Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,776 members, 7,820,716 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House (52783 Views)

Don't Let Your Daughter Be Too Close To Their Pastor- Journalist Advises Mothers / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around / Sad-Looking Bride Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Husband, Now Looks Happy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by localbreed(m): 6:59am On Dec 01, 2022
I dont agree with you. If I have the capacity and the privilege, I will always accomodate.

10 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nazgul: 7:49am On Dec 01, 2022
It depends, if you must accommodate anyone temporarily, make sure he's gainfully employed...maybe he had accommodation issues, and needed somewhere to stay pending when he'll sort himself out. If that's the case I'd say open your doors to him, cos he won't be a parasite to you and would even assist in sorting out general bills.

But if he has nothing doing, say like he relocated to your state for greener pastures, or just came up with some flimsy excuse to put up with you temporarily, my brother respectfully decline his request cos from experience, most jobless guys are chronic womanizers, they're home all day so they have all the time in the world to ask every single girl in the neighborhood out.

Your house would most likely be converted into brothel. And every single drink in your fridge along with other provisions would be consumed without mercy by him and his numerous female visitors.

He'll borrow little sums of money like 1-2k almost on a daily basis from you under the guise of going for interview and wouldn't pay back until you get fed up and stop giving him, he'll put on your clothes and shoes to go on dates without your permission, monies and other valuables would keep missing in your house and he'll deny ever seeing them, he'll collect provisions on credit from literally every shop in the neighborhood using your name as collateral. He'll be a thorn in your flesh and you'll keep quarrelling each day until you wouldn't be able to take it anymore and ask him to leave...my experience wasn't a funny one. That's why I've vowed never to engage in such unnecessary charity anymore

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by FalseProphet1(m): 9:39am On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:
No matter how sad their story is, don't let anybody move into your house
Nigerians are opportunist. Know this and know peace.

This I have seen.

3 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nobody: 12:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:
You are not entirely correct.
A JESUS may also be at that same door knocking, you can only dine with him when you open the door. That Armed robbers robbed you doesn't
you should stop helping people.
Just be careful that's all.
Remember people have let their messiahs in.

A Local Food Vendor protected my wife at Waterlines junction in Port Harcourt at night. My wife had to pass the night in their thatch house.
Few years later my wife relocated to the US on permanent basis with high quality visa.
She fixed herself up and we visited Nigeria in 2018. Could you believe she remembered that woman and we flew into Port Harcourt and headed to Waterlines and we were informed she had left that place because she couldn't meet up with the rent. We traced her to OIL MILL with someone offering help.

When we met her, she never recognised her. But my wife did. RIGHT there 80% of her life problems were solved. Kids went back to school, she got a befitting shop filled with goods.
In fact, she became the talk of OIL mill area.

Today, we video chat her like a parent.
Unrestricted access to us.
Be careful in Life!

96 Likes 17 Shares

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by onuman: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:
Once they move in, moving them out is headache.

6 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by funshow21: 1:05pm On Dec 01, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I dey feel you

He be like say your eye don see shege

I miss seeing the satire "damn nig"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Panasonic101: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pells1:
me permettrez-vous plus de votre maison Ă  l'Ă©tranger? Sweetvie

I don’t understand but you’re right

6 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nobody: 1:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Everybody will start showing how they accommodated someone and they messed up.

But some of you were accommodated and you did worse

38 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by onuman: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

A JESUS may also be at that same door knocking, you can only dine with him when you open the door. That Armed robbers robbed you doesn't
Ewan you should stop helping people.

Remember people have let their messiahs in

When Jesus knocks on my door, I will know and open to him.
Others are troubleshooting people.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Johel(m): 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
SETHARTHUR:
You will need accommodation help someday and everyone will tell you this.

Not everyone will need accommodation help someday tho.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by DryMouth: 1:07pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:
You guys saying things like this have not seen anything in this life.

11 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by OyinO: 1:08pm On Dec 01, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:
Hehehe
That's how my mum accomodated her co worker's daughter when she was home alone.
I came back from school during holiday and this girl started dragging DSTV remote with me, a whole me, olori oko bam bam. I nearly press her neck that day, thank God for self control

Damn... nasty... I'm out of here

because of common remote, you wan show say na you get house. You may meet that girl in a whole different level tomorrow. Even tomorrow no know tomorrow.

21 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by IrepChrist: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:

Stop this ..... your story and experience is only unique to you

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Johnn78: 1:09pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nazgul:
It depends, if you must accommodate anyone temporarily, make sure he's gainfully employed...maybe he had accommodation issues, and needed somewhere to stay pending when he'll sort himself out. If that's the case I'd say open your doors to him, cos he won't be a parasite to you and would even assist in sorting out general bills.

But if he has nothing doing, say like he relocated to your state for greener pastures, or just came up with some flimsy excuse to put up with you temporarily, my brother respectfully decline his request cos from experience, most jobless guys are chronic womanizers, they're home all day so they have all the time in the world to ask every single girl in the neighborhood out.

Your house would most likely be converted into brothel. And every single drink in your fridge along with other provisions would be consumed without mercy by him and his numerous female visitors.

