Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,014 members, 7,817,987 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State (65707 Views)

President Buhari Flags Off Kolmani Oil Development In Bauchi (Photos) / Samples Of Crude Oil From Kolmani Oil Field In Bauchi And Gombe / The first Oil Field In Northern Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by nurudeen181(m): 1:39pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer
they did, just couldnt hold on forever
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 1:41pm On Nov 23, 2022
Simeonjoe1:

Walahi people always bashing the British.
Even though they get their own for body if the British stayed longer we would be another south Africa type in the making. Imagine British staying till 1990's.
Using our oil for massive infrastructure growth just as they did with mere cocoa and rubber.
It will be a situation of chop I chop, British chop 60% Nigerians chop40% (which is way better than the over 90% consumed by corrupt leaders).
Walahi we would have easily been the best country in Africa competing with the likes of India with massive infrastructural growth.

Nigeria has to be sold this time to the Chinese
clown my people didn't benefit anything from the British, everything we have today came from our late sage when he took power in 1951, they used cocoa to develop where?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:42pm On Nov 23, 2022
caye:

Cote d'Ivoire that has been indirectly ruled from direct colonialism to neo-colonialism by the French; how's their lives?

Puerto Rico that is a state under USA, but has different cultures , and lacks many infrastructure; intact for over many weeks after a natural disaster, no electricity.

What about them?

Problem is, slave likes Massa so much that the thought of staying and directing his life, seems scary and too much if an headache to him.

Puerto Rico is still developed than any shithole country in Africa which infrastructure does puerto Rico lack?

US practices true federalism every state develops according to their capacity.

It's on record that Puerto Rico has one of the highest corruption levels in the US.

Cote d'viore still has one of the best infrastructure in West Africa. And most of your insinuations that they are still under neo- colonialism is false.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

So true.
But the percentage sharing formular no favour us.

I would prefer 70% for Nigeria, and 30% or less for Britain.

Nigeria would have been the best country in Africa
Pls bro I want to know if you're from the SW?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Starboytwo(m): 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

But you dey find visa to South Africa and Western countries?

Hypocrites
you got the wrong guy tho.

Visa to southi is the last thing I will do on earth.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

And in many villages, a lot of schools and hospitals were built by the Nigerian government long after the last whites left.

Infact, I work in a hospital that was built and opened some 38 years after independence. I even went to a secondary school that was opened some 20-26 years after independence. And I went to a university that was opened between 1960-75...when oil was not our major earner....

My village got primary, secondary school, long after the whites left the village. Anyone born during colonialisim had to travel a long distance to another town to go to school. And the nearest proper hosptial was 3 hours away by rough roads. Under colonial rule.

Try harder.

Aleast you had a school and hospitals, but they were distant how many of those amenities did you have before colonization?
And who introduced schools and hospitals to you in the first place? Now that you see it as your right to have them.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:45pm On Nov 23, 2022
Starboytwo:
you got the wrong guy tho.

Visa to southi is the last thing I will do on earth.
Good.

But you would happily take visa to US and other Western countries? grin
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2022
BanyXchi:
Pls bro I want to know if you're from the SW?

No.
South East.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

Aleast you had a school and hospitals, but they were distant how many of those amenities did you have before colonization?
And who introduced schools and hospitals to you in the first place? Now that you see it as your right to have them.

And you think that all villages were like yours...and had everything....when in reality, most villages were in darkness, and had no schools, hospitals, and so forth by 1960's?

If you don't like being a black person, say so. Self hate is not good for you. Plus, if you want good governance, be like the whites, and work for it by participating in your democracy, instead of crying all day long for goodies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:48pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

At ur bolded, who caused it? I guess white too!

Meanwhile, at ur analysis, so wanted to be where you were in 1960 before?

You should compare Indonesia, Singapore.

That started with Nigeria almost together and almost same level, where are they in term of infrastructure and others and where are you now?

I keep saying blacks globally do not have the capacity to rule themselves and create successful countries,

Whether in Haiti, Liberia,US, UK,Europe.

Their best shot at it, is 3rd World countries
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Bennycollins: 1:49pm On Nov 23, 2022
Adexgentle005:
That’s the reality bro. Handling over to the military under the guise of coup detat is very possible…

With the oil discovery in the north, PO won’t near aso rock. I have lot of northern elites as friends here in Abuja and I know what I’m saying.

I’m only being realistic. No hard feelings at all. Because I’m obidient.

They know PO would change so many things if he wins. They control most sector of the economy.

So same ppl don't think Tinubu or Atiku won't change things?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 1:50pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

Since they left, what is achiement of self rules?

