Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,454 members, 7,830,251 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:38 PM

South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. (6542 Views)

I Think It's Time We South South People Start "This Is Our State, This Is Our Oi / Sit-At-Home: Asaba Is Taking Over The Economy Of The East / Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FatherOfJesus: 7:37am On Nov 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
You're not from Asaba.

Must you all lie just for cheap point

Fraudbidient everywhere
I am from Okpanam in Asaba, I am Igbo.

Are you the person to tell us who we are?

8 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FatherOfJesus: 7:39am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

No. I'm South South.
I am from southsouth, Asaba precisely and I am unambiguously Igbo.

There are Igbos in southsouth, even the governor of Delta state admitted that he’s an Igbo man from Agbor

8 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Fawazzz: 7:43am On Nov 28, 2022
What's the true population of the Igbos, it's seems to have been underestimated from all I have read so far.

4 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by anyilalaz: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:
The people of the south-south region who are fed up with Igbo people trying to claim things that don't belong to them fought back on Facebook today after Igbo Admin claimed Asaba city in Delta State belongs to Igbos. 

They caution the Igbo to stop taking their silence for weakness by claiming everything that belongs to them. It was once Port Harcourt; now it is Asaba, and very soon they will claim Edo State.

Meanwhile, some Igbo historians who are also in the group are explaining how the Igbo own the whole south-south, including Asaba.

They claim that the Fulani were the ones who brainwashed them and created the south-south to separate them from the Igbo, who are their real roots, because there is nothing like that in the geography of the world. 

When the narative favours them,... we are not Igbo!!! When it does not, Our Fathers are Igbo.

The first coup d'état that happened in Nigeria and which the Igbos are blamed for was organised by a Delta man named Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu..

7 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Get2go: 7:50am On Nov 28, 2022
Asaba is a land owned by Igbo people of Asaba.
Warri is a land owned by Itshekiri people, some parts by Urhobo people & Ijaw people.
Agbor is a land owned by Ika Igbo people of Agbor.
Ughelli is a land owned by Urhobo people of Ughelli.
Kwale is a land owned by Ukwuani people of Kwale.
Sapele is a land owned by Okpe Urhobo people of Sapele.

4 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by femisplash: 7:52am On Nov 28, 2022
tishbite41:

It's of no use arguing with an ignorant urchin
Go and read the book, Building a nation: An autobiography by Dennis Osadebay. Also, you can Google the Ekumeku Wars.
The Western Igbos were named Anioma by DO when the present-day Ohaneze was formed.
The Ahaba and Anioma are highly educated and we have a well documented history.
Even the Binis can't be arrogant and ignorant to talk about any territorial claims in Anioma.
The wicked Brits forced a union with the equally callous Yorubas because of the losses they incurred in the almost 100-year Ekumeku War. They had also suffer dearly during the Arochukwu Wars waged by our Eastern brothers. So, the Brits knew that keeping us together will portend great danger to their rule. They used divide and conquer tactics and separated us.
When the Biafra started we all knew instinctively where to run to: the Igbo heartland, Biafra, despite the bombardments.
Why didn't we run to Benin-City, Yorubaland or Hausaland.
Don't be foolish.
If the minorities were serious like the Mid-West they would have gotten their referendum like the Southern Cameroonians did. They were not marginalized so those being used by the Brits and Yorubas couldn't make a headway.
You know nothing boy, both Ohaneze and Anioma were the creation of Osadebey. Both names do not exist in any documents predating 1975. They were created post civil war.
And how would you run to any other regions of the country during the war when biafra was already encircled by the Nigerian forces.

3 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Idiko1: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:

What is South-South?

The people who responded negatively are dunces which confirms the fact Nigeria is a decent home of fools. I guess Nigeria should be disintegrated to give emergent nation states the opportunity to formulate a creative educational system. The 1967 massacre of innocent citizens of Asaba did happen because Asaba is Igbo land not Edo, Yoruba, Itsekiri, Urhobo or Ijaw.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by hammerT: 7:56am On Nov 28, 2022
WHAT IS SS PEOPLE? DOES THAT EVEN EXIST? RUBBISH!

