Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds (50440 Views)

Reps Reject Yakubu Abdullahi's Motion To Declare Bauchi Oil-Producing State / Osinbajo Visits Ebonyi State, Received By Governor Umahi (Photos) / Akpabio, Wike And Other Oil-Producing State Governors Meet Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by otokx(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2022
It appears the Truth is gradually coming out.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by DennisEche(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
The worst part of it is Akwa ibom State.
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
It's because life is very difficult in Akwa ibom,
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job etc. Only those that enjoy the states are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites knows this
Thank your star you are not from Abia,Bayelsa, Delta or Edo because they also collect derivation but nothing to show for . atleast Akwa de do road, bridge and infrastructure
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Perfectbeing(m): 4:45pm On Dec 02, 2022
tonididdy:
angry In Edo we don’t even see ourselves as an oil producing state

Nobody to ask questions
You guys said you don't want Edo to be like Lagos na.
As you made your bed, lie on it.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Svoboda(m): 4:46pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

You are speaking through the prism of corruption, we need good leaders in every aspect of governance, that is why we need to vote in right leaders into office.

If Buhari was leading by example, this governors would have been exposed a long time ago

Pray, what do you expect Buhari to do? You think we are a unitary state, or it is Buhari who votes in the govs every election cycle?

While we all spend precious time criticizing the president, the govs are carrying out multiple cases of impunity right under our noses...

5 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by IGBOSON1: 4:49pm On Dec 02, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Soory sir

You cant expect abia with 2 oil wells to receive the same allocations as river state that has almost 31 oil wells

There is a formula

The more revenue you bring, the more allocations you get

Dude, the story is much bigger and started way before this issue of federal gov’t refunds to oil producing states! Onuman knows what he’s talking about, but i wouldn’t expect you to understand where he’s coming from! You probably saw the pathetic amounts Imo and Abia states received and got an instant boner as you couldn’t contain your excitement and happiness!

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Indispensable85(m): 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2022
Our governors are thieves. Obaseki where's our money?

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 4:54pm On Dec 02, 2022
Svoboda:

Pray, what do you expect Buhari to do? You think we are a unitary state, or it is Buhari who votes in the govs every election cycle?

While we all spend precious time criticizing the president, the govs are carrying out multiple cases of impunity right under our noses...

Bihari has a lot to be blamed for, I don't know how old you were during OBJ's time, even as corrupt as he was he put a lot of governors on their toes, that's a corrupt OBJ, now imagine someone who has more integrity than him, I'm not blaming only the president but he could have also done a lot to make some positive change as the supposed father of the nation

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Topmaike007(m): 4:58pm On Dec 02, 2022
kansoboy:

Lol...Bros no vex oo, I was being factual...I have met many eEbonyi state indigens that even denied being called Eza person sef
I am from Afikpo not Ezza but I don't like it when you guys see us in Ebonyi as people from farm
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by bizzibodi(m): 5:01pm On Dec 02, 2022
The question we should be asking our governors are where is the money?even if nigeria has more crude oil than Saudi Arabia we Nigerians will be more worst off....until some corrupt demons are caught & gulliotine & their corrupt blood use to appease d land.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by ogmask: 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2022
35824L:
All they know how to do is construct poorly designed flyovers. See as Port Harcourt roads now look narrow and clogged with needless flyovers that have no on-ramps or off-ramps.

Shhhhh... Nor loud am oooooo, dem full nairaland waiting to attack you once you mention the name of their god, wike. For them, wike is the best gov for erecting all this rubbish archaic and needless flyovers.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Greatlee54: 5:06pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
You will wonder why you see thousands of Akwa ibomites flooding places like Lagos, Abuja, port Harcourt, delta, bayelsa etc.
We only have governors who only build worship centers, stadiums, 10 lanes, 24 story building and other unnecessary things that will not benefit the people.
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job. Only those that enjoy the state are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Udom Emmanuel is a total failure and a big disaster to Akwa ibom, every reasonable Akwa ibomites knows this
very very true

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Iriruaga100(m): 5:09pm On Dec 02, 2022
Delta have got the most terrible set of leaders in power! It will never be well with Okowa the cow teeth pen-robber thief and his gang of looters. Their end will be miserable!

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by ogmask: 5:14pm On Dec 02, 2022
fergie001:
What do you advise?
Jungle Justice?

