Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,176 members, 7,825,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court (23506 Views)

Aisha Buhari Orders IGP To Charge Aminu Adamu Muhammed To Court Over Tweet / Aminu Adamu Shalele Arrested For Posting About Aisha Buhari (Pictures) / Remi Tinubu And Hajia Nana Shettima Meet Abdullahi Adamu In Abuja (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by irunoko(m): 9:54am On Dec 01, 2022
latolz:
LET HER DEAL WITH HIM DECISIVELY AND LET HIM CONTINUE TO INSULT HER THEIR PROBLEM.. HE WAS INSENSITIVE TOWARDS DEBORAH'S SAMUEL'S DEATH AND AISHA IS NOW BEING INSENSITIVE TO HE'S COMMENTS. THEIR BUSINESS
gbammmmmabsolutely
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 9:55am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Defamation that is malicious is criminal. When you go about typing lies , deliberately lying and defaming an innocent person to the point your victim got sacked and lynched or raped, you will face criminal malicious defamation. Your intention and severity of harm you caused your victim will be used by the prosecutors to demabd you face the full weight of the law.

Ignorance is not an excuse

Please I dont know what you do, but I am a lawyer of 20 years standing at the bar. Defamation (which may be libel or slander) is civil. It is not criminal.
And while no one may incite violence, can you please tell me what violence was incited here. Or who was raped. Or who was sacked. Or who was under even the slightest threat of any such harm by this ordinary remark.

The statement did not even allege a crime. It says that your first lady has fed fat on the poor. This is an ordinary and indeed fair statement to make of those in the higher echelons of the corridors of power virtually everywhere on the planet, not to speak of corrupt Nigeria and its arrogance of the powerful.

Its absurd to be anywhere in the political space with such a thin skin.
It would mean the arrest of most of the population everyday.
You are advocating a police state, a tyranny of the kind one may find in North Korea or Saudi Arabia.
In liberal democracies, freedom of speech is the rule of thumb.

Pls stop talking such frank nonsense.
Just go over to North Korea, and live there. Will suit your sort just fine.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Luckysbab: 10:05am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

He is a cyberbully raised badly by irresponsible parents. If he had not been unmasked and jailed, he would by now be preying on another victim.

Just like I stated in this thread titled
Thank You Aisha Buhari, Champion Of Victims Of Cyberbullies
https://www.nairaland.com/7458576/thank-aisha-buhari-champion-victims

Cyberbullies are not ghosts and they are not above the law.

Many victims of cyberbullies suffered and died from toxic contents cyberbullies raised by irresponsible parents post on the social media but because the victims lack the resources and power to hold these cyberbullies to account, the cyberbullies commit crime and move on to their next victim.

Thank God for Mrs Aisha Buhari, the cyberbully now held in court to defend himself would have moved on to another victim.
Mrs Aisha Buhari stood up for victims of cyberbullies and may God bless her.

The NA must look at the social media bill once again. The British Parliament is already working on their own social media bill and CNN is on a campaign to hold cyberbullies to account. Nigeria can not be left behind.

Social media should not be a haven for cyber bullies and we can not have different rules for criminals offline and online.

A cyberbully is not a Ghost. Report the cyberbully today. States and FG must release a toll free line to report cyberbullies and NCC must provide their registered GSM numbers while NIN and DSS keep a public register of cyberbullies like LASG has for rapists.

Platforms earning profit from the activities of cyberbullies and failing to remove toxic contents must be penalized and prosecuted.

Curriculum must criminalize cyberbullies same way we currently do to offline bullies.

Aisha Buhari just championed the causes of victims of cyberbullies. She is a rare gem. May God bless her and her family.

Every cyberbully must be held to account, arrested and prosecuted. Our cyberspace must be kept free of cyberbullies.

God bless Aisha Buhari.
God bless Nigeria.
May God continue to expose and punish all cyberbullies and grant justice to their victims.
check my signature for free stuffs!

Are you a cyber terrorist then? Shameless bigot

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Luckysbab: 10:06am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

Please I dont know what you do, but I am a lawyer of 20 years standing at the bar. Defamation (which may be libel or slander) is civil. It is not criminal.
And while no one may incite violence, can you please tell me what violence was incited here. Or who was raped. Or who was sacked. Or who was under even the slightest threat of any such harm by this ordinary remark.

