Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,631 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:55 PM

Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH - Politics (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH (147982 Views)

Buhari Rumoured To Have Met Jonathan’s Loyalists In Paris - PMNewsnigeria.com / 23 LG Chairmen Follow Wamakko To APC •why We Met Jonathan In Aso Rock -G5 Govern / The Night Buhari Met Jonathan Face-to-face (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (84) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:22am On May 28, 2017
WilWily:

Respect for those Fraudulent Yoruba animals in human skin Elders? just give them small money for food, they will tell you how Stupid Awolowo was.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:23am On May 28, 2017
htajz:
stuuuuupid yorubas , after collecting 50 kobo before election to be marginalised they want to come back. anyway GEJ should have given them wh\t they really came for(money) so they can shut up, these yorubas hate themselves soo much even more then they hate other groups, imagine after 8 years of obasanjo yoruba land is competing with the north for position of the most backward region in nigeria .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:24am On May 28, 2017
OkparaIgbo:

Ermmm little wonder we are crying for marginalization right . Hang on oops which tribe dont have any say in the top 5 seats of power in Nigeria Definately not the Igbos undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided Ooops i think its the Yorubas grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
You cornily give little and you get nothing angry angry angry angry Yorubas are you learning kiss kiss kiss kiss cry cry cry cry

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:25am On May 28, 2017
chino11:
yorooba marginalization and continued pauparisation is a welcome development to Nigerians, ofcos Nigeria will be a better place minus yoroobas

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:26am On May 28, 2017
chino11:

Ofcos GEJ used the Aso Rock police detachment to throw useless yooroba leaders out

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:26am On May 28, 2017
igboboy1:
ewo the ekiti mad frog is here shocked shocked

too much oil soup has infected her brain like those of her leaders, too much mmanu in soup no good o shocked
Arysexy:
where are the yorigba chest beaters that were chunning out all kinds of grammar like '' we are sophisticated'' after election? useless tiger-whisker-Yoruba-hypocrite-beggars.

Its abomination to be a yorigba, bunch of cowards!
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IsaacChukwuemek: 6:27am On May 28, 2017
chino11:

Its quite sacrilegious to be yarooba. Calling someone Yoruba could be synonymous with de-humanization
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by SuperS1Panther: 7:01am On May 28, 2017
Can you see the statements from those Osu villagers?

They are just hate personified. They should always thank Gowon for not lining them up into the Gas Chamber after they were resoundingly defeated and taken as war slaves.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Nobody: 7:39am On May 28, 2017
If this igbos had any sense and shame they would stay away from this thread that has exposed their hypocrisy, hatred,lies and self-centeredness.But i see some are still here running their mouths like a loose tap.I repeat i wont be shocked if some of the pretenders claiming not to be in support of d initial aim of this thread actually have alternate moniker(s) that were at the front line in insulting yorubas when this thread started.Am not a fan of buhari or his government but it is evident that the present agitations for biafra are because power has changed hands.

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by wirinet(m): 7:41am On May 28, 2017
Afam4eva:

I coud have deleted that comment years ago when people started bugging but i chose not to because i want things to take it's course.

That statement was made just around the time that APC, south west chose a PDP house of reps member as opposed an APC one, so i made that statement with that in mind.

Now, on the issue of marginalization, i agree that everyone if marginalized but to what extent are the different groups marginalized? I quite agree that Igbos felt some sense of belonging under Jonathan but they were not given undue advantage over other groups like some people will have us believe. I've asked people to prove that Jonathan favoured Igbos over other majority group and they usually go numb. The only problem people who preferred the status quo had with Jonathan is that he was weakening their overwhelming dominance to accommodate other groups who had been marginalized for so long.

Anyways, i'm creating topic on it.

Afam, you are a very dishonest person. Please re-read your post below

This people are funny u know. Just i thought this people want to eat there cake and have it again

They all voted for ACN thus they want regional government ie fedralism

yet they still want the advantages of being in the mainstream politics

abeg make them go sit down angry

when it is time they should go meet tinubu there master
Then try and reconcile it with your explanation up there, it just does not make sense.
You agree that everybody is marginalized, but somehow you have a the right to determine the extent to which everybody feels marginalized. According to your marginalization meter, the extent Yoruba's felt marginalized under Jonathan was not enough to warrant attention.