Good question my brother. Truth is we have lost hope in the Efcc but like you rightly asked, which way next? For me, I will say let us start by putting legislation in place that will forbid elected officeholders from having their children school abroad, and prevent them and members of their families from embarking on medical tourism except the case is a special one. In that case, the nature of the ailment must be made public before such approval is given. Thirdly, disband state electoral commissions and return everything to inec. Remove all sorts of immunity from elected officers at state levels and Lastly, debates, manifestos and budget breakdowns must be made compulsory. Let's start from here and see how it goes.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by onuman: 5:15pm On Dec 02, 2022
thebosstrevor1:

Soory sir

You cant expect abia with 2 oil wells to receive the same allocations as river state that has almost 31 oil wells

There is a formula

The more revenue you bring, the more allocations you get

I wrote earlier that the self styled most Shophistiwretched MURIC people in the SW will soon come in to pontificate the reasons why Abia and Imo states got such paltry sums of money.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by blesoh(f): 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
oka4ugoo:
Bayelsa State, Delta State and Abia State have been unfortunate with worst Governors. Upon all the billions nothing to show for it.

Recently the Governor of Bayelsa was crying fouls because of flooding in his State as if his government is bankrupt.

Na God go punish all of them and their families too. Useless old wicked fools
Please add cross River state, unfinished projects full cross River

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by ogmask: 5:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
DennisEche:

Thank your star you are not from Abia,Bayelsa, Delta or Edo because they also collect derivation but nothing to show for . atleast Akwa de do road, bridge and infrastructure

I hear they are building a deep sea port at Ibeno. If this is actualise it will employ thousands of people in the state.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by GeneralPula: 5:17pm On Dec 02, 2022
alamin0506:
Atleast, We should admit Buhari is not the problem of this nation.
We knew this long time ago and we’re usually mentioning it, but the hatred of Igbos & their noise makes it look like buhari is bad. Buhari really tried for these Governor’s to bail out their each state but they didn’t..

Even despite the Covid 19 effect, He also gave these governors Paris Bail out funds! Buhari can’t go to each state one by one. Highest he can do is to give your state Governor money. The state Governor would receive money and kept quiet like nothing happened..
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by GeneralPula: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:
I am an Hausa Fulani boy from Sokoto State. There have been serious wind of change blowing across the north, especially my village here in Gidan Kaya. I am not so sure but I think we won't be so united in choosing a particular presidential candidate to vote for in 2023 but I see a lot of people spreading the Peter Obi message everywhere and I am also going to be Obidient
Emeka, stop spamming every thread with this gibberish and Nzogbu Nzogbu thinking..

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Svoboda(m): 5:19pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

Bihari has a lot to be blamed for, I don't know how old you were during OBJ's time, even as corrupt as he was he put a lot of governors on their toes, that's a corrupt OBJ, now imagine someone who has more integrity than him, I'm not blaming only the president but he could have also done a lot to make some positive change as the supposed father of the nation

The president can do no more than the law allows. Govs have immunity. Besides, we have an electoral system where voters decide the characters to be elected govs.

Besides, obj contravened the constitution by hounding govs he fell out with, with the efcc just for the optics. At the end nothing came out of it.

This is a federation and not a unitary state. The president can do no more than shoo an errant fly away.

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Timmi: 5:22pm On Dec 02, 2022
immortalcrown:
Seen. The money is gone.

EFCC is nothing but a political tool. EFCC won't notice the money unless the governors go against the presidency.

In your demented mind, so how many of the SS/SE governors are in support of the presidency or even belong to the ruling party, and how many of them has EFCC gone after
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
Svoboda:

The president can do no more than the law allows. Govs have immunity. Besides, we have an electoral system where voters decide the characters to be elected govs.

Besides, obj contravened the constitution by hounding govs he fell out with, with the efcc just for the optics. At the end nothing came out of it.

This is a federation and not a unitary state. The president can do no more than shoo an errant fly away.

But as bad as OBJ's government was, it is still the best we've had since 1999 aside from Yaradua that wasn't really opportuned to govern, doesn't that speak volume...

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by fergie001: 5:24pm On Dec 02, 2022
ogmask:

Good question my brother. Truth is we have lost hope in the Efcc but like you rightly asked, which way next? For me, I will say let us start by putting legislation in place that will forbid elected officeholders from having their children school abroad, and prevent them and members of their families from embarking on medical tourism except the case is a special one. In that case, the nature of the ailment must be made public before such approval is given. Thirdly, disband state electoral commissions and return everything to inec. Remove all sorts of immunity from elected officers at state levels and Lastly, debates, manifestos and budget breakdowns must be made compulsory. Let's start from here and see how it goes.
Hahahaha... Do you know why I laughed?
I will tell you.

