run it'll burst and painkillers will not be enough.
But taking the hard way out just like India will result in less effect on poverty reduction with more focus on industrialization and infrastructure in the short term but on the long term it might pay off (buhari kind of policy).
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 8:14am On Nov 24, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Now you're getting my point.
Any president that want to remove poverty in nigeria can do so the easy way.
Reduce tax, remove import restrictions and reduce tarrif seriously. Imported goods becomes very cheap it floods the markets and seriously crash food price and inflation.

All at the expense of our forex reserves, and jobs in the country (mass importation means jobs get stifled in manufacturing)...and no, it won't crash prices...it would lead to increase in prices, as dollars becomes scarce, and the value of the naira drops.

Invest seriously in health and education. Infrastructure will suffer (atleast we can manage the infrastructure we have. Yes roads are poor but despite this there no where you can't reach in Nigeria, we have a very large network of roads though untarred).

We can get the money for that by removing subsides on power and petrol, and taxing everyone in this country...with the rich paying higher tax rates. We can also raise fees in universiites to fund them better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Soludo Bans Bet9ja, Nairabet, Other Gambling Services, In Anambra / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Ultimatum To Igbos By Northern Youths / Five Governors President Buhari Respects (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.