You then told the lie that Yorubas voted ACN, and so do not have the right to cry marginalization and should be denied the advantages of being in mainstream politics - aka political appointments. Well for your information all Yoruba's States voted Jonathan with the exception of Ekiti, even at that Ekiti gave Jonathan the required 25%. Now what would you have said if all the Yoruba States gave Jonathan less than 5% as done by you guys to Buhari in 2015.

What concerns whoever the house elects as speaker with cries of marginalization? Why are you guys then crying marginalization today even though Ekweremadu is deputy Senate President?

I doubt people will ever take you serious again after reading your clear hypocrisy above

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by deedeedee1: 8:10am On May 28, 2017
Henryyy:
If this igbos had any sense and shame they would stay away from this thread that has exposed their hypocrisy, hatred,lies and self-centeredness.But i see some are still here running their mouths like a loose tap.I repeat i wont be shocked if some of the pretenders claiming not to be in support of d initial aim of this thread actually have alternate moniker(s) that were at the front line in insulting yorubas when this thread started.Am not a fan of buhari or his government but it is evident that the present agitations for biafra are because power has changed hands.
Which is why the country itself should split.

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by wirinet(m): 8:22am On May 28, 2017
deedeedee1:

Which is why the country itself should split.
So the country should split just because someone you hate became president? Why did you not call for a split 6 or eve 3 years ago?
If you search through nairalands threads and posts, you will hardly find the word Biafra 4 years ago. Biafra only became a permanent key word on nairaland and indeed Nigeria's political landscape after Buhari won the elections

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Cypmeni(m): 8:29am On May 28, 2017
shukuokukobambi:

Like you refused to vote buhari, prevented Ngige from even getting to the Senate and emerging Senate President only to turn round and start screaming marginalization plus genocide abi no be so?

So you see, we only reversed roles with you but there's a difference: unlike you, not only did we vote for GEJ, we had also fought tenaciously for his emergence as acting president and OBJ, a Yoruba man single handedly gave him the presidential ticket of PDP

Poor reply and obviously moronic thought process.
There were already Igbo APC members in house of assembly,did APC ever try to make them speakers and Ndiigbo scuttled the plans? You Yorubas couldn't cede the speaker slot to Igbo APC members, but we are to believe you would have ceded the bigger Senate presidency position to Ndiigbo, if we had an APC senator? After we saw how Tinubu and gang nearly died because of Saraki emergence and Ekweremadu deputizing for him.
You see how rationality failed you?
Have you ever tried giving the APC members of Igbo extraction more substantial appointment and Ndigbo declined?

A certain Akunyili played more in GEJ emergence from Yaradua kitchen cabinet shadows than the entire Yoruba race ever did, so you can cut the crap about installing GEJ.
When it suits your narratives, OBJ becomes a Yoruba man working for Yoruba interest, when it doesn't, he becomes a Northern stooge that Yorubas rejected in 1999 and that Ndiigbo helped impose on you lots.
Perhaps, tomorrow, story would be told of how Yoruba race and interest were at the forefront of the fight against Buhari sectarian government, as represented by FFK and Fayose, of course, they both would be elevated to the position of voice of Yoruba race.

Unstable lot.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by deedeedee1: 8:31am On May 28, 2017
wirinet:

So the country should split just because someone you hate became president? Why did you not call for a split 6 or eve 3 years ago?
If you search through nairalands threads and posts, you will hardly find the word Biafra 4 years ago. Biafra only became a permanent key word on nairaland and indeed Nigeria's political landscape after Buhari won the elections
See Mr, i am a yoruba man. Why do some people believe if you support the disintegration of this country, then you automatically become igbo? I am from ilesha and i believe that all these ethnic superiority will not benefit us. If yoruba had a separate country, we will be assured that the people to rule will be yoruba and there will be nothing like ethnic sentiment(which will be peaceful). In nigeria, the hausas, yoruba, and igbos are all fighting to rule the country, tell me, what have we gained from all these?

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by IkedisEbube: 9:20am On May 28, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

Very soon u will say Lagos not even the capital

Gosh una lies disguise me

Illiterate.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Zeinymira(f): 9:34am On May 28, 2017
Seun, front-page please. My uncle has to see this. He only read the front-page and he's a guest.