The National Assembly proposed 44 bills and the Constitution states that at least 24 State Houses of Assembly must say Yes to everyone of them, then the President will sign and it will become law.

It is over one year and only 11 States have responded. I will name them: Abia, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Delta, Edo, Kaduna, Katsina, Kogi, Lagos, Ogun and Osun states.

The remaining 25 Governors who control the State Houses of Assemblys ordered that they won't allow the Speakers move on with the Constitutional Amendment unless 4 items are added:

State Police and 3 other items that satisfy their yearnings.

There was a reason I gave you this background... So tell me who will approve all of these things you mentioned?

5 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by GeneralPula: 5:26pm On Dec 02, 2022
benja007:

I understand you bro but look at delta state with all the money, masses are suffering, no gratuity and pension for 7 years now, delta state is the headquarters of keke even ladies sef ride keke now in delta state, no roads, no good hospitals, no infrastructure just yahoo boys and hookup girls. The governor okowa with is rotten teeth is busy campaigning to be vp. Glad this 8s coming coming out now, the governors should be called out regularly and massive protest in niger delta states
Man this is not thrilling to read at all. And I used to think delta state is good oo! Niger delta states needs to really speak up like you said for real. This is sure the right time cuz there’s division in Pdp and many would buy the speak ups!

The okowa seem to be really terrible. He also fought with those that brought him to power. All the best to you guys sha..

1 Like

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 02, 2022
IGBOSON1:

Dude, the story is much bigger and started way before this issue of federal gov’t refunds to oil producing states! Onuman knows what he’s talking about, but i wouldn’t expect you to understand where he’s coming from! You probably saw the pathetic amounts Imo and Abia states received and got an instant boner as you couldn’t contain your excitement and happiness!

Tell us the stories with fact.

I shouldn't be expecting stories of marginalisation or Buhari hate igbo people.

Tell us something with concrete information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Judolisco(m): 5:48pm On Dec 02, 2022
inoki247:
Delta state even colet money pass River state....

Na why I dey talk even if we have president wey fit du magic all this useless Governors will not allow the magic to work....

Na dem run go court the other day when Buhari Veto LGA and Judiciary the other day.....

na only wike use him money well
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 02, 2022
Aufbauh:
I'd think is even better & more comfortable to be a governor in Nigeria than be the president.

Why all attention of the common masses are normally fixed on the man in abuja, their immediate CEO of the state fleece their money without challenge or scrutiny.
I've been shouting the same thing. The crooks are not in Abuja, they're in the government house states.

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by OVB123: 6:13pm On Dec 02, 2022
EdiskyHarry:
Akwa ibom is not what most of you believe it is. As graduates, youths and everyone, we are suffering here. Workers are not paid, no gratuity ,no pension, no job. Only those that enjoy the state are the idiots who collects 20 thousand every week to sing praises to the government.
Tell them.
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Svoboda(m): 6:16pm On Dec 02, 2022
Brendaniel:

But as bad as OBJ's government was, it is still the best we've had since 1999 aside from Yaradua that wasn't really opportuned to govern, doesn't that speak volume...

Best in what sense?

In what areas was objs govt better?
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brendaniel: 6:42pm On Dec 02, 2022
Svoboda:

Best in what sense?

In what areas was objs govt better?

Please read the content on the pictures slowly

2 Likes

Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brushless: 6:57pm On Dec 02, 2022
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by Brushless: 7:04pm On Dec 02, 2022
utenwuson:
What's delta state using her money for..... Asaba looks like oshodi
Here you are, and they are all shouting about Lagos that received nothing like them!
Re: What Each Oil-Producing State Received In Refunds by babzo(m): 7:08pm On Dec 02, 2022
SlayQueenIG:
We need restructuring and decentralisation of power in Nigeria

But isn't this a part of decentralization? More money to the States?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Speaks On 2023 Presidential Ambition, Tells APC Members What To Do / Policemen Killed In Emmanuel Agbadu Akabe, Nasarawa Deputy Governor’s Ambush / Minister, Onyeama Carries Woman's Baby Onboard A US-bound Flight. Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.