Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

First Bank Wiped My Mum Account - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / First Bank Wiped My Mum Account (1239 Views)

African Civilizations Wiped Out After Nuclear War (photos) / Man Stopped From Committing Suicide After Finding Out His Account Was Wiped / Advice-column-he-wiped-my-veejay-with-a-han (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Schelube(m): 3:02pm On Dec 01, 2022
Please i need all kind of help i could get.
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by brosom(m): 3:16pm On Dec 01, 2022
It's now obvious that banks are no longer save to keep money as everybody eye dey red.

If must tell u something, those responsible for this odd act are those inside bankers that their duty is to check when money is finished and to lodge money in ATMs, they're the sole culprit and most be held responsible.

A fraudster can't operate successfully without the help of an insider..

9 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Ifakiland(m): 3:25pm On Dec 01, 2022
Lolzzzz
How your mom tske get 1.7m for this hard economy?
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by penultimatee(m): 3:28pm On Dec 01, 2022
Are you serious of this thing you just type here.tell your brother to lodge a complaint with CBN of the state and insert the voice call of all what the conversation with the branch manager. What nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Nobody: 3:49pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ifakiland:
Lolzzzz
How your mom tske get 1.7m for this hard economy?

U think everyone is poor becuz u r poor??.....serrrriously..u people should get dumb of the year award(no oofencsse) angry

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Illegal1(m): 3:50pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ifakiland:
Lolzzzz How your mom tske get 1.7m for this hard economy?
No offence....
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by chigbokingsley(m): 4:00pm On Dec 01, 2022
Bro,
Write a mail to First Bank, copy CBN and EFCC, state vividly what happened and upload the debit she received. Also remember to upload the voice call your brother had with the First Bank manger. Also include your account number, transaction id.

You will see how they will quickly resolve it.

Thank me later.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Ifakiland(m): 4:13pm On Dec 01, 2022
DaddyCK:

U think everyone is poor becuz u r poor??.....serrrriously..u people should get dumb of the year award(no oofencsse) angry
Lolzzzzz she don donate the money to Nigeria case closed
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by JONSYN7154: 5:20pm On Dec 01, 2022
Schelube:
My Mum went to First Bank branch at Upper Iweka road, Onitsha, Anambra State yesterday to withdraw 20k. She inserted her card to withdraw but the Atm decline her card,she tried the 2nd time but got same rejection for an account she has being operating for more than 20years.

Someone behind saw what was going on and encouraged her to try again if she is sure of the account & pin or approached the bank for a complain. She equally tried d 3rd time, the Atm took her card and went out of service.
She stood there waiting for the machine to come up again before her next line of action with same people on the queue.

As soon as the Atm machine came up, she got a debit of #400k, #300k and #1million. All within 5minutes. With that shock, she rushed inside the bank to complain for the receivers account to be flag down but was told to write a letter under tensed condition. She wrote d letter and also informed my elder brother who is also a banker with another bank. My bro took up the matter immediately and call the branch manager of first bank for the account number of the receiver to be flag but was told that first bank wont be able to see the receivers account number till God knows when.

Personally most of us do transfer and you can easily see who you sent money to any minute. I wonder how this case look different.
After their delays for some hours, they reluctanly went to the Atm to look for my mum Atm but again said her Atm card is not in the machine. If not in the machine, where is it. My bro also asked them to use CCTV to verify my mum claim but we got the shock of our life. They said no CCTV coverage in that ATM that is within the bank premises. I dont know what to do since am not with her anymore but i know i might get any help possible from here. Please any admin do justice to this. She is retired as well.
[/b][b]
Thanks
Let her petition EFCC/ICPC and copy the bank manager.

You'll put then on the run.

I can summit the petition to EFCC Headquarters here in abuja for you.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by LIVINGICONREBOR: 6:21pm On Dec 01, 2022
This is too bad. Does it then mean our banks are no longer safe for keeping money?? angry Like what the hell is really happening.

3 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by advanceDNA: 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2022
Schelube:

[/b][b]
Thanks

This matter looks like ur mum's card has been compromised b4 going to the bank hence, her pin not working as u said ....the alerts was probably just coincidental with the time she was at the bank.... I suspect inside job or if she use ATM for POS stand.....

I notice those POS gus now have an accomplice that stand at pple's back when u want to key in your pin on their POS...that's how they get pple's pin.....

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by phemy36(m): 6:30pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ifakiland:

See your thinking. I'm not surprise by the way. Omo ifaki orinkinran. Oni ko ba faki Lori oko ke daro, oni ubi lori
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by BeardedMeat(m): 6:53pm On Dec 01, 2022
advanceDNA:

This matter looks like ur mum's card has been compromised b4 going to the bank hence, her pin not working as u said ....the alerts was probably just coincidental with the time she was at the bank.... I suspect inside job or if she use ATM for POS stand.....

I notice those POS gus now have an accomplice that stand at pple's back when u want to key in your pin on their POS...that's how they get pple's pin.....
Sense no go kill you Oga.

2 Likes

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by Bluezy13(m): 7:55pm On Dec 01, 2022
Ifakiland:

Are you sure that you are alright
Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by damosade(m): 7:59pm On Dec 01, 2022
Her card has been swap by the guy behind her. The card she used was not her own.

1 Like

Re: First Bank Wiped My Mum Account by imagrg(m): 1:58am On Dec 02, 2022
Show! shocked

(1) (Reply)

[STORY] One Night Of Raw Sex – [episode 1 – 7] / What Do You Really Need Before The End Of The Month / Oyinbo Woman Explained Why She’s Always And Will Only Ever Date Nigerian Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.