Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:16 AM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38069 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 4:18pm On Dec 10, 2022
uniquetechng:
7.5kva solar will set me back 8m minimum, nah not in for that ATM.
Make it 9kva, you want 24hrs electricity, you have got to spend.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uniquetechng: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
IyaTola:
Make it 9kva, you want 24hrs electricity, you have got to spend.
At the right time bruv, in this present economy nobody rushes anything, one has to plan ahead and put other expenses into consideration before concluding on acquiring new stuffs especially something as expensive as solar system.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
Angelfrost:

Abeg, tell them! These people don't know!

They don't realize that cost and standard of living are relative.
My younger sis left Lagos to Ondo, she said, its the best decision she ever she has ever made.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IyaTola: 4:21pm On Dec 10, 2022
uniquetechng:
At the right time bruv Sis, in this present economy nobody rushes anything, one has to plan ahead and put other expenses into consideration before concluding on acquiring new stuffs especially something as expensive as solar system.
wink
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by uniquetechng: 4:22pm On Dec 10, 2022
IyaTola:
wink
oh I am sorry about that, happy weekend sis.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 4:32pm On Dec 10, 2022
IyaTola:
My younger sis left Lagos to Ondo, she said, its the best decision she ever she has ever made.

If not for Terrorism and insecurity, many young guys would have relocated massively from South to North!

People live like kings on 120k per month in Borno, Sokoto, and Katsina! No jokes!

Same lifestyle you can only get with nothing less than 400k per month in the overrated Lagos.

If you are not earning at least half a Million monthly in Lagos, you are just suffering!

Nigerians should learn to make wise location choices.

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by vivavik(f): 5:14pm On Dec 10, 2022
Pojomojo:
shocked

No shock o. People are earning that and even more a month.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Cutehector(m): 8:45pm On Dec 10, 2022
IyaTola:
Even in the bank you work in?
Nigeria is larger than my work place so i wont be living inside my company lol. Everyone wants a society that is working and that is why we need to vote in a good president.

Secondly, when God tells me to leave Nigeria, i will. If he hasnt instructed me, there is no point leaving.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by jaksmillioniar: 7:20am On Dec 11, 2022
sisisioge:

Sense again is relative....every mallam to his kettle.
hmm
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Olami90: 6:04pm On Dec 11, 2022
sisisioge:

I just left naija not too long ago, was single, was in HR and earned close to that 700k as my net. Yet I left. I had friends who left earning close to twice that amount but still left. You are correct, comfort is relative, simply living in a comfy apartment, driving comfy car and being able to afford good food might be enough for some, while others need beyond that to feel comfortable. The salary scaled up significantly in naija since January 2022....the fresh from NYSC doctors in a hospital I worked with earned 300k while those with experience earned as much as 1.2m. Dont even think it....salaries had scaled way higher than you thought.

Let me add that those doing japa runs spending close to 40m aren't all borrowing fa....where do you think the savings came from?

Good evening to you,

May I request to message you in private so as to clarify some questions bothering me (it concerns career while you were in Nigeria and few others)??
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 6:20pm On Dec 11, 2022
Olami90:

Good evening to you,

May I request to message you in private so as to clarify some questions bothering me (it concerns career while you were in Nigeria and few others)??

Sorry my DM not working. Pls ask your questions here. Thanks.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 10:32pm On Dec 11, 2022
donproject2:

The .1 is for the street, rituals for uniform masters and other kings of trenches.

Lol, bless up man
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Sarang(f): 3:12am On Dec 12, 2022
Codes151:
not looking down on anything chief. Ask questions baba. 2018 I received a statement from a company on a client that we did visa for. It was 98m (entitlement, salary + bonuses, etc) the dude has house in Canada and Uk. But e no Dey like travel. All him kids Dey out there.
The point is. Nigeria is wicked. You see they have indirectly reduced the pay scale to nothing in nigeria. That man in question no d gree travel.

I know Wetin I Dey talk. People Dey way Dey pocket 3.2m , 2.4m monthly. People Dey way Dey collect over 3-5m just for Christmas. Baba. Leave matter. Those old big boys companies still Dey low key. Forget Wetin we de see.

Presently. In nigeria, person go find worker they offer cheap salary. And today it's order of the day. The man Inquestion is a 25 year old (into the work) type.

Was just trying to say that people still Dey way Dey collect better pay.

