Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,829 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House (52778 Views)

Don't Let Your Daughter Be Too Close To Their Pastor- Journalist Advises Mothers / No Matter How Far You Have Gone The Wrong Path, You Can Always Turn Around / Sad-Looking Bride Goes On Honeymoon, Kisses Husband, Now Looks Happy (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by maasoap(m): 4:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Getting some people to leave is indeed a problem but that is no reason to conclude that it is wrong to help all of the times. undecided

I know some people who accommodated some families into their homes temporarily when those families were in real difficult situations. But today, many of them regret their good gestures because those families refused to leave after many years, they became real burdens and they couldn't force them out.
Before one accommodates a struggling families, one needs to address or discuss the terms. If possible, find other way to help like giving them money to secure their own accommodation.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Kobojunkie: 4:46pm On Dec 01, 2022
maasoap:
I know some people who accommodated some family into their homes temporarily when those families were in real difficulty situations. But today, many of them regret their good gestures because those families refused to leave after many years, they became real burdens and they couldn't force them out.
Before one accommodates a struggling families, one needs to address or discuss the terms. If possible, find other way to help like giving them money to secure their own accommodation.
1. Some people, not all. We once accommodated a family back when I was young and I still have fond memories of that time. undecided

2. Indeed, it is typically best to make sure they understand terms and such. undecided
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by omonnakoda: 4:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
SUMMARY

Deep down people feel they should help

But their nature rebels against this and so psychologically they need to tell themselves they are good people

with the following dialogue

Don't help because people are dangerous, people will repay good with evil, people are bad blahblahblah

That is what this is all about

If you do not want to help do not help, shut up and let those who do do what they want

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by IMASTEX: 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
SETHARTHUR:
You will need accommodation help someday and everyone will tell you this.
He is yet to be awoken to more reality of life. It's understandable to feel over protective because of previous experience. But when you severe everything because of a hurt, you spoil more things. More like avoiding water totally because a friend once drowned. undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by AmuRubber(m): 5:04pm On Dec 01, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

You are not entirely correct.
A Local Food Vendor protected my wife at Waterlines junction in Port Harcourt at night. My wife had to pass the night in their thatch house.
Few years later my wife relocated to the US on permanent basis with high quality visa.
She fixed herself up and we visited Nigeria in 2018. Could you believe she remembered that woman and we flew into Port Harcourt and headed to Waterlines and we were informed she had left that place because she couldn't meet up with the rent. We traced her to OIL MILL with someone offering help.

When we met her, she never recognised her. But my wife did. RIGHT there 80% of her life problems were solved. Kids went back to school, she got a befitting shop filled with goods.
In fact, she became the talk of OIL mill area.

Today, we video chat her like a parent.
Unrestricted access to us.
Be careful in Life!
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by winner37(m): 5:10pm On Dec 01, 2022
Me , I have learned a lot of lessons ohoh...
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Danisaint112(m): 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Lmao
I still be Reverend that time

Ah! you kon leave Jesus follow nyansh & breast?

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Calicoe: 5:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
My Friends case back in first year of school was quite different. He accommodated a guy who's doing a weekend program. This guy ended up upgrading the room to his taste. He bought a TV, generator, ps2, rug, and repainted the room. He let's the guy wear his clothes and shoes, this guy can be starving through out the week but once this guy comes on Friday, it means flexing for the guy including us his friends .. It is rare to see a guy like him sha

7 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Jacksparrow7(m): 5:51pm On Dec 01, 2022
Great advice. 100%
Drop this advise at your own peril.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by spartachico(m): 5:52pm On Dec 01, 2022
lol what of those typing other indigenous languages
Sweetvie:
Lol... Coz it illegal
You're only allow to type in English grin
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by benitwater(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggar

I dey feel you

He be like say your eye don see shege
Dooh!

Another one I also advise my siblings is that no matter what nor allow your friends know the internal problem in your family...if you want to hold a discussion on anything that has to do with the family and your friend is around please just postpone that discussion...
honest truth bro.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by benitwater(m): 5:57pm On Dec 01, 2022
SETHARTHUR:
you have a good point.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by benitwater(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2022
Foodqueen:
The best visitor one could ever have is the one that knows when to leave.
Exactly.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by malaria(f): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nicepoker:
Assist whenever you can. Someday it might be your turn. No matter the tears of a Nigerian girl I won't allow her sleep in my balcony. She can manage the dog's kennel after all they are all bitches. grin
Poster said moving in , moving in does not mean u cant accommodate someone for a day or two . But trust me
Some people are like monkeys once u give them water , to get your cup na wahala. Igbos will always say may my good deeds not kill.me

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Cravemore: 6:23pm On Dec 01, 2022
i have been there, most important truth why people don't like to accommodate is becuz of the fear of the economy and that outside will be eating what they are managing. i have stayed with one bro.... though he was good buh he wasn't so larp enough ,he got 2kids, his mom was staying in his crib and his younger ones also. but his wife wasn't welcome with my stay in thier house, i can sense. But a quick one, i was surprise the day she told me they are just managing, mehn i nor even they chop better food for their house self and most times, am the one doing my thing by myself, but delay they say was dangerous. i didn't expect to stay longer, but things was slowing on my ends, but god did i finally leave because of too many sides talk, so i understand, secondly human behavior. but all my staying i didnt make any offence. yes, certain people dont just know how to control thier selve. that's why people who are doing favour are complaining. anyone is welcom to my world, but once i see your behavior has change. i give you money to book an hotel, and make excuse my parents are coming to live with me plus my gf.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nonywendy(m): 6:40pm On Dec 01, 2022
panini:

Tell us the story behind it bro.

