Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,868 members, 7,810,310 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:39 AM

Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court (23474 Views)

Aisha Buhari Orders IGP To Charge Aminu Adamu Muhammed To Court Over Tweet / Aminu Adamu Shalele Arrested For Posting About Aisha Buhari (Pictures) / Remi Tinubu And Hajia Nana Shettima Meet Abdullahi Adamu In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Islie: 7:31am On Dec 01, 2022
Nigeria’s first lady, Aisha Buhari, is billed to testify against Aminu Adamu, a student of the Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State, for allegedly defaming her.

Mr Adamu, 24, was alleged to have published a defamatory statement on his Twitter handle against Mrs Buhari.

In the allegedly offending tweet, Mr Adamu, who is a final year student studying Environmental Management, posted a rotund picture of the first lady with a caption in Hausa saying, Mama is feeding fat on poor people’s money.”

The tweet was posted on 8 June but Mr Adamu, trailed by a team of detectives, was arrested in Dutse, North-West Nigeria, on 18 November and whisked to Abuja.

After nearly two weeks in detention, Mr Adamu was arraigned on Tuesday before a judge, Yusuf Halilu, of the Federal Capital Territory High Court at Maitama, where he pleaded not guilty and was remanded at Suleja prison in Niger State.

In the one-count charge marked: CR/89/2022, and dated 23 November, the police say Mr Adamu “between May and June 2022 within the jurisdiction of this court, did intentionally open a Twitter handle with the name …Catalyst and screenshot the photograph of her Excellency Hajia Aisha Buhari and wrote on it in Hausa language… roughly translated to English language to mean ‘Mama has embezzled monies meant for the poor to satisfaction’ and posted same on your above Twitter handle.. knowing same to be false and capable of affecting her reputation.”

The police said the alleged offence bordering on defamation and cyberstalking, contravened Section 391 of the Penal Code.

In a list of witnesses attached to the proof of evidence filed by the police, seen by PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday night, Mrs Buhari, the nominal complainant, is one of the five witnesses assembled by the prosecution to establish the case against Mr Adamu.

Another witness is Festus Jossiah, one of the investigators that tracked and arrested the defendant.

Abdulsalam Zakari, Yahaya Njayo and Haliru Tahir, all police officers, are the other proposed prosecution witnesses lined up against the defendant.

Court filings signed by James Idachaba, a lawyer at the FCT police legal department in Abuja, listed Mr Adamu’s statement, a print out of the alleged defamatory post and an IPhone belonging to the defendant, as exhibits.

How police tracker team arrested Mr Adamu
Fresh details have also emerged on how Mr Adamu was arrested.

Festus Josiah, a police detective attached to the ‘Anti Vice Section A’ in Mararaba, Nasarawa State, in his statement filed as part of the prosecution’s proof of evidence, disclosed that he was contacted by Mrs Buhari’s Aide De Camp (ADC), Usman Shugaba, concerning the defendant’s tweet.

Mr Josiah said he works with the office of the first lady as a phone “tracker.”

He revealed that his team travelled to Dutse, the Jigawa State capital, on a Monday and trailed Mr Adamu for three days before they tracked him down.

“When we got his phone, an Iphone 7, we saw the Twitter account on the phone. We also saw the (alleged offending) post,” Mr Josiah disclosed in his statement dated 19 November.

He said the undergraduate was brought to the FCT State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID).

According to court filings, Mr Adamu’s confiscated phone has been sent to the Terrorism Investigation Branch, Force Intelligence Bureau in Abuja “for analysis” and “evidential value.”

Defendant seeks bail

Meanwhile, Mr Adamu has urged the court to grant him bail.

In a bail applicatiob dated 25 November, Mr Adamu’s lawyer, Kingsley Agu, sought an order admitting his client to bail pending the determination of the suit.

He based his application on the grounds that defendant had never been charged for any crime.

Mr Agu said defendant was treating a “3rd degree fire burn on his left arm and has been in severe pains his arrest and detention…”

The defence lawyer revealed that his client was “seized on 18 November, 2022, by operatives of the SSS before he was handed over to the nominal complainant (Mrs Buhari),” fuelling speculations amongst Nigerians that the first lady tortured Mr Adamu.