Your stat was still wrong.
But you are right, people lots of people make over 3m overseas, some in naija sef. Still not a basis to look down on people's livelihood. Nah from 10k person dey take plan im life dey earn 5m. Life is a journey, let's respect that.

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 12, 2022
Naija na my home. Even if I’m making billions a month, Naija will still be my home.

I can’t go and be a second citizen in another country. Can only go out for vacation, or if I have business overseas.

But Naija will always be my home.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Gentleswift(m): 8:23am On Dec 12, 2022
noalistic:

I understand one can be biased and try to be patriotic, hence we make funny argument and comparisons. Some of you are comparing a minimum wage job abroad to its naira equivalent in NIgeria and suddenly say Nigeria is better. Why not compare it to a minimum wage (33k) job in Nigeria and let's see the standard of life one will have here compared to abroad. Sure, most minimum wage earners abroad live in debts, so in Nigeria too but those one abroad still have access to better life (better electricity and water supply, cleaner environment, better healthcare, more access to loans and scholarships etc). If you really wanna compare, compare the average salary a doctor, cleaner, nurse, accountant etc earn abroad to what their counterparts earn in Nigeria and calculate the impact of their salaries on their standard of living and fulfilment level. It is wrong to compare the $2,000 a menial job worker earns to about N1.4m (700/$) just like that and say earning its naira equivalent in Nigeria is better because most people don't even earn that, not even highly skilled workers. You can try doing that same menial job in Nigeria and let's see if you will even earn up to 5% of that amount, lol.

Imagine, some people even using tax evasion as an advantage for Nigeria and yet you complain there are no basic amenities. You get what you give. Furthermore, some Nigerians are greedy, they wanna earn what they can't earn in their home country for a particular skillset and yet wanna enjoy the little or no tax they don't pay in Nigeria. How pathetic. Also, Nigerians want to build houses back home, remit money home and help as many family members as they can, so obviously, they will need to work more because the system abroad isn't designed for such heavy load. People in Eastern Europe are very conservative and less materialistic so they are contended with what they are getting. Some don't even mind not having a car and they are fulfilled with life (hence the high life expectancy there) but Nigerians want heaven and earth, never satisfied, hence their disappointment and lack of fulfilment.

My advice is that, have a proper plan and orientation if you wanna travel out. It's not easy anywhere. Money is not found littering the streets of Europe and America. Some people are not travelling out for economic or financial gains, they are already doing well but there is more to that in NIgeria of today. If money is the major problem, go into tech and get a remote job that pays in dollars and you will be balling in millions but funny enough, I have some friends like that and they have either japa or on their way to japa so money isn't everything.
thanks boss
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Codes151(m): 1:50pm On Dec 12, 2022
Sarang:

Your stat was still wrong.
But you are right, people lots of people make over 3m overseas, some in naija sef. Still not a basis to look down on people's livelihood. Nah from 10k person dey take plan im life dey earn 5m. Life is a journey, let's respect that.
when did I look down on livelihood?
Pls, show me.

He said for 500k he will stay in naija.
I only went deep when someone said it's not possible to earn that in nigeria.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Sirchiboy: 3:32pm On Dec 12, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.
Connect me to work please
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 4:11pm On Dec 12, 2022
Dijita:
I agreed with his analysis. Yes neither US nor Uk is a paradise. However, your statistics of murder per capital in US vs Nigeria is wrong. According to World bank(data.worldbank.org), there are 22 murders in Nigeria compare to 5 in US per 100,000 people in 2019. While I may agree with you that their is high level of car jacking in many US metros, this is a property crime and when all is consider they are more property crime in Nigeria than America. In US, most if of these crimes are reported, while in our few are reported in country.
I don't know where you live that the quality of public education sucks to the point that you send your children to private school. I spent more money on relative children in Nigeria than I spent on my children k-12 education in the US. One of them graduated high school as AP scholar start working as a software engineer immediately after high school. The other is doing two master degrees in one of the health sciences field finishing one this December and the second next year December. They both attended public school and community colleges.

I agree with his analysis mostly base on my experience. When I was in Lagos, I was earning good money and living comfortable life. However, when the opportunity came, I choose to japa because of my children's future. Some of the guys we worked together that thought it is foolishness to come abroad and be doing security job are now calling us for help. Some of them were forced into early retirement and those that are working the pay did not keep up with increase responsibilities. Some of them are now calling us for financial assistance. As I always told my children, it is better to be the one been called than to be the one calling.

