Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,740 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? (3403 Views)

James Ibori Defecting To APC: 'PDP Jailed Me, APC Released Me' / Taiwo Fatiregun's Head Broken After Defecting To Another Party. Photos / Lauretta Onochie Reacts To Jolly Nyame's Jail Sentence After Defecting To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Nobody: 9:35am On Nov 25, 2022
Gboom:

Predominantly

Maybe, but there may be higher numbers among non-Igbo people, especially among people with higher education/in higher education.

I do expect PDP to win though..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by tunapawizzy: 9:38am On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:
This is the question on the minds of many people and myself. Even in southeast we never hear of any notable politicians defecting to or supporting Labour Party and Obi. They are treating Obi like a leper. Why is that so? Are they afraid or what? Can anyone explain why Labour Party is being treated like a leper.
The TRUTH is that Politicians will never like the idea of Peter Obi...he is conservative(STingy in the eyes of politicians)......That they are not moving to labour is the reason Nigerian voters should be excited about Obi...if lots of politicians are cross to Obi's side, then Nigerians should be really scared
In Nigeria, Anything that is popular with the political class is what the larger population should avoid by all means
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Gboom: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Maybe, but there may be higher numbers among non-Igbo people, especially among people with higher education/in higher education.

I do expect PDP to win though..
Most of the people with higher education don't usually vote, they prefer listening to report of the election rather than coming out to queue to vote

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 9:42am On Nov 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

The TRUTH is that Politicians will never like the idea of Peter Obi...he is conservative(STingy in the eyes of politicians)......That they are not moving to labour is the reason Nigerian voters should be excited about Obi...if lots of politicians are cross to Obi's side, then Nigerians should be really scared
In Nigeria, Anything that is popular with the political class is what the larger population should avoid by all means

Do you think politicians will follow a losing party or not join a winning party?

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Nobody: 9:43am On Nov 25, 2022
Gboom:

Most of the people with higher education don't usually vote, they prefer listening to report of the election rather than coming out to queue to vote

Not this time...many do. (Most of us at my place of work have our PVC, and are waiting to vote). Even in the past, many did.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by tunapawizzy: 9:47am On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Do you think politicians will follow a losing party or not join a winning party?
2 truths can co-exist
I think politicians will join a winning party.....so u are right
I also think politicians will do all in their power to prevent establishment of a government that wont give them opportunity to make free money....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 9:50am On Nov 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

Obi is stingy and he gave 1 billion to Ayu?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Gboom: 9:53am On Nov 25, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Not this time...many do. (Most of us at my place of work have our PVC, and are waiting to vote). Even in the past, many did.
Many of these people got their PVC in their place of work rather than their residence and since there is no movement during election period many of them will be automatically disenfranchised

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 9:58am On Nov 25, 2022
tunapawizzy:

2 truths can co-exist
I think politicians will join a winning party.....so u are right
I also think politicians will do all in their power to prevent establishment of a government that wont give them opportunity to make free money....

Their first priority is winning elections. Other considerations are academic exercise.

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by tunapawizzy: 10:03am On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Their first priority is winning elections. Other considerations are academic exercise.
i have not suggested otherwise
my initial was about why ordinary voters should be weary of the choice of the political class.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Nobody: 10:04am On Nov 25, 2022
Gboom:

Many of these people got their PVC in their place of work rather than their residence and since there is no movement during election period many of them will be automatically disenfranchised

Nope, many got theirs at their residence, or at the place next to work...which means staying overnight at work and going to vote next day (I work in healthcare...that's how I expect to vote).

Online registration even made it easier to do...much earlier this year (before May 28).
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by ictplotter(m): 10:25am On Nov 25, 2022
Obi is been push n deceive by Tinubu house boy called Doyin okupe. Timubu paid Doyin for this dirty job to deny igbos presidency for years.
Obi right inside his mind is to cut pdp votes and boost Tinubu vote. the true is once Tinubu win the igbos hav to wait for another 16yrs of president.
Any wise igbos should tell Obi to step down for Atiku for just four years and power freely given to South East after Atiku but the like of obj, PA. Adebanjo and Doyin okupe are just deceiving Obi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Tinubuagbado: 10:25am On Nov 25, 2022
NOETHNICITY:
Ipob terrorist spotted

Oduduwa Terrorist spotted.

Obi is your next President.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Tinubuagbado: 10:26am On Nov 25, 2022
ictplotter:
Obi is been push n deceive by Tinubu house boy called Doyin okupe. Timubu paid Doyin for this dirty job to deny igbos presidency for years.
Obi right inside his mind is to cut pdp votes and boost Tinubu vote. the true is once Tinubu win the igbos hav to wait for another 16yrs of president.
Any wise igbos should tell Obi to step down for Atiku for just four years and power freely given to South East after Atiku but the like of obj, PA. Adebanjo and Doyin okupe are just deceiving Obi.

