Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,888 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi (54735 Views)

See The Fish I Bought For 1k In Katsina / See The ₦600 Fish I Bought In Ibadan (Photo) / The Fish I Caught In My Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by petermichaels(m): 5:35pm On Dec 01, 2022
WHAT WOULD IT HAVE COST YOU TO GIVE THEM 1200. COMMON YOU CHEATED THEM. YOU KNOW

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by turkeyman: 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
If you want consume it after de- boweling the fish , remove the heads the sand is mostly in the gills area so removing the head entirely will take care of the sand. And use warn water and salt to wash the fish up
Nadingo:
doggedfighter Cypress042 Bintdawood Bahamas95 Channah1

Hello guys, we had a rather awful experience with this fish. Aside the fact that wife over fried some to a point they tasted like thin glass, all of them have so much sand in them that we couldn't consume it.

Pls, note that we used blunt knife to scrape the scales and we also removed the innards one after the other before sun drying them to rinse out water. And when we noticed the water used in washing them was muddy and grainy, we rinsed them EIGHT different times until the water appeared clean.

But unfortunately, we still couldn't eat after frying because of the amount of sand we encountered.

Where did we go wrong pls? cry

3 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by dandig(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Cypress042:
I bought some yesterday for seven hundred naira

After using all to prepare my okra soup i couldn't find any tiny fish in the pot, everything dissolved. Only God knows how i skillfully managed the bony soup sad
Them dey call these type Brokemarriage�

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by doggedfighter(f): 6:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
turkeyman:
If you want consume it after de- boweling the fish , remove the heads the sand is mostly in the gills area so removing the head entirely will take care of the sand. And use warn water and salt to wash the fish up

Too much work over 1k fish. Best is to avoid that fish and save his wife stress.

4 Likes

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Reference(m): 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
And after this you will still fight to have your oppressors in power.... Nigerians eh.... sad.... just see what people are eating....
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by AfonjaConehead: 6:33pm On Dec 01, 2022
Cypress042:

After using all to prepare my okra soup i couldn't find any tiny fish in the pot, everything dissolved. Only God knows how i skillfully managed the bony soup sad
Always buy the dried panla fish for okro...

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by alenwup(m): 6:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Meddling around in that region thinking things are cheap there just know that ransom isn't cheap there o
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Cypress042(m): 7:24pm On Dec 01, 2022
TheGift:

Just focus on the nutritional value
Noted, thanks.
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Myself2(m): 7:27pm On Dec 01, 2022
Looks more like fingerlings

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by swaly: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
My grandma bought 2 this evening and she bought it for 1800 for just 2 pieces o so how come these whole fish is bought for 1000 lol
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by FireUpNow(m): 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
Cypress042:

Sorry but you don't know how to cook that fish. I guess you kept storing and storing the soup with the spoon while cooking, when that happens the fish wiklscatter in the soup. When next you want to cook them, make sure you put all the ingredients in the soup first and stir a little wait few minutes be adding the fresh river fish and don't stire the soup again, only shake the pot. Thank me later
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Cypress042(m): 7:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
FireUpNow:

Sorry but you don't know how to cook that fish. I guess you kept storing and storing the soup with the spoon while cooking, when that happens the fish wiklscatter in the soup. When next you want to cook them, make sure you put all the ingredients in the soup first and stir a little wait few minutes be adding the fresh river fish and don't stire the soup again, only shake the pot. Thank me later

Thanks so much, i appreciate.
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nicepoker(m): 7:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bahamas95:
The best way to enjoy it is when fried, the bones become soft and edible......If you take am cook pepper soup just be careful of bones. Tilapia is very tasty but I don't like it that much because of the bones.
So if it ain't fried it is not edible grin BTW when it's fried the bones becomes brittle. Not soft.
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by merits(m): 8:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nadingo:
I was at a car wash near the Bauchi State School of Agriculture in Bauchi metropolis and I saw some kids with this fish which they caught from a River nearby. Priced it and they said I should bring N1,200. Asked them for the last price and they said N1,000. Omo I quickly gave them the money and opened my car trunk.

You like awoof abi, meanwhile awoof dey run belle ooo.

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by dnawah(m): 8:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nadingo:
I was at a car wash near the Bauchi State School of Agriculture in Bauchi metropolis and I saw some kids with this fish which they caught from a River nearby. Priced it and they said I should bring N1,200. Asked them for the last price and they said N1,000. Omo I quickly gave them the money and opened my car trunk.
put am salt well well and fry they, grin grin i wish I dey close by
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Bahamas95(m): 8:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nicepoker:
So if it ain't fried it is not edible grin BTW when it's fried the bones becomes brittle. Not soft.
It depends on how you enjoy yours. As for me I don't like tilapia that much and the only way I can eat it is when fried. If it's any other fish I prefer them fresh.

Thanks for the correction, I will use "brittle" next time.......Nor vex, na night school I go. cheesy

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by DrDunamis(m): 9:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nadingo:
So you cheat them, e sweet you ba
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by FireUpNow(m): 10:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
Cypress042:

Thanks so much, i appreciate.
you are most welcome

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by eguarojeona: 10:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nadingo:
Lol,say na river fish.Fire fish been dey
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by norriswood(m): 10:31pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nadingo:
..yelwa

1 Like

Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by hkidola00(m): 4:09am On Dec 02, 2022
doggedfighter:
A good buy.

Smoke them .

I think food is cheaper in northern part of the country.

bauchi isnt North
Re: See The River Fish I Bought For N1,000 In Bauchi by Nadingo: 9:33pm On Dec 08, 2022
hkidola00:
bauchi isnt North
You're right. It's Niger Delta.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fish And Crab Soup In Peru / Chicken And Waffles For 7500. Pics Included. Fake Lekki Life / The Civet I Bought N7,000 On My Way To Work Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.