Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,292 members, 7,811,873 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:51 PM

7 Types Of Giving In The Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Types Of Giving In The Church (15437 Views)

My Giving In Church Vs My Giving To Others: What Is The Cause?? / Have You Ever Been Blessed Through Tithing And Giving In Church? / Do This With Your Tithe Instead Of Giving It To Private Jet Owners (see Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Types Of Giving In The Church by nocera(m): 7:22pm On Nov 26, 2022
1. OFFERINGS: there are different kinds of offering and different ways a Christian can give an offering. They're as follows;
a. There is the regular weekly offering called the Freewill offering – 1Corinthians 16:1-2.

b. There is the offering raised for a particular cause or project. This can be in form of donations – Acts 11:29-30. Ezra 2:68-69. Exodus 35:5-29.

c. There is another kind of offering - not involving money but solemn verbal oblation, a kind of worship and thanksgiving made by word of mouth. Psalms 119:108.

"What is the church offerings used for"?

...it is used to maintain the church, take care of the widows, orphans and buy equipment and necessary materials used for worship services. Acts 6:1-3. Leviticus 24:2. Numbers 4:9. Exodus 35:5-29.

2. TITHE: a controversial subject but still very much a relevant aspect of the believer's obligations to the divine government of Christ. The tithe is a tenth of the increase (income) of the believer given in the local church where the Christian receives spiritual nourishment.

This command is not imposed on anyone as this teaching can only be received by committed and faithful believers. Malachi 3:10. Matthew 23:23. Hebrew 7:1-25.

*Should my tithe be given to the poor?
No. Your tithe should be given in your local Church. Deuteronomy 12:11.

* Who receive my tithe? ...Your Pastor. Numbers 18:24.

* What is the tithes used for? ...The tithe is used to compensate the Preacher and his assistants, the ushers, the music department and other church workers. Nehemiah 13:5.

3. VOW: A vow is a solemn promise made to the Lord, in the presence of a priest, to perform a particular act of appreciation if the Lord grants an urgent request. It is much like an agreement, a contract whereby God grants a present need and gets a "reward." Ecclesiastes 5:4. 2 Samuel 15:8. Judges 11:30-40.

4. FAITH SEED: As the term implies, this is an act of sowing spiritual seeds – in the form of money or any thing of value, with expectations of a harvest. Psalms 126:5-6.
This seeds can be sown in a person's life – to receive a particular grace one desires in the life of that individual. It can be sown in a Church, workplace, school etc. This is by no means trying to buy spiritual gifts with money, rather it follows the Scriptures that admonishes; "Give, and it shall be given unto you. Good measure..." Therefore, one gives a "seed" in faith expecting GOOD MEASURE. Luke 6:38. Ecclesiastes 11:1 and 6.

5. FIRSTFRUITS: This is the giving of the first of the Christian's harvest (income) or initial profits from a contract or business venture within the year. Nehemiah 10:35.

Now, this subject is also controversial as people – including believers, reason that, "why should they give ALL their income – especially that of "tough" January, to the church, do they want us to starve!? Honestly, I was even more curious than those believers.

However, I did a thorough Biblical research on this subject and found the answer, at last. Firstfruits was first mentioned by Moses, on the instructions of the Lord, in Exodus 23:16-19, but was stated more clearly in Leviticus 23:10, saying; "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring A SHEAF of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priests..."
Notice the phrase A SHEAF (bundle). The SHEAF is a bundle, eg of yams, maize, wheat etc. In this connection, it is therefore obvious and reasonable to declare that the Lord wasn't asking for ALL the first yields of their harvest (income) but a fraction ( a PART) of it. I challenge anybody to prove me wrong – with Scriptures of course.

6. HONORARIUM (PROPHET'S OFFERING) : This is an act of honour given as cash or gifts to a man of God. A Christian is not advised to host or visit a man of God with empty hands. The Bible says that there is a reward for honouring a man of God. Matthew 10:41. 1 Samuel 9:7. 2 Kings 5:3-16.