The statement did not even allege a crime. It says that your first lady has fed fat on the poor. This is an ordinary and indeed fair statement to make of those in the higher echelons of the corridors of power virtually everywhere on the planet, not to speak of corrupt Nigeria and its arrogance of the powerful.

You are advocating a police state, a tyranny of the kind one may find in North Korea or Saudi Arabia.

This is the fool you are quoting.

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 01, 2022
Thortp:
Madam, release the guy, simple.

In another news, I learnt the boy supported Deborah's killers in one of his tweets.

I rest my case.

What I know is "Nigeria will be free". Very soon
Northern muslims all have that terrorist tendencies, its part of islam, nothing like free speech.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Luckysbab: 10:09am On Dec 01, 2022
Mercury12:
Aisha is teaching Nigerians that she is not Buhari that takes all insult and that she has every right to justice just like every other Nigerian citizens. ...
I wish it hasn't come to this and be boy be pardon but it is what it is. It seams she is trying to make a point.
The boy action must be condemn no matter how you choose to look at it. Nobody wants anybody to accuse them wrongly.

Doesn't she feed from Aso Rock budget? Is that a lie?

Is the budget not usually inflated? Is it not at the expense of the poor?
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DevilSignature: 10:12am On Dec 01, 2022
Thunder don finally fire that modafuckin nigga
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by almarthins(m): 10:15am On Dec 01, 2022
LegacyB:

So sad what a shame of a generation. Even the military was better than this. But please don’t tell me your brain has been conscripted to believe this.

Make Una dey calm. I was jus being sarcastic.
Imagine the boy was the son of the haves. do you think Aisha would have the guts to arrest the man?

Na poor man dey pay for heavily for all this law wey dem write when it is broken. IGP never go prison, since the sentenced him for contempt. Imagine na poor man, dem go don send dss, police and army.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by NEZON(m): 10:19am On Dec 01, 2022
Ballzproblem2:
na God go punish that fat flounder fish , Nigerians should unite and pressure the government to release the innocent young man ,what nonsense

Unite fire let him riot in hell for all i care
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Hydroxide(m): 10:25am On Dec 01, 2022
If them like make them kill am. Nothing Concern me with any Northerner. They are all idiots
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by ObiLamba: 10:26am On Dec 01, 2022
LegacyB:

The onus is on you to be less insensitive.
See pot calling kettle black. You should be less insensitive to Aisha Buhari too. If open a thread to say Legacy B is a scammer, nairalanders will ask for proof to show that I paid you money or proof that you requested me to pay you.
For another example, my moniker says that Peter obi is a liar and we all know that he lies compulsively and involountarily
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 10:28am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

Defamation is a civil offense, Yes. Stop encouraging unruly behavior. Toxic cyber bullying has led to suicides across the world. People should be mindful of remarks they make and should only speak things they can substantiate

Stop encouraging wrongs sir. I'm sure you're aware of the updated cybercrime ACT on such concerns and you know truly well it's not a behavior that's tolerated by the society. Thankfully, you're a man of the law. She didn't pursue the concerns outside the law.

Let the law take it's course
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by MondayOsunbor(m): 10:42am On Dec 01, 2022
Islie:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/568408-alleged-defamatory-tweet-aisha-buhari-to-testify-against-university-student.html

Another witness is Festus Jossiah, one of the investigators that tracked and arrested the defendant.

oga tracker track the fulani bandits who are pricing ransome with phone
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Guyman01: 10:46am On Dec 01, 2022
NotKnown:
Shame.

Look at what a whole first Lady has reduced herself to.

I'm sure she won't even be there. She will only send a representative.

So jobless is she that she now devotes her time to listen to small small gossips and whispers.

Very lazy woman that ordinary kick she fell down broke an ankle. Talk about a broiler chicken.

No wonder her husband said she is only fit for the kitchen and the other room for fun and procreation purposes only.

