Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,959 members, 7,835,202 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? (1984 Views)

If God Is Truly A Merciful God / Eternal Torment and a Merciful GOD - Goshen and Co, feedback needed / Though The Doors Of My Rapture Flight Are Closed, Iam Still A Merciful God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? by justhappy: 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
baby4u2:

@Justhappy, is the question really does God exist. Because you think He sees all that is happening and is doing nothing. I really dont like going back and forth on religion thread so I stay out of it. However I just want you to know that God is still merciful and kind to those that know Him and love Him.

The true fact is that there is an answer, but I dont think it may satisfy you because you have already come to a conclusion. This was not how God intended man to leave. It was not His plan or design. I will not go on because I dont want to confuse you in anyway, but Give God the benefit of that doubt you feel that he does care, and those who call out to Him, he will answer them.

I would like to personally chat with you, if you have time. Stay happy, and dont doubt God, but believe that one day all these suffering will come to an end.
[b]
Is he kind to the people in impoverished nations who are crying out to him for help and food? Is he kind to the innocent victims of crime who cry out to him with no response? Can you prove that he is kind or are you unable to think otherwise? You have also come to your own conclusion and are unwilling to acknowledge that there are things that take place that show the opposite of kindness and mercy. But, you cover that up by saying we are not meant to understand, etc. God does not give anyone the benefit of the doubt when they don't believe in Jesus or him, that person is punished by hell or death, etc. So, why should we give him so much benefit of the doubt when many of his actions are clearly not merciful or loving. if this is not how God intended things to be, he could change them, and he made a mistake somewhere which makes him fallable not infallable. I am very happy, and doubt is good. Better than following blindly when the evidence is so clear. I thank you for your response. But, it comes from a place that you know something that others don't again which is based on the bible, and I do not agree. [/b]
Re: How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? by baby4u2(f): 8:24pm On Aug 30, 2011
@Justhappy

Last word I promise, Christians dont follow blindly, Like I said you have made your conclusions already. I hope when you ask these many questions you have an open mind to receive an answer.
Re: How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? by PRINCESSO2: 2:49pm On Nov 03, 2015
pain and suffering. But let me end by going back to this specific tragedy that took place two days ago in Aurora. For all the things it leaves us confused about, one of the truths it clearly illustrates is that life is so fragile and short. These people were going to a movie! They had no clue that this might be their last moments in this world. Friends, in this sin-scarred world, we never know when death will come knocking. Often, we don’t get any warning when a heart attack strikes, or when a drunk driver crosses the centerlin
Re: How Can We Call Him A Loving And Merciful God, When He Clearly Is Not? by gbaskiphylle: 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2015
There is a consequence for every action.

The combined action of selfish, greedy, hateful and godless people is the main cause of human suffering.

GOD has tried to guide people in the right direction even sending his own son to die for their sins , and yet they remain hardened ingrates and remain lost in their pitiful condition.

Truly sad !!
Why can't you just explain out of compassion and love to the Op why it is so or not so to clarify him than sayin what you just said? His points are logical and very true. If those acts were ascribed to another deity,you will be the first to condemn such deity. Its just pathetic how religion blinds us to even the minutest of reason....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Real Life Instances Of Witch - Draining / 5 Silly Things That Nairaland Christians Do (updated From 3) / Are Well-informed "Myth Believers" Wicked? (for Atheists)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.