Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,931 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:59 PM

LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge (14613 Views)

LASG Gives Home Allottees Three-Month Ultimatum / What The Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge Will Look Like / Lagos Fourth Mainland Bridge: Three Companies Reach Final Stage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by richeeyo(m): 9:59am On Nov 28, 2022
Imortal001:

Urchino, not everyone that is against casavani agbadorian is from east. We just want a better country for you and me., and peter obi is best choice for now!
Bro let our pvc decide
May the best win
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by FarahAideed: 10:01am On Nov 28, 2022
3 toll gate on top one bridge ooo..These people are wicked

2 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by Ttalk: 10:11am On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
Sir with respect

Do you think this answers the question?
I asked what do you mean by DECONGEST LAGOS

YOUR premise is that Lagos is congested.

What does that mean?

You seem to be talking about a SOLUTION to a problem that is being questioned

Before discussing treatment let us get the diagnosis right

Oh, I get your point.

What I mean is Lagos state can comfortably accommodate the number of people living in it. But for that to be done those points I mentioned should be observed, just like you frown at the concentration of state development on the Island when the mainland where the bulk of industry and population resides get lower returns.

It is like packing your closet with clothes that are not arranged and ironed. Lagos state urgently needs it. I call it decongestion, you may see it as urban planning and rearrangement, but it is still the same thing
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 10:21am On Nov 28, 2022
Ttalk:

Oh, I get your point.

What I mean is Lagos state can comfortably accommodate the number of people living in it. But for that to be done those points I mentioned should be observed, just like you frown at the concentration of state development on the Island when the mainland where the bulk of industry and population resides get lower returns.

It is like packing your closet with clothes that are not arranged and ironed. Lagos state urgently needs it. I call it decongestion, you may see it as urban planning and rearrangement, but it is still the same thing
I think it is important to be clear what congestion means BY DEFINITION

The term is used all over the world in Mega Cities and in London there is even something called CONGESTION CHARGE to discourage use of cars
So are we talking transport congestion or Human population congestion?
The point is that Lagos State needs a Metro Network covering the main population hotspots. Work is going on in that regard but it does not seem to be a number one priority.
The Badagry Expressway is taking TOO long
If we have a clean ,safe and Secure metro link covering the mainland Lagos State will be fine.

Also Lagos State need to prioritize Ikeja and stop treating the Island as de facto state capital. If we have a good rail network from Ikeja to Abeokuta that will be a great boost

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by 27Pushing30: 10:29am On Nov 28, 2022
empty drums everywhere

Once you post on any social platform it becomes open to responses and reactions

See reaction from who wan run for office.... empty drum i tell you, empty drum! [p
Ttalk:

You are very stuuupid for interfering in my personal opinion. Do you have to empty your frustration on Nairaland. My first experience of decongestion happened over a decade ago right here in Nigeria. But you ignorant idiot here referring to NY as you see every opinion from the point of tribalism and your myopic and retarded mentality.

Again get this into your empty brain and prepared for the eventuality, Lagos state will be decongested if Abuja with its large landmass can be decongested with no fear or favour. The generation of no-nonsense is here already, smell the coffee and be ready for the eventuality, empty dumbass

1 Like

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by moradeke42109: 10:49am On Nov 28, 2022
Why are Obhidiots always angry anytime Lagos is making progress?Why are Obhidiots always angry anytime Lagos is making progress?...

3 Likes

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by thatgirl504(f): 10:50am On Nov 28, 2022
Moh247:

May God almighty destroy the lives of all the people bringing people's family to Nairaland Politics, may peace depart their life this day and forever more

Amen insha Allah
May the soul of Iya Muhammad rest in peace. Amin. Inshallah
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by lailo: 10:56am On Nov 28, 2022
sonature1:
LASG is trying. However, even if they like, they should build 100th mainland bridge. That cannot change the crazy holdup mess in Lagos.

Nigeria needs to be fully decentralised to make Lagos State liveable. The Federal Government has to make deliberate efforts to decentralise all industries.

Telecom companies should move their headquarters outside Lagos to other South West State (say Osun or Ondo)

Move oil companies' headquarters to the Niger Delta

Move movies and their financiers to the South East

Move bank headquarters to the north

All key industries should be spread across the six geopolitical zones to create jobs and help Nigerians mix.

This is how to plan a country. If you make the headquarters of everything in one state, you can only build a chaotic and unliveable state.

Unfortunately, we either don't have good strategists or our presidents are too scared to take these strategic steps because they fear the Yorubas will say it's an anti-Yoruba policy. This country is just too sick to be one.
High concentration of companies and headquarters in Lagos has nothing to do with FG or her policy. Remember for the first 16 years of this our new democracy, Lagos has been in the opposition. Rulling FG/PDP has tried it severally in their 16years rule to whittle down the power of Lagos but it has not been working. Babangida move capital away from Lagos decades ago, e no affect am. Jonathan moved all oil companies headquarters to ND, e no affect am. The secret is it's strategic location by the ocean, and relative peaceful atmosphere. Business and people will always rush peaceful environment. Yorubas are more accommodating..... Another nugget

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by Ttalk: 10:58am On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:

I think it is important to be clear what congestion means BY DEFINITION

The term is used all over the world in Mega Cities and in London there is even something called CONGESTION CHARGE to discourage use of cars
So are we talking transport congestion or Human population congestion?
The point is that Lagos State needs a Metro Network covering the main population hotspots. Work is going on in that regard but it does not seem to be a number one priority.
The Badagry Expressway is taking TOO long
If we have a clean ,safe and Secure metro link covering the mainland Lagos State will be fine.