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by EvilMetahuman: 9:40am On May 28, 2017
aribisala0:
That was your humble servant Be assured our memories are even longer than the Fulani's
good one bro.
I will keep referring any flat head who shouts marginalisation to this thread
Very hateful people.

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Thastie(f): 9:44am On May 28, 2017
Afam4eva should just find one corner and cry himself to stupor sad sad seriously. He's a shameless dolt There's this Yoruba words that says" epo mi, ata mi, a bi yin". You lots are here in Yoruba land, became successful, yet you despise your host

Henryy

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Thastie(f): 9:46am On May 28, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

IS it not exactly what ur people are doing now

Sweetheart, just find a hole and crawl inside and die grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Thastie(f): 9:47am On May 28, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

bitterness is what is killing u

Exactly what will lead to your slow death grin

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by wirinet(m): 9:51am On May 28, 2017
deedeedee1:

See Mr, i am a yoruba man. Why do some people believe if you support the disintegration of this country, then you automatically become igbo? I am from ilesha and i believe that all these ethnic superiority will not benefit us. If yoruba had a separate country, we will be assured that the people to rule will be yoruba and there will be nothing like ethnic sentiment(which will be peaceful). In nigeria, the hausas, yoruba, and igbos are all fighting to rule the country, tell me, what have we gained from all these?

I doubt Yoruba's having a separate country would eliminate ethnic sentiments and therefore lead to a peaceful country. There are lots of intertribal political conflicts within the Yoruba's, it has remained mainly unnoticed because it has been eclipsed by a bigger interethnic and interregional conflicts. Once the bigger inter ethnic rivalries disappear, the local rivalries would escalate.
In Ogun state there is fierce political rivalry between the Ijebus and Egbas. In Yoruba land generally, the Oyo axis is perceived to be too domineering. Even the Royal fathers are not left our of the unhealthy rivalries.
Remember during the first republic when the regions were semi autonomous, the SW was the most unstable.
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by Thastie(f): 9:51am On May 28, 2017
IgboAmakaa:

bitterness will kill u ABAkukus

Honey, it will send you to your grave first grin by the power of chukwu okwu bambiala

16 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by EvilMetahuman: 10:09am On May 28, 2017
raumdeuter:

By brother you remember when I started bursting the Ibos and exposing their hatred some Yorubas claining sophistication even attacked us. After I listened to Aare Ladoke Akintolas speech in 1964 and compared it to the Ibo mentality of now

That was when I knew Yorubas are not aware they were living with snakes
lol

Why did you ever stop anyway?
Once a soldier should always be a soldier.

Dayokanu, desola, ileke idi, shymex, I think used to give these hateful people really tough time then.
And those are the ones who are a bit intelligent and ready to debate not these set of clowns who filled nairaland now. They only know how to shout oduo afonja cheesy

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by EvilMetahuman: 10:34am On May 28, 2017
SuperS1Panther:

DK, you were the one that called our attention to the hateful comments, born out of their indoctrination of the years by their hateful parents.

Initially I thought you were paranoid, until the obvious was undeniable again.

This is one of the hate-laden threads.
exactly.

He opened my eyes to be honestly.
I used to believe all the lies these hateful flat heads spread online until I joined nairaland and read comments from him and the likes.
I like desola too.

One of the reasons I really don't debate him much on this forum. He is one of the few people I respect on this forum.

His depth and stuff.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 10:36am On May 28, 2017
wirinet:

I doubt Yoruba's having a separate country would eliminate ethnic sentiments and therefore lead to a peaceful country. There are lots of intertribal political conflicts within the Yoruba's, it has remained mainly unnoticed because it has been eclipsed by a bigger interethnic and interregional conflicts. Once the bigger inter ethnic rivalries disappear, the local rivalries would escalate.
In Ogun state there is fierce political rivalry between the Ijebus and Egbas. In Yoruba land generally, the Oyo axis is perceived to be too domineering. Even the Royal fathers are not left our of the unhealthy rivalries.
Remember during the first republic when the regions were semi autonomous, the SW was the most unstable.
Prior to the 1960 independence, the golden days in the history of the Western region was the period when the region attained self governing status till the eve of independence. Awolowo was the premier during this period, and the region was the most peaceful and developed

The Awolowo and Akintola feud which led to operation wetie in the western region could be traced to the existence of ''one Nigeria.'' If the Yoruba nation hadn't be part of an independent Nigeria, Awolowo would not have been the opposition leader in the federal parliament; The NPC/NCNC led coalition government would not have attempted to capture the west by hook or crook; some elements within the A.G would not have tried to usurp Awo's powers in the region.