7. SACRIFICE: This is the act of giving or offering something very dear, or of very high value to God. It can mean that a Christian give away ALL that he has by the inspiration or instruction of The Lord.
This is the highest form of giving by a Christian.
Where did God command one to give his ALL in the Bible?
1. Abraham and Isaac: Genesis 22:2.
2.The rich young man: Luke 18:22-23.
3. Even God gave His ONLY SON: John 3:16.
I usually tell believers that if The Lord demands YOUR ALL, He wants to give you HIS ALL.

***Giving to the poor, however, is and should be a daily work of charity by every believer and shouldn't be seen as something too special, although it is by no means lesser than the aforementioned as the Bible says that those who give to the poor lends to God. Meaning, you make God indebted to you anytime you give to the poor! _ Proverbs 19:17.

Shalom.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Kobojunkie: 4:20am On Nov 27, 2022
nocera:
1. OFFERINGS: there are different kinds of offering and different ways a Christian can give an offering. They're as follows;
a. There is the regular weekly offering called the Freewill offering – 1Corinthians 16:1-2.

b. There is the offering raised for a particular cause or project. This can be in form of donations – Acts 11:29-30. Ezra 2:68-69. Exodus 35:5-29.

c. There is another kind of offering - not involving money but solemn verbal oblation, a kind of worship and thanksgiving made by word of mouth. Psalms 119:108. ...
All these have absolutely nothing to do with any of that which Jesus Christ in fact commands, meaning that those who submit to these doctrines and traditions of mogs and pastors do so in vain. And worse, they heap curses on themselves guaranteeing the absence of God's Truth from their case as a result. lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by AntiChristian: 8:32am On Nov 27, 2022
How did Jesus give in Church?
Show the verses!

4 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Okwuapkunaonu(m): 9:04am On Nov 27, 2022
Most churches these days prefers offering than your sanity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Cerebellum: 9:06am On Nov 27, 2022
AntiChristian:
How did Jesus give in Church?
Show the verses!

It's better to walk away from something you do not believe in, condemning it to suit your self is barbaric. Cease your tongue

6 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by cutebobo(m): 9:07am On Nov 27, 2022
Thanks op. God bless you for this.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by mirrormane: 9:10am On Nov 27, 2022
Cerebellum:

It's better to walk away from something you do not believe in, condemning it to suit your self is barbaric. Cease your tongue
Respond to him like a Christian next time. Which one is barbaric again.

11 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by AntiChristian: 9:19am On Nov 27, 2022
Cerebellum:

I only asked a question. If it pricks you as you can't answer it then that's not my P.

You can as well skip mentioning me!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by IgOga(m): 9:20am On Nov 27, 2022
I am not sure where some of these come from...but the highest form of giving is to give God your life.

Your money does not move God as much as your godliness and obedience. "obedience is better than sacrifice"

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Lukuluku69(m): 9:21am On Nov 27, 2022
nocera:

c. There is another kind of offering - not involving money but solemn verbal oblation, a kind of worship and thanksgiving made by word of mouth. Psalms 119:108.

...it is used to maintain the church, take care of the widows, orphans and buy equipment and necessary materials used for worship services. Acts 6:1-3. Leviticus 24:2. Numbers 4:9. Exodus 35:5-29.

2. TITHE: a controversial subject but still very much a relevant aspect of the believer's obligations to the divine government of Christ. The tithe is a tenth of the increase (income) of the believer given in the local church where the Christian receives spiritual nourishment.

This command is not imposed on anyone as this teaching can only be received by committed and faithful believers. Malachi 3:10. Matthew 23:23. Hebrew 7:1-25.

* What is the tithes used for? ...The tithe is used to compensate the Preacher and his assistants, the ushers, the music department and other church workers. Nehemiah 13:5.

3. VOW: A vow is a solemn promise made to the Lord, in the presence of a priest, to perform a particular act of appreciation if the Lord grants an urgent request. It is much like an agreement, a contract whereby God grants a present need and gets a "reward." Ecclesiastes 5:4. 2 Samuel 15:8. Judges 11:30-40.

