Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning (10397 Views)

Graphic Photos From The Boat Mishap In Lagos This Morning / See The Snake That Was Killed This Morning In My Area / My Conversation With A SA Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by jennifer74(f): 7:13pm On Aug 27, 2011
cheesy cheesy :DThanks for the laugh, I could really use one today.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by agentzakky(m): 7:18pm On Aug 27, 2011
i dont believe it. either the gal was messing with the poster or he fabricated the story.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by otokx(m): 7:27pm On Aug 27, 2011
Truth is bitter but that is the reality of the situation.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by switch47(m): 8:09pm On Aug 27, 2011
it is very easy to laugh at someone else's mistakes
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Paulsopulu(m): 8:36pm On Aug 27, 2011
cool ;d
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by allboyz(m): 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2011
na so
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Gbenge77(m): 10:01pm On Aug 27, 2011
She demonstrated her grammatical prowess right there.Lol
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by SuyaEater(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2011
hat site is this?
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by manny4life(m): 10:29pm On Aug 27, 2011
Me: Ohh that cool,  what's your Major?

Babe: I haven't start my major yet but when i finish my BSC i will do that,

Me: i mean what your discipline?

Babe:Our schoool is good but we're not that discipline.

Me:Ok, what's your course of study?

First off, I will give you my own reasons why this s not true.

He asked "what's your major" and she replied "I haven't start my major and ,  This has shown that she did not understand in what context the poster was asking irrespective of the fact that they (1) Major  isn't a Nigerian term (2) the burden of the conversation was on the OP not her and (3) there was nothing within the context that showed they were discussing the issue of school. I do not fault here ignorance in this; however, I believe, when there's dual virtual communication between two parties, and in this case, she should have asked "how do you mean by what's my major"

Second, poster goes on to say discipline. This is really ambiguous and somewhat flawed in the sense that the literal meaning of discipline is nothing but a "practice"  or systematic approach to train someone " on a unique set of rules. In this case, education wise, the girl isn't receiving nor following any unique form of principles as applied to it's core objectives.

Third, he proceeds to ask "what's your course of study"; this should have been the original question in the beginning, though he missed it, I will assume that engaging in a conversation was more free willy, a more likely open-ended question and conversation not a rhetoric, Anyway, I feel as though he made up the scene.

Besides, Linguistics Relations, perhaps, could be or not be a new course at the University; however it's not enough to just put her away immediately. If the Op was intelligent, he would have know what linguistics was; a social science, a scientific study of the human language, it meaning how it's formed and it's related context. So when she said Linguistics Relations, it's not something to laugh about because it takes guts to understand how language works and how it's formed.

Finally, I think OP either exaggerated or felt intimated and sought this means to calm down his ego. If he had asked an open-ended question like "tell me more about your school" OP wouldn't have gone through a great deal trying to relate with her. She would have covered all your questions and even more details for you much more than you would have asked her.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by BABE3: 10:39pm On Aug 27, 2011
Manny4life you too Gbam. You reminded me of me.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by msb247(m): 10:59pm On Aug 27, 2011
i guess u all believe that in every rumour, there's an element of truth. so give the poster a break with the 'fabrication' stuff! am not saying the said conversation is 100% true/false though it wont be a surprise if its true cos i know the extent to which our babes can go just to gain respect/recognition cry ; it wont be another surprise as well if all or part of it is false cos, damn! that shit is weird and funny! cheesy
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Connoisseur(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
^^^i believe this post achieved its objective and we all should take it for what it is; a joke.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by msb247(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2011
Manny4life you too Gbam. You reminded me of me.

BABE! its like you've done sth lyk that 2 a guy ryt? cheesy
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by msb247(m): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2011
well said connoiseur. a JOKE then. lol
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by ragdollz: 11:32pm On Aug 27, 2011
manny4life:

Me: Ohh that cool,  what's your Major? ([size=14pt]She thought he meant, what is your Masters grin/ What did you study for your Masters grin grin grin
[/size]

Babe: I haven't start my major yet but when i finish my BSC i will do that, [size=16pt](She's thinking, why this blockhead dey ask about Masters/Major, I'm just in 200L grin)[/size]

Me: i mean what your discipline? [size=18pt](She thought he meant, how disciplined/strict is your school ie about dress code, student conduct?)
[/size]

Babe:Our schoool is good but we're not that discipline. [size=22pt](She's thinking, who the heck is this guy, a headmaster, what's with these questions?!!)
[/size]
Me:Ok, what's your course of study? [size=28pt](She's thinking: I give up. This guy no ready tongue tongue tongue) angry angry angry angry[/size]

