Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,287 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:13 AM

Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell (79837 Views)

He Is Tired Of Canada And Wants To Come Back To Nigeria / Price Of Canada Ticket From Nigeria / Nigerian Woman Begging On The Streets Of Canada. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 2:10am On Feb 05, 2023
Nko1:

I believe someone like you don’t know what it means to suffer.maybe you got everything on the platform of gold or you have total support while growing up.

The 140,000 millions Nigerians in poverty if put in your shoes will not hesitate to take your place. People can not afford to eat even a square meal a day wtf are you talking about. You are in a place where you can go out and work for an hour and feed yourself. If 140,000 million plus Nigerians can even get an hour job to feed themselves they will be happier than they have never been. I guess you need to taste poverty then you can feel what I am saying

I was born in poverty
Total poverty
Alas I left Nigeria at 19 to Canada because of poverty
But I hate it here. Some of you need to travel and stfu!
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 2:24am On Feb 05, 2023
juman:
Also you don't need four thousand dollars to visit Nigeria.

From nordic here people travel home with less than one thousand dollars.
Flight ticket is less than seven hundred dollars for some cheap airline and some guys travelled home with two to three hundred dollars in the pocket.

Even in some off period the lufthansa, klm etc are just little over three hundred dollars to travel home from nordic.

Canada is not Nordic or whatever that means. Cheapest flight ticket here is in 1700s
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 2:34am On Feb 05, 2023
jimpix11:
We like our deep freezer

Some of us don't

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 2:35am On Feb 05, 2023
Kenn55:

Everybody's reality is different. If you live in Lagos and suddenly find yourself living somewhere in Gombe state, would life be the same for you? It's not about Canada, it's a function of where you are.

I live in the same Canada but I'm enjoying my life. I attend a Nigerian church Redeem, I belong to an association of Nigerians in the city. I attended countless number of parties, occassions, barbecues etc hosted by Nigerians this year. It has been all fun this year especially after covid disruptions. The naija community here is bubbling, no dull moment

If your friend lives in multi cultural areas where you have lots of Nigerians, I don't see how one can be lonely except the person wants to be lonely cos there are too many events that becomes difficult to keep up with.

If your friend lives in an area where he is the only black man, then it's wise to relocate to other areas. Even in Canada, people do move from one area to another,one city to another and even one province to another. Govt no use chain tie anybody yansh for one place.

Largely Canada is a lonely place.
You can't compare with 9ja in terms of sociality

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 2:38am On Feb 05, 2023
I understand how you feel Op. I am leaving Canada too. Just waiting for elections to be over soon.

I am fucking done.

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by jimpix11: 5:19am On Feb 05, 2023
Sarang:

Some of us don't

No one is been held against their will...... grin
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by juman(m): 5:33am On Feb 05, 2023
Sarang:

Canada is not Nordic or whatever that means. Cheapest flight ticket here is in 1700s

1700 for flight.
500 for pocket.
So 2200 dollars is enough.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by juman(m): 6:13am On Feb 05, 2023
cooooooks:
A friend is going to Canada next week. She has a lot of space in her luggage and will help anyone in the Port Harcourt area carry things to Canada for a small fee.

Dont carry anything for anybody to prevent sad story.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 6:50am On Feb 05, 2023
juman:

1700 for flight.
500 for pocket.
So 2200 dollars is enough.

Lol 500 for pocket for how long

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 6:51am On Feb 05, 2023
jimpix11:

No one is been held against their will...... grin

And it's okay to choose naija

Everyone is NOT happy with Canada so deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by juman(m): 7:32am On Feb 05, 2023
Sarang:

Lol 500 for pocket for how long

It's the size of rat that determine the size of the rat's house. 500 dollars is enough for two weeks or even longer for somebody that missed home and doesn't have lot of money.

While person with plenty of money can travel home with tens of thousands of dollars as pocket money.

I have seen people traveled home with just 200 euro as pocket money. Yeah. 200 euro.
He told those at home of his pocket before traveling, so they didn't expect anything from him when he got home. When he returned he said his visit was enjoyable.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by Sarang(f): 7:36am On Feb 05, 2023
juman:

It's the size of rat that determine the size of the rat's house. 500 dollars is enough for two weeks or even longer for somebody that missed home and doesn't have lot of money.

While person with plenty of money can travel home with tens of thousands of dollars as pocket money.

I have seen people traveled home with just 200 euro as pocket money. Yeah. 200 euro.
He told those at home of his pocket before traveling, so they didn't expect anything from him when he got home. When he returned he said his visit was enjoyable.

Thanks for telling me. Naija is quite expensive now. I don't think 500 will go a long way. But it's good to know.

1 Like

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by cooooooks(m): 12:28pm On Feb 05, 2023
Yup. Didn't.
juman:

Dont carry anything for anybody to prevent sad story.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by IbeOkehie: 7:19am On Mar 23, 2023
Gerrard59:

When he relocated to Canada, what was he expecting? A black majority locality? I don't understand some of you people o. You left Nigeria - the world's most populous black nation - to Canada yet whine that there are very few blacks around? You no read the demographics of Canada before you enter the country ni? Do you know the results of having many blacks within a particular area?

LOL, okay that's funny! grin shocked grin
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gracedson: 12:24pm On Jan 03
gracedson:
I can relate, I came last year December too, I can’t count how many times I have cried and fell into depression
Update:: I left for good, I have been in Nigeria since June and that's the best thing i have ever done, I wish i had left Canada earlier on.

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by hammed71(m): 4:18pm On Jan 03
So how do you feel now, do you also have any plans of moving to another country later one apart from Canada
gracedson:
Update:: I left for good, I have been in Nigeria since June and that's the best thing i have ever done, I wish i had left Canada earlier on.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gracedson: 6:27pm On Jan 04
hammed71:
So how do you feel now, do you also have any plans of moving to another country later one apart from Canada
I feel alive. I have control over my life and my time.

My experience in Canada was Bitter-Sweet. Of course it gave me exposure. Now i see Business(es) everywhere, there is a lot of money to make in Nigeria.

Never will i move to another country again, except for vacations or short stay.

2 Likes

Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by being(m): 12:26pm On Jan 12
gracedson:
I feel alive. I have control over my life and my time.

My experience in Canada was Bitter-Sweet. Of course it gave me exposure. Now i see Business(es) everywhere, there is a lot of money to make in Nigeria.

Never will i move to another country again, except for vacations or short stay.
Perhaps u should expound more on what u mean by bitter sweet of Canada, hw do u feel alive, what do u mean by u didn't have control over your life in canada, so people can learn.
Re: Lonely Part Of Canada No One Bothers To Tell by gracedson: 5:19pm On Jan 12
being:

Perhaps u should expound more on what u mean by bitter sweet of Canada, hw do u feel alive, what do u mean by u didn't have control over your life in canada, so people can learn.
Okay, i will do that when i have some free time.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Tourists Worldwide Flock To See This Strange Ice Volcano In Kazakhstan (Photos) / How Anambra Is Closing Borders With Neighboring States (Photos) / Asaba And Benin City: Which Is More Beautiful? (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.