DELTA STATE HAS URHOBO, ITSHEKIRI, IJAW AND IGBO(ANIOMA)

DURING THE BIAFRA WAR, THE PEOPLE TODAY CALLING THEMSELVES SS PEOPLE, POINTED NIGERIA ARMY TO ASABA AS IGBO PEOPLE.

SO, NEARLY 70 YEARS AFTER THE OCTOBER 7, 1967 ASABA MASSACRE, TODAY THE SAME SO CALLLED SS PEOPLE ARE CLAIMING ASABA ARE NOT IGBO.

THEY ARE MAD.

ASABA IS IGBOLAND AND ASABA PEOPLE ARE IGBO.

HOWEVER, BEING THE CAPITAL OF DELTA STATE MEANS, IGBO ASABA IS TODAY SHARED WITH OTHER ETHNIC GROUPS FROM DELTA STATE.

THE KEY WORD IS SHARED, MEANING ASABA TODAY IS AS MUCH IGBO AS IT IS URHOBO, ITSEKIRI AND IJAW.

THE OWNERSHIP IS SHARED.

3 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by uba1991: 7:59am On Nov 28, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:

What is South-South?
what is south east

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by BloomingDale(f): 8:01am On Nov 28, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
I am from southsouth, Asaba precisely and I am unambiguously Igbo.

There are Igbos in southsouth, even the governor of Delta state admitted that he’s an Igbo man from Agbor

Lol. Igbo man from South East. You think say I be small pikin? Be very careful. No dey use me play like that.

4 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Emergingnation3(m): 8:03am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

That land was former Benin Empire, then Western Nigeria, them MidWest, then Bendel, then Edo and Delta. When was it ever Igbo land?
illiterate Afonja Muslim, why was the coup of Chukwuma Kaduna Nzeogwu of 1966, who is from that part of the country term Igbo coup, if they aren't Igbo ...

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by hammerT: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

Lol. Igbo man from South East. You think say I be small pikin? Be very careful. No dey use me play like that.

YORUBA MAN, PRETENDING TO BE A WOMAN, GO AND CURE YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS, YOU ARE SPREADING DISEASE ACROSS NIGERIA.

IMBECILIC TENDERCY AND LOVE OF CHAOS IS A PANDEMIC.

RASCALITY!

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by TheMohican(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:

People of Asaba said they are not Igbo..... Na by force?

When?!

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by hammerT: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2022
FURTHER TO MY SUBMISSION.

IT IS IMPORTANT, I ADD THAT DELTA STATE IS A VERY TRIBALISTIC STATE, AND A PLACE OF TRIBAL HATRED.

I WANT TO USE THIS AVENUE TO WARN OTHER TRIBES IN DELTA, TO DESIST FROM TELLING OUR PEOPLE IN ANIOMA, THAT THEY ARE NOT IGBO OR THEIR LAND IS NOT IGBO.

IT IS LIKE AN IGBO TELLING A URHOBO THAT HE OR SHE IS NOT URHOBO, THAT IS VERY RUDE, ARROGANT AND IGNORANT.

U CAN ONLY TELL A PERSON, ABOUT YOUR TRIBE NOT TELLING THEM ABOUT THEIR TRIBE.

IT IS LIKE TELLING A PERSON HIS NAME, WITHOUT ASKING HIM.

YOU CAN ONLY TELL US YOUR NAME, NOT TELLING ANOTHER MAN OR WOMAN HIS OR HER NAME.

RUDE, ILLITERATE, ARROGANT AND IGNORANT.

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by TheMohican(m): 8:09am On Nov 28, 2022
Asaba natives weren’t killed in their thousands because of their igboness only for their killers to come and say they aren’t igbos

5 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by BloomingDale(f): 8:12am On Nov 28, 2022
hammerT:

YORUBA MAN, PRETENDING TO BE A WOMAN, GO AND CURE YOUR MENTAL ILLNESS, YOU ARE SPREADING DISEASE ACROSS NIGERIA.