Chei if I was the girl me sef I for tire grin grin grin
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by folahann(m): 12:05am On Aug 28, 2011
Wow we learn new things everyday. I've just learnt that 'major' is not a Nigerian term. Never ever thought of that.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by gee2(m): 12:07am On Aug 28, 2011
make she resume with secondary school students for the new term precisely jss1 A.
òlòdò biggs girlz
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Cutedelly: 12:20am On Aug 28, 2011
plz iwant 2 know wen insourcing limited/firstbank wil cal on us.i did apitude test,interview,medical test on 2nd Aug.anybody wit infor plz help.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by unipol(m): 12:21am On Aug 28, 2011
manny4life:

Me: Ohh that cool,  what's your Major?

Babe: I haven't start my major yet but when i finish my BSC i will do that,

Me: i mean what your discipline?

Babe:Our schoool is good but we're not that discipline.

Me:Ok, what's your course of study?

First off, I will give you my own reasons why this s not true.

He asked "what's your major" and she replied "I haven't start my major and ,  This has shown that she did not understand in what context the poster was asking irrespective of the fact that they (1) Major  isn't a Nigerian term (2) the burden of the conversation was on the OP not her and (3) there was nothing within the context that showed they were discussing the issue of school. I do not fault here ignorance in this; however, I believe, when there's dual virtual communication between two parties, and in this case, she should have asked "how do you mean by what's my major"

Second, poster goes on to say discipline. This is really ambiguous and somewhat flawed in the sense that the literal meaning of discipline is nothing but a "practice"  or systematic approach to train someone " on a unique set of rules. In this case, education wise, the girl isn't receiving nor following any unique form of principles as applied to it's core objectives.

Third, he proceeds to ask "what's your course of study"; this should have been the original question in the beginning, though he missed it, I will assume that engaging in a conversation was more free willy, a more likely open-ended question and conversation not a rhetoric, Anyway, I feel as though he made up the scene.

Besides, Linguistics Relations, perhaps, could be or not be a new course at the University; however it's not enough to just put her away immediately. If the Op was intelligent, he would have know what linguistics was; a social science, a scientific study of the human language, it meaning how it's formed and it's related context. So when she said Linguistics Relations, it's not something to laugh about because it takes guts to understand how language works and how it's formed.

Finally, I think OP either exaggerated or felt intimated and sought this means to calm down his ego. If he had asked an open-ended question like "tell me more about your school" OP wouldn't have gone through a great deal trying to relate with her. She would have covered all your questions and even more details for you much more than you would have asked her.

your second name should be intelligence.  you are just too knowledgeable.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by poweredcom(m): 12:45am On Aug 28, 2011
Nigeria is finished , both fool that not needed to be in the university are there to just past time and disturb those who want to read no wonder they are selling them selves to big sugar daddys, cos they have no brain and not willing to learn and see life in different perspective, Girls are too limitative i even have many stories to tell about them also
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Nymphnode(m): 1:01am On Aug 28, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

At least she did not say Islamic Engineering
With a course like that she might end up majoring in penis amputation
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Nobody: 4:37am On Aug 28, 2011
Thats the state of moribund our educational system has gotten to. Really funny.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Anvaller: 9:34am On Aug 28, 2011
I see too many posts on NL these days that are nothing but mere phantom instances. The fact that I observed that it was not real is already a put off and the fact that many are taking him seriously is another surprise. The post should have just been labelled a joke and it would be fine. Even you who is trying to make a joke out of bad comprehension of English also need to improve on writing simple correct sentences.

This is fake, I am out.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by doublekay: 11:28am On Aug 28, 2011
@ moderators y not move this to d joke section.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Kenyy: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2011
folahann:

Wow we learn new things everyday. I've just learnt that 'major' is not a Nigerian term. Never ever thought of that.
If "'major' is not a Nigerian term", how about 'ACCOUNTING'? I want to believe you are joking.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by keba(m): 5:35pm On Aug 28, 2011
LINGUISTICS WHATTTTT
Girls will never change, see how she don lie disgrace herself for net,
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by volasunkan: 10:34pm On Aug 28, 2011
[b]all those who failed to maake UNILAG and those with serious beef for the skl would do anything to make this kind of silly 'joke'.For all I care,no serious Akokite will find this joke funny!
Imagine this kind of thing on the internet for the whole world to read!It is the height of mischief and some of us will set the records straight.
For the records,
this is the school with the highest admission application and most competitive enrolment in the whole of west Africa!99,871 yearly applicants for 6000 slots,at the end of the day,when the 91000 plus fail being admitted, would start running down the schoo while they wish they could be part of prestigious UNILAGl!

