Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,047 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? (14370 Views)

How Do I Recover My Lost Folder On External Hard Drive: Help / How To Recover Files From A Formated Laptop / How To Recover Files From A Dead Computer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by egberipops(m): 3:05pm On Oct 14, 2011
hey my pals, i also have this hard drive issue and still hoping to recover what i have lost.

1. my laptop just stopped working one evening with out reason and the person that i took it to said the hard disk has crashed and i need to get a new one so i did. this was over a year a go. the crashed drive is still in my bag.

2. my 500gb HDD just stopped working one evening a month ago but this time i slightly stepped on it with my right big toe. my laptop cant see it any more when i plug it in and so is other systems but the power is still showing forth so what should i do please advice me thanks,

cos i have 400gb of office and school work in it so i need a good advice on that,
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by xcalag: 11:57am On Oct 15, 2011
If u want to recover your files from shortcut,
Go to the dropbar in your windows explorer, locate your external harddisk and type the file name in front of the harddisk indicator (e.g. F/nairaland where F is your harddisk storage and nairaland is your file name). Goodluck
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by bigsammie: 9:43pm On Oct 15, 2011
a fast one here u cn try out if u r experiencin problems of files displayin shortcuts, u cn go 2 ur menu bar after openin or explorin d drive, then go 2 ur 'tool' option, from d dropdown,select d 'view' option, then uncheck all boxes that says hide folders or OS files,etc, click apply n i cn bet u shud now b able 2 view d contents of ur drive despite d shortcuts.gudluck. Sam Smith 07036641723
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by bidey: 10:31pm On Oct 19, 2011
Pls i need original version of zuma game. Can anybody help me wit it?
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2011
Zuma link
[url]http://uploading.com/files/1a6959b8/Zuma%2527s_Revenge%2521_Zuma%2527s_Revenge%2521.exe/[/url]
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by sameolg616(m): 11:03am On Oct 25, 2011
hello,here are some important checks u must make before attempting a hard disk recovery,
1, ensure the hard drive is not physically damaged, how?when you connect the hard drive to an external enclosure,if you here a clicking sound then the hard drive 'may' not be recoverable,
2, ensure the partition table is not damaged, if it is,use special tools like "FIND AND MOUNT" to mount the partition and temporarily transfer data out of the hard disk to another location, NEVER MAKETHE SOURCE HARD DISK THE TARGET HARD DISK.IE THE HARD DISK MUST BE RECOVERED TO ANOTHER SYSTEM TO SAVE THE FILES(why?when u delete data from ur hard dirve,its location is not completely erased but cant only be accessed until the data has been overwritten, that is why data can be recovered! only wen u use a FILE SHREDDER can data be totally deleted
3, ensure that the hard drive is not having bad sectors, when a hard drive has bad sectors,data becomes difficult to be read/written from that particular location and eventually resulting in a freeze,bluescreen, ex when ur boot files are stored in a bad sector,the system hangs on startup because it cant reference that location, use special tools like HDAT,HDD REGENERATOR(MOSTLY IN DOS MODE for me,i do it in linux mode so i can violate every microsoft rights/security and have full priviledge to the hard drive,
4, lastly,use the most reliable/efficient recovery tools ACTIVE RECOVERY,STELLAR PHOENIX, mind you,anything free doesnt work efficiently,these are all commercial softwares,
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by Getjamez(m): 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
Pls can some1 help me out, my external hard disk is promting me a message that i cannot use it utill i format>>>>>pls What can i do??
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by lawmanlala(m): 4:56pm On Dec 15, 2011
sameolg616:

hello,here are some important checks u must make before attempting a hard disk recovery,
1, ensure the hard drive is not physically damaged, how?when you connect the hard drive to an external enclosure,if you here a clicking sound then the hard drive 'may' not be recoverable,
2, ensure the partition table is not damaged, if it is,use special tools like "FIND AND MOUNT" to mount the partition and temporarily transfer data out of the hard disk to another location, NEVER MAKETHE SOURCE HARD DISK THE TARGET HARD DISK.IE THE HARD DISK MUST BE RECOVERED TO ANOTHER SYSTEM TO SAVE THE FILES(why?when u delete data from your hard dirve,its location is not completely erased but cant only be accessed until the data has been overwritten, that is why data can be recovered! only wen u use a FILE SHREDDER can data be totally deleted
3, ensure that the hard drive is not having bad sectors, when a hard drive has bad sectors,data becomes difficult to be read/written from that particular location and eventually resulting in a freeze,bluescreen, ex when your boot files are stored in a bad sector,the system hangs on startup because it cant reference that location, use special tools like HDAT,HDD REGENERATOR(MOSTLY IN DOS MODE for me,i do it in linux mode so i can violate every microsoft rights/security and have full priviledge to the hard drive,
4, lastly,use the most reliable/efficient recovery tools ACTIVE RECOVERY,STELLAR PHOENIX, mind you,anything free doesnt work efficiently,these are all commercial softwares,
Pls can u send me ur number, my email Lawwillie@yahoo.com my laptop hdd has crashed, pls help me recover my files
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:57pm On Dec 15, 2011
Here i Come Live!!! again

London used laptop,New laptops,

All kinds of Blackberry, Torch, Bold 1,2,3,4,5, Curve 1,2,3 at cheapest Rate grin grin grin grin

Nokia phones.then all the computers accessories, desktop system.

Flash usb modem for browsing at Attractive Rate!!!

My company name remains Fedics technology Nig ltd .

Call me on 08066063727,

COMPUTER VILLAGE SUIT

NAME EVERESTUS MGBENKA
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by sandy24: 10:42pm On Jan 31, 2012
Unless if it is not a physical problem to the hard drive, you can recover files from the damaged hard drive. If your computer doesn't detect your hard drive, then remove it and connect to some healthy computer. If it gets detected, run recovery software in order to recover files from hard drive.
I used Remo File Recovery software a month ago and got my files back with ease. Download the free version of the software and check for the recovery results.
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by june263: 9:33am On Dec 18, 2013
I was having the same problem last time, then I found a step by step tutorial which is really helpful, you may take a look. Here it is: Recover data from dead hard drive

The guide is easy to follow and works well for me.
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by Feonar1: 7:47am On Jul 18, 2014
Data Recovery software that works impressively stellar to accomplish the process of recovering lost, deleted, or inaccessible data on Windows based drives and removable media.
how to retrieve deleted photos from iPhone
. Recovers mission-critical files from Windows hard drive and supported external media
. 'Raw Recovery' feature to flawlessly recover files from severely corrupt media
. Recovers deleted emails in MS Outlook and Outlook Express ? Recovers files from damaged or corrupt optical media
. Support for broad range of files types, including documents, photos, and multimedia files

how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone 4
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by Feonar1: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2014
Data recovery app can help.
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by wayisshut: 8:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
sameolg616:
2, ensure the partition table is not damaged, if it is,use special tools like "FIND AND MOUNT" to mount the partition and temporarily transfer data out of the hard disk to another location, NEVER MAKETHE SOURCE HARD DISK THE TARGET HARD DISK.IE THE HARD DISK MUST BE RECOVERED TO ANOTHER SYSTEM TO SAVE THE FILES(why?when u delete data from ur hard dirve,its location is not completely erased but cant only be accessed until the data has been overwritten, that is why data can be recovered! only wen u use a FILE SHREDDER can data be totally deleted
3, ensure that the hard drive is not having bad sectors, when a hard drive has bad sectors,data becomes difficult to be read/written from that particular location and eventually resulting in a freeze,bluescreen, ex when ur boot files are stored in a bad sector,the system hangs on startup because it cant reference that location, use special tools like HDAT,HDD REGENERATOR(MOSTLY IN DOS MODE for me,i do it in linux mode so i can violate every microsoft rights/security and have full priviledge to the hard drive,

hello sir, i think i have an issue my system cant read see my external HDD. but the icon appears on my task bar. I may be mistaken but I feel My External HDD has crashed. Sir I have some important documents in it. How can I retrieve it
Re: Can I Recover Files From My Damaged Hard Drive? by sotall(m): 10:53am On Oct 16, 2016
wayisshut:

hello sir, i think i have an issue my system cant read see my external HDD. but the icon appears on my task bar. I may be mistaken but I feel My External HDD has crashed. Sir I have some important documents in it. How can I retrieve it
call or whatsapp 08164685979 . I can help you if you are in Lagos.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Add Computer To Existing Network / Microsoft Goes Down For Users Across The World / ASK Me The License Key To Unlock Your PC Software.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.