I agree with you about the rivalry that exist among the subgroups within the Yoruba nation, but such rivalries are not as pronounced as it was in the days of yore. The Yoruba's are not ready to fight any Kiriji war among themself again. Moreso, federalism and devolution of powers in its truest form would be practised in a separate Yoruba country.

18 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by joeyfire(m): 10:52am On May 28, 2017
raumdeuter:
Below is Akintolas speech that made Ibo soldiers target him for elimination

Now every Yorubaman should think about this and compare to whats going on today

==================

In the first part after the greetings he said that many of our Yoruba people compare our country to USA and UK claiming since it was done in those countries it should be done same way in Nigeria. and the Ibo Alakuko have been using their Newspapers to promote their agenda and Yorubas trying to act sophisticated dont trust their parents again rather they believe Nigeria should be like US and UK, Nigeria is not like US and UK

He said one of the Ibo leaders claimed he believed Ibos are special breed of people who are designed to Lord over other Nigerians.

Count how many Yorubas are in Eastern parts heading parastatals? Now compare that to Ibos heading such stuffs in North and the West. Why do they want to Lord it over all.

He said in Ibadan, Arabs and Lebanese were sent away from trading yet the NCNC made sure it was Ibos that took over the whole markets in Ibadan, that our wives in Ibadan cant even get stalls to trade.

All Nigerians ambasadors to London, Paris, Moscow, New York are all Ibos through their alliance with the Hausas.

This election is for the future of your children, This is not about Akintola or Awolowo this is about the future of your children.

Recently Michael Okpara came out to list the achievement of Federal Govt in the Eastern region. He listed the Cement company in Nkalagu, the Coal in Enugu where thousands of their children are getting jobs while our own qualified children cant get jobs

The 2 VC of the University in Lagos and UI are both Ibos. Are they saying of all the educated people in Abeokuta for more than 100yrs none is educated enough to head?

In UI they employed 112 staffs and 108 were from Iboland, 3 from Yorubaland

You might ask why is the top position important its because due to their nature, the first in command is Ibo, he would ensure second in command, third in command till fifteenth in command is his tribesman till all the commands are finished

Akintola told some despicable lies here and twisted the truth to whip up anti-igbo sentiment to impress the north and service his ambition to upstage Awolowo

Secondly Akintola was targeted by the coup plotters because he was part of the government and let's not forget the instigator of the western region crisis highlighted by massive election rigging and anarchy which claimed thousands of Yoruba lives. Not because of this degenerate hate speech you reproduced here.

It's your prerogative to swim in your hatred and prejudice but historical lies must be busted. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by FFKfuckedBIANCA: 11:09am On May 28, 2017
joeyfire:

Akintola told some despicable lies here and twisted the truth to whip up anti-igbo sentiment to impress the north and service his ambition to upstage Awolowo

Secondly Akintola was targeted by the coup plotters because he was part of the government and let's not forget the instigator of the western region crisis highlighted by massive election rigging and anarchy which claimed thousands of Yoruba lives. Not because of this degenerate hate speech you reproduced here.

It's your prerogative to swim in your hatred and prejudice but historical lies must be busted. cool
Why dont you point out the lies specifically. Is it a lie that Eni Njoku and Kennth Dike, two ibo men, were VC's of University of Lagos and University of Ibadan while better and qualified Yoruba's were denied those positions in their own land.

If you say the ibo coupist killed Akintola because he was part of the government, why did they not kill ibo politicians who were also part of the same government? Why was Azikiwe spared? What of Kingsley Mbadiwe, Micheal Okapara and other ibos, why did the ibo coupist not kill them also?