That guy is a religious cyber bully fanatic who celebrated the murder of Deborah and threatened to rape the mother of anyone who mourns the death of that girl.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 10:50am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Defamation is a civil offense, Yes. Stop encouraging unruly behavior. Toxic cyber bullying has led to suicides across the world. People should be mindful of remarks they make and should only speak things they can substantiate

Stop encouraging wrongs sir. I'm sure you're aware of the updated cybercrime ACT on such concerns and you know truly well it's not a behavior that's tolerated by the society. Thankfully, you're a man of the law. She didn't pursue the concerns outside the law.

Let the law take it's course

Expressing an opinion that a "queen" has fed fat o the poor can NEVER be called cyberbullying.
If this is the case, how many millions of people should be arrested everyday for saying similar things about people like Atiku and Bola Tinubu.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 10:52am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

Expressing an opinion that a "queen" has fed fat o the poor can NEVER be called cyberbullying.
If this is the case, how many millions of people should be arrested everyday for saying similar things about people like Atiku and Bola Tinubu.

Go and rest oga. Let the court determine the best line of action. If you're angry, go and represent him Pro-bono. If you've not read through the last version of the EFCC CYBERCRIME ACT. Please make time available and educate yourself on the ethics of engagement in online activities

Stop misinforming people using your profession as a willful tool Please. Criminal or civil, defamation is evil. And as a nation we must put an end to the maddness

And stop miscontruing facts. You have eaten fat on embezzeled funds is totally wrong. He must substantiate the remarks or face the law. Simple. You're a man called to bar. You know the rule of engagements. Stop bending principles to validate a nonsensical habit.

People lose money from defamation. People get killed from being falsely accused. Defamation is as evil as these consequences

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Angrymode: 10:54am On Dec 01, 2022
GOD is indeed the most clever. Punishing the boy for Deborah and ridiculing the first lady for feeding fat on the poor masses with one stroke.Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 11:00am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Go and rest oga. Let the court determine the best line of action. If you're angry, go and represent him Pro-bono. If you've not read through the last version of the EFCC CYBERCRIME ACT. Please make time available and educate yourself on the ethics of engagement in online activities

Stop misinforming people using your profession as a willful tool Please. Criminal or civil, defamation is evil. And as a nation we must put an end to the maddness

And stop miscontruing facts. You have eaten fat on embezzeled funds is totally wrong. He must substantiate the remarks or face the law. Simple. You're a man called to bar. You know the rule of engagements. Stop bending principles to validate a nonsensical habit.

People lose money from defamation. People get killed from being falsely accused. Defamation is as evil as these consequences

Well, I cant help it if you keep conflating legality and morality.

I also cant help it when you cant see the raw abuse of power involved in criminalizing a mere civil matter.
Finally I cant hep it if you believe that leaders in a liberal democracy cannot, or should not, abide a high degree of criticism, and yes, even random allegations. The correct procedure, of course, is a civil suit against him. But she wants to show him power. Now, how does that in itself not substantiate exploitation and abuse of the poor.

One of the most disgusting thing about we Nigerians is the way we glorify those who oppress us.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

Well, I cant help it if you keep conflating legality and morality.

I also cant help it when you cant see the raw abuse of power involved in criminalizing a mere civil matter.
Finally I cant hep it if you believe that leaders in a liberal democracy cannot, or should not, abide a high degree of criticism, and yes, even random allegations. The correct procedure, of course, is a civil suit against him. But she wants to show him power. Now, how does that in itself not substantiate exploitation and abuse of the poor.

One of the most disgusting thing about we Nigerians is the way we glorify those who oppress us.

You won't spin narratives with me. I already told you, civil or criminal. Defamation is evil

You've eaten fat on the money you stole is not free speech incase you've lost touch with reality. It's not a case of the rich against the poor. Tall against short. No one has fought APC/Buhari online like me and people of like minds in the political section.

It's not about supporting oppressors. It's a fight for civility. The society is the winner here and the ultimate beneficiary

If we allow people get away with hurtful/harmful/malicious words as they please, the entire country will be in arms because some people lack will against words. Since the law is a profession that upholds true civility, i'm ashamed that you've considered to tow a path of semantics and sentiments.