The judge adjourned the case until 30 January for the hearing of the defendant’s bail request.

But the defendant is said to be having an examination on 5 December.

There have been calls from civil society organisations like the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) North-west chapter, for Mr Adamu’s release.

The students union gave a two-day ultimatum to Mrs Buhari to ‘release’ Mr Adamu unconditionally.

A human rights lawyer, Inibehe Effiong, in a Facebook post, described Mrs Buhari’s conduct as “evil and a gross abuse of power.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/568408-alleged-defamatory-tweet-aisha-buhari-to-testify-against-university-student.html

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Thortp(m): 7:45am On Dec 01, 2022
Madam, release the guy, simple.

In another news, I learnt the boy supported Deborah's killers in one of his tweets.

I rest my case.

What I know is "Nigeria will be free". Very soon

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by benuejosh: 8:00am On Dec 01, 2022
Defamation of character! Hope it will be lesson to most people. The internet is not really anonymous.

In other news, this is the same Aminu celebrating the death of Deborah. The internet never forgets.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreeStuffsNG: 8:04am On Dec 01, 2022
benuejosh:
Defamation of character! Hope it will be lesson to most people. The internet is not really anonymous.

He is a cyberbully raised badly by irresponsible parents. If he had not been unmasked and jailed, he would by now be preying on another victim.

Just like I stated in this thread titled
Thank You Aisha Buhari, Champion Of Victims Of Cyberbullies
https://www.nairaland.com/7458576/thank-aisha-buhari-champion-victims

Cyberbullies are not ghosts and they are not above the law.

Many victims of cyberbullies suffered and died from toxic contents cyberbullies raised by irresponsible parents post on the social media but because the victims lack the resources and power to hold these cyberbullies to account, the cyberbullies commit crime and move on to their next victim.

Thank God for Mrs Aisha Buhari, the cyberbully now held in court to defend himself would have moved on to another victim.
Mrs Aisha Buhari stood up for victims of cyberbullies and may God bless her.

The NA must look at the social media bill once again. The British Parliament is already working on their own social media bill and CNN is on a campaign to hold cyberbullies to account. Nigeria can not be left behind.

Social media should not be a haven for cyber bullies and we can not have different rules for criminals offline and online.

A cyberbully is not a Ghost. Report the cyberbully today. States and FG must release a toll free line to report cyberbullies and NCC must provide their registered GSM numbers while NIN and DSS keep a public register of cyberbullies like LASG has for rapists.

Platforms earning profit from the activities of cyberbullies and failing to remove toxic contents must be penalized and prosecuted.

Curriculum must criminalize cyberbullies same way we currently do to offline bullies.

Aisha Buhari just championed the causes of victims of cyberbullies. She is a rare gem. May God bless her and her family.

Every cyberbully must be held to account, arrested and prosecuted. Our cyberspace must be kept free of cyberbullies.

God bless Aisha Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.
May God continue to expose and punish all cyberbullies and grant justice to their victims.
check my signature for free stuffs!

76 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Rhado: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2022
But he did not lie. When she appears in court what will her testimony be. Thought she was better/different.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Karrima: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2022
Who cares about what they do there? The boy supported the murder of Deborah, Aisha is busy punching his face now. Karma is a tireless b!tch!

111 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by englishmart(m): 8:10am On Dec 01, 2022
We're going to see the shepopotamus in person. By then we'd know if she's bloated, swollen or fat as a cow at the expense of the starving masses.

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by yesloaded: 8:10am On Dec 01, 2022
I wish GEJ, & PEJ pressed charges against those who insulted them during their time, we could have prevented cyber bullying

Let's blame GEJ for the fact that he didn't fight those who insulted him badly during his administration because if he had fought & jailed them, cyber bully would have left the internet completely

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by NotKnown: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2022
Shame.

Look at what a whole first Lady has reduced herself to.

I'm sure she won't even be there. She will only send a representative.

So jobless is she that she now devotes her time to listen to small small gossips and whispers.