IMBECILIC TENDERCY AND LOVE OF CHAOS IS A PANDEMIC.

RASCALITY!

Lol. You no see as you mumu.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by uba1991: 8:15am On Nov 28, 2022
I said it. If Peter Obi win, I swear other Nigerians will be treated like slaves.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by owobokiri(m): 8:16am On Nov 28, 2022
waterpouroverfl:

Tweet all fake, but I still wonder their aim trying to seperate igbos from the rest.. if not for wicked plot they have cook up

Any Igbo man that doesn't understand why the Tinupoo clan work hand in hand with the core northerners to cause a devide amongst igbos and between igbos and her minority neighbors, needs to wake up from his slumber, smell the coffee real quick, before he's totally annihilated by those he calls "fellow Nigerians". They hate you to the bone because of your egalitarian culture and the resources in your region. Don't indulge them. You have to confront and defeat their hate!

The Nigerian banking system, the Oil and Gas industry, the mining and cement industries, the telecommunications sector, the army, the navy, the airforce, the Customs, name it even the agricultural sector are all high yielding areas of the economy that have been strongly cornered by these groups using State power, as a result of the war. They know they won't have gotten all those on a platter without the war. So they are trying to protect their loot.

When they leave someone like Osibanjo and stand behind a daylight robber like Tinupoo, they're simply affirming what we all know, which is that the two regions are taking turns to loot the resources of this country. They're not interested in nation building. They're for national looting! So when they see the South East and the South South forming a common ground, they stay fidgeting because they know that such common ground amongst the ethnic groups of the former Eastern Nigeria, spells doom for their thieving habits.

That's the reason! Nothing else..

5 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by waterpouroverfl: 8:20am On Nov 28, 2022
owobokiri:

Any Igbo man that doesn't understand why the Tinupoo clan work hand in hand with the core northerners to cause a devide amongst igbos and between igbos and her minority neighbors, needs to wake up from his slumber, smell the coffee real quick, before he's totally annihilated by those he calls "fellow Nigerians". They hate you to the bone because of your egalitarian culture and the resources in your region. Don't indulge them. You have to confront and defeat their hate!

The Nigerian banking system, the Oil and Gas industry, the mining and cement industries, the telecommunications sector, the army, the navy, the airforce, the Customs, name it even the agricultural sector are all high yielding areas of the economy that have been strongly cornered by these groups using State power, as a result of the war. They know they won't have gotten all those on a platter without the war. So they are trying to protect their loot.

When they leave someone like Osibanjo and stand behind a daylight robber like Tinupoo, they're simply affirming what we all know, which is that the two regions are taking turns to loot the resources of this country. They're not interested in nation building. They're for national looting! So when they see the South East and the South South forming a common ground, they stay fidgeting because they know that such common ground amongst the ethnic groups of the former Eastern Nigeria, spells doom for their thieving habits.

That's the reason! Nothing else..

They know

We the expose know long time

But it's a problem when the idiooooooootas among us refuse to learn.

4 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by MansoryMX(m): 8:36am On Nov 28, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:
South East is a legitimate Cardinal Point. What the hell is South-South? Ok. Let me give you clue. In the North you have the North East, North West and North Central. But in the South, you now have South-South! What is South-South? If you can't have North-North or East-East or West -West why then do we have South-South?

You are an illegitimate cardinal point/ geopolitical Zone. There is nothing like South-South. South Central would have made more sense. And in any case, the geopolitical zones were created by Abacha in the 90's. So does it mean Asaba had no bearing before the 90's?

Asaba is and have always been part of Igboland. Let me give you an example. There are Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara and these states are in the North- Central Geopolitical zone. Can a Yoruba from Kwara deny his tribe and say he is from North Central? That is exactly how stupid idiots like you sound when you deny your Igbo tribe and claim you are from South- South as if South-South is a tribe!

My friend go and learn your history, onye eriri eri ka ibu!