Also Lagos State need to prioritize Ikeja and stop treating the Island as de facto state capital. If we have a good rail network from Ikeja to Abeokuta that will be a great boost

We are saying the same thing. Transportation congestion comes from population congestion, and population congestion here doesn't mean over bloated population but concentration of projects and development in a particular area. This leads to concentration of people to particular location at a particular time that always lead to congestion. All these goes down to creating a new urban and development plan for Lagos State.

If there are spreads of roads across other tripod route ( Ikorodu, Badagry and Sango route) since Island route is being taken care of, then congestion will reduce.

New assess roads will certainly lead to demolition, and urban upgrading and planning will force people who don't have business in Lagos to relocate.
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 11:04am On Nov 28, 2022
Ttalk:

We are saying the same thing. Transportation congestion comes from population congestion, and population congestion here doesn't mean over bloated population but concentration of projects and development and concentration of people in particular location at a time that leads to congestion. All these goes down to creating a new urban and development plan for Lagos State.

If there are spreads of roads across other tripod route ( Ikorodu, Badagry and Sango route) since Island route is being taken care of, then congestion will reduce.

New assess roads will certainly lead to demolition, and urban upgrading and planning will force people who don't have business in Lagos to relocate.

No we are not saying the same thing sir.
What is population congestion.
Definitions are very important

Without definitions we go around in circles
Definitions help us to agree what we are talking about
Transport congestion can happen anywhere regardless of population if infrastructure are inadequate or not well planned.

Benin is a very important transit city Many vehicles from outside Edo state transit the state daily adding to the burden on transport infrastructure and this is from TRANSIENTS who are not part of the Edo population

Like I said if we have a functional rail that is safe and secure there would be fewer vehicles on the road
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by Ttalk: 11:20am On Nov 28, 2022
omonnakoda:
No we are not saying the same thing sir.
What is population congestion.
Definitions are very important

Without definitions we go around in circles
Definitions help us to agree what we are talking about
Transport congestion can happen anywhere regardless of population if infrastructure are inadequate or not well planned.

Benin is a very important transit city Many vehicles from outside Edo state transit the state daily adding to the burden on transport infrastructure and this is from TRANSIENTS who are not part of the Edo population

Like I said if we have a functional rail that is safe and secure there would be fewer vehicles on the road

The first definition explains my point on congestion and solution to decongest.

When development is spread across the state, there would be less congestion as been presently seen.

The definition of congestion mean crowd or population in a small area.
While decongestion means expanding the small area to accommodate the large people. Since Lagos doesn't have congestion across the state at every point, then there is need to spread the development to ease concentration of large people in small area at every point in time to other parts that doesn't experience such congestion

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by omonnakoda: 11:26am On Nov 28, 2022
Ttalk:

The first definition explains my point on congestion and solution to decongest.

When development is spread across the state, there would be less congestion as been presently seen.

The definition of congestion mean crowd or population in a small area.
While decongestion means expanding the small area to accommodate the large people. Since Lagos doesn't have congestion across the state at every point, then there is need to spread the development to ease concentration of large people in small area at every point in time
It is better to start from A before getting to Z

First we have to agree what congestion means and that indeed there is congestion.before talking about what the solution will be
CROWD what does that mean
SMALL AREA what does that mean

Those things need definition otherwise it is beer parlour talk

I do not and cannot agree that there is CONGESTION without a definition of what that means

That way we can compare and Say Lagos is more congested than Kano or Aba or Onitsha
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by Freethinker87: 1:45pm On Nov 28, 2022
Every election circle we start hearing about 4th mainland bridge, lekki airport, blue line, red line etc. After election they forget about these lofty projects until the next election circle. It's been 22 years and yet nothing to show for.

We're taking back our Lagos from these hardened criminals.

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 28, 2022
iwaeda:

Another lie, Ambode did it, Sanwo-Olu first promise in 2018, campaign lies and after throw it to dustbins. grin grin grin grin grin

Tinubu conceived the idea. Obasanjo and PDP said it is impossible. Chief Oluseye Ogunlewe as Minister of Works said it is a white elephant project that cannot see the light of the day. He also criticized the Atlantic City project. Chief Anthony Anenih never gave a damn about Tinubu various historical projects seeing them as figment of Tinubu's imagination. Now Chief Ogunlewe is a Chieftain of APC and a living witness to the unfolding of those projects.

1 Like

Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by babajero(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2022
Lanrelagboi:
LAGOS STATE GOVERNMENT GIVES UPDATE ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE 4TH MAINLAND BRIDGE

https://lagostoday.com.ng/lagos-state-government-gives-update-on-the-construction-of-the-4th-mainland-bridge/
something that Ambode would have completed or almost completed by now, same thing with lekki epe expressway, all these was delayed because of the greed of one man.
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by tollyboy5(m): 10:52pm On Nov 28, 2022
EvangDrGeo:

Name five states that has more factories/industries/self made billionaires/low poverty level than Amambra in Nigeria
Lagos state and Ogun state. Are you a learner?
Re: LASG Gives Update On The Construction Of The Fourth Mainland Bridge by 1932too: 5:46am On Nov 29, 2022
Moh247:

May God almighty destroy the lives of all the people bringing people's family to Nairaland Politics, may peace depart their life this day and forever more

Amen insha Allah
is that why you raped your nephew and mother

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fresh Bomb Blast In Kano / PDP Govs Call For Sack Of Mu’azu, NWC Members / Felix Ibru Buried In Ughelli (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.