Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,658 members, 7,823,870 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? (3295 Views)

I Get Really Scared Whenever Someone Dies / Reflecting On Pastor Dare Adeboye's Death. What If It Was Daddy Freeze? / What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 8:57pm On Dec 20, 2022
Truvelisback:
The Soul goes to either Heaven or Hell while the spirit roam the earth until the end of the world.

The Soul is a Super Spirit.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:16pm On Dec 20, 2022
He is gradually going insane so i will help him reach his desired destination: insanity! undecided
Aemmyjah:

Lol
I am feeling jealous
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Ken4Christ: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
Aemmyjah:
Last night, I went to charge phone is a neighbors place cos the generator was on. I went there and I noticed things were different.
The outside door was locked. I knocked and she kept saying 'Who is there?' I was surprised cos they simply just open cos they knew who it will be at that time of the night. I did not reply but she kept asking again until she stopped asking. I knocked again but was asked the same question, I told them it was me, Emmanuel.
They opened for me and I charged. She (a very mature lady) asked me if I heard of the man that died yesterday as he lived in the same house but in a different flat and I said yes. She then asked if I was scared. I almost laughed but I said no. I then understood everything that happened: The fear of the dead.

I remember that growing up, I used to have this terrible fear of the dead and death, I hate such stories of dead people and the movies I watch won't make me sleep. If someone dies, I sleep like someone is hunting me. I was just fearful
But when I studied the Bible with Jehovah's Witnesses about the condition of the dead, the fear left me. Every molecule of such fear left me so much that I even stopped fearing other people and animals. I learned the truth about the dead and it set me free.
I just thank Jehovah for divine truths, I can even go and sleep next to that man on the same bed and even cross my body over his and I won't fear anything... The dead are unconscious. They can't do what the living can do. They can't harm or help us. They have no thought or knowledge. They don't know who loved or hated them, who were their friends or enemies or who are owning them money. They are simply DEAD.

There are different doctrines and opinions and philosophies concerning the dead, death but all cannot be true right?

Who can tell us the truth about death and the dead? It is Jehovah God as he knows everything, he is the source of life and he can tell us what happens when we die

Where can we find answers to that question? It is found in Ecclesiastics 9:4-6, 10:

4.There is hope for whoever is among the living, because a live dog is better off than a dead lion.
5 For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all, nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.
6 Also, their love and their hate and their jealousy have already perished, and they no longer have any share in what is done under the sun
10.Whatever your hand finds to do, do with all your might, for there is no work nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom in the Grave, where you are going.

The dead are unconscious, we can't help or feed them and they can't help us. No need to fear them, pay mass for them or appease them or give them food or wine or observe expensive things for them. Those who know the truth of the dead are free from fear and financial expenses or them. They are not suffering somewhere or in a hellfire or purgatory. They are sleeping in the grave and in God's due time, he will resurrect them. What a hope!

Now I can walk through a cemetery with no fear

The soul of man lives on after death. It's the body that is in the grave.

The spirit of those who are saved goes to heaven while lost souls go to hell.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Ken4Christ: 9:27pm On Dec 20, 2022
orisa37:

The Soul is a Super Spirit.

The spirit of man is different from the soul of man.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:33pm On Dec 20, 2022
Scriptural backing please!

Ken4Christ:

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by HellVictorinho6(m): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
He is gradually going insane so i will help him reach his desired destination: insanity! undecided

I want to start online lessons or something similar now.... the subject is Maths.

Can you introduce me to people that are ready for it now?

I have nothing to celebrate this season..
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 9:54pm On Dec 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Scriptural backing please!

Psalm 104:29-31

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:01pm On Dec 20, 2022
REINCARNATION! cheesy

sonmvayina:

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 3:10am On Dec 21, 2022
Ken4Christ:

Use scripture to back it up
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:50am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Don't mind him, he's one of those misinformed Churchgoers always arguing blindly, Bible he no know! smiley
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 7:25am On Dec 21, 2022
A Human has 4 Super SPIRITS GOD IN HIM:-
THE HEART
THE SOUL
THE MIND AND
THE FLESH (BODY COVER CARRIAGE).

These four carry seven other super SPIRITS in their super SPIRITS of FEELING THINKING REASONING ACTION INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS.
BEAR IN YOUR SPIRIT MIND THAT THE WORK OF GOD IS NOT SO EASILY COMPREHENSIBLE.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 8:05am On Dec 21, 2022
orisa37:
A Human has 4 Super SPIRITS GOD IN HIM:-
THE HEART
THE SOUL
THE MIND AND
THE FLESH (BODY COVER CARRIAGE).

These four carry seven other super SPIRITS in their super SPIRITS of FEELING THINKING REASONING ACTION INTERACTIONS AND MOVEMENTS.
BEAR IN YOUR SPIRIT MIND THAT THE WORK OF GOD IS NOT SO EASILY COMPREHENSIBLE.