We don't want. Na by force?
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by obyrich(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:
This is the question on the minds of many people and myself. Even in southeast we never hear of any notable politicians defecting to or supporting Labour Party and Obi. They are treating Obi like a leper. Why is that so? Are they afraid or what? Can anyone explain why Labour Party is being treated like a leper.
Because no one is sharing money in Labour party
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by CSTRR: 10:36am On Nov 25, 2022
They will, when obi becomes president.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 10:37am On Nov 25, 2022
obyrich:
Because no one is sharing money in Labour party

What about the 1 billion Obi gave to Ayu, and 40 million he gave to Labour Party executives?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Peterobiisathie(f): 10:39am On Nov 25, 2022
ganisucks:

Simple, [i]President Obi has been told not to accept any open defections for [/i]now. The script is for Peter and Labour Party to appear different from the norm; they can't appear as such if they accept people like Fani Kayode at this moment. After the victory of Obi in 2023, you will see millions of politicians who defected now, officially declaring to be members of labour Party. All is politics.
another Lamba from Peter Peter Obi

4 Likes

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by ganisucks(f): 10:47am On Nov 25, 2022
Peterobiisathie:
another Lamba from Peter Peter Obi
Bob Izua, a notorious infamous Benin cultist funded Oshiomole's campaign into office in Edo state.
He didn't start wearing khaki openly till after Oshiomole had clocked one year in office.
Politics is about scheming and planning.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Gboom: 10:52am On Nov 25, 2022
Kobonaire234:

Nope, many got theirs at their residence, or at the place next to work...which means staying overnight at work and going to vote next day (I work in healthcare...that's how I expect to vote).

Online registration even made it easier to do...much earlier this year (before May 28).
What if their schedule doesn't fall on that election date?
I hope voters' turnout improve this time around and history not repeating itself like previous elections

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by obyrich(m): 11:03am On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:

What about the 1 billion Obi gave to Ayu, and 40 million he gave to Labour Party executives?
Obi gave Ayu 1 billion naira for what? I am hearing this for the 1st time. Please provide more details. grin
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2022
obyrich:
Obi gave Ayu 1 billion naira for what? I am hearing this for the 1st time. Please provide more details. grin

Ask Wike if you don’t know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Bestymary: 11:31am On Nov 25, 2022
Am a member of pdp, I don't need to defeat before doing the right thing, I will vote peter obi for president, and I know so many people are like me.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by praisecity(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Labour party is not a party that recycle thief's
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by Eniitankorede: 12:07pm On Nov 25, 2022
praisecity:

Labour party is not a party that recycle thief's

May be its also going to lose anyway. Otherwise nobody wants to leave a winning party or join a losing party. Winning is first priority of politicians, not money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by obyrich(m): 12:27pm On Nov 25, 2022
Eniitankorede:

Ask Wike if you don’t know.
So Wike told you this?
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by sreamsense: 12:37pm On Nov 25, 2022
It is because expiring date on LP is short. By February, after Obi is sent back to Anambra; labour party expires, there is no even probability that Obi will last in LP after loosing out. So, as you check expiring date before you purchase a product; so also experience political leader first check expiring date on LP to know if it will last or not, but they know it wouldn't go beyond February

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by tsdarkside(m): 12:44pm On Nov 25, 2022
TheboyGhost:

Hahaha look baba, I am not an agbado dog grin

I only stated the obvious...

Peter obi is a better choice even Tinubu knows this.....

But merely looking at the political behavior in Nigeria, one can easily predict the winner....

Tinubu will win not because he is better, I am no fan of the man or will even bother voting on that day....

I am just stating the facts.

this is what many igbos dont understand....
its about the party and not about tinubu....

i adviced them to stop concentratin on tinubu,but they didnt listenend....
apc is finishin the 2nd naija bridge....

thats all we care about....
apc revived the nigerian army,thats all we care about....
many social programs,thats all we care about....

1 Like

Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by tsdarkside(m): 12:47pm On Nov 25, 2022
we nigerians dont care about promises no more....
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by effort1: 12:48pm On Nov 25, 2022
TheboyGhost:
Cause they know Obi can not and will never win....

Everybody knows that aside the internet Obi fans....!!!

Same reason PDP denied him the tickets....

Tinubu will win and will win with good records.

Nigerian politics for you...

But obi would have made a fine president.

It's because Obi won't run your country like "business as usual", which Will be the case with PDP or APC.

Obi will make sure your country's finances are well managed so that you and your family members will not suffer from the activities of morally rotten politicians.
Re: Why Is No One Defecting To Labour Party? by effort1: 12:50pm On Nov 25, 2022
Moh247:
Why will anyone want to move backwards?! Leaving mainstream party for a social media party of dregs and lowlife noisemaking dunce

So, you will be moving forward by handing over the destiny of your family to a morally rotten, cognitively impaired drug dealer?

APC idiots obviously have another definition for "backwardness'

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

RE: NPA. Obi Supporters Are Attacking The Office With Bad Google Reviews. / What Happens In My Church Today / General Igwe Bute-uzo Biafra Chief Of Staff Visit Army Outpost Impose Curfew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.