If it's possible for Britain to reconolise Nigeria, I will be the happiest man on the universe.

White has inaniate behavior to develop, while Nigeria has inaniate behavior to destroy.
what a myopic view, they are the reason we're in this problem in the first place, there's no reason why Nigeria should exist.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 1:51pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

Since they left, what is achiement of self rules?

If it's possible for Britain to reconolise Nigeria, I will be the happiest man on the universe.

White has inaniate behavior to develop, while Nigeria has inaniate behavior to destroy.
I hope you're not Yoruba sha, because my people will never find Oyinbo better than them, and we know our history and current problems.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:52pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

And you think that all villages were like yours...and had everything....when in reality, most villages were in darkness, and had no schools, hospitals, and so forth by 1960's?

If you don't like being a black person, say so. Self hate is not good for you. Plus, if you want good governance, be like the whites, and work for it by participating in your democracy, instead of crying all day long for goodies.

Keep dream.

I hope you know that some parts of Nigeria resisted western civilisation?
Hence why some so little development during colonization.

I do not hate myself , am just a realist.

What I said 20years ago was true than and is still true today.

No amount of election would make Nigeria better than a 3rd world country things can improve but Nigeria and Africa would still remain undeveloped.

The simple truth is they lack the capacity to create first world nations.

Weather you agree or not.

1 Like

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 1:53pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

No.
South East.
ok bro, I see you have a strong belief and feelings of black inferiority or sth like that, so I want to ask a question?

What do you think about the Berlin Conference and why the borders of Africa should be redrawn? Why do you still believe in the British contraption nigeria? I'm asking as a Yoruba.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by ljoh: 1:54pm On Nov 23, 2022
OneCandleAway:
If only the British were aware of the amount of oil we have, they might have fought to stay longer

It was the US that asked the British to leave, you this you fought and won independence
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:55pm On Nov 23, 2022
Eriokanmi:
How old are you? I voted MKO in 93. We all had hope of democracy restoration and all. What happened in the end? Election was annulled for no just cause....the same election adjudged to be the freest and fairest in Nigeria's history. When he was about being installed as a democratically elected president, they killed him in their custody. Cabals are still same people, military or civilian, it doesn't matter. They speak one language. They're evil. They also have the backing of some western nations. A British firm shipped billions of dollars.to Nigeria to bribe government officials to allow them continue their heinous activities at the oil and gas sector. How did they enter and they weren't caught?

Those illegal crude loading bays discovered recently after obi exposed them to the World couldn't have succeeded without the complicity of these western nations. The foreign oil companies are aware too. They collude with the cabals to have their way. A west-bound vessel was even caught in the act, loading crude illegally recently. In order to cover their mess, they set it ablaze.

Any leader whom the cabals see as a threat to their heinous practices would not be allowed to smell that seat, except God permits it and that's why I've been praying for God's will to prevail. The dream I had recently was shocking. I still saw buhari's government beyond May 2023. Prayers are needed for their evil plans not to come.to pass

Crab.

Baseless faceless claims.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 1:57pm On Nov 23, 2022
fxexperts:
Imagine this man who doesn't know anything concerning oil mining license in Nigeria. What majority of you lots of Nigerians know is how to fvck and have children nothing more. Who told you Nigeria government is paying rent to the British government you all can twist fact to show your level of hypocrisy and bigotry. For your info these oil company like shell brings in their resources to search for oil in Nigeria and when they found oil the government pass the land use act decree that all land belongs to the government and all mineral resource belongs to the federal government, so they enter into partnership deal with this oil coy to rill the oil and the proceeds is shared between those parties 40 to 60. 60 percent for the government through NNPC and 40% to the oil companies like shell.
you are not ashamed that up till now you all cant drill your own oil in your land you are all just failures i swear.

God bless you.
Must of the so called woke or pan africanisnist are just ingnorant folks forming intelligent.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Offpointng: 1:59pm On Nov 23, 2022
Candidlady:

OffpointS as usual. . Ishould have known better and yeah for the record Iam not a slave not everyone is suffering like you..

Take out your frustration on someone else please ...

Why not call your white slave masters to come place shackles on your ankles and wrists

Smh
bawa yaro
Kai

Can we all see what illiteracy can cause? you might feel you went through the four walls of university but mentally you're an illiterate and a irredeemable one at it. my comment and what you replied me with, how do they correlate. what does slavery or being a slave gotta do with my first comment??

I'll advice you retrace back to the shade of tennebris where you lost your senses
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Because...as I said....Nigeria is not an industrial nation....and even then, it is countries like Singapore, Malaysia that are ahead of us.

Most African colonies are like us.