Since accoridng to you,, by law he didn't commit any wrongs. Let the law determine his fate and quit being emotional. He is going to be tried. He wasn't sent to an army barrack.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by prophetfire: 11:03am On Dec 01, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:

Irresponsible parents raise cyberbullies and frail looking insecured folks hiding behind a moniker to insult their own mothers and other people's mothers.
Only irresponsible parents raise uncouth hate-filled folks like you. Charity begins at home and you can only give what you have.
All of you will be unmasked and prosecuted some day. It is not far. It will be just like his own too wink
. If you weren't irresponsible, you wouldn't insult his parents in a matter that doesn't involve them.
Since it's parents that are responsible for their children's misbehavings according to you, it then means your parents are irresponsible for allowing you to come online and be insulting his parents in a matter they aren't involved in.
Slaves like you that defend oppressors who don't even know them are premium slaves forever.

2 Likes

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 11:11am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

You won't spin narratives with me. I already told you, civil or criminal. Defamation is evil

In case you missed it, thats why I say you conflate legality and morality. They are two different things sir.

You've eaten fat on the money you stole is not free speech incase you've lost touch with reality.

He said she has fed fat on the poor. Those are not the same statements.
And it remains a fact.
So long as she, and members of her family, fund an extensive and unnecessary presidential fleet of aircraft, they are feeding fat on the poor. So long as they run an excessive budget for medical care abroad, or an excessive budget for food in Aso rock, they are feeding fat on the poor. And much more.

It's not a case of the rich against the poor.

Please be honest. They would have arrested Dangote or Otedola's child if they made a tweet like that abi?

It's not about supporting oppressors. It's a fight for civility. The society is the winner here and the ultimate beneficiary

Civil or uncivil, rude or polite - those are not markers for taking anyone to jail. That's unheard of in a true civil liberal democracy!

He is going to be tried. He wasn't sent to an army barrack.

He is being remanded in prison custody for a light civil remark on Twitter. He will be there till January at least - when the case comes up again.
Is this North Korea?
You are the one I am ashamed of.
You don't even respect essential freedoms of the citizen.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by mmsen: 11:15am On Dec 01, 2022
abidem4real:

Whatever matter it is, he deserves to go to jail.
Come to think of it, if someone can mock the death of person killed on the altar of unconfirmed and untried blasphemy( a sin believed to have been committed against a "servant" of God) who is unknown by our generation, who didn't even know someone was abusing him in any manner and who ordinarily should be in position to forgive anybody that sins against him regardless of the nature of the sin, what do you expect to be done to that stupid mocker for abusing the wife of the sitting president who ordinarily is a fallible human being and known by our generation?

I guess that's carma knocking at the stupid boy's door.

He deserves to go to jail for telling the truth about the Buharis?

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 11:17am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

In case you missed it, thats why I say you conflate legality and morality. They are two different things sir.

He said she has fed fat on the poor. Those are not the same statements.
And it remains a fact.
So long as she, and members of her family, fun an extensive and unnecessary presidential fleet of aircraft, they are feeding fact on the poor. So long as they run an excessive budget for medical care abroad, or an excessive budget for food in Aso rock, they are feeding fact on the poor. And much more.

Please be honest. They would have arrested Dangote or Otedola's child if they made a tweet like that abi?

Civil or uncivil, rude or polite - those are not markers for taking anyone to jail. That's unheard of in a true civil liberal democracy!

He is being remanded in prison custody for a light civil remark on Twitter. He will be there till January at least - when the case comes up again.
Is this North Korea?
You are the one I am ashamed of.
You don't even respect essential freedoms of the citizen.

It's civil society vs mindlessness oga

I recalled your attention to the last EFCC CYBERCRIME ACT. Go and find and update yourself

YOU EMBEZZLED FROM THE POOR. MEANING YOU STOLE in;t minor. You're not the wisest lawyer in the country. Sebi you're proving facts here online. His lawyer will do same in the court. Let the exercise run its course Oga

Enough of people just carrying their phones to say malicious things about people and getting away with it. Enough of that

You're feeling sad saying he will the there till Janaury. I want him charged to court for misconduct and violation of the rights of another individual and sentenced to court for 2-4 years. He loses his education and returns to learn work. Let it be an example to people not to go about giving dangerous information about people with unsubstantiated remarks
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by Karrima: 11:21am On Dec 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

How did u know he supported deborah's murder??

