Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,140 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:43 AM

What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? - Jobs/Vacancies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? (38074 Views)

I Think Its Fraud Posting A Job Without A Salary Range / What's Salary For Ssce Holder In Hitech Construction Company / How To Respond When Asked: What Salary Were You Expecting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
Some people are not leaving nigeria because they don't earn big salary or because they are poor, they are leaving because of the corrupt,rotten, lawless, insecured and polluted system and nigeria

3 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Kobicove(m): 7:34pm On Dec 09, 2022
FuckOsuPigs:

I earn N13m per annum and I have a chat with the regional head of a top bank tomorrow for possible switch in which I'm going to ask for N18m. But I will still japa before the year runs out by God's grace.

It's no longer about money.

I hope you're aware we're already in December the last month of the year undecided
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by MeezPat(f): 7:35pm On Dec 09, 2022
Una don start...
Johnchrix:

Boss please can u help me with 200k to solve pressing needs even if as a loan

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Plugsk(m): 7:37pm On Dec 09, 2022
We all deserve that oh. After all, we are all common persons
greatermax77:
Pay me like a Nigerian senator, they aren't better than me
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Kamalex2: 7:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
1 million ogantable
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Dijita: 7:41pm On Dec 09, 2022
I agreed with his analysis. Yes neither US nor Uk is a paradise. However, your statistics of murder per capital in US vs Nigeria is wrong. According to World bank(data.worldbank.org), there are 22 murders in Nigeria compare to 5 in US per 100,000 people in 2019. While I may agree with you that their is high level of car jacking in many US metros, this is a property crime and when all is consider they are more property crime in Nigeria than America. In US, most if of these crimes are reported, while in our few are reported in country.
I don't know where you live that the quality of public education sucks to the point that you send your children to private school. I spent more money on relative children in Nigeria than I spent on my children k-12 education in the US. One of them graduated high school as AP scholar start working as a software engineer immediately after high school. The other is doing two master degrees in one of the health sciences field finishing one this December and the second next year December. They both attended public school and community colleges.

I agree with his analysis mostly base on my experience. When I was in Lagos, I was earning good money and living comfortable life. However, when the opportunity came, I choose to japa because of my children's future. Some of the guys we worked together that thought it is foolishness to come abroad and be doing security job are now calling us for help. Some of them were forced into early retirement and those that are working the pay did not keep up with increase responsibilities. Some of them are now calling us for financial assistance. As I always told my children, it is better to be the one been called than to be the one calling.

If you japa with a purpose and plan your life, mostly study and do well in your education. Don't compete with people in Nigeria and don't look for shortcut. It is going to be very hard initially, but as time goes on you are going to do better than most of of your peers back home. There will be those who will be better but you will be happy of your decision.
Even at the early stage, doing security or CNA, your problem is not going to be catering for yourself, it is the support for people back home that will drain you. A security guard in US with a wife, 2 or 3 kids and the wife is working security or CNA don't need to work overtime to put food on the table and pay all their bills. It is our desire to build house and help our relative that force us to work overtime. America system is designed for you, your wife and children.
Off course it is not for everybody, if you have a clear vision for your future in Nigeria, No point for you to japa

xandy84:
After reading all your writeup, I concluded you're a Nigerian who think UK or US is paradise. Having lived in US for 10 years, I can tell you there ara higher rates of murder per capital in US than Nigeria. There is higher rate of getting carjack in DC than in Lagos.. don't argue but check the facts and figures and you will come to same conclusion. The quality of public schools sucks that I had to send my daughter to private school and that bill is leaving a hole in my wallets.
US/UK is little better than Nigeria but not as people think. Have it at the back of your mind no lizard will leave Naija and turn to crocodile in America.

5 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Depressed101: 7:42pm On Dec 09, 2022
QuinModah:
Anyone who will stay in Nigeria because of a higher salary is quite confused about the logic and purpose of their japa. This is basic maths, but nobody pays attention in maths class these days.

To be honest, alot of Nigerian's leaving the country is for a better life standard, and not necessarily money, people are seeking for safety, good health care system, quality education system etc. Trust me with your money in this country you can't afford those, you can't buy safety (ask some generals in the army why their kids are abroad & why they relocate after service and you get the answers you seek) , these are functions of government responsibilities, which they have failed without any form of remorse.