Selling natural resources does not make a nation prosperous. Using them to make exportable goods and services...does.

But we are far ahead of where we were in 1960. In 1960, we had only one bridge across the delta...now we have five of them...including two at Onitsha.

Did singarpore and Malaysia become industrial countries by mere wish?

They worked for it.

The British invested more in Nigeria than they did in those 2 countries yet Nigeria is a 3rd world country.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
BanyXchi:
ok bro, I see you have a strong belief and feelings of black inferiority or sth like that, so I want to ask a question?

What do you think about the Berlin Conference and why the borders of Africa should be redrawn? Why do you still believe in the British contraption nigeria? I'm asking as a Yoruba.

What has that got to do with Nigerian undevelopment?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 2:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Bennycollins:
So same ppl don't think Tinubu or Atiku won't change things?
Both are for northerns.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

Did singarpore and Malaysia become industrial countries by mere wish?

They worked for it.

The British invested more in Nigeria than they did in those 2 countries yet Nigeria is a 3rd world country.

And we can work for it too you know.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Fiscus105(m): 2:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

I keep saying blacks globally do not have the capacity to rule themselves and create successful countries,

Whether in Haiti, Liberia,US, UK,Europe.

Their best shot at it, is 3rd World countries

If we bring British (not American or french) to govern our resources cum economy and general admistration,if we agree on whooping 60:40 % in favor of British, I am very sure the 40% accrue to us, will still be enjoyable ifar more than 100% that's obtainable today.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

What has that got to do with Nigerian undevelopment?

have you ever thought that nigeria is a clash of civilizations and that is responsible for it's underdevelopment?
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Adexgentle005(m): 2:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

You are mahd! God pun!sh you and your generation and even the ones yet unborn. Agbadorian stup!d urchin pretending to be Obidient. Go and keep mining skull and human parts, that is what you are best used at. Fuuulll
Lol. This is so funny. Carry your frustration off my post. I am 101% Obidient.

What’s my business with thiefubu and Atiku? I wish you anything you wish me. I won’t trade words with you.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by drakeli: 2:15pm On Nov 23, 2022
Spirit04:
una too like mumu talk. when the British left, people in villages still troop out to savour the ecstasy of seeing a car. Roads were untarred, no electric pole anywhere. Nigerians lived off farm produce like yam and palm oil and people were dying of disease from drinking erosion water(they'd put alum) as a result, you catch a boil and there's a worm inside. una no know wetin una dey talk. you think Brits know you exist? they only want to buy cheap cocoa, rubber etc and live lavishly in London.
You can't compare South Africa to Nigeria, British settled in South Africa
Was 1960 South Africa any different? Look at South Africa today. We’re in the 21st century. With modernization comes more development.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:17pm On Nov 23, 2022
BanyXchi:
have you ever thought that nigeria is a clash of civilizations and that is responsible for it's underdevelopment?

That's not true.

Nigeria undevelopment is not becos of our diverse ethnicity, it could be a factor but not the major reason.

Mind you the British left us with a system that was good for our diversity, true federalism, it was our own ppl that changed it to this monster.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Fiscus105:

If we bring British (not American or french) to rule us, govern our resources cum economy and general admistration,if we agreed whooping 60:40% in favor of British, I am very sure, the 40% accrue to us , we will still enjoy it far more than 100% that's obtainable today

Very true.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by blueAgent(m): 2:18pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kobonaire234:

And we can work for it too you know.

Yes, if we are serious and honest.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by Starboytwo(m): 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

Good.

But you would happily take visa to US and other Western countries? grin
i honestly don’t know about the happy part tho. I’m pro here, I don’t have any intent in traveling anywhere whatsoever. Wetin I wan go do way I never Dey do for here.

Check my post. No abroad, No jakpa, maybe a little holiday somewhere but I’d be back ASAP. Some people are intent on jakpa, I’m not. I live a very good life here, I just finish eating 3 big Goat meat plus malt as lunch. Wetin else I Dey find

I hope I have been able to convince you sir.

Nigeria will be GREAT.

Thank you.
Re: First Oil Field In Oloibiri Bayelsa Vs First Oil Field In Kolmani Gombe State by BanyXchi: 2:19pm On Nov 23, 2022
blueAgent:

That's not true.

Nigeria undevelopment is not becos of our diverse ethnicity, it could be a factor but not the major reason.

Mind you the British left us with a system that was good for our diversity, true federalism, it was our own ppl that changed it to this monster.
ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Femi Adesina: They Said Nothing Was Happening, How About These? / Photo Of Igbinedion & Obaseki That Got People Talking / Governor Soludo Bans Bet9ja, Nairabet, Other Gambling Services, In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.