Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,226 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:41 AM

South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. (6528 Views)

I Think It's Time We South South People Start "This Is Our State, This Is Our Oi / Sit-At-Home: Asaba Is Taking Over The Economy Of The East / Ijaw Youths Disown Embattled CJN, Say South-south People Are Not Corrupt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Get2go: 11:16pm On Nov 27, 2022
Asaba is a land owned by Igbo people of Asaba.
Warri is a land owned by Itshekiri people, some parts by Urhobo people & Ijaw people
Agbor is a land owned by Ika Igbo people of Agbor.

7 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Melvinkel: 11:27pm On Nov 27, 2022
Na who get Igbo time go talk to them, there was a time a Biagoats big board was brought to Obiarukwu in Ukwuani Delta State very close to abraka claiming that's the boundary between biafra and Nigeria,oboy na once men pull out we are not biafra, remove your useless board from here and after much disagreement, the big board was left behind for those aboki selling cows and they are using it for their business.
So ASABA in Delta State is never a Biagoats we are Delta on South south and if we must have our country, we move on Niger Delta not biagoat.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by femisplash: 11:31pm On Nov 27, 2022
tishbite41:

God punish you and Benin Empire

The British conquered the Ekumeku warriors and lumped Anioma with the wicked Yorubas knowing fully well we're Igbos.
After experiencing first class marginalization at the hands of Awo and Akintola, Osadebay mobilized and got the Mid-West.
The same Osadebay was one of the founding fathers of the Igbo State Union.
The Nigerian Army carried out a genocide on the Ahaba people because of our Igbo ancestry.
Never you repeat that nonsense again
Thief.nubu cum dump
Look at this Itibolibo, Was there any people called Anioma during the British expedition?.. The Anioma in present day Asaba settled as a result of migration from the old Benin empire.
It is also instructive that the Midwest wasn't created as a result of marginalization, Awolowo was a proponent of minorities having their independent states from the major tribes, hence moving the motion at the federal house. While Midwest was created through referendum, Azikiwe rejected the call of COR minorities their rights to independent states.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Bantu10: 11:34pm On Nov 27, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Attache by force

Is kabba Yoruba land?
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by femisplash: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2022
BloomingDale:

That land was former Benin Empire, then Western Nigeria, them MidWest, then Bendel, then Edo and Delta. When was it ever Igbo land?
There was nothing like Anioma until 1975 when it was created by Osadebey. Prior to that, the name "Anioma" did not appear in any documents predating it. Moreover, the Exodus of settlers in present day Asaba migrated from the old Benin empire when crisis emerged.

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by MansoryMX(m): 11:40pm On Nov 27, 2022
AbujaCitiBlog:

What is South-South?

What is South East?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Get2go: 11:56pm On Nov 27, 2022
Warri is a land owned by Itshekiri people, some parts by Urhobo people & Ijaw people
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by colonelwealth(m): 12:02am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:

People of Asaba said they are not Igbo..... Na by force?

Misguided youths born after the war& the minors born from 1996&1999 upwards ranting about what they hear from beer parlour gist from decietful people.

Asaba is Igbo, has been way before colonialism and regionalism in Nigeria.

Though the dialets may differ like other Igbo towns(Ohaofia, Nsukka, Ngwa etc) but same Igbo language.....same as Igweocha town (PH).

But people can pretend to live in denial all they want as they please but doesn't change the truth.

3 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Graysons: 12:26am On Nov 28, 2022
agadez007:
Isn’t it strange how none of the names that commented are Asabans,they sound mostly ijaw
If you want to talk about asaba being Igbo,ask Lynxxx he is the son of the asagba of asaba and in most of his songs he have always affirmed as an Igbo boy

All these don’t matter
You are upset about ijaws! It's not ijaw fault that you land grabbing, unwanted lost, Israelites are so hell bent in stealing other people's lands,all because you can't live in that your potor potor, red mud, backwards, south east enclaved.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Victoronah1: 1:42am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

No. I'm South South.
There is nothing like south south. That word was just made up. We only have the East west and North. All the rest that is not west and north states fall under the east

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Christistruth00: 2:31am On Nov 28, 2022
At least they have given up on dragging Lagos with Yorubas
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Christistruth00: 2:35am On Nov 28, 2022
Victoronah1:
There is nothing like south south. That word was just made up. We only have the East west and North. All the rest that is not west and north states fall under the east

South South are the Ethnic Minorities Of Southern Nigeria they

Were given their own Region-to protect them from Domination by the Bigger Tribes

They are happy with the arrangement and are not complaining

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by onomeabuja: 2:38am On Nov 28, 2022
owobokiri:

Attache to what by force?
How can I be attaching myself to what is mine!?
The Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP is from the Agbor area. Agbor is nearer to Benin than Asaba. He has told you whom he is.
Every part of igboland from Rivers to Benue.., from Akwa Ibom to Edo, will all be brought back into the fold no matter what it takes.
By fire by force!
If you're against that, the be getting ready for war
See ur dirty mouth.....
I am a real deltan n if u Ibo's dnt like ur life, then sing war song for us & u will hear from my kind!!!
Whom de Bleep do u guys think u are, polluting every thread with ur rotten ego?
Our kind have warned u guys already that, u Ibo's must maintain peace in our region or u guys will all b thrown out!
Can u guys fight war with d people of the south south
Stupid people

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Owologbo(m): 5:32am On Nov 28, 2022
owobokiri:
Useless thread!
Go to The Palace of Asagba of Asaba and tell him he is not Igbo and see if your head will follow you back home that day..
Thread should be closed!