Nigerians are no longer safe in their country, you have a good job, you are prone to be kidnapped, you drive a good car, you can be robbed and killed, kids are spending close to a decade in public universities for a 5years program. The exodus campaign out of the country is based on having quality lifestyle, Nigerians are simply tired of not been safe in their country anymore. The good Job comes with its inherent risks of been killed, robbed, or kidnapped, so trust me is beyond the salary to stay back in a system designed to shorten your life span. fix the country and Nigerians will stay back.

it is not a salary issue. Are you aware there is no middle class in Nigeria again?, a good number of Nigerians are one chronic disease away from poverty. Have we not seen someone that returned back to Nigeria to work at the rate of same salary structure.

This case here depends on the person skill-set, and how important such person is to the firm.

Average entry level salary in UK is

$32,500 = ₦14,428,050.00 yearly.

Let's break it down.

$32500/12 = $2,708 making ₦1,202,189.52 monthly. (Subjected to all statutory deductions)

In short there are many companies that can afford this in Nigeria depending on how skilled you are.

Note: it's not bad to japa and it's not bad to stay back, but it's depends on your purpose.

Let me stop here.
you did a great job with this breakdown
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Loonyy(m): 7:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
This Thing no be salary something oooooh

No peace of mind for this Nigeria Liadis

And no amount can equate that

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by geegee08(m): 7:51pm On Dec 09, 2022
In my opinion, anyone earning above N1mln monthly in Nigeria should not think of relocating abroad "for a better life".

I have a good job, I have been travelling overseas multiple times annually for over 2 decades now (for vacation and work) and can assure you that 99% of my friends and family members (with good jobs!) abroad cannot afford my family's lifestyle here in Nigeria. I have even had cause to reject cross postings in the past. I believe strongly that Nigeria will soon improve and those who have japa-ed will struggle to return.

Please let's all do our parts to shun corrupt acts and vote wisely for those who have a track record of not appropriating our collective wealth to themselves and their cronies... that is a pointer to the ones with a sincerity of purpose.

Nigeria shall be great in our lifetime!
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sgtponzihater1(m): 7:59pm On Dec 09, 2022
Japa if you can. Consider going alone women will drag you backward no matter how much you earn
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by yinkeys(m): 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
OvertheTop:

THE REAL QUESTION IS:
How much does he save in USD per Month?
(Never convert to Naira Because you spend in USD)

the Saving, is it Tangle in a few years? Can it buy a Rental Apartment in the US?
Can that savings in a (few years) Buy you are Retirement Business or Assets?

if it can''t, the Financial situation he was Nigeria is still the same as what he is in over there
The one in Arizona is enjoying
I’m sure she’s saves at least 1/4 of the cash monthly
Someone that wastes money to get tattoos, nose piercing etc
Those people also waste money on hard drugs
You know smoking all sorts seems like a norm there
Don’t worry e go better for Nigeria until man old die grin

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by sisisioge: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
xandy84:
40 millions for japa runs does not make economic sense. Almost $60k just to come America or UK while you end doing menial jobs here. It does not matter what you are or do in Naija, you have to start all over here and with that type of investment. Does not make a single sense...

Sense again is relative....every mallam to his kettle.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Blackman101: 8:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
Provide the following first then pay me
1. Medical insurance
2. House
3.a soft car loan
3. Children school fee

Then pay me 500k monthly
I am not asking to much

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by xandy84: 8:31pm On Dec 09, 2022
I agreed with mostly of what you said with few disagreement. First, crime rate is higher in America than in Nigeria. Minus northern Nigeria, other region is relatively peaceful with pockets of violent. Used to live in Chicago and I now live in Virginia Beach. For a school to look nice does not mean you getting the best education for your kids. America is better than Nigeria but I am completely against people who quit careers or sell house to travel to US or UK only to start afresh. There are cab drivers in Chicago who were doctors in Nigeria. That does not add up to me but I believe people have different views and I might be wrong