Very lazy woman that ordinary kick she fell down broke an ankle. Talk about a broiler chicken.

No wonder her husband said she is only fit for the kitchen and the other room for fun and procreation purposes only.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Franzinni: 8:11am On Dec 01, 2022
When the gods want to ruin a person ... They first make them MAD.

But did the boy lie? Make sss come carry me too o... I need to blow one way or another.

This woman is making a hero out of him but she just can't see it.

Modified: the boy deserve to be tutures for what he posted about that girl that was murdered ... I don't support Aisha's use of power but I don't support the useless boy too .

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by PriestlyLawyer1: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
Having been in the know that he supported Deborah's killing. I take a bow. undecided undecided

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Curious345: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
I stand with Aisha Buhari'..

That dude over stepped the limits of decency

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by ObiLamba: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
The onus is on the foolish boy to proof that she stole money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Dididrumz(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
This woman serious.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Geenosko: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
But they can't track terrorists

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DarkPheonix: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022

6 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by kenny714433(m): 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
The idiot that celebrated Deborah's killing.
I have no sympathy for terrorist.

In the other thread where I was advocating for his release, someone asked me not to pity Northerners that they would even vote Buhari for third term if possible and I was thinking his advice doesn't make sense.

After finding out that this terrorist supported Deborah's killing, I pray he gets killed in captivity. I regret supporting him initially.

47 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by brandmix: 8:12am On Dec 01, 2022
lol

And you wonder why people are leaving decent jobs to start from scratch in the UK.

Just imagine a British bloke being picked up by Scotland Yard because he posted SOMETHING/ANYTHING (that is not life threatening of course) about the wife of the British prime minster undecided undecided

It’s just madness

And to think you have Nigerians under this thread commending this just shows how much of a problem the average Nigerian is to Nigeria

Mad people cheesy with Stockholm syndrome

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Nobody: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
The statement really entered her well and she was really pained. Another silly avenue for her lawyers to cash out well. What a joke of a country!. But the majority of northern youths are hypocrites and always support evil. He supported the killing of Deborah, So let the boy enjoy his newly found prison mansion with his fellow terrorists.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Mightymanna(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Two faced woman that can swallow loot but can not tolerate insults coming with the loot

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by jomoh: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Very good. Let the court do their work.

5 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by PureMe01: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
The bandit mocked Deborah while she was crying even at death.
The terrorist can rot in hell for all I care.

Aisha Buhari,please deal with him wickedly

24 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by jojofola: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
This is a complete misuse of power.
His phone was sent to Terrorism Department for what reason?

Nawa!!! And we wonder why the country is like this?

3 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by saheedbadmus(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Make this woman forgive him o..cos he as been purnished and beaten nau..una still one jail him... even if he did something wrong, wait till the court find him guilty..But u had to beat him up.. naaah that's bad... in life one thing is for sure ,What goes around would surely comeback around.. this same boy was in support of the northerners when Deborah was killed o en.. I just pray God have mercy on u

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Mercury12(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Aisha is teaching Nigerians that she is not Buhari that takes all insult and that she has every right to justice just like every other Nigerian citizens. ...
I wish it hasn't come to this and be boy be pardon but it is what it is. It seams she is trying to make a point.
The boy action must be condemn no matter how you choose to look at it. Nobody wants anybody to accuse them wrongly.

7 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by ufotunang: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Release the guy.,.why do government like to prosecute the poor people

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by money121(m): 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
Ok
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Ballzproblem2: 8:13am On Dec 01, 2022
na God go punish that fat flounder fish , Nigerians should unite and pressure the government to release the innocent young man ,what nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Seankhalifa: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2022
Make dem no release the idiot.. the mxmx supported the killing of Deborah....

8 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Moseshasss: 8:14am On Dec 01, 2022
We have more problems at Hand than these ......APC go and get people killing people and jail them ..not this one...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Gov Mbah Appoints Ekweremadu’s Son, 14 Others Commissioners / Senator Sekibo's Son Graduates From Medical School (Photos) / Ladoja: Agitation For Yoruba Nation May Degenerate Into War, If..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.