Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,700 members, 7,820,444 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:59 PM

President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting (55953 Views)

Deji Adeyanju Reacts To The Redesign Of Naira Notes / Pastor Adeboye Criticises FG Over Plan To Redesign Naira / Buhari Presides Over FEC Meeting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Ruthymoon(f): 11:56am On Nov 23, 2022
I nor see any redesign here oo, na paper made of different colors , i mean the worst color, that doesn't represent this country in any way, nonsense, at least they should have use green on 1000, , rubbish angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Emarex: 11:56am On Nov 23, 2022
immortalcrown:
They are indirectly showing how they have devalued Naira. Take a look at the colours. They are telling you that they have reduced N1000 to N50, N500 to N20 and N200 to N10.
undiluted truth

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Phyde: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
Redesign or change colour? I see no difference.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
SHIT grin

NOW ANYONE CAN PRINT
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by PrinceOfLagos: 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
Joke
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by OdefaGirl(f): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
So disappointed..... As usual, they have disappointed Nigerians again, even their supporters couldn't help but express it.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by MadamVanessa(f): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
The only good thing is that those Arabic write up is no longer there, aside that, it's rubbish.
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by mozona(m): 11:57am On Nov 23, 2022
nonsense.. i see nothing spectacular about the changes
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by candidbabe(f): 11:58am On Nov 23, 2022
Hmmmmm
These colors are not fine, i prefer the old currencies.

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Kaymansion(m): 11:59am On Nov 23, 2022
shocked Wow! This is extremely beautiful
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by wasuka14(m): 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2022
Nemesis0147:
Waste of resources !!
Emefiele Should be arrested!!
The kind of looting going on in this government will shock Nigerians when another government takes over!
PO has a lot of work to do come next year.

Is only looting going on u see in this govt. What did your prefer govt did pass this administration? We can see many physical things done by this administration you claimed looting, what can you show us from pass administration that's not looting.? You just want to talk because this is online
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Patson080(m): 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
I'm sure this was REDESIGNED for a with billion naira
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Chrysdubee(m): 12:01pm On Nov 23, 2022
Snapchat filter work wella
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Pootle: 12:02pm On Nov 23, 2022
change of colour not a redesign for me undecided
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by airsaylongcome: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
AzizG550:
So what exactly did they redesign? And by the way what’s the Arabic inscription still doing there, are we an Arabic nation? English is our one and only official language, if we should accommodate Arabic then they should add Latin too, Roman Catholics use Latin.

That's not Arabic. That's Hausa written with Arabic script just like we write pidgin or Yoruba with Latin script

5 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
immortalcrown:
They are indirectly showing how they have devalued Naira. Take a look at the colours. They are telling you that they have reduced N1000 to N50, N500 to N20 and N200 to N10.
The colours makes no difference, even if the colours are pink, red or purple, the amount printed on them is what matters, which means they still invaluable, The US has not changed the colours of their currencie for decades still the dollar is valuable, changing the colours means nothing
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by muyico(m): 12:04pm On Nov 23, 2022
Obasanjo make out many currency!
but other presido just dey change d color! Including jonathan! Bubu want do 2k and 5k and 10k note but economics crisis didnt allowed him.if i not fit produce note, i wil change colors

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Jevica: 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
Na wao oh. What a waste
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by CutSoap(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2022
The only thing i saw is the changes in colour of the currencies. I don't know if i'm the only person seeing this. But is this what they call Naira Redesign?
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 23, 2022
Patson080:
I'm sure this was REDESIGNED for a few billion naira
Very good observations, The question people forgot to ask, they are just corrupt scammers

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Smokedetector: 12:07pm On Nov 23, 2022
This country dey burst my head. Wetin be this ?
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Illegal1(m): 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
Which kind money be dis nah,abi na eye dey pain me?
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2022
They can change the colulours or designs all they want, the monies are still rubbish
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Illegal1(m): 12:09pm On Nov 23, 2022
Kaymansion:
shocked Wow! This is extremely beautiful

wetin dey beautiful abt dis money?
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Nobody: 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
immortalcrown:
clown
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Gwan2(m): 12:12pm On Nov 23, 2022
DADYLEED:
Don't worry dem never design am finish,na just the specimens. IT REMAIN BIAFRA LOGO INSCRIPTIONS.

I’m not Igbo mind you…if your rejoinder purpose is to get at me.

I’m just being logical as to why a secular country with English as her lingua Franca will inscribe Arabic just to appease some section of the country without balancing same act to other sections.
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by justmi1: 12:16pm On Nov 23, 2022
I see this as a brilliant move by cbn, the currency was redesigned yet NOT DESIGNED. Its only the colour shade that differs which means they didn't have to spend more in deviating into another design.
They still used existing templates and materials. So we should look at it more as replacement, because eventually bills is still printed from time to time, only that the old ones would not be accepted again to force currency hoarders to bring out stashed notes.
I see this helping the economy in a way though we need to make more policies that would help smes as well as create necessary infrastructure.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by perdollar(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
I still insist that Arabic inscription be removed from the naira note

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by FireUpNow(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
Zico5:
What's the difference pls. This government is just pathetic. They just soaked our naira notes inside coloured adire and called it redesign. May thunder fire all these leaders for wasting our scarce resources.
Are you not part of those druming support for their return? You people want their financial Tinubu to come back for more bastardization of the country as a whole
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Dreamhighnow(m): 12:20pm On Nov 23, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Foolish zombie ass licker

Ewu gambia grin

Ewu

Idiot
Re: President Buhari Unveils The Redesign Naira, Presides Over FEC Meeting by Ifeco555: 12:21pm On Nov 23, 2022
I think this is somehow good considering the fact that the amount of money used in printing naira notes is much much much much more than the value printed
So with this development much less will be required to print the new naira notes

Our current notes have multiple colors but this has just two with what I'm seeing

I told one of my friends earlier that what will make this redesign of naira a wonderful idea will be

1. If they will reduce the multiple colors to two just like dollar

2. If they will keep to their word with the stipulated deadline date cos it will reduce the power of vote buying already planned by those politicians whose ambition is to get into power by all means

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari To Appoint Self As Petroleum Minister - PM News/Reuters / Man Refuses To Give Hausa-Fulani Beggar Money Because Of Buhari / Wole Soyinka Reacts To Suspension Of Twitter In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.