Dijita:
I agreed with his analysis. Yes neither US nor Uk is a paradise. However, your statistics of murder per capital in US vs Nigeria is wrong. According to World bank(data.worldbank.org), there are 22 murders in Nigeria compare to 5 in US per 100,000 people in 2019. While I may agree with you that their is high level of car jacking in many US metros, this is a property crime and when all is consider they are more property crime in Nigeria than America. In US, most if of these crimes are reported, while in our few are reported in country.
I don't know where you live that the quality of public education sucks to the point that you send your children to private school. I spent more money on relative children in Nigeria than I spent on my children k-12 education in the US. One of them graduated high school as AP scholar start working as a software engineer immediately after high school. The other is doing two master degrees in one of the health sciences field finishing one this December and the second next year December. They both attended public school and community colleges.

I agree with his analysis mostly base on my experience. When I was in Lagos, I was earning good money and living comfortable life. However, when the opportunity came, I choose to japa because of my children's future. Some of the guys we worked together that thought it is foolishness to come abroad and be doing security job are now calling us for help. Some of them were forced into early retirement and those that are working the pay did not keep up with increase responsibilities. Some of them are now calling us for financial assistance. As I always told my children, it is better to be the one been called than to be the one calling.

If you japa with a purpose and plan your life, mostly study and do well in your education. Don't compete with people in Nigeria and don't look for shortcut. It is going to be very hard initially, but as time goes on you are going to do better than most of of your peers back home. There will be those who will be better but you will be happy of your decision.
Even at the early stage, doing security or CNA, your problem is not going to be catering for yourself, it is the support for people back home that will drain you. A security guard in US with a wife, 2 or 3 kids and the wife is working security or CNA don't need to work overtime to put food on the table and pay all their bills. It is our desire to build house and help our relative that force us to work overtime. America system is designed for you, your wife and children.
Off course it is not for everybody, if you have a clear vision for your future in Nigeria, No point for you to japa

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Ezlynn: 8:40pm On Dec 09, 2022
Here for the comments, but personally I think the only thing that can keep me in Nigeria is constant power supply. Where NEPA has failed, my multipurpose oraimo traveler 4 has constantly kept my gadgets powered on the go.

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by GENTLETEE(m): 8:47pm On Dec 09, 2022
300k monthly
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by GreaterFuture(m): 8:48pm On Dec 09, 2022
sweetTai:
Me and my wife brings in $14,300/month in the USA. But if I can make 2.5 to 3 Million Naira in Nigeria, that’ll be enough for me.
14,300 dollars? That's say about $7,150 each?
If I get you correctly...

That's very good, even by the very upper class neighbourhood standards...
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Bahamas95(m): 9:10pm On Dec 09, 2022
Even if I earn 5m monthly I will still leave this cursed country someday. Nothing fascinates me about Nigeria......My body is just here, my soul has japa a long time ago.

Once am done with school stuff my next mission is to save up enough money and leave. I am tired of staying in a country where I have to pray to God for NEPA to restore power.

4 Likes

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by FuckOsuPigs: 9:33pm On Dec 09, 2022
Kobicove:

I hope you're aware we're already in December the last month of the year undecided

Lol! I was referring to 2023 grin. This year is gone already.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Zse1: 10:02pm On Dec 09, 2022
Hard
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by DAVE5(m): 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2022
donproject2:
Na weekly I wan dey collect my money, if I dey see like 12.1m per week, I no go comot....wetin I dey find up and down sef

Abeg wetin the .1 dey do dia

U for collect 12m jejely or kuku round am to 13m

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Nuliberry: 10:36pm On Dec 09, 2022
Millimann:

I'm surprised that a job applicant will tell you that his visa has been approved.

Exactly my thought when I read the post. Op knows better though.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by meobizy(f): 10:39pm On Dec 09, 2022
If I say it, these broke Nairaland boys will declare war on my account.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by RealTrump: 11:23pm On Dec 09, 2022
AndroidAI:

We have a lot of estates in Nigeria where you can find all the above-mentioned. In fact, if you take a picture there it will be like you are in abroad. When you start making millions, leave the ghetto and relocate.

