Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,208 members, 7,846,009 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? (2702 Views)

The Effects Of Dating Who You'll Not Marry / Is This Marriage Or Modern Slavery? / Are Guys Scared Of Dating Or Marrying Working-Class Ladies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 2:32pm On Aug 26, 2011
I have been looking at these 2 types of dating options and i have seen that the modern way of dating has really affected our marital values in a negative way (My opinion though), i am setting up this thread to discuss various pros and cons of traditional dating likewise modern dating.

Pros of Traditional dating :

1: You rarely get unwanted pregnancy claim shoved down your throat because not only you knows that you've never slept with her, but also most of the family members (including hers).

2: less temptation

3: More reason to want to get married to her due to the fact that you both hardly see eachother

4: Moral standard is upheld

5: Both family are aware and knows about both of you (no hiding place for you incase you're thinking of "hit and run"wink

6: Roles of both the male and female are known right from the beginning.

7: You have people watching your steps and moves.

You can add more :

Cons :

1: Not enough time to know each other that much

2: deceit is very likely

3: Too much 3rd party involvement.

4: Inequality is supported to a fault here

5: You have people watching your steps and moves thereby making you uncomfortable and gives you room to pretend.

Add more if you have any.

Pros of modern dating:

1: Fast and straight to point

2: easy entry, easy exit

3: equality

4: You can have her sleep over at your place anytime any day

5: Sampling knows no boundary

6: Can have issues even before tying the knot.

Add more if you have any

Cons:

1: Infidelity is likely to be rampant here

2: Deceits too

3: Contracting of deadly disease is also possible

4: Unwanted pregnancy is a likelihood

5: Dumping very common

6: Over familiarity thereby killing the zeal to get married on time.

7: Notion like "why buy the cow when you can get the milk for free" comes into play.

You can add more if you have.

Having highlighted the above, i would say i prefer the traditional way of dating and the modern way, to me, i think the modern way has actually done more harm to the societal, marital and family value than the traditional dating way.

With the way young girls get pregnant and contact diseases now a days, it leaves your mouth wide open thinking of these things going on. in the traditional dating days, you're likely never to see a 17 years old thinking of a relationship, Being Intimate or going to sleep over at her BF's place but in the modern dating days, its rampantly common and very detrimental to the sanity of the whole society at large.

What do you guys think?

Discuss.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Aug 26, 2011
Traditional setting without the 3rd party Involvement & Practiced in a Modernized WAY! cool cool
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 5:44pm On Aug 26, 2011
sexkillz:

Traditional setting without the 3rd party Involvement & Practiced in a Modernized WAY! cool cool

Explain the bolded
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Aug 26, 2011
traditional kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by Nobody: 6:06pm On Aug 26, 2011
honeric01:

Explain the bolded
Yeah! Everyone should know we are dating, but what's with the tracking me all the time? Jor o! Make them go find better work do abeg! undecided cool
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 6:36pm On Aug 26, 2011
toba:

traditional kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Any reason? is this what you practice in your relationship if you're in anyone right now?

I feel the traditional way of dating is the best and can stand the real marital test of time unlike the too fast too furious modern dating ways we have already now.

^^^^

When i said "watch", i didn't mean policing you, but people knowing that both of you are together and anytime something is wrong, they'll know even without any one of you telling them because it's a known issue.

It helps curtain infidelity, it also helps you in a way, other men won't chase after your girl because they know the whole world know she's for you.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by BABE3: 6:47pm On Aug 26, 2011
Honorable, could you define Traditional dating and Modern dating (in simple-short sentences)?
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 12:46am On Aug 27, 2011
&^^^^^

I ain't honorable, rather call me honeyeric

Anyways the definition can be taken from the explanations i gave below, add 1 + 1, you'll surely get the definition that suits you.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by BABE3: 1:13am On Aug 27, 2011
Below? Honeyeric ko, Honey Jar ni.

Anyways, brb (maybe) with my comment(s).
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by MrsChima(f): 1:19am On Aug 27, 2011
Babe

Let me see if I can help you on this one.

Traditional dating are usually refer to courting back in the old days where the boy will come to the parent house and request your hand in courtship with parent's approval beforehand. It is something similar to gentlemen calling when back in the old days where a group of girls who were "ready" to be courted go to the town ball and the suitors would show up and "auction" for the girl and sometimes you will have two guys picking the same girl. The guy then will have a silent auction the largest bid won.

Sex talk and actions were like a diamond in a pile of shit during the traditional time.

Now imagine the opposite for modern dating. Hope that helps. wink
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by bknight: 1:23am On Aug 27, 2011
remember d part in godfather when d youngest son left for sicily and was chyking dat girl. everywhere they went, all d female members of the family goes. it was cool grin
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 1:26am On Aug 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

Babe

Let me see if I can help you on this one.  