4. FAITH SEED: As the term implies, this is an act of sowing spiritual seeds – in the form of money or any thing of value, with expectations of a harvest. Psalms 126:5-6.
This seeds can be sown in a person's life – to receive a particular grace one desires in the life of that individual. It can be sown in a Church, workplace, school etc. This is by no means trying to buy spiritual gifts with money, rather it follows the Scriptures that admonishes; "Give, and it shall be given unto you. Good measure..." Therefore, one gives a "seed" in faith expecting GOOD MEASURE. Luke 6:38. Ecclesiastes 11:1 and 6.

5. FIRSTFRUITS: This is the giving of the first of the Christian's harvest (income) or initial profits from a contract or business venture within the year. Nehemiah 10:35.

Now, this subject is also controversial as people – including believers, reason that, "why should they give ALL their income – especially that of "tough" January, to the church, do they want us to starve!? Honestly, I was even more curious than those believers.

However, I did a thorough Biblical research on this subject and found the answer, at last. Firstfruits was first mentioned by Moses, on the instructions of the Lord, in Exodus 23:16-19, but was stated more clearly in Leviticus 23:10, saying; "Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring A SHEAF of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priests..."
Notice the phrase A SHEAF (bundle). The SHEAF is a bundle, eg of yams, maize, wheat etc. In this connection, it is therefore obvious and reasonable to declare that the Lord wasn't asking for ALL the first yields of their harvest (income) but a fraction ( a PART) of it. I challenge anybody to prove me wrong – with Scriptures of course.

6. HONORARIUM (PROPHET'S OFFERING) : This is an act of honour given as cash or gifts to a man of God. A Christian is not advised to host or visit a man of God with empty hands. The Bible says that there is a reward for honouring a man of God. Matthew 10:41. 1 Samuel 9:7. 2 Kings 5:3-16.

7. SACRIFICE: This is the act of giving or offering something very dear, or of very high value to God. It can mean that a Christian give away ALL that he has by the inspiration or instruction of The Lord.
I usually tell believers that if The Lord demands YOUR ALL, He wants to give you HIS ALL.

***Giving to the poor, however, is and should be a daily work of charity by every believer and shouldn't be seen as something too special, although it is by no means lesser than the aforementioned as the Bible says that those who give to the poor lends to God. Meaning, you make God indebted to you anytime you give to the poor! _ Proverbs 19:17.

Shalom.

Op, under what classification are the followings because a Church in front of my house usually ask for them on a regular basis.

1. Ore Onigbagbo ( Believers Offering)

2. Ore Ikole. ( Building Offering)

3. Ore Odo ( Youth Offering)

4. Ore itanka iyin rere ( Evangelism Offering)

5. Ore awon obirin ( Women Offering)

6. Ore awon Okunrin (Men Offering)

7. Ida mewa ( Tithe)

8. Ore eje (Vow Offering)

Then, after all these, you will hear Special Offering, Pastor Welfare and they always tell Congregants to always remember there Pastors with Gifts. Also, the Baba wey be Pastor uses one SUV, and Two Sedans and will always upbraid Congrrgtants of looking side ways whenever he happens to use the Public Transport sometimes and refusing to pay his fares.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Jozilinn: 9:24am On Nov 27, 2022
Nowadays in church giving has become a do or die affair,and nobody cares to know about what you're experiencing in your Life, donations for this,that now in a month nothing less than 8k to 10k ontop how much... like say if you have it you won't give before....

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by desiredhome: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2022
Giving a thousand naira according to the number of years you've lived on earth.......
Pastor Mathew A
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by anyilalaz: 9:28am On Nov 27, 2022
The issue of tithe goes beyond giving to church or men of God... Even the giver is entitled to eat from eat, so also your known and unknown neigbors...

Can we read this too!?