You dey mind am. d first time I went to Brains n Hammers in Abuja, d one that Toto's Churchill used to live, even me sef don live abroad, I bow.

Anybody who wants to travel shd by all means travel but for me o, abroad n for one or two weeks.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by usy309(m): 11:56pm On Dec 09, 2022
Well, Japa or not Japa....it depends on individual thinking,...my only Concern is...I can't trade my Religion for anything...
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by celestialAgent(m): 12:08am On Dec 10, 2022
Wickedfacts:

I was in the UK this year to play and relax a bit, went to watch some matches. While in the stadium, my japa brothers were selling stuff, washing plates and picking up dirt. They couldn't even watch matches.
You know what's up!
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:30am On Dec 10, 2022
Fab21:
Maybe 500k per month.
that's what some cleaners are earning in small dubai
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by AFONJAPIG(m): 12:33am On Dec 10, 2022
There are things to consider.. if u are even earning 2 million a month.. here are things u can enjoy outside 2 million Nigeria can never give you they are as follows

1 security we don't have it
2 constant power supply we don't have
3 quality health care we don't have it
4 good economics we dont have it
5 etc

Maybe u can pay me 15m a month I will take the risk and stay
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by bepositive11: 12:45am On Dec 10, 2022
celestialAgent:
lol. Your analysis is a joke!

1.2m in Nigeria would avail you a better life than $2708 would avail you in the UK.

You even reached the monthly value without considering taxation, lmao!!!

To all those quoting me saying I’m not exposed, lol. Thank you

But always ask yourself why it seems your families or colleagues abroad usually get more busy than they were in Nigeria once they relocate. They are not avoiding you, they can’t just help working their a** out on multiple jobs to sort the bills.

But let them continue sugarcoating the reality for you, lol!

While they do, ask them the last time they flexed in a clubs, bars, nice events, etc. It's non-existent because they are always working to keep afloat.

All at the expense of their health. Doing crazy night jobs when weather is -4 degrees as a second or third job.

Once you relocate, you struggle to remain a Nigerian because it becomes unrealistic to exhibit a true Nigerian lifestyle. Nigeria is a culture, not just a name.

Forget about the money conversion and pay attention to everything else. What she said is on point.

If you are smart, you can somehow sort yourself out and eventually stop working 3 jobs to pay bills.

If you really think about it, there are Nigerians in Nigeria who have a full time job plus side hustles to support themselves.

And there are Nigerians in UK who no longer have to work 3 jobs to pay bills because they have a business or a well paying full time job.
Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by Sarang(f): 12:48am On Dec 10, 2022
Codes151:
wetin be Vancouver? Smh. When dollar was 198. Ppl were making 70-100m a year. You Dey talk 700 usd.

And someone will read this nonsense you wrote now and believe it

If someone was earning 100m when dollar was 198 then they make $500k + a year.

The number of Nigerians in whatever country you assume who HONESTLY earn 500k plus a year is very rare. I DOUBT family physicians even earn that much. Or are you talking FRAUD?
Is fraud a basis for anything?!

It's the way you looked down on people's earning.
People like you have absolutely nothing
Like you have nada except a big mouth.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by bepositive11: 12:54am On Dec 10, 2022
xandy84:
I agreed with mostly of what you said with few disagreement. First, crime rate is higher in America than in Nigeria. Minus northern Nigeria, other region is relatively peaceful with pockets of violent. Used to live in Chicago and I now live in Virginia Beach. For a school to look nice does not mean you getting the best education for your kids. America is better than Nigeria but I am completely against people who quit careers or sell house to travel to US or UK only to start afresh. There are cab drivers in Chicago who were doctors in Nigeria. That does not add up to me but I believe people have different views and I might be wrong

They should have planned properly. There are Nigerian doctors who japa and continue working as doctors abroad.

1 Like

Re: What Salary Range Can Make You Remain In Nigeria? by bepositive11: 12:55am On Dec 10, 2022
Dijita:

Exactly. It's important to plan properly. Even though we might struggle at first, in the long run, we're much better off.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

FAAN Successful Candidate / How My Friend Got A Job That Gave Him N5m In Just Four Months / I Just Got Shortlisted For NAF Dssc Recruitment - I Need Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.