If you japa with a purpose and plan your life, mostly study and do well in your education. Don't compete with people in Nigeria and don't look for shortcut. It is going to be very hard initially, but as time goes on you are going to do better than most of of your peers back home. There will be those who will be better but you will be happy of your decision.
Even at the early stage, doing security or CNA, your problem is not going to be catering for yourself, it is the support for people back home that will drain you. A security guard in US with a wife, 2 or 3 kids and the wife is working security or CNA don't need to work overtime to put food on the table and pay all their bills. It is our desire to build house and help our relative that force us to work overtime. America system is designed for you, your wife and children.
Off course it is not for everybody, if you have a clear vision for your future in Nigeria, No point for you to japa

Thanks for this. The one telling fact of all this JAPA controversy is that even the poorest Nigerians abroad still send money back home to Nigeria, they build houses, pay school fees and hospital bills for those in Nigeria. And yet they're still derided as sufferheads. It's amazing, but that's the Nigerian mentality of abuse for those who help them.

Once again, thanks.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 7:03pm On Dec 12, 2022
Angelfrost:

Dear friend, I'm well traveled and have done my research.

Over 70 percent of working Nigerians will kill for a salary as high as 300k per month! Don't argue this... Ask around!

How many Pharmacists, Nurses, even Doctors earn up that as basic monthly salary?!! And these are supposed to be the pillars of the nation's healthcare industry.

I know and agree that some (not plenty) Nigerians earn even more than that and can't live comfortably (they know why)...!

Some even earn up to 400k to 500k per month and perpetually live in debts! This is real!

Abroad, it's the same thing...! There are people earning over 12000 Dollars monthly, yet live in debts and constantly whine!

Make we dey talk realistically abeg...!

There is a difference between comfort and wealth! I have been talking about relative comfort since!

Go to states like Ogun, Edo, Kano, Imo, Delta, etc... People earning over 250k per month are balling in their own way and lane!

The data is clear on earnings in Nigeria. Only 0.5% of Nigerian adults earn over ₦‎200K per month. Over 99.5% of bank accounts contain less than ₦‎500K. Unemployment is at 33%. The evidence is that the vast majority of Nigerians are in dire poverty.

I was shocked to find out that Chevron Nigeria has only 600 full time, permanent status employees in Nigeria. The total employment in the oil industry - TOTAL, including drivers & gatemen - is 65,000 persons. That's the top industry in Nigeria, so how many more high earners are out there? Not many and apparently a lot of them are on Nairaland!

Nigeria! Nigerians! Whatever!

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Angelfrost(m): 7:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
IbeOkehie:

The data is clear on earnings in Nigeria. Only 0.5% of Nigerian adults earn over ₦‎200K per month.

I was shocked to find out that Chevron Nigeria has only 600 full time, permanent status employees in Nigeria. The total employment in the oil industry - TOTAL, including drivers & gatemen - is 65,000 persons. That's the top industry in Nigeria, so how many more high earners are out there? Not many and apparently a lot of them are on Nairaland!

Thank you for this.

You should know your Nairalanders are mostly kids pretending to be wealthy adults.

They project their daydreams here as reality... They can only deceive the uninformed.

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Olami90: 7:30pm On Dec 12, 2022
sisisioge:

Sorry my DM not working. Pls ask your questions here. Thanks.

I may not be able to ask all factoring confidentiality.

You mentioned an hospital on that comment of yours. May I ask the name, location and prospect of getting opportunity to work with them as trained nurse, pay range and possibility of links there.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 7:38pm On Dec 12, 2022
Olami90:

I may not be able to ask all factoring confidentiality.

You mentioned an hospital on that comment of yours. May I ask the name, location and prospect of getting opportunity to work with them as trained nurse, pay range and possibility of links there.

Sorry, I left and have no info about them. Just google top 5 hospitals on the island and submit application with them. Nurses with 1 to 2yrs experience earn between 150k to 200k. They are always recruiting as there is a current exodus of nurses too in the industry. Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 9:51pm On Dec 12, 2022
xandy84:
I agreed with mostly of what you said with few disagreement. First, crime rate is higher in America than in Nigeria. Minus northern Nigeria, other region is relatively peaceful with pockets of violent. Used to live in Chicago and I now live in Virginia Beach. For a school to look nice does not mean you getting the best education for your kids. America is better than Nigeria but I am completely against people who quit careers or sell house to travel to US or UK only to start afresh. There are cab drivers in Chicago who were doctors in Nigeria. That does not add up to me but I believe people have different views and I might be wrong

Crime rate is higher in Nigeria. If you can exclude Northern Nigeria as an outlier, why can't you exclude Chicago & Baltimore? Think about that for a moment and you'll realize that the TOTALITY of crime measured is what counts. I've lived in Chicago and Baltimore and Lagos, Owerri and Aba...and I always felt safer in the USA.