Traditional dating are usually refer to courting back in the old days where the boy will come to the parent house and request your hand in courtship with parent's approval beforehand.  It is something similar to gentlemen calling when back in the old days where a group of girls who were "ready" to be courted go to the town ball and the suitors would show up and "auction" for the girl and sometimes you will have two guys picking the same girl.  The guy then will have a silent auction the largest bid won.  

Sex talk and actions were like a diamond in a pile of poo during the traditional time.  

Now imagine the opposite for modern dating.  Hope that helps.   wink

Nah, what you described here is a cultural thing and not the traditional dating i put up here, what you're trying to describe is like a festival for virgins, so be clear on the difference.

Traditional dating does not need any festival, it's just a conventional way of dating where a man is not expected to know the color of all your pants in your wardrobe even before he knows your middle name. cheesy (not to you o, na general statement o).
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 1:28am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

Below? Honeyeric ko, Honey Jar ni.

Anyways, brb (maybe) with my comment(s).

Hehehehe, you don't have to call me honey, i have someone who does that already cool
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by seedord247(m): 1:32am On Aug 27, 2011
honeric01:

Hehehehe, you don't have to call me honey, i have someone who does that already cool

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. .

Online tripping
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by BABE3: 1:34am On Aug 27, 2011
honeric01:

I see you still do stand-up comedy.

So, you prefered giving the definition to Mrs Chima (that never asked you), to me (that intentionally asked you for it)--?

I'm back with my comment: I prefer Modern dating.

Thanks, Mrs Chima.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 1:36am On Aug 27, 2011
seedord247:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin. .

Online tripping

Face front, true true, if you see my babe, you go shake my palm wella. cheesy
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 1:38am On Aug 27, 2011
BABE!:

I see you still do stand-up comedy.

So, you prefered giving the definition to Mrs Chima (that never asked you), to me (that intentionally asked you for it)--?

I'm back with my comment: I prefer Modern dating.

Thanks, Mrs Chima.

Well i didn't give her, i only corrected her own "definition".

You still didn't give your o, BTW, do you show your BF every new PTS you buy while putting it on? (jokes) cheesy
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by BABE3: 1:54am On Aug 27, 2011
Erm, well you still gave her in the process of "correcting". Olodo. (Jokes) cheesy

Ewo tun ni PTS--

No, I don't.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 1:58am On Aug 27, 2011
^^^

PTS - panties the modern way grin
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 2:02am On Aug 27, 2011
One of the most annoying things about modern days dating is that some girls even leave their undies at their BF's place, some washed and some unwashed, how else do you expect him to go all the way to pay your dowry or anything of such when he knows virtually everything about you including how many unshaved hair you have left underneath?
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by MrsChima(f): 2:46am On Aug 27, 2011
honeric01:

Well i didn't give her, i only corrected her own "definition".

You still didn't give your o, BTW, do you show your BF every new PTS you buy while putting it on? (jokes) cheesy

No, no, and no suga. You didn't correct me because what I said was THE TRUE definition of traditional dating.

Traditional in the DICTIONARY even states the definition is an adjective of which place or thing are handed down by or conforming to tradition.

How do you think cultures are formed? DUH.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by Nyerhovwo1(m): 3:37am On Aug 27, 2011
the old and traditional way is what God almighty instituted in d garden of eden coz he was aware of d process b4 eve got married to adam. so modern dating like u said is just full with evil and selfish interest. so i'll go for d old and traditional style it suits me coz sex spoils everything. d truth is d difference btw d trado way and d modern way is d no sex thing in d old way while sex is part of d modern way. dat is all. cool
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 9:25am On Aug 27, 2011
Mrs.Chima:

No, no, and no suga. You didn't correct me because what I said was THE TRUE definition of traditional dating.

Traditional in the DICTIONARY even states the definition is an adjective of which place or thing are handed down by or conforming to tradition.

How do you think cultures are formed? DUH.

That is not a traditional dating or are you trying to say before you date in a conservative way, you must gather in the village square, dance around with virgin girls all lined up as "prizes" for the best male dancer or male fighter? that's just a religious and cultural festival, nothing to do with the common dating practices.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by Mynd44: 9:37am On Aug 27, 2011
*Yawns*
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 2:17pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^

To high for you to comprehend or?
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by ronkebp(f): 2:46pm On Aug 27, 2011
Traditional dating is better,
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^

Why and is that what you practice?
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by ronkebp(f): 3:00pm On Aug 27, 2011
honeric01:

^^^^

Why and is that what you practice?

No, i did not practise that, but wished i did, i like the fact the couples keep themselves till that wedding day, there is something so special about that and so divine, there is usually more respect and trust.

Civility, which we call 'modern dating' has no virtue but sin, lies, untrustworthiness,infidelity and so on. I do not see any 'pros' in modern dating.
Re: Traditional Or Modern Mode Of Dating? by honeric01(m): 3:05pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^^

I don't think modern day dating lacks any pros, they might not be much but "taking off guard" is out of it.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Girls/ladies Carry Tissue Paper Wherever They Go / Nigerian Men! / Ladies: Fat Guys Or Skinny Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.