Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,043 members, 7,810,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? (3220 Views)

I Get Really Scared Whenever Someone Dies / Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 4:37am On Nov 24, 2022
Last night, I went to charge phone is a neighbors place cos the generator was on. I went there and I noticed things were different.
The outside door was locked. I knocked and she kept saying 'Who is there?' I was surprised cos they simply just open cos they knew who it will be at that time of the night. I did not reply but she kept asking again until she stopped asking. I knocked again but was asked the same question, I told them it was me, Emmanuel.
They opened for me and I charged. She (a very mature lady) asked me if I heard of the man that died yesterday as he lived in the same house but in a different flat and I said yes. She then asked if I was scared. I almost laughed but I said no. I then understood everything that happened: The fear of the dead.

I remember that growing up, I used to have this terrible fear of the dead and death, I hate such stories of dead people and the movies I watch won't make me sleep. If someone dies, I sleep like someone is hunting me. I was just fearful
But when I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses about the condition of the dead, the fear left me. Every molecule of such fear left me so much that I even stopped fearing other people and animals. I learned the truth about the dead and it set me free.
I just thank Jehovah for divine truths, I can even go and sleep next to that man on the same bed and even cross my body over his and I won't fear anything... The dead are unconscious. They can't do what the living can do. They can't harm or help us. They have no thought or knowledge. They don't know who loved or hated them, who were their friends or enemies or who are owning them money. They are simply DEAD.

There are different doctrines and opinions and philosophies concerning the dead, death but all cannot be true right?

Who can tell us the truth about death and the dead? It is Jehovah God as he knows everything, he is the source of life and he can tell us what happens when we die

Where can we find answers to that question? It is found in Ecclesiastics 9:4-6, 10:

4.There is hope for whoever is among the living, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion.
5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun
10.Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

The dead are unconscious, we can't help or feed them and they can't help us. No need to fear them, pay mass for them or appease them or give them food or wine or observe expensive things for them. Those who know the truth of the dead are free from fear and financial expenses or them. They are not suffering somewhere or in a hellfire or purgatory. They are sleeping in the grave and in God's due time, he will resurrect them. What a hope!

Now I can walk through a cemetery with no fear

4 Likes

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by illicit(m): 5:07am On Nov 24, 2022
They depreciate
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 5:32am On Nov 24, 2022
THAT SOMEONE GOES TO EITHER HELL OR HEAVEN.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 5:38am On Nov 24, 2022
The Scrap is absorbed either permanently into Dust or evaporated into the Sky.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:40am On Nov 24, 2022
John 8:32
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by hopefulLandlord: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2022
I'd let Keanu Reeves take it from here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2022
Man is made up of dust from the earth and the breath of God.
At death, God takes his breath and the body is buried to become part of the earth...just like return to default settings...

In between is life,
Life is a journey from B to D that is from Birth to Death. In between B and D is C...C is for choices. Which is the only thing we own. In other to make life more meaningful and interesting God gave us laws to keep and follow......because at the end, our body returns to earth and our breath returns to God ....

The only purpose of life is to enjoy it..

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by KnownUnknown: 2:28pm On Nov 24, 2022
sonmvayina:
Man is made up of mostly water from comets and the ejaculation of Mazda PUBBAH.
At death, Mazda PUBBAH takes his seed and the body is buried to become part of the earth...just like return to factory settings...

In between is life,
Life is a journey from AB to CD that is from myriad elements to Birth to Living to Death to myriad elements. In between B and D is C...C is for choices. Which is the only thing we own. In other to make life more meaningful and interesting Mazda PUBBAH gave us reason to keep and follow......because at the end, our body returns to earth and our seed returns to Mazda PUBBAH ....

The only purpose of life is according to the will of Mazda PUBBAH

2 Likes

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:01pm On Nov 24, 2022
hopefulLandlord:
I'd let Keanu Reeves take it from here

See the way he looks crazy as he speaks. Clearly it tells us that he is delusional!
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 5:09pm On Nov 24, 2022
Aemmyjah:
...But when I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses about the condition of the dead, the fear left me...

Actually when you heard what you would have liked to hear, that is what happened.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by hopefulLandlord: 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See the way he looks crazy as he speaks. Clearly it tells us that he is delusional!
okay

3 Likes

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:03pm On Nov 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Actually when you heard what you would have liked to hear, that is what happened.

No, maybe it is the fear of death and of the dead promoted in churches that will be comforting
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:09am On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

No, maybe it is the fear of death and of the dead promoted in churches that will be comforting

There is only one way. The Way The Lord Made. And if you do not find it, then you must Fear.

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 1:14am On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

There is only one way. The Way The Lord Made. And if you do not find it, then you must Fear.

You are talking nonsense
Tue truth about the dead has set me free from unwholesome fear and anxiety
Besides, why really should the living fear the dead
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by LordReed(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2022
orisa37:
The Scrap is absorbed either permanently into Dust or evaporated into the Sky.

Sometimes you sound like someone trolling, this is one of those times.

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 10:16am On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You are talking nonsense
Tue truth about the dead has set me free from unwholesome fear and anxiety
Besides, why really should the living fear the dead

Like asking why you should fear when a cobra is thrown into your house.

You are just doing the same thing atheists do in trying to find something that would help them not feel afraid.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 11:46am On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Like asking why you should fear when a cobra is thrown into your house.

You are just doing the same thing atheists do in trying to find something that would help them not feel afraid.