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by omohayek: 11:24am On May 28, 2017
wirinet:

This analysis is too simplistic, and some aspects are simply outright wrong. In addition, it ignores historical precedent from elsewhere around the world.

To begin with, it simply isn't true that there is "fierce political rivalry between the Ijebus and Egbas"; there may be such rivalry between some individual politicians, but that's not the same as saying that ordinary Ijebus and Egbas view themselves in the same way, and my own personal first-hand experience is that the only places one sees any traces of such supposed "rivalry" is on the pages of a few newspapers. Egba and Ijebu people have been socializing and intermarrying for so long that even Awolowo himself was the product of such a union.

As for the notion that anyone perceives an "Oyo axis", let alone one that is "too domineering", I've never seen the slightest hint of anything of the sort anywhere. The 1960s era of Akintola/Fani-Kayode are now 50 years in the past, with few Yoruba people alive today having any first-hand knowledge of such strife. What strife there has been in Oyo has been within the state itself, particularly between the Adedibu political machine and its rivals, and this had no regionalist coloration.

The royal fathers issue you raise is the most misleading, as it presumes that Yoruba people give more real deference to such title-holders than is actually the case. Just because people show outward respect to the holder of a title doesn't mean that they hold any such reverence for the individual rather than the position, and it certainly doesn't mean they intend to take political advice from any such title holders: if the Alake and the Awujale decide to start up yet another silly squabble over precedence, or the Alaafin tries to dispute seniority with the Ooni, most Yoruba people I know will feel irritation and embarrassment at the title-holders for dragging their institutions into disrepute, rather than any sense of obligation to take seriously whatever nonsense they might spout, and the same holds for elite Yoruba politicians. Obasanjo's respect for the Awujale didn't force him to swallow the latter's demands, while Tinubu could show respect for the Oba of Lagos even after forcefully rejecting his "lagoon" comments.

Finally, a point worth stressing whenever people bring up historical strife within a people as evidence for future discord is that history does not support the notion of the past as a reliable guide in such matters. England had its Wars of the Roses, but united successfully afterwards, and Germans were never united under a single political leadership before 1871, Germany going to war with Austria as late as 1866, but that didn't make pan-German consciousness any less real or effective afterwards (with well-known consequences for the rest of Europe between 1939 and 1945). Similarly, that the Japanese had spent several hundred years in civil wars against each other didn't prevent them from being firmly united under Tokugawa rule. Even after the Tokugawa were overthrown, there were still sectional tensions between Satsuma, Choshu and other Japanese clans, but their success in overcoming such issues was soon evident enough to the world. South Korea is still plagued with regionalism till today, and yet the country is a success by any reasonable measure.

http://www.geocurrents.info/geopolitics/elections/intense-regionalism-in-the-south-korean-presidential-election-of-2012

Heck, even the United States was nowhere nearly as "united" at the very beginning, when the settlers viewed their various states as their true "countries", and insisted on a confederation so weak as to prove dysfunctional, and only at that point did they select representatives to draw up a truly federal constitution for a central government with real power.

In short, it's not at all clear that Nigeria's constituent parts are doomed to become unstable, conflict-ridden states, whatever their histories of strife in the past. Successful nations have been forged from squabbling groups many, many times in recorded history, with the key question being whether there is some basis for a feeling of unity in shared culture and language, or at least in political ideals; none of these exist for Nigeria as a whole, but they clearly do exist for at least certain regions of the country, including both the SW and the SE. Where that leaves the minority groups is another question, and from their viewpoint I can see why a Nigerian breakup might be quite undesirable.

12 Likes

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by joeyfire(m): 11:25am On May 28, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:
Why dont you point out the lies specifically. Is it a lie that Eni Njoku and Kennth Dike, two ibo men, were VC's of University of Lagos and University of Ibadan while better and qualified Yoruba's were denied those positions in their own land.

If youy say the ib coupist killed Akintola because he was part of the government, why did they not kill ibo politician who were also part of the government? Why was Azikiwe spared? What of Kingsley Mbadiwe, Micheal Okapara and other ibos, why did the ibo coupist not kill them also?