So speaking Igbo makes one an Ibo man?
Before the primary elections, your leaders came out to say if tickets were to be zone to the ibo, it should be restricted to the SE; so why claim Asaba now?
The most insulting of all these is someone claiming the whole Delta State to be Ibo.
Apart from politicians like Okowa, can you show me a clip/link prominent Igbo speaking Deltans claiming Ibo (e.g Iwela, Jim Ovie, kachwuku etc)?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Owologbo(m): 5:36am On Nov 28, 2022
owobokiri:

Attache to what by force?
How can I be attaching myself to what is mine!?
The Vice Presidential candidate of the PDP is from the Agbor area. Agbor is nearer to Benin than Asaba. He has told you whom he is.
Every part of igboland from Rivers to Benue.., from Akwa Ibom to Edo, will all be brought back into the fold no matter what it takes.
By fire by force!
If you're against that, the be getting ready for war

Don't go banking on all these politicians with their polical statement.
point non political eminent Deltans claiming Igbo.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by tsdarkside(m): 5:40am On Nov 28, 2022
haha....make them kwantinu....

their reckless statements will make south southerners even separate more from igbos....

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by AbujaCitiBlog: 5:41am On Nov 28, 2022
MansoryMX:

What is South East?
South East is a legitimate Cardinal Point. What the hell is South-South? Ok. Let me give you clue. In the North you have the North East, North West and North Central. But in the South, you now have South-South! What is South-South? If you can't have North-North or East-East or West -West why then do we have South-South?

You are an illegitimate cardinal point/ geopolitical Zone. There is nothing like South-South. South Central would have made more sense. And in any case, the geopolitical zones were created by Abacha in the 90's. So does it mean Asaba had no bearing before the 90's?

Asaba is and have always been part of Igboland. Let me give you an example. There are Yorubas in Kogi and Kwara and these states are in the North- Central Geopolitical zone. Can a Yoruba from Kwara deny his tribe and say he is from North Central? That is exactly how stupid idiots like you sound when you deny your Igbo tribe and claim you are from South- South as if South-South is a tribe!

My friend go and learn your history, onye eriri eri ka ibu!

6 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Owologbo(m): 5:42am On Nov 28, 2022
Gossipninja:
APC and PDP trying to divide the youths.

This is not politics.
I'm a Deltan, an Isoko man. This discussion had nothing to do with my beliefs on Peter Obi.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by waterpouroverfl: 5:48am On Nov 28, 2022
owobokiri:
Useless thread!
Go to The Palace of Asagba of Asaba and tell him he is not Igbo and see if your head will follow you back home that day..
Thread should be closed!

Tweet all fake, but I still wonder their aim trying to seperate igbos from the rest.. if not for wicked plot they have cook up

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Terror48: 5:53am On Nov 28, 2022
TheNiceGuy:
Ndi chestbeater.

Seems you've all forgotten what transpired during civil war.

Continue beating drum of war
Hypocrite, assuming it's a crime that was committed there, you would have attributed Asaba to be the land of the Igbos.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by gidgiddy: 5:55am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:
The people of the south-south region who are fed up with Igbo people trying to claim things that don't belong to them fought back on Facebook today after Igbo Admin claimed Asaba city in Delta State belongs to Igbos. 

They caution the Igbo to stop taking their silence for weakness by claiming everything that belongs to them. It was once Port Harcourt; now it is Asaba, and very soon they will claim Edo State.

Meanwhile, some Igbo historians who are also in the group are explaining how the Igbo own the whole south-south, including Asaba.

They claim that the Fulani were the ones who brainwashed them and created the south-south to separate them from the Igbo, who are their real roots, because there is nothing like that in the geography of the world. 

Asaba is as Igbo as it gets, even the King of Asaba, Obi Chike Edozien, said on Asaba offcial website, that he is a proud Igbo man

https://asaba.com/asagba-of-asaba-i-am-a-proud-igbo-son/

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by BloomingDale(f): 6:13am On Nov 28, 2022
Victoronah1:

Ok I'm Niger Delta

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by tishbite41(m): 6:41am On Nov 28, 2022
femisplash:

Look at this Itibolibo, Was there any people called Anioma during the British expedition?.. The Anioma in present day Asaba settled as a result of migration from the old Benin empire.
It is also instructive that the Midwest wasn't created as a result of marginalization, Awolowo was a proponent of minorities having their independent states from the major tribes, hence moving the motion at the federal house. While Midwest was created through referendum, Azikiwe rejected the call of COR minorities their rights to independent states.
It's of no use arguing with an ignorant urchin
Go and read the book, Building a nation: An autobiography by Dennis Osadebay. Also, you can Google the Ekumeku Wars.
The Western Igbos were named Anioma by DO when the present-day Ohaneze was formed.
The Ahaba and Anioma are highly educated and we have a well documented history.
Even the Binis can't be arrogant and ignorant to talk about any territorial claims in Anioma.
The wicked Brits forced a union with the equally callous Yorubas because of the losses they incurred in the almost 100-year Ekumeku War. They had also suffer dearly during the Arochukwu Wars waged by our Eastern brothers. So, the Brits knew that keeping us together will portend great danger to their rule. They used divide and conquer tactics and separated us.
When the Biafra started we all knew instinctively where to run to: the Igbo heartland, Biafra, despite the bombardments.
Why didn't we run to Benin-City, Yorubaland or Hausaland.
Don't be foolish.
If the minorities were serious like the Mid-West they would have gotten their referendum like the Southern Cameroonians did. They were not marginalized so those being used by the Brits and Yorubas couldn't make a headway.

5 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by tishbite41(m): 6:42am On Nov 28, 2022
BloomingDale:

KwaraRat, how true is this writeup?
Lol
grin grin grin grin grin
Imagine the ignorant nitwit quoting me.

1 Like

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by agadez007(m): 6:49am On Nov 28, 2022
Graysons:
You are upset about ijaws! It's not ijaw fault that you land grabbing, unwanted lost, Israelites are so hell bent in stealing other people's lands,all because you can't live in that your potor potor, red mud, backwards, south east enclaved.
I don’t care about your insults and rants,you can say whatever you want
What I know,these names in the comments are not asaba natives,and they can keep ranging till eternity but can’t take asaba
Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Ojiofor: 6:58am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:
The people of the south-south region who are fed up with Igbo people trying to claim things that don't belong to them fought back on Facebook today after Igbo Admin claimed Asaba city in Delta State belongs to Igbos. 

They caution the Igbo to stop taking their silence for weakness by claiming everything that belongs to them. It was once Port Harcourt; now it is Asaba, and very soon they will claim Edo State.

Meanwhile, some Igbo historians who are also in the group are explaining how the Igbo own the whole south-south, including Asaba.

They claim that the Fulani were the ones who brainwashed them and created the south-south to separate them from the Igbo, who are their real roots, because there is nothing like that in the geography of the world. 

So Ilorin is not Yoruba land because it is in North Central right?
Why are none Asaba people more bothered about Asaba being Igbo or not?
So tribe is now measured by fake geopolitical zones created in 1996.
If you are confused why not walk into the Palace of the King of Asaba and ask him if Asaba is an Igbo city or not.
Do you know that late Jeo Achuzia the Ikemba of Asaba was Secretary General of Ohanaeze ndi Igbo?

3 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by agadez007(m): 7:00am On Nov 28, 2022
Terror48:
Hypocrite, assuming it's a crime that was committed there, you would have attributed Asaba to be the land of the Igbos.
if a Chukwuma commits a crime,would you care if he is delta or rivers,or just shout ibo
One Asaba guy died while running away from the police in Malaysia,nobody insulted delta that day,it’s was ibo this ibo that,no deltan(urhobo,isoko) claimed their so called brother that day
One isoko man up there is claiming Asaba,The thing is that most of them hate Asaba being the capital of delta because according to them,it’s too igbotic a city

4 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by Get2go: 7:06am On Nov 28, 2022
Ughelli is a land owned by Urhobo people of Ughelli.

2 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by 07kjb: 7:27am On Nov 28, 2022
It is only a bastard in ASABA that will say he is not IGBO

Enweghi NWA-AFO ASABA GA ASI NA YA ABUGHI ONYE IGBO

EVEN WHAT I WROTE UP THERE THE REAL ASABA PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND BUT THE BASTARDS WON'T

WHY DO OTHER PARTS OF NIGERIAN HAVE ISSUES WHEN EVER WE TRIED IDENTIFYING WITH IGBOS OUTSIDE THE EAST STATES?

WE IGBOS HAVEN'T HAD PROBLEM WITH YORUBAS SAYING SOME PART OF KOGI AND KWARA STATE ARE YORUBAS NEITHER DO WE HAVE PROBLEM WITH NORTHERNERS IDENTIFYING WITH THEIRS...SO WHY THE HATE AGAINST THE IGBOS?

5 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by 07kjb: 7:31am On Nov 28, 2022
ASABA IS 101% AN IGBO TERRITORY,THEY ARE NOT HALF BAKED IGBOS

3 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FatherOfJesus: 7:34am On Nov 28, 2022
I am from Okpanam in Asaba, and I am Igbo

5 Likes

Re: South-south People Fight Back After Someone Claims That Asaba Is Igbo Land. by FatherOfJesus: 7:35am On Nov 28, 2022
Nvestor02:

People of Asaba said they are not Igbo..... Na by force?
When?
I am from Asaba, I am Igbo

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Terrorism Here To Stay - NSA, Azazi / Nigeria To Pay New York $1m Parking Fees / Oil States Reject North’s Demand For More Revenue

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.