Go to his page on Twitter.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 11:22am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

It's civil society vs mindlessness oga

I recalled your attention to the last EFCC CYBERCRIME ACT. Go and find and update yourself

YOU EMBEZZLED FROM THE POOR. MEANING YOU STOLE in;t minor. You're not the wisest lawyer in the country. Sebi you're proving facts here online. His lawyer will do same in the court. Let the exercise run its course Oga

Enough of people just carrying their phones to say malicious things about people and getting away with it. Enough of that

You are simply looking for a society without free speech. I advise you relocate to North Korea or SAUDI.
Either will suit you well.

PS: "Feeding fat" is not the same term as embezzlement or stealing.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 11:23am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

You are simply looking for a society without free speech. I advise you relocate to North Korea or SAUDI.
Either will suit you well.

PS: "Feeding fat" is not the same term as embezzlement or stealing.

Semantics and Sentiments. How emotional of you. That's low for a lawyer. I thought you'd defend the position of the law and truism and not play emotional with me

You're feeling sad saying he will the there till Janaury. I want him charged to court for misconduct and violation of the rights of another individual and sentenced to court for 2-4 years. He loses his education and returns to learn work. Let it be an example to people not to go about giving dangerous information about people with unsubstantiated remarks

From now, people will be more cautious of their remarks online. It's a win for society
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 11:25am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Semantics and Sentiments. How emotional of you. That's low for a lawyer. I thought you'd defend the position of the law and truism and not play emotional with me

From now, people will be more cautious of their remarks online. It's a win for society

You know nothing of law, and you dont belong to a civilized society, period.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 11:26am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

You know nothing of law, and you dont belong to a civilized society, period.

Says the emotional one. Continue to cry. It will be the fate of all those abusing social media platforms anyhow they please. You know absolutely nothing about the law. Feel free to jump on Twitter with your version and you'll join him in Kuje correctional
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by ibtommy(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2022
Careful o...Aisha is around the corner o.
Mightymanna:
Two faced woman that can swallow loot but can not tolerate insults coming with the loot
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by DeepSight(m): 11:30am On Dec 01, 2022
FreshFarmAgro:

Says the emotional one. Continue to cry. It will be the fate of all those abusing social media platforms anyhow they please. You know absolutely nothing about the law. Feel free to jump on Twitter with your version and you'll join him in Kuje correctional

Lol. 2 - 4 years prison for anyone who criticizes the political elite, or expresses an opinion that they exploit the poor.
What a primitive barbarian you must be.

Have a good dey jaare. Enjoy your caveman mindset.

1 Like

Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by FreshFarmAgro: 11:33am On Dec 01, 2022
DeepSight:

Lol. 2 - 4 years prison for anyone who criticizes the political elite, or expresses an opinion that they exploit the poor.
What a primitive barbarian you must be.

Have a good dey jaare. Enjoy your caveman mindset.

Yawns. Your guilt tripping is as clear as clean waters.

You've embezzeled funds from poor and used it to get fat isn't criticizing. When it comes to political criticisms, i've criticized this administration both online and offline more than 90% of the country

Go and sit down. Wisdom doesn't end nor begin with you

In Algeria, a young man was killed and brutally burnt alive because he was accused falsely. After he died, they conduct investigation and found out he was innocent. What killed him. False allegations

A young man and his friends where killed in Rivers state some years back because of false allegations

You're the baby in denial who choose to deny the dangers of malicous speech. It's not rich against poor. It's a culture of abnormality that must be done away with if we must have a nation to be proud of.
Re: Aisha Buhari To Testify Against Aminu Adamu In Court by abidem4real: 11:36am On Dec 01, 2022
mmsen:

He deserves to go to jail for telling the truth about the Buharis?
He deserves to go to jail for mocking the gruesome killing of Deborah for mere allegation of blasphemy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

6 APC Governors, 27 NASS Members Joining Us Soon – PDP / Asoluka Reacts To His Rumored Appointment As Commissioner Of Finance By Ihedioha / N9.9bn Fraud: Only N300m Remains In Lagos’ Three Accounts – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.