I honestly can't say WHY those two Igbo men were appointed VC of UI and Unilag but I can ask WHY NOT? A fulani man was Mayor of Enugu at that same time as we all know. A Yoruba man was also chief accountant in Enugu at the time and of course there were qualified Igbo accountants for the job. Unless you can help me with facts as to the better qualified Yoruba sons who were intentionally left out I really can't answer that. I believe that Nigeria then was a very different load from the divided mess of today. I believe politicians like Akintola divided this country and prompted questions like what you have asked.

As for why the coupists (who were not all Igbo by the way) didn't kill Zik and Okpara, let us not forget that Zik was not in the country when the coup hit and Okpara didn't shoot at them, he was hosting the President of Cyprus when they came for him. You will be incorrect to allude to the fact that the coup plotters aimed to take out every single person in government. Not so. Read "Why we struck" by Ademoyega (one of the coupists) and you will get a clearer picture
Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by shukuokukobambi: 11:32am On May 28, 2017
Cypmeni:

Poor reply and obviously moronic thought process.
There were already Igbo APC members in house of assembly,did APC ever try to make them speakers and Ndiigbo scuttled the plans? You Yorubas couldn't cede the speaker slot to Igbo APC members, but we are to believe you would have ceded the bigger Senate presidency position to Ndiigbo, if we had an APC senator? After we saw how Tinubu and gang nearly died because of Saraki emergence and Ekweremadu deputizing for him.
You see how rationality failed you?
Have you ever tried giving the APC members of Igbo extraction more substantial appointment and Ndigbo declined?

Are you really dumb or making a serious effort today? We are talking Senate you're talking house of reps? Were there no Yoruba ACN senators in the senate then? Why didn't you crybabies work for the emergence of one of them?

in fact, why are you still crying marginalization with Ekwerremmadu as deputy Senate president? Is this dumbness or just pure hate?

The irony is even that a Yoruba man called Saraki was instrumental to the emergence of Ekwerremmadu. Shouldn't you say thank you for that magnanimity? cheesy cheesy

Yoruba gave azikiwe a break in politics. Yoruba gave GEJ the presidency. Yoruba gave Ekwerremmadu the deputy senate presidency. Your well being is in our hands as you can see cheesy

A certain Akunyili played more in GEJ emergence from Yaradua kitchen cabinet shadows than the entire Yoruba race ever did, so you can cut the crap about installing GEJ.
When it suits your narratives, OBJ becomes a Yoruba man working for Yoruba interest, when it doesn't, he becomes a Northern stooge that Yorubas rejected in 1999 and that Ndiigbo helped impose on you lots.
Perhaps, tomorrow, story would be told of how Yoruba race and interest were at the forefront of the fight against Buhari sectarian government, as represented by FFK and Fayose, of course, they both would be elevated to the position of voice of Yoruba race.

Unstable lot.

Of course its your style to belittle the help you receive in your time of need. Or have you said thanks for the properties you collected back in 1970 even when your ikwerre cousins and ijaw masters were singing abandoned properties all over Niger Delta?

The eternal chest beaters and ultimatum givers. If OBJ being Yoruba rubs you the wrong way, take a trip to the lagoon. So I should disown OBJ to please you? Have you disowned azikiwe for eating amala and ewedu with me in Lagos, speaking for one Nigeria while your ancestors were being wasted in 1967? When I see olorunsogo 1&2 power plants, I know OBJ isn't a bastard. When I see papalanto 1&2 power plants, I know OBJ is a son of his father cheesy cheesy

Even the akunyili would have remained unknown if not for OBJ, Yoruba again cheesy

Greedy hateful bitter lots!! cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Marginalization: Elders Met Jonathan To Complain - SMH by shukuokukobambi: 11:45am On May 28, 2017
FFKfuckedBIANCA:

If you say the ibo coupist killed Akintola because he was part of the same government, why did they not kill ibo politicians who were also part of the government? Why was Azikiwe spared? What of Kingsley Mbadiwe, Micheal Okapara and other ibos, why did the ibo coupist not kill them also?

cheesy cheesy

It must be because they repented of government criminality just as the coupists were about shooting them and shuku okuko alasete accepted their repentance.

The sense and wisdom of a powder seller cheesy cheesy

13 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (84) (Reply)

Election Results With Pictures / New Pictures Of Sanusi At His Lagos Residence / More Pictures From PDP Southwest Mega Rally in Osun State

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.