Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. - Food (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. (42520 Views)

The Catfish I Bought For #2500 / The Catfish I Bought N3600 in Enugu / The Urhobo Irhibotor Soup: A Life Saver (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by kwinanitaa(f): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Goood day my country People..
As you all can see how hard the country is, that these days we eat for survival, not enjoyment..

This is how I spent my last 1500 naira for food that will last me for two day I think..

I wanted to get dried fish, kpomo, prewikles, and leaf..but the money was not enough, so I had to buy half deica of garri first of 500..as garri is life saver..

I went to Tank market at rumukrushi in Port Harcourt

Priced this catfish for 800 naira...haba..things cost o..seller was telling me 1200. We letter aggred for 800 naira..I have 200 left.. bought Palm oil 100 naira and knor cube 50 and onion 50..very small Onion..

As no money to get the rest..man must survive..
Below are pictures of the food.

Picture 1 is the fish in a pot

Picture 2. Sliced onion, salt, pepper and Maggi

Picture 3. Palm oil and offor

Picture 4.. preparation

You can also do well to check my other thread as per bachelor cooking and managing money skill.....this is a 1k food..minus the half derika of garri...it will last me till tomorrow evening..

My other food thread last year..

https://www.nairaland.com/6536601/photo-oha-soup-prepared-n850

You bought catfish 800 naira and you are complaining. grin grin when in some places, it is going for 1500.
Anyways, the meal is very good but work on the presentation.

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 7:06pm On Nov 25, 2022
kwinanitaa:

You bought catfish 800 naira and you are complaining. grin grin when in some places, it is going for 1500.

Noted
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 11:20pm On Nov 25, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Zenith Bank

Thank you so very much sir.
I actually spaced the numbers due to not banking
Hello bro I just did the transfer. I hope you got it. Sorry I was occupied.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 11:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
Godsgift7837:
Hello bro I just did the transfer. I hope you got it. Sorry I was occupied.

Thank u so much..seen..may God bless you so very much
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 11:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Thank u so much..seen..may God bless you so very much
Stay blessed and don’t forget to be a blessing to others.

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Brownshoe: 12:57pm On Nov 26, 2022
And they sell catfish for you, for 800? Abeg tell me that city make I relocate there
Sunisonflex39:

No reason am..I bin one buy meat but the aboki said it 5 piece 800..I just vex use the money go price catfish
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Probz(m): 1:08pm On Nov 26, 2022
Sunisonflex39:
Food is been dished..

Please don't laugh at me o..I can cook but na waitin my money reach buy I manage o

You don’t eat pepper-soup of any kind (unless it’s ofe-nsala) with swallow. Sorry.

What on Earth is garri doing near orthodox Point and Kill? You dey craze?
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by mariahAngel(f): 1:48pm On Nov 26, 2022
Probz:

You don’t eat pepper-soup of any kind (unless it’s ofe-nsala) with swallow. Sorry.

Mr Probz, does Probz by any chance stand for problems?
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Probz(m): 6:29pm On Nov 26, 2022
mariahAngel:

Mr Probz, does Probz by any chance stand for problems?

Didn’t you say in an other post that meh are hopeless cooks for the most part?

Listen, I’m not that easily pleased and you don’t get to where I am without years of hard work, resilience in the face of agony and mutual expectations of what quality is (even if it’s only preliminarily-manifest). Stating so is my prerogative. Other people are welcome to be invariably enthusiastic cheerleaders. Me, I’m a judge with a soft side. I don’t call any rubbish good.

Listen, nice try, O.P., but you’ve still got a long way to go. I’d advice you to look for a kindly fried-rice buff to help you master that first. Once you’ve got that kind of procedure and patience nailed to a T (similarly for chin-chin), you’ll have more luck with these dishes. Go find a Titilayo, Chidinma or an Nkechi in the meantime. I ain’t calling you crap-crap but your presentation, arrangement and idea of what pepper soup actually is seriously need to improve.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Probz(m): 6:31pm On Nov 26, 2022
kwinanitaa:

I agree. Call me mean or problematically critical but the presentation’s truly appalling. Absolutely dreadful.