You are just a foolish kid who still collect monthly allow from his parent. No need arguing with you. Continue insulting your parent, not me. I know your type. When they can’t prove a point they result to throwing insults but I will school you a bit. The demarcation between East and South is the river Niger Bridge! Get that into your fragile and empty skull.
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FreedomfromtheT: 8:44am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:

Where did the people of Asaba say that? And what tribe are they? Is Southsouth a tribe?

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by ariesbull: 8:51am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:

says your mama

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Idiko1: 8:52am On Nov 28, 2022
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by ariesbull: 8:54am On Nov 28, 2022
Bantu10:

Is kabba Yoruba land?
Okun people say they aren't yoruba ...they hate to be described as yoruba
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Idiko1: 9:04am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

That land was former Benin Empire, then Western Nigeria, them MidWest, then Bendel, then Edo and Delta. When was it ever Igbo land?

The so-called Benin Empire did not even dream of south or southeast expansion. The silly attempt to look southeast became problematic because of Kingdom of Agbo and its powerful Obi of Agbo.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Idiko1: 9:14am On Nov 28, 2022
femisplash:

Look at this Itibolibo, Was there any people called Anioma during the British expedition?.. The Anioma in present day Asaba settled as a result of migration from the old Benin empire.
It is also instructive that the Midwest wasn't created as a result of marginalization, Awolowo was a proponent of minorities having their independent states from the major tribes, hence moving the motion at the federal house. While Midwest was created through referendum, Azikiwe rejected the call of COR minorities their rights to independent states.

Please for sake of posterity, can you name one route the migration graced? As for Awolowo and moving motion at the federal house, do you know when Awolowo was arrested and imprisoned for treason?

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by gidgiddy: 9:17am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

Its always been Igbo land, Benin empire, Western Nigeria, Midwest, Delta State, are all man made creations

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Bantu10: 9:27am On Nov 28, 2022
ariesbull:
Okun people say they aren't yoruba ...they hate to be described as yoruba

Nawao. We also know that ilorin is not a Yoruba land, but Fulani land.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by PARADIZEPRIEST: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2022
ASABA IS JESUS CHRIST LAND,LIVE ASABA OUT OF YOUR sickNESS grin sadWhen them wan die they say you be their brother,but when them dey enjoy them say your dialet is not Igbo.THIS WAS HOW THEY LIED BIG TIME IN 1966 THAT NZOGWU IS FROM ASABA AND INNOCENT ASABA ANCESTORS WERE MASSACRED. angryMOST PEOPLE IN ANAMBRA,IMO,ENUGU,ETC HAVE BEEN DISCRIMATORS,THEY THINK THEIR IGBO DIALECT IS MORE IGBO THAN OTHERS.BUT WHEN OJUGWU BECKONed HE TRIED TO UNIT ALL IGBO DIALECTS,YET HIS DEFIANT ANAMBRA PEOPLE PERSISTED IN THEIR DISCRINATORY AND DEFAMATION OF IGBOS IN DELTA STATE. TILL DATE IS STILL THERE,EXCEPT A FEW ENLIGHTENED ARE CORRECTING THEIR ANCESTORIAL BLUNDERS. angry

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FatherOfJesus: 9:31am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

how do you mean?
Are you from delta state?
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by tishbite41(m): 9:38am On Nov 28, 2022
femisplash:

You know nothing boy, both Ohaneze and Anioma were the creation of Osadebey. Both names do not exist in any documents predating 1975. They were created post civil war.
And how would you run to any other regions of the country during the war when biafra was already encircled by the Nigerian forces.
Arguing with a fo.ol will add nothing to my knowledge
Bye
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by tishbite41(m): 9:39am On Nov 28, 2022
Idiko1:

The so-called Benin Empire did not even dream of south or southeast expansion. The silly attempt to look southeast became problematic because of Kingdom of Agbo and its powerful Obi of Agbo.
God bless you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FG Seeks National Assembly’s Support On Economic Crisis, Others / Every Igbo Person Gets Goosebumps On Sighting This Place While Going To The East / Babangida Campaign Takes Delivery Of 500 Cars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.