Are you familiar with the chakras?
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 8:06am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Read it up..
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Lol
I will like you to please go back again, there's someone I want you to look for when you get there

He is just running up and down the forum but the real thought in his mind he doesn't want to utter it so as not to encounter bold faces from his churchgoer friends.
He is an advocate of atheism! smiley
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Templee333(m): 8:23am On Dec 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

He is just running up and down the forum but the real thought in his mind he doesn't want to utter it so as not to encounter bold faces from his churchgoer friends.
I am a Jehovah Witness

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 8:33am On Dec 21, 2022
This is how NWT puts it ..

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:44am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Read it up..

When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust. 30 If you send out your spirit, they are created, And you renew the surface of the ground. 31 The glory of Jehovah will last forever. Jehovah will rejoice in his works

Where in those verses talks about any reincarnation
Do you know that ruach is the Hebrew word for spirit? It has 5 different meaning and none of them is used to describe anything reincarnating or incarnating (if you even know the meaning of reincarnation)
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 8:46am On Dec 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

I do tell people that atheism is a another kind of religion
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:12am On Dec 21, 2022
Of course atheism is a religion on it's own just that each of them built a secret altar in his heart where he/she bows to himself/herself! smiley

Aemmyjah:

I do tell people that atheism is a another kind of religion
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 9:17am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Not in the KJV.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 9:32am On Dec 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
Of course atheism is a religion on it's own just that each of them built a secret altar in his heart where he/she bows to himself/herself! smiley

People will adopt any form of thinking or philosophy to uphold love of self and to reject anything or anyone to reduce their love for selfish pleasures even if it is God.
Jehovah is wise and will allow people to show or demonstrate their love for him but let them know that the Earth has a landlord and every landlord has right to remove unwanted and useless tenants. Let them go and create their own life and planet and live as they want
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Templee333(m): 9:34am On Dec 21, 2022
MaxInDHouse:
I'm not afraid of being called insane,it's not a new thing to me. I've been labelled all sort of things and i don't give a bleep abt it. Have u 4goten that ur mythical Jesus was called insane? John 10:20. so u guys now believe the words of a mad man? pity!

1 Like

Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2022
Aren't you cool with what you call others for having faith?
Ọmọ if you call people insane for having faith surely you shouldn't be bothered when you're called insane for claiming Bible support reincarnation then instead of telling us your journey about reincarnation you started talking about people you see being tormented yet you can't tell us what that has got to do with REINCARNATION! smiley

Templee333:
I'm not afraid of being called insane,it's not a new thing to me. I've been labelled all sort of things and i don't give a bleep abt it. Have u 4goten that ur mythical Jesus was called insane? John 10:20. so u guys now believe the words of a mad man? pity!
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 9:40am On Dec 21, 2022
orisa37:

Not in the KJV.

Do you know what they are?
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:41am On Dec 21, 2022
Apt! smiley
Aemmyjah:

People will adopt any form of thinking or philosophy to uphold love of self and to reject anything or anyone to reduce their love for selfish pleasures even if it is God.
Jehovah is wise and will allow people to show or demonstrate their love for him but let them know that the Earth has a landlord and every landlord has right to remove unwanted and useless tenants. Let them go and create their own life and planet and live as they want
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Templee333(m): 9:42am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

Who is Jehovah? I hope u aren't refering to those old illiterates in New York who nickname themselves "Jehovah"?
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by sonmvayina(m): 9:44am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

When you hide your face, they are disturbed. If you take away their spirit, they die and return to the dust. 30 If you send out your spirit, they are created, And you renew the surface of the ground. 31 The glory of Jehovah will last forever. Jehovah will rejoice in his works

Where in those verses talks about any reincarnation
Do you know that ruach is the Hebrew word for spirit? It has 5 different meaning and none of them is used to describe anything reincarnating or incarnating (if you even know the meaning of reincarnation)

Seems you have a short memory..

Go back and check what I commented about..

Every human is made up of God's spirit and dust of the earth, that what's make up a soul or a conscious being. ..

At death, the spirit returns to God who owns it and the body returns to earth where it was taken...

And the process can be repeated many times until the spirit fulfils it's task on earth.

So the only enemy of God and man is death(Lucifer).
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by Aemmyjah(m): 10:15am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Seems you have a short memory..

Go back and check what I commented about..

Every human is made up of God's spirit and dust of the earth, that what's make up a soul or a conscious being. ..

At death, the spirit returns to God who owns it and the body returns to earth where it was taken...

And the process can be repeated many times until the spirit fulfils it's task on earth.

So the only enemy of God and man is death(Lucifer).

I'm not disputing that verse
It's very clear you don't know what is reincarnation
Confused confucian
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 10:16am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

They are SATANIC WORDS.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:36am On Dec 21, 2022
Aemmyjah:

I'm not disputing that verse
It's very clear you don't know what is reincarnation
Confused confucian

He surely knows what reincarnation means he's just trying to force it in the Bible! wink
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 10:58am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

Satanic Incarnation.
Re: Death: What Happens When Someone Dies? by orisa37: 11:10am On Dec 21, 2022
sonmvayina:

I just googled for CHAKRAS. They are INDIAN philosophy of Understanding Human Spirituality.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pagans worship Jesus(God) unknowingly but in a wrong way / Are God's Laws And Commandments Done Away With/destroyed? No!!! / Power Of Thoughts By Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.