About starting over, it's not always about INDIVIDUAL SUCCESS, it's also about LONG TERM family success. Truth is, like it or not, the 40 year old cab driver in the USA lives a better life than the average doctor with 10 years working experience in Nigeria, all considered. Also likely that 25 years from today, the children of the cab driver will be living a much better life than the doctors children in Nigeria, unless the doctor also migrates to the West....which is likely to happen anyway.

Have a good day.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by being(m): 9:58pm On Dec 12, 2022
With all candidness, u no get sense! Youbare either still quite young or grew without sense..
A black immigrant low level worker is what u are comparing to a high ranking politician..
Tannhauser:

Bang! An refreshingly intelligent submission.

Most people think japa is all about money, thats foolishness.
I would rather stack shelves in Lidl as a permanent resident/ citizen than be a senator in Nigeria.
Na me TALK am.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by being(m): 10:13pm On Dec 12, 2022
People talk about immigration success just by the amount of money you could earn converted to naira. Some are practical and measure by quality of PHYSICAL living- d roads, other amenities, security too. But what about the PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect? The racism, the career ceiling for most immigrants; the SOCIAL aspect- the coldness of the whites, d lack of extended family knitting/support , the CULTURAL aspect and the RELIGIOUS aspect?
These are aspects to life that can still cause deep pain (or fulfillment) even when everything physical is taken care of
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by IbeOkehie: 10:49pm On Dec 12, 2022
being:
People talk about immigration success just by the amount of money you could earn converted to naira. Some are practical and measure by quality of PHYSICAL living- d roads, other amenities, security too. But what about the PSYCHOLOGICAL aspect? The racism, the career ceiling for most immigrants; the SOCIAL aspect- the coldness of the whites, d lack of extended family knitting/support , the CULTURAL aspect and the RELIGIOUS aspect?
These are aspects to life that can still cause deep pain (or fulfillment) even when everything physical is taken care of

What racism please? In the USA or UK? Please don't make me laugh. I experienced and observed more prejudice in Nigeria than in the USA.

You must understand that Nigerian nyashes have been opened in the public square on this particular matter. Most of the top earning CEO's in Nigeria are Europeans or Asians. Right there in Nigeria! Go to any Nigerian airport and Whites/Asians are given priority over Black Africans. You know it, so what's all this nonsense about being "first class citizen" in Nigeria? grin

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/07/17/highest-paid-ceos-in-nigeria-in-2021/

Most of your other commentary is easily rebuffed. Anyway, what am I on about, enjoy your Nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Rubyjade: 10:57pm On Dec 12, 2022
Fab21:

No specification.

I Just need anything to put food on my table.

Applying for jobs after NYSC prog without feedback isn't funny anymore...
Be specific o! Because Nigeria is rough right now.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Olami90: 6:33am On Dec 13, 2022
sisisioge:

Sorry, I left and have no info about them. Just google top 5 hospitals on the island and submit application with them. Nurses with 1 to 2yrs experience earn between 150k to 200k. They are always recruiting as there is a current exodus of nurses too in the industry. Good luck.

Thank you for prompt response
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by EngrKemp: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2022
Tingotoe:
Are you Buhari? grin
I'm the president of the federal republic of Nigeria soon day
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Igiaruwe04: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2022
IbeOkehie:

The data is clear on earnings in Nigeria. Only 0.5% of Nigerian adults earn over ₦‎200K per month. Over 99.5% of bank accounts contain less than ₦‎500K. Unemployment is at 33%. The evidence is that the vast majority of Nigerians are in dire poverty.

LoL I remember this handle. Was it not you that claim you're doing better than 99% of Nigeria? cheesy and how disporan remittance is the money Nigerian government is using to fund projects and pay salaries in Nigeria. cheesy. And how you're the first person to go abroad in your family. And how no one can be successful in Naija bla bla.

You even share screenshot of your salary in America wink. Boss, abeg help my life o. Nigeria is hell. Send money

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Dragnet oil and gas company Aptitude Test may 2012 @ Port harcourt / FAAN Successful Candidate / How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.