Personally, you can stay for the night, after that, you have to go.
what if he/she refuse to go
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Orgasmgiver123(m): 6:48pm On Dec 01, 2022
Danisaint112:

Ah! you kon leave Jesus follow nyansh & breast?
Breast is life
Especially watermelon sized breasts
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Danisaint112(m): 7:01pm On Dec 01, 2022
Orgasmgiver123:

Breast is life
Especially watermelon sized breasts

Eeehen! Na so? If you enter heaven by mistake I go drag you come outside. cheesy

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by AmuRubber(m): 7:06pm On Dec 01, 2022
Gandrova:
You are wrong with this ascertion. I remembered vividly 29 of May 2010, I was called for an interview in Ajaokuta kogi state and I reside in Kaduna. Which I boarded a car to Abuja and to be sincere I had no idea where the company that called me was located. I just knew I will get to my destination with Faith. We got to Lokoja around 10pm because I Left Kaduna late around after 4pm. A good Samaritan engaged me in discussion and I told him about my journey. He said it was late already that I should try and lodge in an hotel. I told him I can't afford any. He gladly took me to his house. Even though, his younger brother had second thoughts but he told him that it is good to be of help to others. I slept and proceeded the following morning. May Almighty God always locate that dude with His favor and mercy always. I will never stop praying for him.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by sunbreaker: 7:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
SETHARTHUR:
the guy done see something, no be his fault. I helped somebody like that 2012 I had to packed out from the house when wahala too much. Thank God I had a new job then that give me money to do that maybe by now I will be in my village planting cassava.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Sweetvie: 7:38pm On Dec 01, 2022
spartachico:
lol what of those typing other indigenous languages
Lol... You know how nland mod can be most times grin
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by BJanta: 7:39pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sweetvie:
Bcoz they can backstab you later... Soyez prudent avec qui vous permettez à votre maison smiley

Bon, c'est là veritẹ́. Merci beaucoup.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by mosesaigbe(m): 7:41pm On Dec 01, 2022
Supported ..... Wetin my eyes saw from 2018-2020 for allowing 2 Persons to stay with me .... No be joke !

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Haydens: 7:42pm On Dec 01, 2022
MissOpe:

Done
Thank you. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by maestroz: 7:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pells1:
me permettrez-vous plus de votre maison à l'étranger? Sweetvie

Qu'est-ce que aya mi nja! Eru ba mi

SI je te permet, tu vas me detruire.
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by spartachico(m): 8:17pm On Dec 01, 2022
Sweetvie:
Lol... You know how nland mod can be most times grin
True lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Daniluv1(m): 9:14pm On Dec 01, 2022
panini:

Tell us the story behind it bro.

Personally, you can stay for the night, after that, you have to go.

I actually assisted a stranger in that manner before I woke up he stole my phone and I never saw him again

With some others that I helped turning into a monster

I can never assist anyone with accommodation again
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by labelle123(f): 9:54pm On Dec 01, 2022
Pells1:
me permettrez-vous plus de votre maison à l'étranger? Sweetvie
. Vas-y
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by panini(m): 10:11pm On Dec 01, 2022
Nonywendy:
what if he/she refuse to go

I don't understand. Is the person holding a gun?
If I'm leaving to work, we are leaving together to part ways.

1 Like

Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Nonywendy(m): 10:22pm On Dec 01, 2022
panini:

I don't understand. Is the person holding a gun?
If I'm leaving to work, we are leaving together to part ways.
u never jam some people. I have been there. I practically had to drag the person out
Re: No Matter How Sad Their Story Is, Don't Let Anybody Move Into Your House by Missionaire: 10:37pm On Dec 01, 2022
Socratiz:
It is not proper to present your experience as a format for everyone to adopt. You may have had a harrowing experience with siblings who stayed with you after your marriage but that may not be the experience of others.

It would have been more helpful if the writer gives reasons why couples are not advised to accommodate siblings after marriage than to make a blanket pronouncement not to accommodate anyone.

This is one dimensional thinking whereas life comes in different dimensions.
Life plays different balls with each person.

Don't think all your problems are solved because you're married, and that you can throw others away.

Be helpful when you can. The table can turn at any time.

How you narrowed the post to siblings is a mystery.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

47-Year-Old Woman Runs Away 2 Weeks After Man Spent N950k To Marry Her (Photos) / How To Divorce? My Sister's Husband Is About To Kill Her. / Woman Helps Her Husband Pack Things For His Other Wife In Africa (Photo, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.