He'll borrow little sums of money like 1-2k almost on a daily basis from you under the guise of going for interview and wouldn't pay back until you get fed up and stop giving him, he'll put on your clothes and shoes to go on dates without your permission, monies and other valuables would keep missing in your house and he'll deny ever seeing them, he'll collect provisions on credit from literally every shop in the neighborhood using your name as collateral. He'll be a thorn in your flesh and you'll keep quarrelling each day until you wouldn't be able to take it anymore and ask him to leave...my experience wasn't a funny one. That's why I've vowed never to engage in such unnecessary charity anymore
Hmm.. some nuggets of wisdom hia shocked

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by DryMouth: 1:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
WilsonBright935:

No mind the guy
Might not even be just accommodation, it might be any kinda help
People saying things like this have not seen anything in this life. They are probably small children who are still under their parents care.

That is how one Ajibola was yarning some rubbish related to this matter on tiktok.

By the time the realities of life hit them hard, they will have sense

4 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by OyinO: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
traihit:
This is why it's good to have the Holy Spirit in you.

Sometimes 'angels' may come unawares. Sometimes devil's may come in form of angels with sweet stories.

The Holy Spirit is the spirit of truth.

Though I'm not in support of the "no help" group but I doubt if angels still come to people's houses as of old

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by HoneyBee23(f): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Abeg make we hear word
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by BJanta: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pells1:
me permettrez-vous plus de votre maison Ă  l'Ă©tranger? Sweetvie

Pour qoui ?
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by atheistandproud(m): 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
pstemma1990:
A lot of people have accommodated me in the past...

So I'll always accommodate people, but we'll have to agree on when u are to leave first, to avoid stories that touched..

And how the person behaves also matters.. (but I can't accommodate a lady)

You go shift her waist abi? grin grin grin
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nobody: 1:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is an insensitive thread!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by brain54(m): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Well if not for situation/condition no one would want to move in with anyone.

Everybody loves their space. Because on the first day you are a guest, second day a burden and on the third day a pest.

But then life can be unpredictable so help when you can. Atleast those close to you.

11 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by loliapoopy2013(f): 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Everyone is not the same. If one person has treated you badly, that does not mean all will do came. 1 accommodated my friend for more than 2 months and didn't want her to leave after she got her place. She knew her boundary in my house.

23 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Fedrick100: 1:12pm On Dec 01, 2022
Gonna be a long thread

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by MiaBeer(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Stephen2324:
What’s the reason for your regret? Because he moved into your house, found out you’re a dangerous person and stopped you from taking advantage of him? Hardly can you find a smoke without fire.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Coldie(m): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
First time I accommodated a guy for 3years, during university one day I sat close to him during a hard course he was good at, this guy closed his work from me to see.

2nd guy I accommodated that came in from Nigeria to the uk ended up stealing my things.

The annoying thing is whenever I have accommodation issues I face my problem myself, either I rent a hotel or I dae my dae.

20 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Bintdawood(f): 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Panasonic101:

I don’t understand but you’re right

Seriouslyyyyyy grin grin grin grin
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by rickleye: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
Like most have said - the issue is such people don’t know when to leave. Or such isn’t discussed prior.
And to add insult upon injury such people don’t even feel the need to offer to contribute to the house rent , food or chores.
So I’d rather give a financial aid that accommodate

7 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by house10studios: 1:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

Ewan you should stop helping people.
Remember people have let their messiahs in.

A Local Food Vendor protected my wife at Waterlines junction in Port Harcourt at night. My wife had to pass the night in their thatch house.
Few years later my wife relocated to the US on permanent basis with high quality visa.
She fixed herself up and we visited Nigeria in 2018. Could you believe she remembered that woman and we flew into Port Harcourt and headed to Waterlines and we were informed she had left that place because she couldn't meet up with the rent. We traced her to OIL MILL with someone offering help.

When we met her, she never recognised her. But my wife did. RIGHT there 80% of her life problems were solved. Kids went back to school, she got a befitting shop filled with goods.
In fact, she became the talk of OIL mill area.

Today, we video chat her like a parent.
Unrestricted access to us.
Be careful in Life!

If this was an exam u for don fail.

Learn to read simple essay b4 comment.

Op is talking bout putting people up for some time until dey are on their feet.

U are talking bout a vendor who protected a woman for the night, haba bros dey read first.

Ur matter n d op matter na like 5 and 20

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Damseldammie(f): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
You’re making whole lots of sense bro
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
smiley smiley smiley
Boundaries are very important.
loliapoopy2013:
Everyone is not the same. If one person has treated you badly, that does not mean all will do came. 1 accommodated my friend for more than 2 months and didn't want her to leave after she got her place. She knew her boundary in my house.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by SeriouslySense(m): 1:15pm On Dec 01, 2022
You have bad friends. Know who is not a friend.

I am usually wary of accommodating people i do not know.

And for people who always have negative motives and fight with other people, its a no no.

Coldie:
First time I accommodated a guy for 3years, during university one day I sat close to him during a hard course he was good at, this guy closed his work from me to see.

2nd guy I accommodated that came in from Nigeria to the uk ended up stealing my things.

The annoying thing is whenever I have accommodation issues I face my problem myself, either I rent a hotel or I dae my dae.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Woman Helps Her Husband Pack Things For His Other Wife In Africa (Photo, Video) / Single Mum Dresses Up Like A Man To Celebrate Father's Day (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.