Deuteronomy 14:22-28
New International Version

22 Be sure to set aside a tenth of all that your fields produce each year. 23 Eat the tithe of your grain, new wine and olive oil, and the firstborn of your herds and flocks in the presence of the Lord your God at the place he will choose as a dwelling for his Name, so that you may learn to revere the Lord your God always. 24 But if that place is too distant and you have been blessed by the Lord your God and cannot carry your tithe (because the place where the Lord will choose to put his Name is so far away), 25 then exchange your tithe for silver, and take the silver with you and go to the place the Lord your God will choose. 26 Use the silver to buy whatever you like: cattle, sheep, wine or other fermented drink, or anything you wish. Then you and your household shall eat there in the presence of the Lord your God and rejoice. 27 And do not neglect the Levites living in your towns, for they have no allotment or inheritance of their own.

28 At the end of every three years, bring all the tithes of that year’s produce and store it in your towns,

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by nairayouthcom(m): 9:37am On Nov 27, 2022
nocera:

Shalom.

Jesus Wept �
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by otunbateejay(m): 9:39am On Nov 27, 2022
Those of you who pay tithes/taxes in the name of Jesus Christ deny yourselves sonship with God by your acts of disobedienceundecided
24 Jesus and his followers went to Capernaum. There the men who collect the two-drachma Temple tax came to Peter and asked, “Does your teacher pay the Temple tax?”
25 Peter answered, “Yes, he does.” Peter went into the house where Jesus was. Before Peter could speak, Jesus said to him, “The kings on the earth get different kinds of taxes from people. But who are those who pay the taxes? Are they the king’s children? Or do other people pay the taxes? What do you think?”
26 Peter answered, “The other people pay the taxes.” Jesus said, “Then the children of the king don’t have to pay taxes - Matthew 17 vs 24 - 26
As Jesus Christ made clear, the Children of God do not pay taxes/Tithe in His name. So, do we ignore Jesus Christ so we can instead follow the doctrines and traditions of men(and their churches) instead?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by harmargedon: 9:42am On Nov 27, 2022
Cerebellum:

answer his questions cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by allen113: 9:43am On Nov 27, 2022
Op it is clear you don't understand this passage of the bible Hebrew 7:1-25.

Christ becoming an eternal priest means he had relegated the law of tithing. Because he is not a Levi but from judah. I would like you to read the same passage from verse 11-18 again this time with understanding, especially verse 18.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by IranianSea: 9:45am On Nov 27, 2022
nocera:

Shalom.
Legit scam grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by IranianSea: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2022
All thanks to that guy that opened my eyes to know that Christianity is scam, only idiot still pays those rubbish money.
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Trutalker123: 9:50am On Nov 27, 2022
Thank you very much for the understanding giving you by the Holy spirit on to the issue of First Fruit.

Right from over 20years ago, as a teenager, through study of the scriptures, I also understood that first fruit is not all of the first but a part thereof.

Come to think of it, if the whole isrealites bring all their harvest (imagine a whole country's harvest given to only one tribe that are fewer in number), where will the Levite keep it?
But when the bring in their parts, there will always be meat in God's house.

You speak the truth. Thank you for your boldness. This is the reason why firstfruit preaching doesn't move me, because I searched the scriptures and it testified it to be so ("search the scriptures for in it ye think you have life. And there are there that testified of me" )

2 Likes

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by desiredhome: 9:53am On Nov 27, 2022
IranianSea:

Legit scam grin grin grin
And the poverty keep increasing despite the promises of wealth..... shocked shocked
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by desiredhome: 9:55am On Nov 27, 2022
IranianSea:
All thanks to that guy that opened my eyes to know that Christianity is scam, only idiot still pays those rubbish money.
The pastorprenours have a way of brainwashing their congregants........
With fear .......

1 Like

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Truefaith: 9:58am On Nov 27, 2022
Fhde
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Youngzedd(m): 10:00am On Nov 27, 2022
OLD COVENANT VS NEW COVENANT.

Which one is meant for you and which one you should discard.