Will you compare a living cobra to a dead man
See as u de reason
I won't fear if u drop a dead lion in my house but I fit run even if na living insect or frog

Again, it is bad for the living to fear the dead

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 3:36pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Will you compare a living cobra to a dead man
See as u de reason
I won't fear if u drop a dead lion in my house but I fit run even if na living insect or frog

Again, it is bad for the living to fear the dead

See am now! Your fear has shown! See how you shifted to dead lion to run cover your fear, which was my point. grin You are still afraid of death because you have not found The Way yet!
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:35pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

See am now! Your fear has shown! See how you shifted to dead lion to run cover your fear, which was my point. grin You are still afraid of death because you have not found The Way yet!

A Christian like you still has fear of death
Shame on you
Me and you ate not in the same page
U ate not a worshipper of my God

I am not afraid of the dead. Is that too difficult for you to accept. The truth of the dead has set me free. You don't have such truth u claim! To speak. I'm liberated
Go and preach to someone else
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 6:38pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

You can even comprehend English
I said I WON'T run if you throw a dead lion into my house.
Is English your problem

2 Likes

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

You can even comprehend English
I said I WON'T run if you throw a dead lion into my house.
Is English your problem

Reverse psychology. You threw in the dead lion to defend the Truth that you were afraid when you saw a cobra thrown into your home. It's ok the point is moot.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Reverse psychology. You threw in the dead lion to defend the Truth that you were afraid when you saw a cobra thrown into your home. It's ok the point is moot.

That's why I shares Ecclesiastics 9:4 that says a living dog is better than a dead lion

If I should add mine, a crippled warrior without weapon is even deadlier than a million fully armed weapon

I don't fear the dead but I used to until I found the truth. Does your religion preach fear of the dead?
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:08pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

That's why I shares Ecclesiastics 9:4 that says a living dog is better than a dead lion

Which is not a fear thing but about living and dying hence change of post.

Aemmyjah:

Does your religion preach fear of the dead?

No! It teaches The Fear of The Lord!
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:14pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

Which is not a fear thing but about living and dying hence change of post.

No! It teaches The Fear of The Lord!

I don't entertain such fears. My life is not problem free though but the fear of living or dying for what?
The living should not fear the dead
Even if I die, I know Jehovah will raise me up in due time and I'll never die again as long as I remain faithful. That is my hope

If I may ask in all honesty, what is the fear of the Lord? I want to get your opinion cos people give different opinions about it
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:37pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I don't entertain such fears. My life is not problem free though but the fear of living or dying for what?
The living should not fear the dead
Even if I die, I know Jehovah will raise me up in due time and I'll never die again as long as I remain faithful. That is my hope

'Raise up"! This is where you jws have a problem for it is clearly Set as Written that "all would be raised up" but to where?

Aemmyjah:

If I may ask in all honesty, what is the fear of the Lord? I want to get your opinion cos people give different opinions about it

Exactly what is and it should be! This is a class that can run for a week if taught everyday.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:42pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

'Raise up"! This is where you jws have a problem for it is clearly Set as Written that "all would be raised up" but to where?

Exactly what is and it should be! This is a class that can run for a week if taught everyday.

Lol, are you asking me or you should ask yourself?
You are the ones that teach that the dead automatically go to hellfire and heaven but the Bible teaches that the dead are resting and awaiting a future resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous and that the righteous or meek will take possession of the earth and live forever on it as God originally purposed for MANKIND
So ask yourself what we need of a resurrection when people are automatically taken to different destinies at death

Again, what is the fear of the Lord?
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 9:59pm On Nov 25, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Lol, are you asking me or you should ask yourself?

I did not ask you. It was a rhetorical Q.

Aemmyjah:

You are the ones that teach that the dead automatically go to hellfire and heaven

I do not say that.

Aemmyjah:

Again, what is the fear of the Lord?

I will not do injustice to it as it is not a question that can be answered with a few words.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:01pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

I did not ask you. It was a rhetorical Q.

I do not say that.

I will not do injustice to it as it is not a question that can be answered with a few words.

See as you de dodge
I can answer that question with few words and an illustration
Bible no too hard bro
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:49am On Nov 26, 2022
Aemmyjah:

See as you de dodge
Bible no too hard bro

The boy is an arrogant churchgoer, he often go dirty with insults anytime he finds someone knowledgeable instead of humbly learning he just feel like we are on the same page so i always tell him point blank "you can call us anything you like but just know that Jehovah's Witnesses aren't worshiping the same God with you" smiley
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Dtruthspeaker: 2:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
Aemmyjah:

See as you de dodge
Bible no too hard bro

It is no dodging when I said "it is exactly what it is and it should be".

Secondly, I know that you have heard about it and it is the very greatly reduced version you would have. Thus, you do not know that that class can take a whole month to learn all of it. And in the end when asked about it, you would find it very hard to answer because whatever you say would be doing unjustice to the topic as it would be greatly shortchanged.

So, by your willingness to quickly speak, you do not truly know what the Fear of God Truly and wholistically is.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2022
Death is but an illusion...

Life is all there is...

The opposite of death is birth..

Death is birth, turned inside out...
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:36pm On Nov 26, 2022
sonmvayina:
Death is but an illusion...

Life is all there is...

The opposite of death is birth..

Death is birth, turned inside out...

So there's no need arguing against IDOLATRY because idolaters will be reburn somewhere else to start a new life perhaps as worshipers of your own God! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Atheists Are Very "Wise" / How To Protect Your Destiny From Sexual Destruction / My Experience In Christianity...Personal Encounter That Drives Me To Serve God.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.