If it’s ofe-nsala (which when properly prepared looks much, much better than this) with achi/ofor (which would be too expensive for someone who’s supposed to be on a tight budget), that’s what he should’ve said.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
Probz:

Waitin I for use of not Garri
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Sunisonflex39(m): 10:19pm On Nov 26, 2022
Brownshoe:
And they sell catfish for you, for 800? Abeg tell me that city make I relocate there

Port Harcourt
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Probz(m): 2:00am On Nov 27, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Waitin I for use of not Garri

You’re either supposed to drink it or use agidi. Pepper soup isn’t normally a soup you eat with hard fufu of any kind. Stuff like that and cooking Point and Kill with ofor/achi (like it’s supposed to be some sort of egusi) make little sense but like I said well done for trying.

Anyway, maybe this catfish soup really isn’t trying to be anything like pepper soup and is its own thing but in a tight APC regime I’d only be bringing out such a soup for one thing and one thing only, otherwise I’d sooner stick to native soup.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Brownshoe: 2:28pm On Nov 27, 2022
Sunisonflex39:

Port Harcourt
water plenty there na, people really engaged in fish farming there my opinion

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by kwinanitaa(f): 5:01pm On Nov 27, 2022
Probz:

I agree. Call me mean or problematically critical but the presentation’s truly appalling. Absolutely dreadful.

If it’s ofe-nsala (which when properly prepared looks much, much better than this) with achi/ofor (which would be too expensive for someone who’s supposed to be on a tight budget), that’s what he should’ve said.

Yeah, people posting meals here need to know that presentation matters a lot. The appearance of the food is important.

1 Like

Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Probz(m): 8:37pm On Nov 27, 2022
kwinanitaa:

Yeah, people posting meals here need to know that presentation matters a lot. The appearance of the food is important.

Eziokwu. Very important.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 12:23pm On Mar 10, 2023
Watin I for use drink garri
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2023
Lingudy:

A very good afternoon to you, sir.

Sir, I know you don't know me. But I pray God rewards you for all you do for humanity. Givers never lack and I pray that may you never lack. I pray I become a helper like you too someday.
I approached you because of my father, he's a driver, who drives passengers from our town to the nearby towns. But he has been jobless for close to two months now just because of his spoilt battery car. He bought the old car from his cooperative credit given to him last year. We did everything possible to borrow money to buy this battery so he can continue his work but all in vain.
God is my witness that he doesn't know I am doing this for him, but this thing is affecting us greatly coupled with the naira scarcity things are very hard. I swear to God we did not eat dinner yesterday. Pls help us sir, I don't know how more to plead with you. The battery costs 25k but I assure you that if you could help us in anyway, if we deposit something with the seller we can get it and he will be paying the balance back little by little. If you want to borrow us too, I will be grateful. I promise we'll pay back.
Life has just not been easy for us, but I am still hoping and praying that everything falls into place in due time!

Meanwhile, I am very open for verification sir. I can video call you in case.

Many thanks as I await your response, sir.
Drop your account and whatever I can I will do.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 2:49pm On Mar 10, 2023
This catfish go sweet for mouth oo
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 5:53pm On Mar 11, 2023
When last did I tasted this
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 6:55pm On Mar 11, 2023
Lingudy:

Good evening sir. I have dropped my account number since yesterday, I hope you got it?
Seen sir. You will hear from me by Monday.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 7:50pm On Mar 11, 2023
God go Sha help us all
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 5:21pm On Mar 14, 2023
Yes, Buhari spoilt everything
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 12:01pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lingudy:

Greetings to you sir. Still hoping to hear from you. Apologies for making this look disturbing. God bless you sir.
Sorry for the delay, having troubles with my Nigeria account and yes, you will hear from me soon.
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Godsgift7837: 8:53pm On Mar 15, 2023
Lingudy:

Greetings to you sir. Still hoping to hear from you. Apologies for making this look disturbing. God bless you sir.
Sent you a token from GTB
Re: The Catfish Soup A Broke Nairalander Prepared. by Lingudy(m): 11:54pm On Mar 15, 2023
Water plenty there according to someone grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Secret To Party Jollof Rice- Lets Discuss The Secret To Cooking Party Jollof :-) / UK-Based Lady Says Nigerian Foods Smell & Should Be Banned In Offices / I Cooked Hot Rice And Stew For ₦ 700 As A Single Guy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.