2 Corinthians 3:6
He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

The letter here is the old covenant (laws) while the spirit is the new covenant.

For the old covenant (letter) kills, new covenant (spirit) gives life. No human being can fulfil the law, that was why if you defy the law, you pay dearly for it, sometimes with your blood (death), David's census got 70,000 Jews killed by God (2 Samuel 24:1-17).

You now see the "KILLS" being referred to. If you must obey the law, you must obey all the 613 laws, otherwise you're under a curse.

Galatians 3:10
For all who rely on the works of the law are under a curse, as it is written: “Cursed is everyone who does not continue to do everything written in the Book of the Law.”

Is it not obvious that Christians only have business with the new covenant (found in new testament) which is the foundation of Christianity?

The new testament tell us about the new covenant, you must understand that and stop romancing with the old covenant (found in old testament) that KILLS.

Now this is it, the new covenant overwrite the old covenant, I am not saying we should throwaway the old testament entirely, it contains history and wisdoms too, history is for us to learn somethings and move on. If in the old testament is says; pray for your enemy to die, but in the new testament it says; love your enemy. As Christians, we are to go with what's written in the new testament because that's the foundation of our faith. Anyone who leave what's in the new testament and do that which is in the old testament is trying to return us back to the old covenant, what the person is trying to tell us is that the GRACE of God and the death of Christ on the cross is useless.
Galatians 2:21
I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!”

Anyone who teach contrary to what Christ and the Apostles taught us in the new testament is an Antichrist.

*Ephesians 2:13-16*
13 But now in Christ Yeshua you who once were far away have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility.

Read verse 15 more than once. He totally fulfilled the law (old covenant) and created a new humanity out of both jews and gentiles, all of us became one. His sacrifice on the cross is a shield against God's wrath. God can't kill us again like it was done in the old covenant for disobeying him because a new covenant has been established between Man and God. The nation that posses threat to Israelites were destroyed. He's God that keeps to his own bargain, what He says He will do.

"God is a respecter of law, order and justice. Before Christ, God gave His chosen people commandments, and there were consequences for breaking them... death being part of them. God also jealously guarded His chosen ones, so that anyone that proves to be a threat to their lives was killed.

God after seeing the stubborn and stony heart of His creations, decided in His infinite mercies to put all our iniquities on Jesus.... reason why you won't find any account of killings attributed to God after the death of Christ." - Akin Kuti

There was need for a new covenant and a higher sacrifice was needed and Christ came through. To render the existing covenant useless, a higher sacrifice is needed to establish a new one. So Christ was a higher sacrifice which was used to overwrite the existing one, that's why his conception was not normal. Already, covenants God had with man was established with blood of animals and humans, so a blood of more than an animal and a human is needed for a new covenant to be established. Lets see it this way, if you want to subdue an exiting power, you need a greater power, if you go with lower power, you can't accomplish the mission. Have you seen or heard a Pastor or Priest embarked on a family liberation which at the end the person lost his life or ran away? That's because the power of the deity is greater than what's within the Pastor or Priest. For a successful liberation, a powerful man of God whose authority or power is beyond that of the deity is needed for the work.

So that was how the new covenant was able to be established through Christ.

Christians needs to understand this message that the old covenant (laws) is done and dusted. It has expired, no longer valid.

Hebrews 7:18-19
18 The former regulation is set aside because it was weak and useless 19 (for the law made nothing perfect), and a better hope is introduced, by which we draw near to God.

Hebrews 7:12
For when the priesthood is changed, the law must be changed also.
Hebrew 8 vs 13
"By calling this covenant “new,” he has made the first one obsolete; and what is obsolete and outdated will soon disappear."

Anything church doctrine or practice not found in the new testament, Christians are not suppose to obey them.