The only school which insists on 6 credits at one sitting even when other schools and jamb accepts 5 credits at two sittings!

The only school strong enough despite the unparallel Lagos social pressure on scholarship(no other school can withstand)yet kept itself,as proven over the years,to remain the university of first choice.

THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL GOOD ENOUGHTO PRODUCE THE PRO-CHANCELLOR OF UI (Wole Olanipekun)AND CHAIRMAN OF UCH(Dr Sunny Kuku)!

NO AMOUNT OF BEEF CAN ERASE THIS,PEOPLE SHOULD STUDY HARD IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST MAKE UNILAG MERIT LEAST AND BE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW SCHOLARSHIP IS UNILAG![/b]
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by poweredcom(m): 12:51am On Aug 29, 2011
all those who failed to maake UNILAG and those with serious beef for the skl would do anything to make this kind of silly 'joke'.For all I care,no serious Akokite will find this joke funny!
Imagine this kind of thing on the internet for the whole world to read!It is the height of mischief and some of us will set the records straight.
For the records,
this is the school with the highest admission application and most competitive enrolment in the whole of west Africa!99,871 yearly applicants for 6000 slots,at the end of the day,when the 91000 plus fail being admitted, would start running down the schoo while they wish they could be part of prestigious UNILAGl!

The only school which insists on 6 credits at one sitting even when other schools and jamb accepts 5 credits at two sittings!

The only school strong enough despite the unparallel Lagos social pressure on scholarship(no other school can withstand)yet kept itself,as proven over the years,to remain the university of first choice.

THIS IS THE ONLY SCHOOL GOOD ENOUGHTO PRODUCE THE PRO-CHANCELLOR OF UI (Wole Olanipekun)AND CHAIRMAN OF UCH(Dr Sunny Kuku)!

NO AMOUNT OF BEEF CAN ERASE THIS,PEOPLE SHOULD STUDY HARD IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST MAKE UNILAG MERIT LEAST AND BE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW SCHOLARSHIP IS UNILAG!

Shut the heck up, what do you mean Nobody is insulting unilag here , the poster was just trying to access how a university girl was lost in his conversation with her, and it surely haappens, every where in Nigeria, abi you wan tell em say for unilag people no pay for runs take enter the school for post jamb, hisss.
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by semid4lyfe(m): 1:34am On Aug 29, 2011
volasunkan:
all those who failed to maake UNILAG and those with serious beef for the skl would do anything to make this kind of silly 'joke'.For all I care,no serious Akokite will find this joke funny!
For the records,
this is the school with the highest admission application and most competitive enrolment in the whole of west Africa!99,871 yearly applicants for 6000 slots,at the end of the day,when the 91000 plus fail being admitted, would start running down the school while they wish they could be part of prestigious UNILAGl!

NO AMOUNT OF BEEF CAN ERASE THIS,PEOPLE SHOULD STUDY HARD IF YOU WANT TO AT LEAST MAKE UNILAG MERIT LEAST AND BE SMART ENOUGH TO KNOW SCHOLARSHIP IS UNILAG!

Tell them bro. . . .

poweredcom:
Shut the heck up, what do you mean, Nobody is insulting unilag here , the poster was just trying to access how a  university girl was lost in his conversation with her,  and it surely haappens, every where in Nigeria, abi you wan tell em say for unilag people no pay for runs take enter the school for post jamb, hisss.

This story is obviously fabricated but why did the OP have to use Unilag of all the schools in Naija? undecided

Unilag still remains the University of First Choice. . . .haters & beefers know what to do grin
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by hollababy: 1:31pm On Aug 29, 2011
well then being a babe is kisscool
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by oferefe(f): 4:28pm On Aug 29, 2011
nawa o,see the nigerians of 2 moro sad
Re: My Conversation With Unilag Babe This Morning by Cipriani(m): 8:28pm On Aug 29, 2011
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

Am so confused to understand if the OP was actually trying to crack a joke or was for real. undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Trailer Accident At Upper Iweka, Onitsha, Anambra State? / Do You Count How Many Sachet Are In A Bag Of Pure Water After Buying It / Directions To N.s.t.a's Lagos Garage..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.