Colossians 2:16-23

Freedom From Human Rules

16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Honchoslim16(m): 10:01am On Nov 27, 2022
Business centres

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by MikeMicheal(m): 10:02am On Nov 27, 2022
Lukuluku69:

7. Ida mewa ( Tithe)

Then, after all these, you will hear Special Offering, Pastor Welfare and they always tell Congregants to always remember there Pastors with Gifts. Also, the Baba wey be Pastor uses one SUV, and Two Sedans and will always upbraid Congrrgtants of looking side ways whenever he happens to use the Public Transport sometimes and refusing to pay his fares.
OFFERING
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Youngzedd(m): 10:04am On Nov 27, 2022
Cerebellum:

Matthew 4:3-11
[3]During that time the devil came and said to him, “If you are the Son of God, tell these stones to become loaves of bread.”
[4]But Jesus told him, “No! The Scriptures say,
‘People do not live by bread alone,
    but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.’”
[5]Then the devil took him to the holy city, Jerusalem, to the highest point of the Temple,
[6]and said, “If you are the Son of God, jump off! For the Scriptures say,
‘He will order his angels to protect you.
And they will hold you up with their hands
    so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone.’”
[7]Jesus responded, “The Scriptures also say, ‘You must not test the lord your God.’”
[8]Next the devil took him to the peak of a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their glory.
[9]“I will give it all to you,” he said, “if you will kneel down and worship me.”
[10]“Get out of here, Satan,” Jesus told him. “For the Scriptures say,
‘You must worship the lord your God
    and serve only him.’”
[11]Then the devil went away, and angels came and took care of Jesus.

Christ responded with superior scripture, he didn't run away instead the devil did.

Shey you're a Christian ba? Oya respond like Christ.
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Tboymessiah(m): 10:08am On Nov 27, 2022
NasoLifeBe !!!

O.P, You mixed the law given to the children of Israelites, the Jew!!! To the way of Christianity..
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Sterope(f): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2022
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Lukuluku69(m): 10:34am On Nov 27, 2022
MikeMicheal:
OFFERING

Even the Vows are offerings too?
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by Ogunleti01: 10:35am On Nov 27, 2022
Lukuluku69:

Op, under what classification are the followings because a Church in front of my house usually ask for them on a regular basis.

7. Ida mewa ( Tithe)

You no add Journey mercy (Molo layo Mo bo layo) . That is my present concern with the new church i am attending. The service begins with money and ends with money 1. General offering, 2. Vow 3. Development 4. Tithe 5. Seed of blessing 6. Contribution for Men and women of Faith., 7. Contribution for zonal/regional conference. And your Band anniversary contribution. In all of these i have discovered that majority of the attendees have now become passive. as big as the church is with chairs and everything attendance every sunday is nothing to write home about. The only thing helping is the periodic influx of some corp members because they have accomodation for corp member who wish to stay in the church. The country is putting heavy financial burden on her citizen yet churches are pressing them more with heavy financial commitment.. To me once i pay my offering and tithe which i considered important, every other thing become secondary. I don't want to give anything to God out of compulsion
Re: 7 Types Of Giving In The Church by nocera(m): 10:52am On Nov 27, 2022
Trutalker123:
Thank you very much for the understanding giving you by the Holy spirit on to the issue of First Fruit.

Right from over 20years ago, as a teenager, through study of the scriptures, I also understood that first fruit is not all of the first but a part thereof.

Come to think of it, if the whole isrealites bring all their harvest (imagine a whole country's harvest given to only one tribe that are fewer in number), where will the Levite keep it?
But when the bring in their parts, there will always be meat in God's house.

You speak the truth. Thank you for your boldness. This is the reason why firstfruit preaching doesn't move me, because I searched the scriptures and it testified it to be so ("search the scriptures for in it ye think you have life. And there are there that testified of me" )

It really troubled my spiritual understanding as well as challenged my sense of logic.

You see, the Bible holds all the answers; it only takes a humble heart and a diligent mind to dig up truths from it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ibidunni Ighodalo Honoured By Dolapo Osinbajo At Runway Jazz Humanitarian Award / Hope: Deeper Life December Retreat 2018 / Dealing With The Coronavirus As A Christian: What You Must Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.